Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 24-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#22877 Your Nerf Website

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 March 2004 - 11:38 PM in General Nerf

I am sure when Cx gets the links page up and running, there will be many of the member sites listed.

IR: Looking at Highlander's post, it seems that he is interested in seeing some of the sites that some of us created, which I think is a somewhat reasonable request. Right now, I don't have a site created yet, but I know of several sites out there.

Highlander: Have you checked out some of the links pages in some of the larger Nerf sites out there?

#30996 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by Oroku Saki on 12 July 2004 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

Pretty....... Me likey. Did you use spraypaint, or an airbrush for the paintjob?

#31041 Yes. It's Just That Cool.

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 July 2004 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

In my book, the only fugly guns are the bad-looking stock guns Hasbro puts out, or the ones that are just covered with duct or electrical tape, like my AT2k was.

#30028 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 July 2004 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

I guess he really wants to keep it then, and show it off to us here. Dude, any nerf gun over $80-100 is usually insane, unless the buyer is someone from Lanard.

Even though the gun looks nice and has a few sweet features, most of us think $150 is way too expensive for a Nerf gun, even for the rarer stuff.

Edit: I would make a reasonable offer of $70 to start, but looking at your previous posts, I doubt you will consider the offer, but if you are desparate for money, my offer may start to look better for you. I may even raise it a little for you to sweeten the deal.

By the way, Oompa: Your X-Bow looks sweet!

#44577 Wooden Darts

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 December 2004 - 11:01 PM in Homemades

That's pretty creative. They might sting a little if you get hit by them, though. I would be interested in hearing about the accuracy and ranges you could get with these darts.

#24933 Will The Fun Last?.......

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 April 2004 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

Maybe not from Hasbro, but I view "Nerf" as "foam guns."

Same here.

#37720 Wildfire

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 September 2004 - 01:03 AM in Modifications

I would try trimming down the poles to about 1/2" or so. Then, you could at least run Stefans, and still maintain a proper seal.

#47450 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

Personally, I don't mind that Nerf is a cult hobby.

Me neither. Nerfing is unique for many reasons prevously discussed, but one of my favorite reasons is its obscurity. I am not usually into mainstream sports that much, so I enjoy some of the more lesser-known pastimes, such as Nerfing. I hate comformity, and I have the weird hobbies to back it up.

#140772 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2008 - 11:32 AM in Off Topic

Because I'm a HUGE fan of the Ninja Turtle series. Oroku Saki is the given name of one of my favorite comic-book villians, Shredder.

#25229 Who Hunts?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 01:32 PM in Off Topic

I hate it when hunters are not responsible for what they shoot at. It really makes the rest of us hunters look bad. I am sorry that happened to you, Cx.

I also hunt on occasions, but not as often as I used to since I now live in the city limits. I have a 30-30 Bolt that I use to hunt deer, a .22 Lever Action for rabbit/squirrel hunting, and a 20 Gauge pump shotgun that I haven't even fired yet, even though I had it for several years now.

#33984 Who Are All These Visiters?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 14 August 2004 - 08:48 PM in Off Topic

My theory is that it is possibly a regular user who deleted their cookies so that their parents/girlfriend/wife don't find out if they have been looking at pr0n, hence them going to the site without logging in. Or, it just may be because of random wanderers just looking at the site.

#20946 Which One

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 March 2004 - 03:00 AM in Modifications

As far as what I have heard, the AT3K is a better gun because it has an automatic rotating mechanism. The AT2K has a manual mechanism similar to the Supermaxx 1500. Both are excellent guns after they are modded though.

#39310 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 19 October 2004 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

what IS the suckest gun besides the ball blasters

Any gun you have and ever will own!

Just kidding.

When it comes to shitty guns, I would nominate the Gyrostrike. This gun uses ammo specially made for it, has no modding potential, and is not useful in any nerf war. With the crappy range, you would be better off throwing darts at people.

Also, if you are going to ask for people not to flame you, it helps if you don't call people names. Timberwolf, I also smell the bullshit on this thread as well.

#39548 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 October 2004 - 01:14 PM in General Nerf

But price-wise, you can buy way better guns for the money.

#39336 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 October 2004 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

But all those guns have actual modding potential to at least some degree. I still think the Gyrostrike is the biggest piece of shit Hasbro ever came out with.

#16859 What Else Is There Besides Fishing Weights

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 January 2004 - 02:47 AM in General Nerf

If you are looking for something besides metal objects, I have heard of people using eraser chunks, or airsoft bbs. Anyone else have any ideas?

#32756 Wal-mart Report

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 July 2004 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

I have also seen the First Shots at my local Wally world. Looking at the shipping date on their website, I think it may be a good idea to wait until Monday when they supposedly restock their toys.

#46941 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

That was some good stuff. Somehow, I really didn't see it coming.

These are the kinds of advertisements that should be on TV... as offensive as possible. People are too sensitive and need to have things like this shoved in thier cute little politically correct faces every now and again.

But, that's just me.

Agreed. I think society needs to stop pussy-footing around on such trivial things and just get to the fucking point. Things are only offensive if you view them as such.

Speaking of over-sensitivity, I would like to share a kickass article from one of my favorite writers, Seanbaby:

http://www.thewavema...articleid=25152

#46903 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 12:00 AM in Off Topic

It's crazy some of the shit that circulates the internet. I have heard about this video, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it until now.

#46983 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 February 2005 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

Don't blame people for being overly sensitive, a relatively small minority of people has always been overly sensitive. Blame the media relations people and the journalists who cater to them. If the stories of outrage never got printed and the corporations never bothered acknowledging the vocal minority, none of this would even be an issue.

I see it as a combination of the two, however it is more the media's fault. My main gripe is the fact that people have a tendancy to overreact to such trivial things. It's true that controversy does indeed drive up ratings in media, hence why the little rare taboos we see become such a big deal in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder if society as a whole is evolving in a more advanced manner in thinking, or perhaps the opposite?

Wait a sec, is that the EGM Seanbaby?

Yep. He writes on his own site, for the Wave, and for EGM, which is another great gaming mag I subscribe to and religiously read.

#42086 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 November 2004 - 12:33 AM in Off Topic

I think we can all at least come to the consensus that this grilled cheese sandwich thing is a new low in the evolution of our society.

I'm not going to go into the Bush factor on this, as I have addressed my opinions on him in several other threads.

I believe in evolution to at least some extent (not too much in the physical sense), but the evolution of the mind. Eventually, I think the stupid people will bring about their own destruction one way or another. It's one of those things I think about to get me through a rough day. The intelligent and wise will always find a way to survive in this world, no matter how many nuclear wars, extreme climate changes, or just plain douchebaggery in society there is. This sandwich is just a sad reminder of how there is still a significant amount of stupidity in this world.

Maybe I should join the eBay selling bandwagon, and start selling "Limited Special Collector's Edition pieces of blank paper. I could also include a frame for them, and throw in a "Certificate of Authenticity." Damn, I should go on eBay, and do that right now!

#42031 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

Prayer can be a powerful spiritual connection, however many people ask for too much. If people got everything they prayed for, the world would be pretty out of balance and boring. I'm not much of a Bible quoter, but one phrase that I find important in it is "The Lord helps those who help themselves." You can't be lazy and expect a higher being to just give you what you want. You need to use it as a focus, and then get off your ass and do something about it. Trust me, it works well, because both prayer and actions go a long way in life.

Those are some pretty fucked up Ebay items that have been posted on this thread so far, but believe me, I've seen much, much worse. One that I can think of is so bad and gross, that I'm sure Cx will ban me if I post it.

#41989 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 01:29 PM in Off Topic

Well said, Piney. Although I do not affiliate myself with any organized Christain religion, I do agree with many of the basic beliefs and principles of it. I find it really sad that things like this sandwich is being touted about for profit, and used for gambling. What the hell is wrong with these people? I guess it would be a good item if it actually was responsible for helping others, instead of just the owner of the sandwich. The person selling this thing could at least donate the money to charity or something.

#25277 Ultimate Artillery

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 11:18 PM in Homemades

Actually, I think it may be better to have a really long single barrel, or even several of these attached in parrelel, and then jam several darts in each of the barrels. Once, I had one of my modded guns put together with a barrel long enough to jam in a few darts, and I was impressed with the way the darts spread shotgun-like when doing this.

#25281 Ultimate Artillery

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 11:36 PM in Homemades

Getting hit by that will depend on how much pressure the gun is packing. I think that the next time I get around to building a homemade, I think I may put together a shotgun monstrosity that fires each individial barrel for a shotgunning effect, and it will contain several barrels for a maximum shot load. If you put something together that fires 80+ darts at once, I think it may take one heck of a time to reload before being able to fire again.

#26149 Ufo's In Mexico

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 May 2004 - 10:41 PM in Off Topic

Tequila?

Oops, I'm supposed to be working right now.

-Piney-

That sounds like a reasonable explanation as to why the aliens wanted to check out Mexico. Maybe they also wanted to try the spicey food. I wouldn't go near the water there though, unless you are used to it. That stuff is evil.

I also believe in aliens, but most of the sightings recorded in history seem rather unclear in general. Some of them may be legit, however many of them may be hoaxes anyway, especially with how easy it is to edit photos and videos nowadays.

Addressing the issue on why aliens would come here in the first place, I believe that it may be because of exploratory purposes. Our own space programs have been trying for years to find extraterrestrial life. Maybe the aliens are doing the same, but are way ahead of us.

#41409 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 11 November 2004 - 05:05 AM in Off Topic

I used to learn Gracie Jiu Jitsu (sp) back in high school. It's a Brazilian style that combines a little Tae Kwon Do with groundfighting and submission holds. Pretty fun stuff. I would like to get back into martial arts, but with working two jobs right now, I don't have the time to go to classes. Right now, I'm doing a little self-studying, mainly on weapons-based combat. I know it (martial arts weapons) won't be very useful in real life situations, but I still think it's pretty kickass.

#41557 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 12 November 2004 - 11:15 PM in Off Topic

Ninjas are freaking awesome, regardless of their existence. I want to study Ninjitsu (I heard it's like the swiss army knife of martial arts), but I haven't found any schools in my area that teach it.

#41865 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 November 2004 - 02:30 AM in Off Topic

The Swiss Guard are pretty badass, despite their traditional Renaissance-style appearance. I heard that they have some pretty weird requirements to get in, such as the ability to yodel. Also, their basic training is longer and more tedious than most US military training.

#34701 Titan Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 August 2004 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

Notice I said "when"....the damn N-strike hasn't hit the shores of our little islands yet. Oh well, I had to wait almost a year before getting a Max Shot, so I guess I'll have to be patient and watch y'all fix up your N-strikes, until....

[/sick from waiting & watching everyone with N-strikes]

-Piney-

I know that Wal-Mart's website sells them, and they ship to Hawaii, so you may be able to get the N-Strike from there, Piney.

http://www.walmart.c...p...1:4192:5330

My Titan is in pieces at the moment, and it has been that way for at least two weeks now, because I simply haven't gotten around to working on it. To solve the pumping problem, it may be possible to route a larger airtank that can be carried around, and use it to fill the Titan, improving its ROF.

#31123 Time To Meet The General

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 July 2004 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

I think Wask merely wanted to make something in honor of the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard, which I hope that most of you know about that show (it's a good classic 70's TV series), so I don't believe that he intended to be racist at all.

Great paint job, Dan! I never thought about putting together a project like that.

#25304 Time

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 May 2004 - 12:31 PM in News

That Ice Nine. What a character. Always trying to get away with something.

#25594 Time

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 May 2004 - 11:11 PM in News

That's strange......it seems the posts got edited on this topic..... Sorry if I hijacked it or anything Cx, I guess I got carried away.

#38749 This Had Me Laughing...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 10 October 2004 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

I think he hit "new topic" instead of "add reply"...

Either that or he smashed his head against the keyboard.

That's what I was thinking, but then again, it's kinda hard to accidentally start a new thread, unless of course, he just happened to have his mouse pointed at the wrong button. Is there supposed to be a point to this thread, or am I just confused?

#32766 The Next Eab

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 July 2004 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

With all the recent Transformers stuff coming out lately, I still think the old 80's cartoon was better than the current one. Who here remembers Megatron turing into a freaking GUN instead of a tank? If I had the money, all of the old-school Transformers DVD's (as well as the original figures) would be sitting on my shelf by now.

I must admit, though: that gun looks fricking sweet! Maybe I should consider ordering one, or make my own rigged to a NF or something for internal functionality. If I paint this one, I might go all-black, giving it the original 80's cartoon laser look.

#32785 The Next Eab

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 August 2004 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

After watching some of the older episodes on the first season DVD set my friend has, I think Soundwave usually carried around Megatron when he is in gun form. (btw, next to Optimus and Megatron, Soundwave is one of my fave transformers, mainly because of his cool-sounding voice.)

Besides, when (the older) Megatron is in normal robot form, his scope blaster is freaking huge! That thing can blast craters in rocks!

I SO want the 20th anniversary Prime. It pretty. I saw it at my local Wal-Mart, but I can't really afford it right now, with house payments to make and bills to take care of...

I'll post pics of my paintjob if I get around to buying the gun, which I probably will do sooner or later.

#36248 The New G5 From Apple

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 September 2004 - 05:49 PM in Off Topic

Why not choose neither Window$ and Apple, and go with Linux instead? I am working on my weaning from Bill Gate's monstrosity. Open source rules!

#31095 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 July 2004 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

Here's a question for all those people who have seen the movie:
Does it ever support anything Bush did? :lol: encourages critical thinking, huh? <_<

~Vintage

Come to think of it, what did Bush do to help the American people? Give us a false sense of security by using scare tactics about terrorism, and then taking away our freedoms? Lying to us that following him means being a patriot, but opposing him, or questioning his actions makes you a traitor to your country?

So what if the movie mainly bashes Bush? Are any of the facts presented in F-9/11 false? Like Rawray stated, there are at least 3 teams of independent researchers checking every single item presented in Moore's film, and found nothing inaccurate so far, except for the larger amount of Saudi money invested in the US economy. Moore himself even stated that he is considering offering a reward for anyone who can find any inaccuracies in F-9/11.

If a conservative like Limbaugh or Bill O Reilly released a documentary bashing Kerry, or showing Bush in a positive light, I would still go see it, weigh both views shown, and then come to my own conclusions, which is what INFORMED voters do. To make any decision in life, you need to weigh the consequences of both sides.

Even though I do not want to bring the whole debate about Communism, I feel that is necessary to address this. If the US became Communist, our enitre constitution would be scrapped, and most of our rights taken away. So why do you think that attempts to get rid of corporations who use the government for financial gain is an attempt to promote Communism? Actions like this are still upholding the Constitution, so I don't see why this can turn the US into a Communist government.

Getting to the military enlistments, because of the high unemployment rates in the US, the military looks better as a career option for the middle and lower class. Moore wanted to show that because of the indirectly-forced enlistments, the military has an easier time to strengthen their forces. Some of these troops are sent to critical terrorist hot spots, such as Afghanistan, while a majority of them are sent to Iraq, a place where we probably should not have started war with anyway. Sure, I hate Saddam as much as the next American, but when it comes to fighting the war on terror, America needs to set their priorities straight. There should be no reason why our troops should be sent to die in a country that most likely did not pose as a threat to us.

Sadly, we are at a point in Iraq where we can't just pull our troops out, and both Bush and Kerry have no doubts about that. Check the news and other resources, and compare what both candidates said about their plans for foreign policy. So far, I have found that Bush wants the US to continue fighting in Iraq indefinately, and Kerry wants to repair our diplomatic relations with the countries Bush pissed off.

#31255 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 July 2004 - 11:22 AM in Off Topic

I am opposed to any draft, because I only want people fighting for the USA who actually want to defend the country with their lives. 

Then why is the government trying to pass one before the election, without the mainstream media reporting it? If you look at my previous posts, you can find the bill on the Congress website under the bill numbers I posted. If you oppose the draft, why not do somthing about it?

What is the US military here for?  To give people free educations?  Or to defend our country?  When people use the military to get a free education, they MUST prepare themselves to fulfill the military's primary purpose.

And if a draft passes, it will be harder for these individuals to adjust to this (whoever they may be).

My dad got his education with the Marines.  He was and still is ready to go off to war for our country.  People who use the military for education without understanding their duties in it, find themselves with a hard smack of reality.

I have several friends who also went into the military for education, and they are fully aware of the possible hazards and commitments of their decision. If I enlist, I am also aware of this. I am sure that even a good majority of the lower class who enlist are also aware of what they are getting into. In the film, Moore interviews a few kids from the ghettos, and ask them what they think about enlisting, and they mention the possibility of getting killed, so don't say that people who enlist for education do not know what they might be getting themselves into.

You confessed that you hated Bush before you saw the movie, so why would seeing it make you 'informed'?  If you saw a movie that praised Bush, your hatred of him would keep you from believing what you just saw.  Being 'informed' is only a way of saying 'finding reasons for backing your predisposed beliefs.'

Don't get me wrong, I am the same way you are.  If I saw a movie talking about the heroic deeds of John Kerry, I would not believe them.  My beliefs concerning Kerry affect the way I observe his motives and doings.

My main point is this:  Once you feel you have a clear knowledge concerning a political figure/action, it is extremely hard to change your mind.  Thus, becoming 'informed' only really happens before you reach your conclusion.

The reason why I feel that the movie made me more informed is because the film showed Bush's decisions and actions in more detail compared to what I have picked up every so often from the news. So far, no one has found any inaccuracies in it, despite what many conservatives have said to bash Moore. Since I have not heard of any movies that have been made to praise Bush, I have no other choice but to make my decisions based on what is already out there in the media.

#31079 The Michael Moore Movie

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 July 2004 - 04:36 PM in Off Topic

Personally, I am not directly supporting the movie because I agree with Moore, but I recommend that people watch it to encourage critical thinking. You don't have to go watch it, but I think it could be to your benefit.

Why be oblivious to the world around you, voting for a president that you do not really know about? Is it because of this whole, "We must support our president, no matter what he does" mentality that has infested our country over the last few years?

Would you seriously vote for an administration with a vice president who ran a corporation known to give bribes to international officials? A middle-eastern country becomes liberated, and who gets most or all of the reconstruction contracts for it? The same corporation that pays dividends to Cheney. Do you find this at least a little bit strange?

When the Bin Ladens were flown out of the country on September 13, 2001, why was the FBI given direct orders to leave them alone? After a crisis like this, isn't it standard procedure for the FBI to investigate any family members of the suspects?

In all of the criticism of F-9/11, all I have seen conservatives do is bash Moore. Are they running out of things to criticize about in his documentary, or are they just looking at the movie, not bother seeing it, and coming to the conclusion that it is a "biased piece of propaganda," therefore being hipoctitical about the film because they haven't actually seen it?