pinhead52's Content

There have been 182 items by pinhead52 (Search limited from 16-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83320 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 June 2006 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Basic mod, masic texture painting. Didn't seal the paint until after it started rubbing off. Oh well, better luck next time.

Posted Image

My BBB with a telescoping barrel, as explained in CXWQ's barrel replacement article.

#50968 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 29 March 2005 - 12:34 AM in General Nerf

Hah, those vests may never fit you, but I happen to have the scrawny torso of a ten year old boy. I'm gonna sport those muthas 24/7.

Wow, finally a pic of the firefly. I am seriously excited. Do I really have to wait until fall? They clearly already have one, how hard is it to produce another million or so?

But more importantly, why doesn't it connect? I think it would've made an awesome hornet replacement. Imagine, a titan (or if they ever replace it with something else sweet) with a modded mav on the side and a firefly on the bottom strapped to your back with two NFs in holsters? Overkill?

#51111 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 March 2005 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

I think you're supposed to put your other hand on top, over the slide. That would be cool.

#51706 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

I'm curious as to whether guns will be released between now and the fall, because it'd be sweet if they surprised us with something. Actually I'm just impatient.

Hey, what if the re-released the crossbow and it replaced the titan in the setup. Then there was a re-released RF20 where the hornet would go. Add an NF and you've got a pro-arsenal-in-a-package.

#51842 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 April 2005 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

Hey, what if the re-released the crossbow and it replaced the titan in the setup. Then there was a re-released RF20 where the hornet would go. Add an NF and you've got a pro-arsenal-in-a-package.

I really can't believe how many people are unable to read the first post in this topic. Things have been clearly stated more than a few times that the crossbow will never be rereleased. Why can't you get that through your heads? Quit dreaming about it. Any little whim you had, or hypothestical hope is not going to happen. In fact, if they rerelease the crossbow, I'll buy one for every idiot that ever talked about them rereleasing it. That's how confident I am that it will never be done. So in short, NO.

Just in case you morons can't read the first post, let me quote the part that you morons didn't read apparently.

Let’s get one thing out of the way for GOOD. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER SEE A RERELEASE OF THE CROSSBOW. NEVER, understand it. Done.

You know, for someone who talks about reading the whole thread, you seem to have missed something important a few posts ago, it was where I quoted the original post in response to someone else saying they wanted the Crossbow to be re-released. I know this makes things confusing, but trust me, I was being sarcastic in the second post.

But yes, us morons will kee dreaming. :rolleyes:

#51449 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 03 April 2005 - 04:02 AM in General Nerf

Let’s get one thing out of the way for GOOD. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER SEE A RERELEASE OF THE CROSSBOW. NEVER, understand it. Done.

#60719 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by pinhead52 on 31 July 2005 - 01:33 PM in General Nerf

What the hell. It's not much, but I don't got money;

SS2 [Shotgun modded]
Maveric [basic modded, custom paint job]
Nite Finder [Crayola Barreled]
WildFire [Stock, except a really cool paint job]
Small Soldiers SM500 [stock]

Short of the Mav and NF this is all just stuff I found going through my old toys when I decided to get into Nerf.

#260809 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by pinhead52 on 05 January 2010 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Wow, FAMAS much?

It looks like the FAMAS and Aug Hbar had a baby...and gave it a flashlight.

Uh... what? Both those are bul-pups, and this isn't. Also, this has the main feature being that it collapses. Neither of those guns do so, any more than a regular tactical rifle. I need more explanation on your point of view there.

The breech also looks identical to the raider's. Nothing new there either, though it was still the best of the breeches I've seen from Nerf yet.

Aside from that, this is nothing more than a collapsible pump-modded LS. That's cool and everything, but I think everyone here has dramatically mis-interpreted just how cool this is.

Also, from an engineering standpoint, there's no reason to have the battery in it operate the collapsing function, or even help out for that matter. All of the guns like that I've ever seen use a mechanical system, not electrical, since that's cheaper and more reliable. But you know what on that gun does use batteries? The flashlight.

That being said, yes, I will own one of these. It has the best breech so far, comes pump-modded, and has a built in flashlight.

#49024 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by pinhead52 on 08 March 2005 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

I agree with him. I never had any serious relationships in high school, because I watched other people and saw that nothing good came from them. Not that I wasn't social, I just didn't put a lot of stock in holding some girl's hand between classes for a few weeks before she dumped me for my best friend.

Do what's important to you. Don't let people tell you that your point of view is stupid. You came to this conclusion your own way, and I respect it. Besides, if you're like I was, you have a lot of hobbies and not enough time or money for a girlfriend anyway.

#49005 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by pinhead52 on 08 March 2005 - 01:41 AM in General Nerf

twenty. I'll be drinking next Jan.

#84724 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 July 2006 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

The plus side; it's stefan compatible. The downside; the plunger size. I don't know about you guys, but I can guess by the ranges and by the pictures (the bolt moves what, two and a half inches?) that this thing probably has the same internals as the Sawtooth... it's probably actually just an upgrade to the Sawtooth. I say we have restrictor removal and spring replacement, lending maybe 50 ft good range. It's not going to be too useful, and definitely not worthy of that bipod, but like all other worthless N-Strike guns, awesome looking. And that works for me.

#63716 Your Armory

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

Hey Quasar, I see there the SM500 from the Small Soldiers collection. That's the first aside from my own that I've seen. I hope you modded it well, I'm saving mine until I know I'm good enough.

Oh, and Orange? Damn dude...

#52209 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by pinhead52 on 10 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Probably about a 100-150', depending on how quickly he gets tired(and how he's skipping).

So the pony's stock eh? When you gonna mod it, and will we get a write-up?

#53333 Your Ride?

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 April 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

Gary Fisher sugar 4+ (last years). It's a mountain bike. I don't have enough money to get a road bike too...

All stock, but I'm getting disc brakes this summer.

#52860 Good News, Bad News

Posted by pinhead52 on 19 April 2005 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

BBB re-release? Sweet. That was the gun that I always really really wanted as a kid. Nevermind it's slight inferiority to the xbow, it's becoming my main.

Is this another gun for which I must wait until fall? Because that would frustrate me.

#53155 Good News, Bad News

Posted by pinhead52 on 22 April 2005 - 12:54 AM in General Nerf

It sounds like it's just a crossbow that looks like a bow. I always thought it was just a cooler looking bow n' arrow.

#49790 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by pinhead52 on 16 March 2005 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

Pardon my ignorance, what is the firefly? is it something new?

I know they're going to get mad at me for being off topic, but I'm new...

I did a google for this when he said something about it too. Apparently it's a new gun to come out this fall called the "Fire Fly rev-8" (sound familiar?). It has internal lights that flash to charge up the glow-in-the-dark darts. I don't know anything about the propulsion system yet, but I'll probably post any information I get beyond what is already public knowledge in a different thread (unless someone else beats me to it, of course...)

#49043 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by pinhead52 on 08 March 2005 - 06:49 PM in General Nerf

I'd ask if they were going to make hornet replacements like they did the scout. Maybe something like the wildfire that clips under the titan. And with the new color scheme, maybe something to replace the titan too.

#60141 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by pinhead52 on 25 July 2005 - 01:59 AM in Modifications

If you notice in front of the attachment there is a site... or something that pops up to keep it form attaching where the scout and mav attach. It'll attach to something else, if anything at all.

#69990 First Gun?

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 December 2005 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

First gun ever was the SSII. I didn't really get into nerfing (modding and whatnot, still don't actually go out and shoot people very often) until I got the Mav.

#254703 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 October 2009 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

It's just a LS re-shelled to look more like a loser (specifically the Dragunov) than a carbine. I have a few friends who will probably love it. I would also expect that it's got a raider-like breech. I've worked with all the LS re-shells and the Raider seemed to have the only one that actually made it easy to clear a jam.

#64455 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 September 2005 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

Wow, I noticed those too but didn't want to say anything because I learned to fence from a bunch of other drunken idiots, so I figured it was all taken out of a movie (which it probably still was).

Last I heard they haven't changed anything about flicks. Maybe that's just foil though, I don't read much on epee.

#64040 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 01:14 AM in Off Topic

I mountain bike- if anyone knows bikes I have a Gary Fisher Sugar 4+ (the cheap one...)
I also fence... a little. Not competitively, just drunken. Sometimes we'll be sitting around having a few beers and someone will challenge me to a duel. I only know foil, but I guarantee I do stuff that would be considered not foil... and illegal in all types of fencing.

Oh, and I used to paintball and airsoft, and still do when money and time permits.

#257614 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 November 2009 - 01:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Correction to my RSVP; I can only make it on the 12th, and will be bringing only 1 other person. I'd also prefer Topeka, but can probably make it to Olathe.

#257448 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by pinhead52 on 28 November 2009 - 01:15 PM in Nerf Wars

12 or 13th then? I need to know as soon as possible which one (I work weekends). Topeka is best for me. I might have one to five people with me.

#74953 Who Are You?

Posted by pinhead52 on 02 March 2006 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

I voted retard to make up for all the retards who don't know they are... which might be me too.

#307078 Alternative Ammo

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 November 2011 - 10:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've had this on my mind at work, and I've come to a few conclusions. The first is that they seem to be sturdier ammo than Stefans, and just as reliable as stock micros. Pending some actual tests and numbers, they can at the very least provide us with a standard for blaster quality. As it stands, posted ranges are based on personal trust as well as dart quality, so if we standardized a universal dart of superior quality, we would at least have a "nominal" range for tested blasters.

On the down side, I personally am so afraid of getting into trouble that I don't even use Stefans most times. I Nerf in public buildings or in crowded parks, and I keep my modded blasters even as close to looking stock as possible to prevent from drawing attention. And, since now my choices of venue are all on or close to military bases, most bystanders would recognize something this close to actual ammo, that puts them completely out for me. I think some of the newer members should go out and google some of the bad press that Nerf has gotten over the years before using these in public, but that's just general advice to anyone starting out in the hobby.

I am still very curious to see them compared to other dart types, though. Regardless of if they become the new ammo standard, they are still a refreshing idea. As a man of science I refuse to discount them before a thorough investigation.

#254678 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 October 2009 - 10:29 AM in General Nerf

First of all I want to say that I see where Messiah is going with this. I like using military tactics in Nerf, even though nine times out of ten we end up standing 30 feet from each other trading volleys until someone finally hits. Squad tactics are fun, and build trust. Also my group of friends has been training in squad tactics since we were in middle-school, and you'd be surprised how hard it is to teach most people to bound.

#254684 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 October 2009 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

Changed my post since you were the first response. I don't want this to become a flame-war, I just wanted the truth. Also, I didn't "phish", the link to your myspace was in your NH profile. Aside from that, I agree with what you're doing, and here's my argument for your side;

Nerf is about fun. Nobody will deny this. The person who goes to a NIC function with nothing but winning in mind can ruin the whole event. That being said, for some people, squad style tactics are fun. And, like I said, they build teamwork and trust. With my Nerf team (all of whom lurk here, but only I post), we use SEAL tactics with a specialized four-man team. We wear BDUs for uniformity and for stability of attire, but we wear black BDUs on account of the rarely seen jungle environment of NERF (and the blazin-orange tips tend to give you away in a stealth situation).

But we will very often ignore what a trained soldier would call "protocol" to do something awesome. We call one of these moves a "Max Payne". My favorite is running straight at enemies during an indoor war, and right when I get inside their range (usually 20-30 ft for Nerf Guns) I drop to a slide on my knees. The idea here is that they fire over me and I tag them as I slide to a stop. It's always awesome, and even sometimes works.

Something in here is what you were going for, right?

#51709 Hey Are Threre Any Hot Babes On This Site?

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:36 AM in Off Topic

hey are threre any hot babes on this site? please send photos

Yes, PM me if you want to cyber.

hah. OK, maybe I'm just dumb, but when people post I actually imagine their personal pics saying what they type, and that was just creepy.

#64562 Youre Computer Specs

Posted by pinhead52 on 29 September 2005 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

Damnit ompa, I don't even have the worst computer! Oh well.

P3... there are other numbers here, but nobody cares.
512 Mb ram

...that's all I know. Big monitor though. Pretty colors.

#74435 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 February 2006 - 07:33 PM in General Nerf

I would have my maverick, a t-shirt and jeans, one shoe, and two fewer darts than I had opponents. Then, I would win.

#61029 Firefly Released!

Posted by pinhead52 on 03 August 2005 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

Thank god it is FINALLY hitting the midwest. I can hope to see it sometime soon then...

#306451 Please Stop the Insanity

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 October 2011 - 10:46 AM in Site Feedback

It doesn't have to be a technical solution. Don't we already make people send an e-mail or something to apply for membership? We could just include a little quiz as part of that; a few questions about the code of conduct, maybe grammar, on the page where you send the message. I think it would work more as a filter if it's something that newcomers would have the ability to skip anyway, that way before they are even an FNG their attention to detail has been tested.

The only downside is that it will mean more time Langley has to spend reading frustratingly poor writing, but he already knows this.

#61632 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 August 2005 - 12:44 PM in News

Yeah, you had me too. I saw the "server down", but wasn't sure if I was just being banned for general worthlessness... until I realized that the mods here actually have sense. I've been hitting boards like the PA forum where there are so many people they'll ban you for joining a conversation where you're not invited.

#72702 Warhammer

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 February 2006 - 03:23 AM in Off Topic

I never played, but that's because I could never afford a big enough army. I loved painting though. I also liked reading about the armies, since I always hoped to be able to actually play. I had Ultramarines (I know, very noob of me). I find it funny that you played both space marines and Tyranid. The two opposite ends of the spectrum as far as organization and point distrobution. With Tyranids you can get hundreds of low point pieces and swarm your enemy, which happened to me the few times I played with friends.

Still have my Marneus piece. Worthless in game, but the theory for his weapons is so very awesome.

#77888 Farmageddon Planning Thread

Posted by pinhead52 on 28 March 2006 - 03:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going to be able to attend Armageddon because I happen to be right in the dead-set nowhere of Kansas. I'll do what I can to come to Farmageddon though, if only to encourage more midwest Nerf Outs. You can count me almost definitely in.

#312402 Eye Protection Is Key

Posted by pinhead52 on 04 March 2012 - 09:52 AM in General Nerf

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Paintball goggles. They are designed for comfort, long hours of running around, limited peripheral vision obstruction, and the anti-fog lenses are easy to come by.

#50423 Park Regulations

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 March 2005 - 03:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, no camo. Ever since 911 it's no good. We used to run around in a park at night in camo pretending we were doing "black ops". After 911 someone saw us and the next week there was a blurb in a local newspaper about "nighttime terrorist training activities" in local parks. Just FYI.

#49152 Park Regulations

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 March 2005 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I paintball and airsoft, and one of the biggest reasons I got into nerf is because they're toys to the general public, and we can play in parks and playgrounds and stuff. With airsoft people think they're real guns, and there's just so much bad publicity around paintball to even consider it. I say just use stock darts and they'll just feel stupid saying anything, at least that's my plan.