MindWarrior's Content

There have been 105 items by MindWarrior (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#265957 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 February 2010 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Since he's measuring the distance standing up, the ranges are probably a little bit larger compared to if we used a tape measure flat on the ground. Imagine a right triangle, he's measuring the hypotenuse (Line BC on the diagram below), while we're measuring one of the sides (Line AB), Its gonna be a bit longer.
Posted Image
Also, its a foam ROCKET. Not a dart, it can sail through the air like a BBB arrow, which helps give it better ranges, and the added weight from the etape should help a bit too.

#265989 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by MindWarrior on 19 February 2010 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

Range finders provide many variables themselves. The height of the person will affect the range recorded by the laser. Unless we use trigonometry, tape measures will usually provide more consistent results for a cheaper price. I'm not saying range finders are bad to use, but then people should realize that ranges should be a bit higher than with regular methods. But ranges are not always important.
Bah, I forgot to compliment you on your mod, nice work!

#268172 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Have you tried amazon?
Zap a gap

#274220 Where Are Nerf Guns Going?

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 May 2010 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

"Theres still Lanard"

#289978 Underground

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 December 2010 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Usually, Nerf wars are scheduled at least a month ahead of time, this allows people to free up their schedules, make darts and bring whatever they're brining in working condition. Just my two cents.

#265294 The Tornadobow

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 February 2010 - 10:37 PM in Homemades

Have you ever shot the coupler plug? Not at anybody hopefully =P.

#274128 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 May 2010 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

Nothing short of amazing...

#279423 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

不够公平, But would you use a bike pump? You might get more efficiency from that.

#279517 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 July 2010 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

A singled magstrike compleatly defeats the purpose of the magstrike, regardless of what ranges you're getting. You should at least put a hopper clip on it. But other than that, cool stuff.

He designed it to be clip fed, but due to lack of proper equipment he has outside of his school, he cannot build one.

#279427 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

Yeah, google translator can only do so much. I can't wait to see this finished though, you can probably get 5-8 more shots with the new efficient breech.

#279412 The Mirage

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

很高兴看到Nerfhaven另一位华人! I still had to use google translator on that :P . That thing looks awesome. A couple questions though, How many Pumps does it take to fill the bladder? Are you planning on hooking upo a compressor to it?

#266210 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 February 2010 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Why don't you just use a PVC pipe as a kind of skeletin inside the shell, Then I suggest using metal reinforce epoxy. That should make it STRONG. OR use aluminum plating, that stuff won't tear from stress as easily than that old plastic.

#272640 The At2k Turret "gear"

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 April 2010 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Just curious to know if there's actually an "Industrial"(Meaning that I can find it in a hardware store/site) version of that gear inside the AT2k Turret.
Pics (taken from RyanMc#s rearloading AT2K Thread:
Posted Image
Its the center gear between the barrel stubs with a wavy-like pattern.

#278000 The Ak-47 Equivalent?

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 June 2010 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

We'll, the U3 claim their hopper'd hamps have ranges up to 100 feet, and those are the basic models. Hamps are cheap to make, very easy to make and ROF is ridiculously good for its range and price.One pump can send 2-3 darts down at your target

#264886 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by MindWarrior on 09 February 2010 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

I can see the tetra strike as a great blaster for integrations, its tanks are only slightly smaller than an at2k's, and building up on this mod, you can have a mini, and easier to use marvelous salvo setup with ranges potentially in the low 80s.

#279338 Superlative Plunger Head Problem

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 02:26 AM in Homemades

Heres an Idea. you can add two small metal rods( probably cut from nails) and add it to the epoxy ramp, this makes a nice little well within the plunger head on the epoxy ramp and since its metal, will not wear. Since the plunger rod is attached to a t-coupler and by the way you prime the blaster, it'll always face the two metal rods, just my two cents on the problem.

#267872 Straw <-dart Possibility?

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 March 2010 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Air flow, it restricts the airflow.

#278193 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by MindWarrior on 21 June 2010 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

So thats what meant on the IRC. That things pretty amazing. And for reload time, this things a secondary, no need to use it for more than the 4 shots provided unless your primary craps.

#264517 Sonic Bazooka, Micros And Megas

Posted by MindWarrior on 06 February 2010 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you plug the pump?

#273595 So Yeah

Posted by MindWarrior on 28 April 2010 - 03:28 AM in Off Topic

If we had kept it up longer, maybe we could've increase the traffic on this site :P .

#286665 Snapbow Mk. V, Revised

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 October 2010 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

What brand of epoxy putty do you use?

#286750 Snapbow Mk. V, Revised

Posted by MindWarrior on 10 October 2010 - 12:30 PM in Homemades

It should, I've been using that stuff as lubricants for a long time, and its very effective. And theres no harm in any of the washers its used on.

#267820 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 March 2010 - 02:57 PM in Homemades

How much does this cost, and how much more does it cost to make a more?

#268300 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 12:12 AM in Homemades

Adding another 1 1/4" rubber washer should prevent folding, also, drilling holes at the end of the plunger shaft allows air to come in behind the Plunger rod to prevent vacuuming behind it. Hope that helps.

#268187 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

Holy crap, That is cool, simple and cheap to add, are you planning on using the intergration brackets for anything in particular?

#268089 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 March 2010 - 11:21 PM in Homemades

Are the ranges comparable to a +bow? I'm guessing withing a 1o ft difference

#268230 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 06 March 2010 - 10:26 AM in Homemades

I think he just used hotglue and goop like he did for the stock.

#266343 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 21 February 2010 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

@AgentMoe64: Thanks!

@flipoffacliff: Good Idea.

#266262 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 21 February 2010 - 12:06 AM in Homemades

My blade is virtually the same as the blade from a box cutter. But thanks!

#266260 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 February 2010 - 11:55 PM in Homemades

Dart cutting by hand to me, is VERY tedious and I can never get a decent enough cut for a nice stefan. So I made a simple dart Mitre box to help my cuts, and it makes my blanks VERY straight.

Materials
From the following picture:
Posted Image
You'll need:
1. A glue gun
2. Some flat, hard, plate or surface, I used a CD case
3. A box cutter blade
4. Two segments of your airgun barrel material cut to the size you want your darts, make sure that they have straight, right angle cuts. I used Schedule 80 cpvc I had lying around, which has a VERY loose fit on my darts, and cut them to 1.5' and 1' segments. You can easily use OMC petg if you wish.

Construction

STEP 1

First, take your blade and slip it so it goes about 6/8ths in between the two CPVC segments as shown:
Posted Image
With the little bit of CPVC that does not have the blade covering, you can use to allign and straighten the two barrel pieces.

STEP 2

While tightly holding the two pieces of CPVC with your fingers, making sure not to off center the barrels, hot glue the bottom of the CPVC barrels and press it tightly on the plate or surface your using:
Posted Image
Ignore the cuts on the CPVC, I took this picture after I was done. You should waight, 10-15 seconds before letting go, this will let the hotglue expand the distance of the CPVC slightly, allowing very little wiggle room for the blade for a smoother cut. BTW, it LOOKS like theres a lot of space between the blade and barrel stub, but there isn't, I was pretty sloppy using a table saw and got some of the edges off the CPVC, but the barrels are still cut with a perfect 90 degree angle.

STEP 3
Now draw a cutting guide on your CPVC like so:
Posted Image

and use it as a guide for your dremel to get this:
Posted Image

And your done!

How to use:

Its actually pretty simple, just slip the foam through the opening until its flush with one end of your mitre box. The place one finger on each opening, on top of the foam, and lightly stretch it to help straighten the foam. Then, Place your blade on the slit, and cut!
Posted Image
I've learned that minimizing the amount of swipes for each cut should be minimized to two quick swipes to ensure a perfect cut.

At first when I first cut my first batch, they looked slightly off, but after heating my blanks the were or was near perfect. Hope this helps!

#276349 Shot Blast Airtank

Posted by MindWarrior on 29 May 2010 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Another question then, Whats the air capacity of the shot blast compared to the Mega missile's? I have a design that Only the shot blast airtank can do, due to its air opening on the edge of the tank instaed of being centered. Hows the opening, compare to a mega Missile?

#276222 Shot Blast Airtank

Posted by MindWarrior on 28 May 2010 - 02:59 AM in Modifications

Does anybody know if theres any other water gun with an air tank thats has a similar design to a quick blast/super soaker wars air tank but smaller?
Pic taken from Bob's Nerfhq thread:
Posted Image

#276632 Semi-auto Shotgun

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 June 2010 - 01:31 AM in Homemades

One question: How the hell do you hold it? Do you hold it with the Manual plunger over your shoulder, or under it?

#288331 Sellers, Beware Of This Nerf Ebay Scam!

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 November 2010 - 09:56 AM in General Nerf

look at Durka Durka's post above you.

#272082 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 April 2010 - 01:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't make this one, but will there be a summer game?

#268170 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 07:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Bah, its a no no for moi.

#267050 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 26 February 2010 - 04:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Get me down as a maybe.

#268442 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

SO how was it, did I miss anything good?

#268494 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 08 March 2010 - 12:38 PM in Nerf Wars

The April date is during Vaca right? If so, then there's a good chance for me to come.

#277408 Rtp, Pump Action Homemade.

Posted by MindWarrior on 10 June 2010 - 11:03 PM in Homemades

How much would it cost in materials to machine one or two?