MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 30-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54880 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

It appears there is a little clearish something at the bottom of the tube. Great. I tried to vacuum it out, but it won't budge. It appears to be a little tiny piece of hot glue, from when I removed the stupid Stefan.

#54752 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

I need help with my Dremel. I am trying to use a cut-off wheel, but I don't know how to attach it. There needs to be something that the wheel fits over, but I don't know what it is.

#54720 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I want to put 1/2" SCH 40 PVC barrels on my AT2K. There has to be a way to make them fit. How can I do this?

#53911 Video Compressors/editors/hosts

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 12:17 PM in Off Topic

Does anybody know where I can get a free video compressor and/or editor? Also, where can I get a video hosted? Thanks!

#55030 Help With Creating A Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

I would like to make a website, and was wondering where to get started. There's so many things to consider; which host to use, (and no I won't use any of that Tripod or Geocities crap) what what coding languages to use, etc. etc.

Possible Hosts (Suggestions welcome)
Hostultra
Doteasy
Web1000

What language should I put it in? HTML? Where can I learn how whatever language I should use?

I will hopefully be attending a two-week class over the summer about Photoshop or 3D Modeling & Animation (I don't know which, or if I'll even get to do it at all) if that helps anything. I don't own Photoshop or any modeling programs though.

Oh, and everything has to be free.

#42844 Worth It?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 November 2004 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

You could take a spare NF and use a NF plunger... they're only 6 bucks...

#54829 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 May 2005 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

For spring guns, you want a tight fit, but not too tight that the darts don't come out. For pump guns, you want a loose fit, but no so loose that the darts fall out when you run.

#50324 Video Card Issues

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 March 2005 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

I haven't updated my video card drivers in forever (I'm not joking, I have never updated them). I didn't buy my computer, my parents did. Well, there's a sticker that gives you information about the computer on the tower thing. It says the RAM, hard drive capacity, video card, etc. Well, when my dad bought the computer, he got a better video card for it. The only problem is, he doesn't know what he bought! And neither do I, so I have no way of updating the drivers. How can I find out what video card is currently in my computer?

#54965 For The Spelling Impaired

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Fagmunch isn't a word.

#52925 Xbows?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

Barrel mod is pretty easy, and mine is modded to shoot mega stefans, but if you put some brass in the PVC it would instantly shoot minis.

I expected better from such a respectable person as you! The correct terminology is "micros."

The Crossbow shoots megas and arrows. Here are some dart barrel materials:

What kinds of barrels fit arrows?
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit mega Stefans?
SCH 40 PVC 1/2"
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit Micro Stefans?
1/2" SCH 80 PVC
9/16" or 17/32" K&S Brass
1/2" CPVC
9/16" PETG

What kinds of barrels fit Nano Stefans?
7/16" K&S Brass
3/8 PEX Pipe

#55592 You'll All Find This Quite Interesting

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 May 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

So here's my glass raised to the Stock Class Paintball forums, for not being a-holes!

Trust me, it's ONLY stock class. I would expect that they would appreciate Nerf, since Nerf is a lot like stock class. But it's nothing like speedball, and 99% of all tourney players are a-holes. Most woodsballers are pretty nice, but stock class moreso, but I know a lot of woodsballers play stock too.

#52033 Question About Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Isn't it something like, a barrel for mega Stefans (AT2K/SM1500 pump tubes, SCH 40 PVC, etc.) fits stock micros? And aren't you supposed to wrap the tip in electrical tape or something, so it slides through easier?

#55349 Guess That Gun.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 May 2005 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I think you're describing the Triple Strike.

Posted Image

#57206 Veggie

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

Happy belated birthday Veggie, and good luck in the Navy. Don't get hurt :( and stay cool ^_^.

#55989 Homemade Rf20 Turret?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

That sounds awesome.

If you can pull it off well, I'll ride my bicycle all the way down to California, hug you, then ride all the way back. Oh and I'd steal some too :blush:

#51335 Getting It To Say I've Read A Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 April 2005 - 02:08 AM in Site Feedback

If you click View New Posts, there is a thing that says to mark all topics unread and return to the index. I just open all the topics I want to read in my tabs, then click that in my open tab and close that tab, then I can read all the topics and it thinks I've read them all.

#49322 Happy Birthday

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 March 2005 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You smell like a monkey
And ya' look like one too!

Oh crap, those are the wrong lines! I mean...

Happy birthday.

Yeah, we'll just leave it at that.

#60222 So What Exactly Do I Need For Modding?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 26 July 2005 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

SCH40 is a type of PVC pipe, it's for mega Stefans, while PETG and brass on the other hand are for micro Stefans.

A Dremel is useful but other things can substitute.

#55240 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I'm trying to make a website and can't think of a good name. These were all suggested to me and sound good.

#55245 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 May 2005 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Okay, I got the book XHTML For Dummies from the library, and it is CONFUSING.

cx, you know a lot about making a website, can you help me?

#47241 Happy Birthday

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 February 2005 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday dude! I don't know whether to feel bad for you or glad for you that your b-day is on Valentine's Day... :lol:

#55820 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

Okay, something is definitely wrong with my Splitfire. I just tried it with SuperMAXX darts, and the first dart fired perfectly, the second one went about 2 feet. Three times in a row it did this.

Edit: Shit dude you plugged the pump!?! Dude you didn't tell me that. I pump it four times and the fifth pump sounds weird, and like the seventh sounds REALLY weird.

#55816 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I received an unmodded Splitfire from flamebo a couple days ago. I noticed that one barrel was shooting harder than the other. This was with stock megas. I twisted out the pegs and tried mega Stefans and stock megas again. Same thing.

Do Splitfires normally do this? Also, it's madly inaccurate. I would blame that on the poor quality of my Stefans, but it's with both Stefans and stock megas.

I'm going to PVC it and see if it helps.

Edit:

The barrel on the left (transparent side, second shot) shoots farther than the barrel on the right (solid side, first shot) if that helps.

#54937 Nitefinder Question

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

I think he means he made it so all is left is the outer ring, but don't do that because then the plunger has nothing to stop on, and it could lead to the death of your gun over time.

Edit: He beat me to it.

#46091 New Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 January 2005 - 07:27 PM in Off Topic

I like how you did your reviews with the graphs and all that, though I'm not much of a fan of reviews. Everything is scitter-scatter, in both IE and Firefox, you might want to try fixing that.

#49823 Second Homemade

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 March 2005 - 07:31 PM in Homemades

Wow, that's awesome! Do you have any ranges? Also, when you say Nerf rocket, what do you mean? Like the Titan missile?

#54943 Straighting Stefans

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 02:59 PM in Homemades

I use megas, and toss 2-foot lengths of 5/8" foam in the dryer on high for about a minute. I only put in 1 piece at a time because I have to stretch the foam afterwards, which I do by just tugging it while it's hot.

#54198 Ebay: Jurassic Park Blaster

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 May 2005 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

A cool case. Think of Lefty's/Southpaw's Uzi2K integration.

#52118 Modify A Secret Shot Pocket Blaster

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Two mods from Lefty of the Merry Men of Michigan.

Barrel Replacement
Tank Enlargement

#54328 Supermaxx 750 Pump Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 May 2005 - 12:40 PM in General Nerf

I got a NIB SM750, old school version. I have yet to modify it or even open it up. Ever since I took it out of the box, it's had this weird pumping problem. I have to pump slowly and steadily, and make sure I pull the pump all the way out, then push it all the way in. Otherwise there will be no resistance in the pump and it will not get air. Sometimes, even when I'm careful, it still gets no resistance. Sometimes when it gets no resistance, I pull it back as normal, then when I push it in, it seems fine. But when I get to the pump cap, the pump snaps back. Sometimes I hear a pop, sometimes not. Sometimes there is air in the tank, sometimes not.

There has to be something wrong, because I talked to PCMadness and CT, and they both said their SM750s don't have this problem. It is quite the annoyance and I want to fix it, but I don't know how.

#54333 Supermaxx 750 Pump Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 May 2005 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

So basically I'm screwed?

#51777 Nf Cosmetic Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 April 2005 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

I already made the laser green, check my first post.

I meant an actual laser.
like not just the LED, but a laser.

Not only do green laser pointers cost $100, they are also class IIIa lasers with a 523 nm wavelength. Green pointers are not just dots, you can see the whole beam for 2 miles, which gives away your position and it can blind somebody. A laser pointer that powerful is highly dangerous if used incorrectly, and should not be pointed at the eyes. Why do you think they used LED's?

By the way, nice Nite Finder! I was never a fan of the rail on top though, nor The Hulk. It looks cool though. Is it just the pictures or is the paintjob really glossy? You should use flat paint, I think it looks better (you may have different tastes though).

#46164 A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 January 2005 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

You can either make special Stefan Larami darts, or you can make your gun shoot farther AND fire regular megas or micros. Take out the air restrictors. That's what making it only possible to shoot SuperMaxxes. Of course, you could do something like this except you could alter it a bit. Instead of using a mega, use 5/8 inch Foam Backer Rod (aka Caulk Saver, Caulk Backing. Usually found in the weather stripping section of Home Depot or similar store) and instead of a suction tip, use a basic Stefan tip. Burn a small hole in the front of your FBR (just enough to hold 2 BB's or 1 fishing weight), drop some glue in, and put your weight in. Then burn the hole in the back like said in that article. You don't have to cover up the hole like he/she did, because there is no hole in FBR.

#51956 Thinkgeek Gun- Something Familiar About This...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 April 2005 - 04:44 PM in Off Topic

This beats your lousy marshmallow shooter.

And so does this this.
:)

Cool find though. I think foam is a better ammunition than a mix between sugar and air. I also think that parents would rather buy their children foam guns than sugar guns because they don't want them to get hyper, but children would probaby want sugar guns more. That is, if they actually knew that marshmallows are mainly sugar and air, but most kids don't know that :).

Sporkboy, that's a kind of funny story. Poor dog though...

#45188 Suggestions

Posted by MattPaintballer on 30 December 2004 - 11:45 PM in General Nerf

He might have meant Sharp Shooter II.

#54432 PVC Or PETG?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 May 2005 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

PVC is for megas, PETG is for micros. I'd say PVC and then if you want to shoot micros, wrap the front and back of the PETG in electrical until it fits in the PVC.

Edit: Oh, and I've never seen a quad-barrel SM750, but that would be just like an SM1500. I've seen a double barrel PETG SM750 though.

#58524 Modified Secret Shot

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Another cool thing you can do is tri-barrel it. Myself, ompa, and a few others are about the only people I've seen who really appreciate this pistol. I personally love it. Sidearms are supposed to have a high RoF for tight situations, why not pack 3 extra shots instead of just 1?

In pistol wars, I like using a Nite Finder and a Secret Shot 1.

TS, I totally agree. That seems to happen to me a lot.

#56589 Close Quarters Battle

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

D. Entering and Clearing. Entering a room is the most dangerous and tactically trying part of cqb. When entering, line your team up on the longest part of the wall next to the door. The man in front is called POINT. Now move one man to the other side of the door. He is called BREECH. Breech will slam door in and POINT will lead the team in. Once in, Point will go to the farthest corner on the same side of the room as he entered. All will follow. Breach will pick up rear, facing away to make sure they don’t get trapped from behind. The team splits and each clears a corner of the room. They only clear THEIR corner. All have the responsibility of center.

That only works if the enemies stay in the center, which they won't, trust me.

Good article though.

#45248 Wtf

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

Does anybody know how DANGEROUS it is to use a paintball marker to shoot projectiles other than paintballs? Paintball markers fire paintballs at about 300 feet per second, which turns out to be 204.54545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454 (you get the point) miles per hour. That is why we use paintball-specific masks; they protect our eyes from these sort of projectiles. You can only imagine how fast a paintball marker would project a Nerf dart.

Speaking of paintball/dart speed, has anybody ever chronographed a stock gun, and then chronographed a modded version of that gun? For example, shoot a stock X-bow over the chrono and record its speed, then shoot a highly modified one over the chrono and record its speed. If only I had a chrono and an X-Bow...

Arcanis, ALWAYS glue your weights in. Do you know how dangerous it is if your weight comes out upon impact?

#64014 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:57 PM in Homemades

I was just looking at the Zero Breech thing under Homemades here on the Haven, and I started thinking. With that breech, you pull the 1/2" barrel out a bit, drop a dart in, and push the barrel back in. Well since PVC isn't extremely thing like brass or PETG, wouldn't the dart have a bit of trouble getting into the 1/2"?

So I was wondering if this would work: Do the same thing, but cut a hole in the 1/2" PVC too. Line up the holes and drop a dart in, then twist the 1/2" PVC. Would this work better or worse than the Zero breech, or not at all?