Photo

Will The Fun Last?.......

Will nerf last another 5-10 years?

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Will nerf last any significant length of time? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Will nerf last any significant length of time?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

With the release of some intresting guns I thought it might be a good time to visit this question again....
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#2 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:22 PM

I voted "Forever," because I think that (banning some radical anti-anything-that-even-remotely-resembles-functions-sounds-like-a-gun law) there will always be foam blasters on the market. Maybe not from Hasbro, but I view "Nerf" as "foam guns."

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#3 Little Buster

Little Buster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:15 PM

I voted for forever also because even they did for some retarded reason ban them and what-not, people could still by them from other people who don't want them, or people can still make their own. And besides, if they banned the nerf guns they would have to ban other things like paintball guns and airsoft guns.
"I don't like this tricky jam. If only I could buy the light wings." She stays up until Doc, says No. Sore ijou iku'n janai. Go back! Go back! Go back!

#4 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:12 PM

Maybe not from Hasbro, but I view "Nerf" as "foam guns."

Same here.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#5 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:33 PM

I'd like to point out I have 15 year old guns sitting around from the early Nerf days of my childhood... what's another decade on top of that? So they say "Made in China" instead of "Made in Mexico" meh.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, who really cares? Have fun while you can, cause nerf will almost deffinately outlast your interest in it.

VACC

#7 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:03 AM

I think, to be quite vain and honest here, it all depends on user an NIC co-operation and developement. If i am to produce this movie when i finally get some time off my VCE, this will boost the NIC just a little bit more, so that we have accomplished a little bit more than a couple of home made guns and modifications....
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#8 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:25 PM

If there by any chance aren't any more foam dart blasters on the market, for another decade or so, guns will still be in rotation on the internet. Even if all nerf guns become rare, homemades would suffice. There is only one way that nerf could die out almost completely. If the NIC (by some strange out-of-world extreme chance) happened to fall apart, probably half of the nerfers would lose interest, and any other kid who got a gun wouldn't think of modding it. This would leave only a few hundred in the world who still would know nerf as it is now.

Or the anti-christ could take over and eventually fall and everyone would be killed and judged before god during the post-armagedden times. Then nerf dies.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#9 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:34 PM

I voted forever because even if all of the current nerfers died in some strange spontaneous fbr combustion there will always be that one group of kids trying to maximize the performance of there little foam shooting toys.

Or the anti-christ could take over and eventually fall and everyone would be killed and judged before god during the post-armagedden times. Then nerf dies.

That won't stop nerf because when god/buddha/Colonel Sanders trys to judge us I have faith that Vacc will somehow escape to live with his former enemies: the squirrels thereby ensuring nerf survives.

Edited by THEengineer, 27 April 2004 - 04:34 PM.

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:48 PM

If nerf ever goes out of business, your going to see me start producing foam shooters real quick. Not to help the community, but to make a shitload of cash. I beleive there will always be a market for toy guns, and I especially think there will be a market for guns that can safely shoot.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#11 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, i agree with Talio. And besides, i don't think nerf has taken advantage of thier full "gimmick" capabilities...i could think of some that might sell, like:

Laser Sight Arrow Blaster With Glow In The Dark Arrows!

Sort of thing...i think Nerf needs to make a "Nite Sight" (or however you want to spell it) line, because that's what sells, right? The eagle eye was the best selling nerf gun, i think a bigger, arrow shooting one would sell even better.

#12 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:52 AM

I voted forever, because I think Nerf is a firmly established and recognised brand name, like barbie, GI Joe, Transformers, and Hot Wheels. Though the popularity will wax and wane, I think there will always be a demand for quality toys that shoot stuff somewhat safely. People instinctually enjoy games that simulate combat so I think there will always be a demand for things like nerf guns.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#13 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:22 AM

I agree with Vacc.

Nerf will always be around with some toy that will shoot something, be it foam darts, arrows, balls, bungee cords, rings.... whatever.

It's the individual's interest that will fade out and other things will take over as priority in their busy lives. Just look at the record of people who register for the forums, stay a month or three, and decide that they'll get more 'respect', or 'credit', or whatever, somewhere else. Then they leave. It's not as prevalent here, as it is on NHQ, though.

The key is to just NERF. And have fun doing it, without having to try to prove anything. Use the Nerf Community as an information source and exchange...not a place to try to prove to have the biggest, most powerful, or quickest shooting Nerf gun. Leave the quest for pack dominance to the Silverback Gorillas.

Quoting Vacc on NHQ..."go shoot something!"

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users