Why is this wiki so strict?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

I don't know if this has been asked, but I want to know why this wiki is so strict on posting, trading, and in general? Along with that, why is there a post limit, couldn't you just simply have a spam cooldown where it would stop you from spamming? Please give your input if you agree that this wiki is a little strict, and I would like to put out there if I end up being banned for this post, you are just proving my point. (Also please tell me if I am doing anything wrong)
<p>It's nerf or...... every other blaster brand that is better 

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

#2 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

You are probably the 10000000000th person to ask this. You could probably find a bunch of locked threads regarding this topic. And there is spam cooldown, 30 seconds must pass between posting. Why is the forum to strict? Because the owner(s) and admins wanted it that way. I think this forum isn't strict enough at times. Being strict also cuts down on a lot of spam and impatient, stupid people. If you dig into the archives section or just super old posts you'll see bans being given out left and right. So coming from that era into a period where bans are rarely seen, I'd say its a lot less strict than it used to be. Just lurk, accept the FNG status for a little bit, then enjoy full member privileges. It doesn't take that long.

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

What the mods on this forum are trying to do is attempt to make a forum that has intelligent discussion, and limited discussion at that. What this forum wants is refined ideas and intelligent ones at that. What I say is respect that. Lurk. Look at old threads and see where this hoppy has been, and see what you have to add. What the mods don't want are trolls and spammers who post way to much and have nothing intelligent to say. Posting a lot is fine, just make it worth it.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:New York
  • Aeromech on Youtube

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

Because no where else is. Within the last year or so there's been an influx of bullshit from new guys that seem to refuse to read the code of conduct or the rules and just make an account to post complete nonsense. It was better (you might say worse) a couple years ago, the idea being that new members that were only there to post bullshit would be scared away from even making an account. Therefore only if you really wanted to nerf or really had something good to post, would you even consider joining.

This wiki is strict because it can be. And because of that you have the greatest single resource of Nerf mods, homemade build guides, and Nerf war organization. To the moderators, thank you, and to the arrogant children that cannot handle their ego getting a little slap when they don't follow the rules, this isn't fucking Barney and friends.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#5 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • State:California
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:04 PM

I don't know if this has been asked, but I want to know why this wiki is so strict on posting, trading, and in general? Along with that, why is there a post limit, couldn't you just simply have a spam cooldown where it would stop you from spamming? Please give your input if you agree that this wiki is a little strict, and I would like to put out there if I end up being banned for this post, you are just proving my point. (Also please tell me if I am doing anything wrong)

This is a forum, not a wiki. A wiki has pages that can be edited by anybody, not just the person who wrote them/the moderators. A forum has threads that one person starts and then usually other people reply to.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#6 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • u/Maniacal_coyote on Reddit

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

You are probably the 10000000000th person to ask this.

hoongfu, your numbers are off by a factor of at least 10. You claim that 10 billion people have asked that question; since there are around 7.125 billion people on Earth, you need to check your numbers.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#7 Brimstone Omega

Brimstone Omega

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:51 PM

Strict, ehh? As others have already pointed out this site has grown quite liberal since I've been away. I was a member starting in '08 (obviously under a different name...forgot the password and all that in the time I've been away). Back in the day, you couldn't even post if you were new, there was a waiting list and you went through a kind of screening before being aloud membership. I definitely think this new probation type FNG thingy is a great idea, and as to the level of rules and whatnot, it is a welcome break from your typical Interwebs shenanigans. I say bravo to the mods and admins for keeping such a wonderful wealth of foam flinging knowledge as accessible and intelligible as they do.

Besides, is grammar and staying on topic that hard?

#8 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

congratulations, youve won this weeks "worst topic award"! and on a monday too! you're truly skilled at your craft.

trans as shit because fuck you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users