pinz321's Content

There have been 61 items by pinz321 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#244066 An Idea For Automatic Longshot.

Posted by pinz321 on 26 July 2009 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

After time looking at stock long-shots I wanted something that has never been done, an automatic long-shot.

I would try this mod my self but I have no experience at long-shot modification. The concept relies on two possible ways of cocking it, and one way of simply holding down the trigger to shoot.

First, lets go through the Cocking methods, shall we?

1. Using a Motor and a swivel, that are powered by a well-placed momentary switch (connected to a battery of course) behind the trigger's motion area, we activate the motor and swivel, that should provide a well timed speed and force to cock the gun automatically without having multiple darts shoot out like a shotgun.

2. Using the motor/swivel/momentary switch thing, we can make it so that there's one more thing that completes the circuit. That thing being a receiving IR (for the electronics newbies, IR=Infra-red) LED and a emitting IR LED at the sides of the muzzle of the longshot, so that when the dart fires, the dart blocks the LEDs, activates the circuit and cocks the gun (rinse, repeat and enjoy).

Now lets cover the trigger part.

The mod until now isn't considered automatic since you would have to press the trigger again for each shot. So to make it so you don't have to either cock it, or press the trigger multiple times, we have to adapt the firing mechanism to be able to use a thing similar to the Nerf Raider's Slam Shot mode (You press the trigger and just cock the gun to fire). Making it possible to be lazy and just pull the trigger.

And by the way, I know most of these kinds of posts are not well received but I felt the urge for some one to recognize my idea because I'm pretty sure that an experienced modder like CS and Angel could pull it off if my theory is correct.

#244075 An Idea For Automatic Longshot.

Posted by pinz321 on 26 July 2009 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Sorry. Im new to the forums. Let my thread die. I shall learn about the forums a little bit more to avoid being banned.

#245117 Speed Loader Vs. Breech

Posted by pinz321 on 02 August 2009 - 12:52 AM in General Nerf

As renegade said, its personal preference. Also it depends on what type of gun you use. Like with Long guns (as in physical length) such as x-bows, its more comfortable to have the loading method closer to where your hands are actually acting (trigger, priming handle/pump) so that way you don't have to go medieval and load it like an actual crossbow. And with pistols, since their bodies are small, there's not really a way to fit a breech in them, so speed-loaders are ideal.
Big guns, big money-small money, equal cash.

#246853 Which Gun Should I Get.

Posted by pinz321 on 13 August 2009 - 10:22 AM in Modifications

Hey don't post this on the modifications forum, people hate when this type of topics are posted on the Modifications thread. You'll get banned by OMC or someone like that.

P.S. I'm just giving some advice, I really don't feel like backseat moderating so I get banned myself.

#248723 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by pinz321 on 26 August 2009 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Hey man! I did all your mods accept the rubber ring on the bladder and i can't event get passed 30 Ft. with stock darts. I am very dissapointed. F.Y.I. Im using the blue magstrike for it.

Thats a necro. The last post was 3 months ago. Please try not to necro. Don't post on old topics if you don't have anything IMPORTANT to add. I think I've seen posts like this one (mine) at least 139 times. If you have questions ask the author of the write-up by a PM.

#249715 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by pinz321 on 06 September 2009 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

My first Nerf mod (A.K.A- Green Peace Gun (G.P.G for short))

Its being sold to a kid at school by the way, can anyone suggest a price at which I can sell it with all 3 accesories, and 10 stefans?

Nitefinder-
-1/2 CPVC Coupler mod (Gengar style)
-AR Removal
-E-Tape Under O-Ring
-paper-shredder lubricant, works awesome
-Green-Black Paint-job

No Accesories- Best pic for the Paint-Job (which is sloppy)
http://www2.snapfish...9024_1124349024

W/ 2 Barrel Speed Loader

W/ Single barrel

W/ my 4 barrel Speed Loader (I think I'll make a write-up on how to make this, haven't seen much around).

And Jerm, it looks beastly, but I suggest you make a variation of CS's Shot-Gun Fore Grip, so it'll be sturdier than some metal rod.

#249716 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by pinz321 on 06 September 2009 - 01:17 AM in General Nerf

As we all know stream-lines suck some serious ass. I too don't see why would you use stream-lines in an angel breech. But if you really need to be able to use them, just change the sizes of your brass and since streamlines are too long for a breech go beyond the imagined! Just cut them shorter with an crafting knife or something.

#250791 Ertl Pump Action Shotgun Modification

Posted by pinz321 on 18 September 2009 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

[quote name='Salmon' post='250653' date='Sep 16 2009, 08:43 PM']
Oh my god. I freaking love you Coop.
[/quote]Wow. I don't even know what to say...
[/quote]

Sounds familiar... Maybe it has to do something with my first time saying that to a girl; only difference is that coop ain't some chick...Right?

#251446 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by pinz321 on 23 September 2009 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

I was looking at the homemades section and saw accessories for the guns... then I said "Why isn't there as much actual homemade accessories as there used to be?". Then I saw my painter's tape. It popped an idea in my head. To make a uber-cheap-o ammo belt.

Posted Image
So basically, you need the following:
-Wide tape, (preferably duct-tape)
-1/2 CPVC or 1/2 PVC
-Pipe cutters, hacksaw and miter-box, or anything that can get a nice cut.
-Scissors
-Hot glue and Glue gun
-A brain that doesn't include ignorance
-2 working hands

Posted Image

Posted Image
So take your tape, and cut 2 pieces long enough to fit around your waist, and a little more, depending on how much CPVC/PVC you plan on using.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Now take your CPVC/PVC and cut it maybe a 1/2 inch short of the width of your tape. If you are using CPVC, you might want to use a dremel to make the ID a little bit bigger so you can slide your dart in and out.

Posted Image
With that done, you can take your pieces of pipe and lay them down on the tape (as you can see, my cuts were horrible). Leave maybe 1/4-1/2" between each piece so it's somewhat flexible unlike mine.

Posted Image
Afterwards, take your other piece of tape and apply a little hot-glue and lay your piece of tape on top of the other segment as flush with the edges as possible.

Posted Image
The last step is to fold the tape under the piece of pipe so your darts don't fall out.

Posted Image
And you are done! You can personalize yours and unlike me, you can apply more pipe to hold more darts (just remember to leave space between the section and section so your pants' straps for belts are free.) Also, you might want to add some way to make a "buckle" of some sort.

Note: This is my first write-up, and I might have screwed up in someway, so if I did, please tell me, but don't throw me over for it.

#251455 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by pinz321 on 23 September 2009 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

Yeah I know, but its just for a belt. And don't take this as a big insult/flame, your comment supports your username.

#251648 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by pinz321 on 25 September 2009 - 10:05 PM in Homemades

Zack the Mac makes a good point. By the way guys, this was a quick thing to do, so I just went into it carelessly. I'll make a good version of this, and post it.

#251949 Hdxbox-punkpictures

Posted by pinz321 on 28 September 2009 - 10:41 AM in Off Topic

Not much of us know HDXbox but we may recognize her creation the "Effeminate Longshot". Right now that's not my concern. Those of us who do watch her videos and/or her live show, may have noticed and asked ourselves these 2 questions.

1. Why/Who/When did they close her YouTube account?
2. Why doesn't she go Live.

Does anybody have the slightest piece of info. of what happened?
If so, please tell, so that us fans and friends of her know.

PS:This was not only MY idea, but some other kid on youtube (I don't know what his name was, I forget easily.) was wondering, and he hasn't been validated.

#252870 Question Regarding Recon/ Raider

Posted by pinz321 on 07 October 2009 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Uh-oh. This doesn't sounds very healthy. You failed in 3 ways.
1. Bad grammar and spelling.
2. Ignorance; You failed to actually use the search function in the forums, to see that there is already an angel breeched recon.
3. Wrong forum!!!

If I were you, I would apologize (that won't do much anyway), and hope that no mods come here, especially Talio (no offense Talio, you're cool, but you're a nightmare to us noobs).
Remember to search a lot before you post this kind of questions.
Save yourself and while you can, read the CoC, it saved me from some dirty shit.

#254136 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by pinz321 on 20 October 2009 - 08:50 PM in Homemades

Actually SirTofu, I used this in a micro war with my friends (I always win because I'm the only one modding guns :P ) And it proved very helpful.

Also, I considered using my pockets, but since I normally wear jeans and skinny pants, I thought they would crumple in my pocket, and I would have to stand up to reach for it comfortably (I need to stand up to get stuff in my pockets for some reason)

#254137 Nf Coupler Problems

Posted by pinz321 on 20 October 2009 - 09:00 PM in General Nerf

Ok, so I re-barreled my old NF's Gengar style coupler, into the "No dead-space coupler mod", and noticed a pretty bad difference in ranges.

What I improved other than the coupler mod was that I added an extra spring, weaker than a maverick spring, same diameter as it, and the same length as a NF spring. I replaced the E-Tape with hot-glue because I couldn't find my E-Tape. I did notice that I may have placed the coupler of center, because I didn't see where to start E-taping the coupler and how far back to place it in the plunger tube.

The ranges went down by 10-15 ft.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The spring I added is the one in the middle.

I'm using 4 inch barrels, which worked in its last version, and are not working very well here.

#254225 Cheap-o Homemade Ammo Belt

Posted by pinz321 on 21 October 2009 - 03:58 PM in Homemades

jmwasko, That is a very good suggestion, seeing as I could probably make a holster around the same concept (although of course I will need stronger materials for it) but belt or no belt there should be space between each ammo holder, so they do not end up being a sort of tablet on you waist rather than them being according to your shape.

#255318 New Dart Concept

Posted by pinz321 on 04 November 2009 - 08:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

Seems simple. I'm guessing here, but I think that a good way to get consistency is either to make a mold or in the mid-point of the drying of the hot glue, you shape it with your fingers or something. I'm leaning towards the mold.

#255324 Double Shot - 90-degree Drop, Sawed-off, Rear-cocking, Wicked Paint-jo

Posted by pinz321 on 04 November 2009 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

Good god. Sexiest working/looking Double Shot ever. Definitely doing this next time I get my hands on a DS.

Pretty sure it'll get 40 flat. But also consider the next 2 things
  • It has no spring addition/replacement
  • It has no air-seal improvement
  • Uses no stefans
  • And finally, there's no barrel/shell improvement (other than the Pegs in the shells)
With those finishing touches, I think you could make it shoot 60 ft, maybe even 70'.

#255331 Double Shot - 90-degree Drop, Sawed-off, Rear-cocking, Wicked Paint-jo

Posted by pinz321 on 04 November 2009 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Oh. I was Un-Aware of that. But still, using stefans and barrel improvement could make the ranges go to around 50'-60'.

Also, if anyone can post the diameter of the plunger tubes (both inner and outer) to see if I can fix that no-spring-mods without-fucking-your-gun-up problem.

#255902 Recon Cs-6 And Ertl Rapid Fire Shot Gun Mod

Posted by pinz321 on 10 November 2009 - 05:53 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure about this, but isn't there a HUGE amount of dead-space there?

#257717 Question About Cxwq

Posted by pinz321 on 01 December 2009 - 05:45 PM in Off Topic

I was recently was looking at old topics, and saw a cxwq post, and saw he was number 1 member realizing he is the founder. So I decided to do some research and saw that the last time he was active was 2008. I searched to see if there was a topic talking about this, and had no good results.

So just out of curiosity, I want to know.

What happened to him? Shouldn't the creator of the site be active?

Please respond.

#259299 +bow Mod

Posted by pinz321 on 18 December 2009 - 08:26 AM in Homemades

I like the idea. The problem is if will shorten the gun's life. That's my two cents. and just a final, wise quote from some wise (crazy) men:

What ever is worth doing, is worth over doing.

#259517 Nevermind

Posted by pinz321 on 21 December 2009 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

The box says "The longest nerf blaster ever" Which should mean it's bigger than the LongShot. Oh boy. This is just 1 more reason for us to think that this isn't a recon/raider re-shell. I'll definitely get this ASAP.

#259673 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by pinz321 on 23 December 2009 - 08:49 PM in Homemades

Seriously, I just don't know why nobody has thought of this: Just put the damned soda bottle inside, the PVC. No pressure in the PVC, so the PVC is your "guard" so when the tank does explode, you are unharmed. Seriously. And as I think someone said previously, why do you want to make one if they're pretty much banned everywhere?

#259748 Can Your Recon Do This?

Posted by pinz321 on 25 December 2009 - 01:50 PM in Off Topic

It's just a rather modern and useless cluster-fucked recon. But it seems fun.

#259946 Cfnf #2 **central Florida Nerf Fest**

Posted by pinz321 on 28 December 2009 - 09:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Dude with this much awesome people coming, I can't find my self not going.

#259966 Buzzbee Big Blast Mod

Posted by pinz321 on 28 December 2009 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

What the fuck is this? This isn't twitter dumbass..

#261170 Cfnf #2 **central Florida Nerf Fest**

Posted by pinz321 on 08 January 2010 - 09:53 AM in Nerf Wars

damn, i live in miami/palm beach area. ahh well.

Splat, it's way worth the 4-6 hour drive. I live in weston (near sawgrass mall) and I went to RFC which is in the same location as this. Try to make it dude. It's gonna be fun as hell.

P.S You're the 3rd South Florida nerfer I know, meaning we just might be able to host a war all the way down here.

#261635 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by pinz321 on 12 January 2010 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

Honestly, I don't see why the fuck everyone is trying so hard to explain this. §niping to nerf is like spilling is to bananas. Have you ever spilled a fucking banana? No. (If you have, you're a fucking moron).

Has anyone ever §niped someone with a nerf gun? No. Get it, learn it, study it.

If you want to §nipe people with toy guns, play airsoft.

#261781 Homemade Pump Handle?

Posted by pinz321 on 14 January 2010 - 07:42 AM in Modifications

Cut the tip that has the O-ring off and epoxy it on to CPVC or PVC. Easy fix. If you mean the actual tip of the plunger shaft, just use a bit of PVC.

#262131 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by pinz321 on 17 January 2010 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

Hmm, lets see, in the according 2000 census, 2010 was to have 72.2 million children in general, a large portion being 8-11 and 13-17. We– The approx. NIC are around 27,000 people of all ages, if we are assuming that we are all active members. Though I am a 7th grader, my math says that the NIC is 0.03% of the children of United States; considering the fact that not every single child in america buys nerf products, we are really looking at a cipher of around 0.07% of the people that nerf are from the NIC. Now, that last number may not be accurate, but its a lot closer than most of you expected. Even if we got 1 million kids to not buy ANY of the newer guns, we would still be 1%. We can't fight it. If you want good guns, run a company your self.

I rest my case.

#262245 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by pinz321 on 18 January 2010 - 09:45 AM in Modifications

Ahh, good ol' Nitefinder, all cute and cuddly...
Posted Image
for now...
Posted Image
Hehehehe.

And the Pull action shotgun.
Posted Image
It's what I call finished, which means it works in a war, but I'm still missing a stock, some paint, and some strength so I can put a LS spring in it without taking me 1 minute to prime.

Posted Image
With a 7" CPVC barrel "nested" into 1/2" thinwall PVC

Posted Image
Back

Posted Image
Front

#262476 Barreling Material

Posted by pinz321 on 20 January 2010 - 06:44 AM in Modifications

Dude, HOTH, you do know that they were joking right?

#262906 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by pinz321 on 24 January 2010 - 07:19 AM in Modifications

I vote for the last one. Purple is fun.

#263888 Nitefinder Vs. Laser Finder

Posted by pinz321 on 31 January 2010 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

I might be trippin' balls here, but isn't SDL hasbro owned? The patents for the nitefinders are still in function (as far as I know) so if SDL is a separate company they would've been sued for their asses by now. I mean look, the same style logo's, fonts, images and graphics. Pretty much the same damn shell, except they have a slightly different molding or the light/laser housing.

#264260 Nitefinder Vs. Laser Finder

Posted by pinz321 on 03 February 2010 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

The cover of the Laser Finder in similar to the Nitefinder. SDL must be owned by hasbro or else none of this would make sense.

Faddle, if you actually read the thread, you would see I said the exact same thing. Hage-ka.

#265719 Blaster Classification/rating System

Posted by pinz321 on 17 February 2010 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

Cool. As well as slingshot darts, this'll take a long time to be adapted into nerf. Only problem is it can be sort of annoying due to it being so technical.

#265845 Supermaxx 750 Write-up/improvements

Posted by pinz321 on 18 February 2010 - 07:30 AM in Modifications

Holy tits. This's his first post!
Excellent first post, great write-up too. I just wish my goodwill had nerf guns.

#266351 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by pinz321 on 21 February 2010 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Un-screw it, and dip in boiling water for 10-20 seconds. Your welcome.

#266486 Recon Charging Handle

Posted by pinz321 on 22 February 2010 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

This can make the bolt-sled snap easier due to concentrating the stress on one side of it, instead of distributing it throughout. I think you should have put the charging handle in/on the bolt-nub, where there's the pin that holds the bolt-sled and the bolt (barrel thing) together. Also, you could cut the tactical rail off the original slide, throw the slide away, and glue the rail on the top of the gun.