Lumpy bumpy mess be GONE!
I'm trying to eliminate the use of glue in all aspects of construction, so I came up with a new method of handle attachment. It's very similar to Ompa's preferred method, but simpler. This handle is made from 3/4" PVC, in the Boltsniper method. I took a 1/2" CPVC endcap, hammered it into the center tube, and then screwed it in from the sides. I drilled a guide hole from the bottom, and then an access hole on the top so I could screw it in. It's solid.
Likewise, I finally did what I should have done from the start: the clothespin is attached with a screw driven right into the PC. I cut the screw short with a dremel disc (the tip would bump the rear of the plunger, otherwise. Shorter screws would probably help).
I also made a new inline barrel. It's currently 9" of brass, going from 19/32" to 17/32" (joined in the same method as my pump action breech). The brass isn't glued into the outer PVC sheath, just held in place with o-rings. I haven't tested range yet, but darts are no longer fishtailing. Whether it's still a bit too long to get maximum range remains to be seen.
Edited by Carbon, 10 August 2010 - 07:59 PM.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.