Airsoft999's Content

There have been 242 items by Airsoft999 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#41425 X-bows

Posted by Airsoft999 on 11 November 2004 - 10:58 AM in General Nerf

Micro Stefans. Own.
I've heard that trimmed and weighted stock micros also work great.

#41423 X-bows

Posted by Airsoft999 on 11 November 2004 - 10:18 AM in General Nerf

First, what ammo are you using?
If stock micros or mega stefans, use Rag's mod.
If you are using micro stefans, use Ray's mod.

#41419 X-bows

Posted by Airsoft999 on 11 November 2004 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

:(
If you keep the barrel on, you'll need a ramrod to shove the dart all the way down. This actually INCREASES the reload time. And it won't fall out if you shove the barrel in the coupler.

#41179 X-bows

Posted by Airsoft999 on 08 November 2004 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

Well I'm in NY, and any toy liquidator within a 45 mile diameter of Buffalo has been robbed of any X-Bows. I have 31 now, and they might be up for sale. If not, They'll be up on eBay- maybe like 20 of them for an affordable price. Prolly 35-45 including ship. However, CX has first dibs on like 4 of these, if I sell them.

#41051 X-bows

Posted by Airsoft999 on 07 November 2004 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

I just found 8 more- in addition to the three I first found at a toy liquidator- I'd sell some of them- glad to help out the NIC.

100 dollars ;) . Just kidding- make me an offer.

No wonder X-Bows were so rare... :lol:

#39036 X-bow Rebuild Fs V2.0

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 October 2004 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Wow, that is one of the sexiest nerf guns of all time. Just bulk up the barrel like everyone is saying and it will be even sexier.
~Halfling

Bravo, indeed. Isn't there anyway to get the extra vinyl inside the gun? It's just... there. But that's my half cent. And I think a bulkier and maybe straighter barrel would look great. But it is already great. Gotta do that to my extremely screwed shell of an X-Bow.

#37884 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 27 September 2004 - 07:37 PM in Off Topic

Congrats, I just noticed that we set another all-time most people online record. Damn, this was the time I spent at the dinner table.

#37935 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 September 2004 - 05:07 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, CX, but the grammar... Sorry if that was dumb...

#37923 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 September 2004 - 03:08 PM in Off Topic

Guests is people with accounts

... :unsure:

Well said Langley.

#37887 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 27 September 2004 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, 36 guests, that is a lot. Could some of them possible be members that were too lazy to log in? I'll wait for CX on the final note on this.

Actually, the record is 55! And there are 53 right now! Wow...

Stupid fucking flood control.

#31913 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 July 2004 - 10:27 AM in General Nerf

heh I wonder who said no!

*cough* Ahem... Yeah! the red FBR would be sweet! *cough*

#38279 Where To Find....

Posted by Airsoft999 on 03 October 2004 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

DAMMIT!

nerfisgreat10 doesn't have like 20 threads in a row now. ^_^
Moose, you can still contact me 'bout those guns.

#38283 Where To Find....

Posted by Airsoft999 on 03 October 2004 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

No, I haven't gotten any. Well, I emptied my mailbox, and I'm going to the store tomorrow.

#39741 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 October 2004 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

Well I don't think there is a SUCKIEST gun, just the good and better guns. 

So, you're saying that the slingshot is a good gun? Wow, that only good way of using it would be for a decoy of a person using a slingshot with just having it in the bushes.

Or saying

Look at this cool slingshot that shoots balls!!! ot's amazing!! and this stupid Crossbow that doesn't have a barrel on it [twitch]

Yeah, that Crossbow is teh suck.

Let's have a war.  I'll just use the X-Bow as a shield.

Cool!!

[grabs breech loading barrel, puts it in the coupler, loads in stefan...]

As for the worst gun... yeah... the Slingshot...

#39555 What Are These?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 22 October 2004 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

best ebay deal ever.... i got my nib x bow for 25 bucks plus shipping im so excited

Hee hee... LIAR!!! You just posted a topic a few weeks ago on wanting an X-Bow. Then I go on eBay using all different filters, looking for some good guns. I sure as hell didn't see the NIB X-Bow. Really, no one probably has a NIB crossbow. Also, I'm sure someone else would've bet... show me the link. Or show me the NIB X-Bow when you get it.

#39613 What Are These?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 October 2004 - 10:06 AM in General Nerf

Shutting up.

#39610 What Are These?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 October 2004 - 09:55 AM in General Nerf

http://cgi.ebay.com/...5928383621&rd=1

my user name is mbednarski50, and im clearly the winner buy it now on this crossbow for 25 bucks.

One: I don'y care if you have a NIB X-Bow since you can't mod it.
Two: My cousin is mbednarski50. I'd be insulted if you were my cousin
Three: How could you be sitting with the X-Bow if the site says that you still haven't payed, and that I eMailed the guy and he said he sent the gun to Oregon, and you live in New Jersey?
:mellow:

#50380 Verry Verry Strange

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 March 2005 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

The new nite finders ammo is regular micros and the old ones used airjets. The old ones won't fire because they are to fat. You need to drill the air restrictors out to get them to fire.

EDIT; Please use black letters, your killing my eyes

Actually, some old NF ammo was thinner than others... I have about 9 darts that do work in my ner NF, and about 9 that don't.

#37811 Triple Strike Mod

Posted by Airsoft999 on 26 September 2004 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

Search NerfWorld.

#47689 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 February 2005 - 10:30 AM in General Nerf

CX is right. It looks like a cocking gun. Now, will it have the new plunger technology?
Just wondering, though, this means that Hasbro defines that as a rapid fire gun- so the Maverick is also a rapid fire gun? And why would they just pretty much rerelease the Maverick for a tag kit- I would think they would use a different gun. Due to that, I think the cocking think could be a pump- I've seen the design on a Light Storm LS10- in fact, they look very alike.

#47631 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 February 2005 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

The other one sounds like a PC knockoff. But at least it looks slimmed-down this time. Hopefully they maybe put some more durable internals in this one. The REV-8 seems like it has potential, just remove the light and hopefully we'll have another good gun.

Then again,

Posted Image

Those look alot like slides for a cocker. If they are, can anyone say 10-shot cocking gun? Hell yeah.

If anyone does go to the toyfair, please confirm if it's a pump or cocking gun. You'd have my... ok you get the point, just someone do it- I doubt my parents would let me FLY somewhere to see a toy festival.

~ompa

I agree with the cocking mech thing, but there is a neckstrap attached to it, so it would be hard to cock. I thought it would be like an A-Storm, but there is a trigger. Hot damn.

#36490 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Airsoft999 on 05 September 2004 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

But doesn't this defeat the purpose of modifying guns to make them stronger? So if i have a clear shot at someone whos 30 feet away with a high powered gun, i should just kindly ask them to move farther back so the pain isn't as bad? Why buy the titan if all your gonna do is make it weaker?

We aren't making it weaker, just enough so that it won't really hurt someone.
Modding it to shoot darts any way at all is going to make it stronger, but 200' moves a little towards the "lethal" side of life.

#36473 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Airsoft999 on 05 September 2004 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

Yes, but dart mods still let you shoot the missle.

#36404 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Airsoft999 on 04 September 2004 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Warghost, as ompa said, do you want to seriously hurt someone? Say you shoot your friend, and he is bleeding, screaming in pain. So later he steals the Titan and pegs you back.

And don't triple post in your BBB Topic. It doesn't need to be in the recent 15 or 20 or whatever amount it is. It works, and you can end it there.

Ompa: I almost didn't catch your sarcasm ^_^ . That was sarcasm right...

#35872 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Airsoft999 on 30 August 2004 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

Just pump less and shoot more. Leave ur options open for when you really wanna nail a guy. Unless the problem is that it's so powerful that the darts go funny.

As been said before by THE ompa... I worship you... people lose track. Accidents happen.

If the darts fishtail in your second question, use a heavier weight. I used 7/0 steel shots, and can get 200'

#34837 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 22 August 2004 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

yes. The dart might not go into the other piece, unless you sand the inner of one, and outer of another, and then put it on.

#34821 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 August 2004 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

15.5 inches gets me maximum range... I started out with two 20 inch segments, and cut off .5 inches at a time. with testing 10 shots per length, the range increased by at least 6 feet 2 inches to 15.5 and 16 inches. You might get different results, but with me, 15.5 and 16 work the best.

#34721 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 August 2004 - 01:58 AM in Modifications

Frankly, i dont see why its so great getting good ranges with less pumps. I mean, you got a scout and a hornet to back you up just in case you miss. You could like just sit in the middle of the field and take your time to sharpshoot people, and not worry about having to run away when you miss. <_<

So you can sharpshoot more people ;)

#34808 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 August 2004 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Yeah. I think NSF, you should try 20 inches of SCH80 PVC with 1.5-2 inches of 17/32" brass in the rear. Just shove it in :P . Maybe a better alternative is 20 inches of PETG, if you have any.

#34813 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 August 2004 - 11:16 PM in Modifications

Ah, the age old question. Whatever fits better. But in this case, the two fit similar (At least for me). So I think SCH80 PVC is better due to te fact that most people can't get 16 inches of brass. I however, can, and it works like a charm- it fits perfectly in the PVC- no airloss. I'm using 15.5 inches, and getting an average of 195 feet. Slightly better than ompa's- partially because I used a SCH80 barrel stub... smaller diameter, so there is less that the air has to travel to reach the dart, resulting in more pressure. (Thanks to ompa for enlightening me on that info.) And I finally plugged the release valve. However, that is with around 20-25 pumps. I can get 100 feet with about 6-7 pumps, and I can pump at about 4 pumps per second- 100 feet in a little over 1 second. I like it. :P

#34834 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 22 August 2004 - 01:25 AM in Modifications

I'm with you, ompa :P

#34712 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

Ompa: since my friend isn't including the missle, the gun's useless, and I'll give it to you <_<.

NSF: I know you're out there! If you didn't get rid of the air restrictor how are you getting good ranges? How are you getting 90 feet with 3 pumps?!

#34704 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Is there an air restrictory on the titan, or am I just to lazy to find it? Probably the lather.

fishy fishy fish?

Okay. Now I don't believe your results, NSF. I believe ompa's. However, when I decide whether or not to plug, I probably won't still.

#34709 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 11:21 PM in Modifications

1.) I don't need that extra boost.
2.) I am not going to go through the risk of blowing the airtank yet... not until my friend gives me his "defective" Titan :rolleyes: ...

...he lost the missle.

#34693 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

'Cause if you are getting great ranges with 5 pumps or so, and Ompa's darts don't leave the barrel yet, I might not plug the overpressure valve... If the max distance if 10-15 feet less, I won't really care, because Sooting someone from 170 away is not likely even if the gun can shoot 180 feet... I'll probably pump it about 5-10 times and hope to get ranges similar to an sm5k... NSF, you better not be lying <_< . Looks like someone (Jlego?) got their wish granted. "If only the Titan could get about 100 feet with 3 pumps..."

#34683 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

NSF: You got those ranges without plugging the release valve right?

#37193 Titan Trouble

Posted by Airsoft999 on 14 September 2004 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Wait... he wants to open the gun right? Or get off the barrel? If he wants to open the gun, that's not necessary.

#37186 Titan Trouble

Posted by Airsoft999 on 14 September 2004 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

You don't have to open the gun... Don't worry about the overpressure release... you can still get 170-185 feet with it, and the balls don't really bother me.

#38926 Titan Mod Question For Cxwq

Posted by Airsoft999 on 13 October 2004 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Problem is reducing that to the size of the barrel adapter- and that's going to take some creative dremeling/reducers. However, I recall that he had a threaded barrel adapter, so maybe you could take a 1/2-3/4 coupler and screw it on there, then stick some 3/4pvc on there and stuff the rocket on- it'd make the seal with the 3/4 part of the coupler, which I THINK is sufficient.

~ompa

Yes, ompa, that is the problem.

#38913 Titan Mod Question For Cxwq

Posted by Airsoft999 on 13 October 2004 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

It does not allow you to shoot the foam rocket but im assuming that i could do a little modification to allow it to shoot it. I think that i will be able to put up the pictures of my titan by the end of today though.

That's fucking disgusting. You aren't going to be allowed to use it at a war, if you even war, and the Rocket is the only real cool part... so are paintballs... Sure the darts are powerful, but it's not worth losing the rocket. And if it is REALLY easy to unmod... you'll have an extremely craptacular seal to the barrel... You are losing a bunch of air.