Titan Mod Question For Cxwq

physiquemodified

28 replies to this topic

#1 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

question for cxwq. Are you coming up with a mod for the titan because i am very excited and anxious to mod it and i know that your one of the best nerfer to mod guns. I dont really know a lot about the physics about nerf guns so if possible could you tell me what i should do: materials and explaination.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

Next time, if you have a specific question to a specific person, just priveate message them. Their is already a few Titan mods floating around, use the search button.

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:03 PM

PMs are good.

I'll be posting up Ompa's Titan mod Real Soon Now™.

I doubt I'll be doing a seperate writeup of my own since his is quite good.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:43 PM

Heh real soon now means in the next year. In the meantime, I'll link you to mine.

Here you go.

~ompa

#5 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:26 PM

Is that gonna be your new trademarked slogan until you're finished putting up ompa's mod?
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#6 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:46 AM

Is that gonna be your new trademarked slogan until you're finished putting up ompa's mod?

Well, there are a few member submissions that Cx is planning on getting put up. Like he said earlier, all he needs is 2 hours to himself to get the job done. I somehow doubt that he can find that 2 hours within his shedual very easily, so we're just going to let him do thing's on his own time.

But my SM5k mod is in the queue aswell as far as I know.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#7 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:53 AM

after looking at ompa's mod i found out a way to make my own version of a mod for the titan. Ill come out with it soon.

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:22 AM

after looking at ompa's mod i found out a way to make my own version of a mod for the titan. Ill come out with it soon.

Well, aren't you special.

#9 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:09 PM

for my mod i am going to take 2" of 17/32 brass, wrap electric tape around it until 2" of a 1/2 inch of pvc piping fits firmly over that and then i am going to hot glue the gap in between the 2 inches brass and 2 inches of pvc only on the end of the barrel that is going to fit into the orange nozzle of the titan so that it will be air tight. Then i am going to hot glue the brass/pvc piping barrel into the orange nozzle of the titan. Then i am going to put a half inch coupler over that once it is glued in. After that i am going to take 12" of 9/16 brass and wrap electrical tape around that until 8" of a half inch pvc piping fits firmly over that and hot glue in between the gaps of the brass and pvc. Then i just attach the two pieces together and it should work.

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:35 PM

for my mod i am going to [snip] attach the two pieces together and it should work.

Wow! I never thought of doing my Max Shot mod on the Titan.

#11 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:04 PM

for my mod i am going to [snip] attach the two pieces together and it should work.

Wow! I never thought of doing my Max Shot mod on the Titan.

^_^ Yeah... Maybe the brass is only there to hold the dart in place... But then again, without the little bit of 17/32" brass in the back to hold the dart, wouldn't you need a longer barrel? Sure it's an air gun, but the air output is so much I think a nested barrel will work. But if you plan to twist the dart into the barrel constriction, you obviously don't have a Titan. And I still don't completely understand your mod.

#12 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:18 PM

i just tested my titan that i finished modding today and it went through 2 sturdy pieces of cardboard and kept going.

#13 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:27 PM

how do you post pictures to this topic, i want to show my pictures of my modded titan.

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:36 PM

First, don't double post. Second, to post images, upload them onto the web, using a host like www.photobucket.com. Then, click the "IMG" button when you're making your post, put the URL in, and close the IMG tag. If you're using photobucket, change the prefix from img. to www. and the image will work fine.

By the way- does your mod allow the Titan to shoot the rocket too? because if it does, that's gotta be one pain in the ass to load. If it isn't, that means that you're losing ALOT of air efficiency shooting that thing. Or I'll just wait until you get pictures up.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 12 October 2004 - 08:37 PM.

#15 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

It does not allow you to shoot the foam rocket but im assuming that i could do a little modification to allow it to shoot it. I think that i will be able to put up the pictures of my titan by the end of today though.

#16 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:42 PM

The mod on my titan lets me shoot darts, the rocket and the blastzooka rockets too. And it is very easy to load plus it is threaded too so I can attach shotgun shots.

#17 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:52 PM

It does not allow you to shoot the foam rocket but im assuming that i could do a little modification to allow it to shoot it. I think that i will be able to put up the pictures of my titan by the end of today though.

That's fucking disgusting. You aren't going to be allowed to use it at a war, if you even war, and the Rocket is the only real cool part... so are paintballs... Sure the darts are powerful, but it's not worth losing the rocket. And if it is REALLY easy to unmod... you'll have an extremely craptacular seal to the barrel... You are losing a bunch of air.

#18 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 06:00 PM

what i mean i can do in order to do a little modification so that the foam rocket could fit over it would be that i could just slide a piece of pvc over the brass barrel and then the rocket would be able to fit over it.

#19 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

what i mean i can do in order to do a little modification so that the foam rocket could fit over it would be that i could just slide a piece of pvc over the brass barrel and then the rocket would be able to fit over it.

Ain'y gonna work... A rocket can't fit over 1/2" SCH40 PVC... I doesn't fit over any pvc. Yes, I've tried.

#20 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:49 PM

3/4" PVC with an end cap works very well.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#21 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

Problem is reducing that to the size of the barrel adapter- and that's going to take some creative dremeling/reducers. However, I recall that he had a threaded barrel adapter, so maybe you could take a 1/2-3/4 coupler and screw it on there, then stick some 3/4pvc on there and stuff the rocket on- it'd make the seal with the 3/4 part of the coupler, which I THINK is sufficient.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 13 October 2004 - 07:55 PM.

#22 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:36 PM

Problem is reducing that to the size of the barrel adapter- and that's going to take some creative dremeling/reducers. However, I recall that he had a threaded barrel adapter, so maybe you could take a 1/2-3/4 coupler and screw it on there, then stick some 3/4pvc on there and stuff the rocket on- it'd make the seal with the 3/4 part of the coupler, which I THINK is sufficient.

~ompa

Yes, ompa, that is the problem.

#23 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:45 AM

Ok enough is enough. You guys are making this mod into something ridiculous.

Take a ½ sch adapter, one side is ridged the other is a male screw adapter, go with the ones at Do It Best they fit inside the old barrel which is key. This adapter piece will fit into the barrel stub with a little dremel work. Mine fits so well I didn’t have to seal it in, but I did. Next buy a female-female ½ sch adapter and either a 5 or 6 inch piece of sch can’t remember, make sure it is threaded at both ends. Now the rest of this is so easy guys. You screw on the old barrel after you dremel the top air restrictor out. Next you screw on the female-female on you 5 or 6 piece of sch. Then you place this down the barrel and screw it on to the adapter you glued down. And with regards to the 5 or 6 well check the length and see witch one sizes up with the old barrel and go with that one. To make it more secure stuff some pipe insulator around your 5 or 6.

Now for the beauty of it all, you can fire the stefans, the large rockets, and have a threaded barrel for your attachments. Plus since you are incorporating the existing barrel you gain the stability it creates.

#24 physiquemodified

physiquemodified

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

is there anyother way to send a picture other than what ompa said about using photobucket because i am not a logged in used of photobucket

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:33 PM

Host it somewhere else- like imageshack or something.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users