hoongfu's Content

There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#303626 Easy custom shirts

Posted by hoongfu on 20 August 2011 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

Great idea! I am going to give this a shot since I have these materials lying around. Also nice reddit rage faces.

#337278 Downtime and Maintenance

Posted by hoongfu on 25 February 2014 - 02:57 PM in News

Thanks for fixing the site Langley!

#347771 I was scammed by Drac?

Posted by hoongfu on 09 July 2015 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

What Aeromech said. Also file a dispute on Paypal.

#300791 Massacre 6 videos.

Posted by hoongfu on 30 June 2011 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Its nice how it is hard to find a dull moment in them. I like how you enhance the video slow motion at the right times. And I like that your videos are more of a highlights of the war rather than a documentary. The best part is when you add text comments for the bloopers.

#363843 Dart foam is cracking, but the heads are not blowing off.... Help plea

Posted by hoongfu on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 AM in Modifications

This isn't a direct answer to your issue, but you can fix your darts by dropping a little bit of super glue in the cracks. That should seal them up. If that doesn't work use clear packaging tape around the area and make sure the tape wraps all the way around and attaches to itself. I've revived many darts using those two techniques.

#340258 2k pump replacement

Posted by hoongfu on 11 July 2014 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

A few days ago I was working on a 2k and i broke the stem off of the pump. I was wondering is anyone new of a good replacement or had one they would be willing to sell?

I have one I can sell you. Whats your zipcode? I'll sell it for $1 and the cost of shipping.

#321464 Nerf Podcast

Posted by hoongfu on 08 September 2012 - 02:16 AM in General Nerf

Koree, Ted, and I got together a few hours ago to put together a podcast. We discussed a variety of topics new and current to the NIC, one of them MANL. There will be a post war recap podcast as well.

Podcast

Enjoy and stick around for the next podcast.

#302869 APOC TOMORROW

Posted by hoongfu on 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there be port-o-potties at the park?

#341552 You can't reply to PMs by Email

Posted by hoongfu on 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM in Site Feedback

So that is how you got all those white hairs?

#311222 Two quick questions about the Buzzbee Big Blast

Posted by hoongfu on 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

I second NerfOMania's suggestion to request a replacement trigger. Andtheherois and I have done it and have gotten new triggers relatively quickly and for free.

#349194 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by hoongfu on 19 October 2015 - 03:28 PM in Site Feedback

You are probably the 10000000000th person to ask this. You could probably find a bunch of locked threads regarding this topic. And there is spam cooldown, 30 seconds must pass between posting. Why is the forum to strict? Because the owner(s) and admins wanted it that way. I think this forum isn't strict enough at times. Being strict also cuts down on a lot of spam and impatient, stupid people. If you dig into the archives section or just super old posts you'll see bans being given out left and right. So coming from that era into a period where bans are rarely seen, I'd say its a lot less strict than it used to be. Just lurk, accept the FNG status for a little bit, then enjoy full member privileges. It doesn't take that long.

#331505 Looking for Replacement Parts

Posted by hoongfu on 02 July 2013 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Orange Mod Works' replacement parts are plastic, not steel. If your internals broke, then you might consider a kit from them, but a new blaster would be less expensive. As for your problem with accuracy, the Elite darts may not be able to handle the increased power without spiraling out of control. If you want accuracy in a Nerf blaster, you're going to have to use stefans.

"Our stage 2 kit replaces the original breech and bolt carrier group with our own Orange Breech, aluminum bolt sled, and plunger."

Steel/aluminum, it's close enough.

@ Toast Your best bet is this forum or craigslist for replacement parts. For buzzbee blasters their customer support is excellent and will mail you replacement parts, which ones I'm not sure but I have gotten 2 big blast triggers from them.

As for accuracy you throw that out the window when you use stock darts and stock blasters. Stock clip fed blasters don't have a useful barrel, the breech itself is the barrel. Perhaps the new retaliator breech kit from OMW will help.

#357481 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by hoongfu on 06 January 2017 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

It's still cheap compared to paintball! 

Be sure to drive up for APOC this summer (usually first week of August).  Hopefully joedimarco hosts some Philly wars  or maybe BHaj or Princess Peach will.  Sadly I moved ;_;

#357255 Homemade Crossbow Blaster

Posted by hoongfu on 21 December 2016 - 10:36 AM in Homemades

Look up guides for the AA Bow, it has all the answers to your questions. 

Edit: Here you go http://nerfhaven.com...actually-a-bow/

#313439 Sliding Dart Door

Posted by hoongfu on 23 March 2012 - 09:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

Nice work! Hows the friction when sliding in/out? And is it awkward or is there time spent trying to get the cover back in? When I saw your design I instantly thought of possibly putting a pin in one side and having the door rotate out using the pin as the axis for a more stable/quicker/efficient door.

#319170 Hopper / RSCB Clip

Posted by hoongfu on 25 July 2012 - 08:38 AM in Darts and Barrels

BabyGhandi has hoppered over 30 quadshots (yes thats right, maybe even more now) and I believe he uses a [k26] in them.

#319807 NJW 8.5

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

Clearly the best way to cart around rockets.

I have perfected the way of the rocket.

#319732 NJW 8.5

Posted by hoongfu on 02 August 2012 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

That's not fair you did have Hero and his shopping bag of rockets.

MY Rockets!

Man, I'm in the video and Im on my cellphone trying to figure out how to record on my gopro lol.

#348712 Youth Group Nerf Event

Posted by hoongfu on 10 September 2015 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

I've run several nerf wars in my old church , inside the building.

• Have waivers signed by parents
  • Mandatory eye protection
  • Clear boundaries
  • Clear rules and game types
  • Have a few older people - even older participants help you with keeping kids in line
  • Figure out how to work out darts and such (I bough a ton of darts off Craigslist and ebay, about 1700, and charged the participants $1 each if they wanted to use my darts, otherwise they could bring their own and take their own back because inevitably darts get damaged and lost. I also bought about 50 blasters and loaned them all out, free of charge of course.
  • Get help, getting a ton of kids under control when they are shooting each other, even before the round starts is really rough on your body.

#348316 Crossfire Bow + Blastzooka Integration

Posted by hoongfu on 10 August 2015 - 12:37 PM in Modifications

Great mod and well done on the write up. Hows the air seal as a result of the secret shot-eque select barrel feature?

#332044 Surviving the Apocalypse: Heat Advisory

Posted by hoongfu on 17 July 2013 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

As a cyclist having experienced chafing on a almost monthly basis I would recommend:

That Butt Stuff: Anti-Chafing Cream
Paceline Products Chamois Butt'r Creme
Brave Soldier Friction Zone

And lastly my favorite:
DZ Nuts High Viscosity Chamois Cream

Also for the love of all NERF please wear deodorant or body spray. AXE if you are douchey and you have nothing else, but something, anything, please!

#313505 T.A.M.P.O.N.S.

Posted by hoongfu on 24 March 2012 - 10:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, coming a little late though.

#314462 T.A.M.P.O.N.S.

Posted by hoongfu on 16 April 2012 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

So is anyone going to this? I think Mysterio is cool and all but I'd prefer not to be alone with him for 3 hours. I'm scared to be alone.

#338616 Front Page Update: May

Posted by hoongfu on 02 May 2014 - 12:09 PM in News

I use a $30 rotary tool with a bunch of bits from Costco while Koree uses a $80 Dremel tool. His lasted over 5-7 years I think and mine is going on 3 years. I think it's ok to skimp out on tools that don't necessary interface with the materials directly. But I would say pay some money for the parts that actually touch the materials like a special PVC cutting bit. Koree has one and it goes through pvc like a lightsaber.

#354642 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by hoongfu on 28 June 2016 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

Nice.  Thanks for the recap and sharing. 

#354640 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by hoongfu on 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM in Off Topic

Man I can't tell if that's Mahala F. Atchison or not.  Because its definitely not Swimming River....    If only I had spent more time riding my bike around the neighborhood a bit more I would have run into you all.  If only I had talked to the Horsemen playing at Swimming River that one time.   If only. 

#349720 War footage

Posted by hoongfu on 28 November 2015 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

https://www.youtube.com/user/hoongfu/videos Raw footage mostly. 

#335663 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by hoongfu on 26 November 2013 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you and may peace be with you.

I hope I get a piece of you too.

Sorry I won't be able to make it either. Too busy hanging out with Ice9 where the weather is warm.

#340567 Front Page Update: Mid-Summer

Posted by hoongfu on 20 July 2014 - 03:26 PM in News

Having been shot near point blank and point blank and ending up with nasty bruising courtesy of the recently deceased, may Gears live forever, long live the king, I find barrel taps quite lovely. Also because I normally flank hard and get behind people. I have also dished out quite a bit of damage to people like Shandsgator8 (wrecked both of his elbows in the same war from 2 ft away) and he requested I just say surrender or 'tap'. I happily obliged. Now I say 'tap/surrender' based on who I'm up against. Last war there were plenty of new players and I chose to play with them mercifully. For people like the deceased, long live the king, I'll light him up!

#320457 How do you browse the forums?

Posted by hoongfu on 14 August 2012 - 04:26 PM in Site Feedback

I have the "View New Content" page pinned as an app tab in Chrome.

#336192 First nerf of the New Year

Posted by hoongfu on 31 December 2013 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Sadly I can't make it either :(

#331522 How to fix torn Magstrike air-bladder

Posted by hoongfu on 03 July 2013 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

I have a good condition magstrike bladder $6 shipped.

Woops didn't see you are in Israel. I can do $3+shipping.

#350600 What was your favorite war experience?

Posted by hoongfu on 08 January 2016 - 03:05 PM in Site Feedback

There are too many experiences to count. 

One of the top ones is definitely at APOC 2013 where I was selected to be one of the few siding with the LGLF and Magenta Mongols and friends against everyone else at APOC.  I believe we had about 8 of us versus 50 or so.  And Langley nerds out with a "I've always wanted to do this" Avengers speech bit.   I wish my camera angle was better but here it is:   https://youtu.be/MBY59Sp_Bgc?t=3m4s

The greatest thing is we ended up winning the deathmatch without losing anyone.  Many great stories were born from this round.  Just ask Koree. 

Pretty much every war (local, invites, & SoCal) I've ever been to has been a memorable, one way or the other.  Post war shenanigans are the best though. 

#320268 Magnetic Holsters for Nitefinders and other small blasters

Posted by hoongfu on 09 August 2012 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

China I mean Ebay also sells square magnets which may prove to be a better magnet because of the perfect alternating fit as opposed to "close enough" fit and the circular magnets are a pain to line up and keep them that way until e-putty is applied. Be patient during the eputty application step because if you rush the magnets might clump together and precious time is wasted meaning the eputty to set in more than you want before the magnets are aligned properly making this very difficult. This happened to the 4 magnet section on my NF.

#320246 Magnetic Holsters for Nitefinders and other small blasters

Posted by hoongfu on 09 August 2012 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

It's the best holster ever! It never falls off if set up properly. I've set it up improperly for 2 wars as for apoc I set it straight and it never failed. The magnets set in alternating order give the holster a perfect release and holstering. And when holstering if you hold the blaster close enough the magnets' attraction is strong enough to pull them together and set the blaster perfectly in the holster. It's the quickest and best no nonsense holster period. Bloody no tampon period.

Btw I'm wearing the black shorts in the picture.

#320284 Magnetic Holsters for Nitefinders and other small blasters

Posted by hoongfu on 10 August 2012 - 09:09 AM in Modifications

I used the hard drive magnets on some blasters a few years ago to allow them to hang from a sheet of steel that I screwed to the wall in my son's room. FYI, Magstrikes just slide all the way to the edge and fall on the floor. Even with three massive (1"x0.5") magnets. I imagine it would be similar on clothing.

You clearly need more magnets! On the serious side did you use 3.5" HD magnets or 2.5" HD magnets (desktop or laptop basically) And modern HD magnets are SUPER weak compared to old school ones.

How far away do you have to keep those from phones/credit cards/etc.?

I normally keep my valuables in the front pockets on my vest.

Protip: A flat surface with little to no slack in the fabric makes a better holster area. The more movement the holster is allowed the less secure the blaster is.

#338444 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, 4/12/14

Posted by hoongfu on 23 April 2014 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

D-D-D-Double posting! (Well, not really).

Album here: http://imgur.com/a/uZkK8#0

Thank you all for coming out. It was a great time.

#338434 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, 4/12/14

Posted by hoongfu on 23 April 2014 - 07:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh haha, I should probably post the pics. I'll do that today.

#337411 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, 4/12/14

Posted by hoongfu on 04 March 2014 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi everyone, the war has been postponed and will be moved to a date where we can get more people :)

#320289 Magnetic Holsters for Nitefinders and other small blasters

Posted by hoongfu on 10 August 2012 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

This would also be really great for HvZ instead of making integrations.

That is a great idea. You could also have custom integrations that are more forgiving if you mess up and can be adapted easier to each mission.

Time to magnetize my jolts and SSPBs!