Photo

Ecno

East Coast Nerf Outing

174 replies to this topic

#76 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

I hope more people then this come, or it wont be that fun.

Quality over quantity.

I have found that 8 people make for a fun war; anything over twenty attendees can make rounds very long, and can create oodles of stand offs.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#77 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

Someone better bring my splitfire, because I know you took it.

You know WHO took it? If you want to make veiled threats you should probably let us know who is supposed to feel (comically) threatened.

If I had the faintest idea of where it was, I wouldn't be posting, would I?

RAMBO, I don't recall saying that, I do believe that day is the last day of my break, so chances are pretty good I can make it...

Alright, my mistake, I suppose. PM or email me if you need a ride.

#78 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

I hope more people then this come, or it wont be that fun.

Quality over quantity.

I have found that 8 people make for a fun war; anything over twenty attendees can make rounds very long, and can create oodles of stand offs.

I'm going to second Dark Shrimp on that one, 8-12 good Nerfers is an ideal size.

Either way, Ice - how many fucking Nerf wars have you been to? Keep your trap shut, show up on time, and just do what you're told.

Is Parkway still coming? This war is going to be absolute shit if Parkway isn't there.

Edited by Famine, 22 February 2008 - 08:10 PM.

~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#79 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

Either way, Ice - how many fucking Nerf wars have you been to? Keep you trap shut, show up on time, and just do what you're told.

Sorry, just posting my opinion...
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#80 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

Either way, Ice - how many fucking Nerf wars have you been to? Keep you trap shut, show up on time, and just do what you're told.

Sorry, just posting my opinion...

Don't worry, he loves you. He just doesn't want his adoration to go to your head.

#81 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

Uhhhhh, I google earthed this and it doesn't exist. Atleast not in that direct area. Can you give more info please.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#82 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

http://www.irontonra....org/IRTmap.htm
The directions lead to Sam Balliet Statium, so I guess you're supposed to park there, and nerf in that area NNW of the stadium? It would be nice to have more info so I can update the Big List of Venues

Edited by Langley, 25 February 2008 - 09:21 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#83 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

Apologies, address updated.

What's this list of venues Langley?
I really don't have the time to decipher that map, but the location is just the woods, it's not a park or anything. We meet at the American Legion at the posted address and walk about a half mile to the woods, but there's definitely no stadium...

#84 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

From the satellite map, the 'stadium' appears to be a baseball field.

This is the big list of venues. I already added the location of this war, but you can reply in that thread with anything you would like updated.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#85 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Update on my status: Unless something catastrophic occurs between now and spring break, I should definitely be there.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#86 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hell yea, now with Cold Closet we can reassemble the NEW 4 Horsemen. This should be an Effeminate war. ...Like Thermopylae Effeminate.
I hate you.

#87 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hey. I'm new but this is definitely what I want to get into. I live in Burlington NJ. If you wouldn't mind, file me under "More than Likely." Thanks.
Teehee.

#88 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Hell yea, now with Cold Closet we can reassemble the NEW 4 Horsemen. This should be an Effeminate war. ...Like Thermopylae Effeminate.

I'm not still included, am I? Groove seems much more deserving. If I'm still included, you better be bringing a gun for me, because I definitely don't have time to put anything together.

#89 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

You are the king of lame.

#90 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

Says the guy with a 1337 post count.

VACC: Clearly I can never post again, lest I spoil the sweetness of my postcount. From this moment forth I will speak through others. I shall be as the ventriloquist with his hand up the dummy's ass. And Hersch, you are my first dummy. Loob up.

Edited by VACC, 01 March 2008 - 10:50 AM.

#91 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm confused. Everyone here seems to be overly concerned with ranges. I'm using a BBB that gets 132' slightly angeled and a foregrip ls, with ranges around 40'. I don't see what's wrong with this, because if anyone gets close, I switch from the BBB to the ls for increased ROF. Alot of people are telling me this is a bad idea, but haven't explained why. Can someone help me?
Muker

#92 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

You'll see when the wars over.

Do whatever you'd like, you'll do fine. Its a Nerf war, not a Concentration Camp
Timothy M-Lick <3

#93 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Do whatever you'd like, you'll do fine. Its a Nerf war, not a Concentration Camp

What the fuck did I just say? You did the same thing everything else did!

I'm sorry, I lose my temper sometimes. Please forgive me.
Muker

#94 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

What the fuck did I just say? You did the same thing everything else did!

I'm sorry, I lose my temper sometimes. Please forgive me.

The nerf wars like this one are generally in an open field. There's a lot of dancing(dodging). The long range weapons dominate. Unless you're really quick, then I'd just use your long range gun.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Just get out there and win! And have fun too... ya.

Edited by nerfer34, 05 March 2008 - 09:19 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#95 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Yea, the problem with 40' guns is that the majority of them do not put the kind of velocity you need to hit someone.

The Powerclips and Magstrikes hit people by not giving them any other option. A Longshot has a very good ROF for what it is, but if you're only lobbing darts at people, you can't get send them down range fast enough to have the same effect as a true automatic. If you have a good bbb, I would suggest just sticking with that, perhaps add a Nitefinder or other pistol as a sidearm. Several LCMers have used bbbs in the past and from what I've seen, it is a fine stand-alone weapon for outdoor wars.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you will also have teammates around you, who can help with rushes, so having that high ROF is not crucial in an medium-range outdoor war.

Edited by Kuhlschrank, 05 March 2008 - 09:25 PM.

+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#96 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

The nerf wars like this one are generally in an open field. There's a lot of dancing(dodging). The long range weapons dominate. Unless you're really quick, then I'd just use your long range gun.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Just get out there and win! And have fun too... ya.

Don't talk about what you don't know about asstard!

This field has a handful of buildings and tons of cover. Almost everyone who's there will be using a long range single shot primary. So most of the time a medium range gun with decent rof won't do much since you won't get close enough to your target.

Only one field in NJ has an open field and that's deal.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 05 March 2008 - 09:28 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#97 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

Its a Nerf war, not a Concentration Camp

Actually, based on the pictures Rambo posted, I think it IS a Concentration Camp. Thankfully no one I like to Nerf with is Jewish so I'm not too concerned.

Ice - Listen to Kulschrank and Dark Shrimp, they know what they're talking about and will prove it to you on March 22nd. Without self-warming lube.

Bring the BBB, bring a modded spring pistol, steal some darts from OMC when he's not looking, and you'll do just fine.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#98 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Its a Nerf war, not a Concentration Camp

Actually, based on the pictures Rambo posted, I think it IS a Concentration Camp. Thankfully no one I like to Nerf with is Jewish so I'm not too concerned.

Ice - Listen to Kulschrank and Dark Shrimp, they know what they're talking about and will prove it to you on March 22nd. Without self-warming lube.

Bring the BBB, bring a modded spring pistol, steal some darts from OMC when he's not looking, and you'll do just fine.

Also, bring sleeves....but of the tear-away variety. You're greatest weapon is your opponent's fear.

Thinks about it:

"Shrimp stalks you from behind, secure in his undeniably manly odor: not a care in the world. Until he hears the noise that freezes his nerve, and sends tremors of panic all the way from his scalp to his taint. Velcro rips like lee presson nails accross the chalkboard of his soul and he knows that he faces not just the absurd nerf weaponry you hold in your hands, but the most potent guns he's ever seen; the ones god gave you, and only hell can take away!"

At least that's what Famine wrote in his diary. I don't know why I read this shit, it's really disturbing.

VACC

#99 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:24 PM

Almost everyone who's there will be using a long range single shot primary. So most of the time a medium range gun with decent rof won't do much since you won't get close enough to your target.

I expect to get both Groove and OMC out with a foam sword...again. Should be even easier on this field.

Move me up to "more than likely"

Edited by Crankymonky, 06 March 2008 - 04:25 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#100 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

Haha, I take shitty pictars, so don't expect it to be... quite what you expect... There's not much room to prance around as I know you like to...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users