Nf Coupler Problems

Please excuse my mental ineffiency.

2 replies to this topic

#1 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Ok, so I re-barreled my old NF's Gengar style coupler, into the "No dead-space coupler mod", and noticed a pretty bad difference in ranges.

What I improved other than the coupler mod was that I added an extra spring, weaker than a maverick spring, same diameter as it, and the same length as a NF spring. I replaced the E-Tape with hot-glue because I couldn't find my E-Tape. I did notice that I may have placed the coupler of center, because I didn't see where to start E-taping the coupler and how far back to place it in the plunger tube.

The ranges went down by 10-15 ft.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The spring I added is the one in the middle.

I'm using 4 inch barrels, which worked in its last version, and are not working very well here.

Edited by pinz321, 20 October 2009 - 09:02 PM.

Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#2 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

How far down is the coupler in the plunger tube? If its to far down the plunger head could be prematurely hitting reducing its range also how is the seal on everything? O-ring, coupler, anything did you also lube everything well. All these things can be cutting down your range significantly.

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

Shit, is that coupler not cut down at all? You just removed a bit more than an inch of stroke, buddy. Even if that was half a coupler, you still lost about a 1/3" - 1/2" of stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users