Photo

First Gun?

70 replies to this topic

#1 nerfrocks BANNED

nerfrocks BANNED

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

what was your first gun and how did you get in to nerfing?

#2 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:53 AM

Wildfire; My brothers

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:00 AM

Night-finder, Assassin gaming.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

Bow'N'Arrow, trying to hit those high school assholes running past my house from my treehouse.

~ompa

#5 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:28 PM

what was your first gun and how did you get in to nerfing?

The Nerf Blast-a-Ball, back in '89. My parents got one for each of my brothers and me. I was immediately hooked.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#6 w0lf

w0lf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

Lightnin'n Blitz.

#7 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

A Sm 5k, sm 750, and sm 1.5k were all my first guns. I dont remember which one I got first. I got intrested after wars with my friends in the basement and in backyards.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#8 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

Supermaxx 2500: The neighbors down the road had parties occasionally, and all of us kids needed something to do. I nerfed quite a bit before I actually bought the gun...another neighborhood kid had quite a large arsenal, from which I used the Ratchet Blast, Eagle Eye, and Bow 'n Arrow.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#9 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:59 PM

Trusty Ball Blaster, Bought out of boredom to shoot my brother, despite my parent's wishes. For some reason they were against gun toys that shot things...that soon changed, thankfully.
"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#10 drumsrock92

drumsrock92

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

AT2K My friends got me into it and I thought it was pretty sweet
!!~RoCK oN~!!

#11 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:06 PM

First gun ever was the SSII. I didn't really get into nerfing (modding and whatnot, still don't actually go out and shoot people very often) until I got the Mav.

#12 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

First gun that got me into NERF was my brothers autogrip. I loved the way it flipped into my hand.

#13 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

N-Strike Unity Power System (Also had a Blast-A-Matic lying around that I never knew about. I was looking for an alternative to paintball and airsoft and after hearing about modding them which influenced me even more, I'm here in NH to learn about this stuff and I've learned a lot and I'll probably be doing some real HEAVY mods to my new NF and Switch Shots :lol: Never got a real chance to get my hands on brass or PVC

Edited by SG Pilot, 28 December 2005 - 10:53 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#14 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:20 AM

First gun I ever had was a monoshot, never modded it though as it was a long time ago. When CaMbLaM got me into modding, first gun I picked up was a NF, and a LBB not long after.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#15 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

My first gun? A SuperMaxx 250. My first gun that I actually used? An AirTech2000, unmodded. That kicked ass when we Nerfed unmoddded.

How did I get into nerfing? Easy. My freinds and I had always been playing some war game, whether it be paintball, water gun skirmishes, nerf...just something. When we began to play Nerf more and more often, I got the brilliant idea to modify my Nite Finder and make it better than everyone else's. I found NerfHaven, and soon all of my clan began modding their guns, and now we are all hardcore Nerfers.

-SInnER-
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#16 ace mx

ace mx

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

Ballzooka, saw one of evil angel's sites and a link to nerf haven.
"fortune favors the bold" -Alixander "the great"

#17 sniperdude

sniperdude

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

night finder....it coudnt pop my brother from out my window, so i serched on google and it brought me here :lol:
----If my toes were made of brocolli i would rule the world----

#18 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:57 PM

Oh, good lord, I feel old.

SG Pilot - born 5 May 1990
w0lf - born 8 July 1990
Enigma1313 - born 5 October 1990
Sinfil - born 19 July 1991
Lukeinator - born 23 April 1992

That's at least five people in this thread alone who weren't even born till after I started Nerfing. Next thing you know, I'll be usin' a walker and callin' my nurse because I need a new pair of Depends.

DEATH

#19 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:02 PM

Oh, good lord, I feel old.

SG Pilot - born 5 May 1990
w0lf - born 8 July 1990
Enigma1313 - born 5 October 1990
Sinfil - born 19 July 1991
Lukeinator - born 23 April 1992

:lol:

Shoot, me too. I suppose my first gun was... man... a Sawtooth? My friend an I lost all the bullets and so we started using them as assult rifles in our imaginary conquests of his backyard. Then we got bbbs, and I've just started playing more when we started wars with mavericks in the dorm at camp.

#20 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

The old Supermaxx750, Nerfhaven

Edited by Chessler, 29 December 2005 - 02:37 PM.

#21 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:22 PM

First gun I owned was a BnA when I was five. The first gun I bought and modded was a Sm5k when I was twelve or thirteen years old. Best damn gun I owned, back in the days when pvc was the dominant barrel material and stefans were not around. I started on nerfonline.

#22 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:19 PM

I shouldn't feel too old, but sometimes I just do...

My first guns were an SS1 and an SM1500. It's kinda coincidental; they're still my favorites, performancewise.

How did I get into Nerf? One of my best memories...it had to be at a friend's birthday party in a 20-person indoor war. We set up barricades and jumped banisters and all that jazz. The Motorized Ballzooka and Wildfire were the most feared guns among us (this was pre-mod era). I remember distinctly that I was the last man alive, facing off against 7 other guys with my Secret Shot. I managed to pick 3 off before I died. Ah, the nostalgia.... :lol: Then I discovered Spoon's Die-Hard Nerfer page, and then Nerf Center, and finally Nerf Online. As NO fell, so did Nerf for me. Luckily, I came across NH a few years afterwards, pulled a Michael Jordan and came back. Hopefully I'll be around some Nerfers at school next year, so I can keep it up.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#23 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

Death, look at it this way. They may be younger than you, but you could probably take all 5 of them on at once and still come out on top. Experience is greater than youth my friend.

To answer the topic, the first nerf gun is was given was a bow 'n arrow. The first gun I really bought for this crazy hobby was an SS2 (when you could still find them in stores).
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#24 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:27 PM

My first nerf gun was those nerf swords... not really a gun, but soon afterwards I got the ultimate nerf gun of all time: the Bow-n-Arrow!

Does anyone remember those sweet BnA commercials when teh little kids got attacked by like ninjas and stuff and fended tehm off with their Nerf weaponry? Or am i hallucinating?

Eithery way even though I'm a bit younger than Death, I still feel old.

Anyways I didn't start nerfing in the organized/modified sense until mid high school, and my first modded guns were a pair of lock-n-loads.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#25 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

My first nerf gun was those nerf swords... not really a gun, but soon afterwards I got the ultimate nerf gun of all time: the Bow-n-Arrow!

Does anyone remember those sweet BnA commercials when teh little kids got attacked by like ninjas and stuff and fended tehm off with their Nerf weaponry? Or am i hallucinating?

Eithery way even though I'm a bit younger than Death, I still feel old.

Anyways I didn't start nerfing in the organized/modified sense until mid high school, and my first modded guns were a pair of lock-n-loads.

Hahaha, I used to LOVE those Nerf swords. The Wave and I would duel each other all the freakin' time with those things.

And I definitely remember the Bow n' Arrow commercials. Good shit, right there.

Slightly off-topic, my older brother is an Annapolis alumnus. What year are you? I remember seein' the Halloween thread from a while back and thinking to myself, "Holy shit-- Batman's in a Bancroft Hall dorm room!"

DEATH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users