cerealkiller's Content

There have been 51 items by cerealkiller (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58499 Chewbacca's Bowcaster

Posted by cerealkiller on 30 June 2005 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

It's a spring gun? If it really is, then you should putt the barrel right up to the spring mechanism because when the air goes through that skinny tube, It loses some air pressure. Just sort of chop off the top part between the the spring mechanism and put the barrel right up to it. I'm sure you don't want to stick with 50ft because a pistol can go farther.

#58368 Science Behind Hornet Help

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 June 2005 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

I'm sorry but I still don't understand. Why would the sudden drop in pressure make the tank at the end to fire? Wouldn't it just escape through those holes? How does the tank at the end work, because it not like a regular valve in most air guns that a triggle pulls back to release the valve to let the air out.

#58360 Science Behind Hornet Help

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 June 2005 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

I'm planning to do some sort of shotgun type thing on my hornet, and its mechanism has been bothering me because I don't have an idea of how it works.(how it lets out air and stores it).

This is the part I am talking about:
Posted Image
It would also be helpful to me if I knew how this thing worked, the mechanism that releases all the shots at once:
Posted Image
Can someone would please explain this to me, or if this has been posted, please tell me where it is. thanks. :ph34r:

#57110 Need A Good Pistol

Posted by cerealkiller on 09 June 2005 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

If fitting things in your pocket is the issue, then I think the scount should be the better pistol.
If you want to fit in your backpack, then at2k. Well, actually with the at2k you'll have to pump it so that's going to cost you.
Another pistol that no one mentioned is the maverick.

#55643 Range, Accuarcy, And Rate Of Fire

Posted by cerealkiller on 25 May 2005 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

In my opinion, I think that a good team beats them all. If people know how to work well and understands exactly what to do, then the range, accuracy, and ROF is a secondary thing.

But, if we're only talking about those three, then I think range and accuracy, because picking people off farther away is extremely useful, even with poor ROF. You could always carry two primarys, like a good, high powered rifle, and a nice splitfire in case there's no time to reload. I find that generally when you have a gun loaded and ready to go, people don't usually rush, which gives you time to reload the rifle. Heck, one time it was 3 on 1 and I pulled out my scout, and they still backed off.

#53806 Titan Questions

Posted by cerealkiller on 29 April 2005 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Im goin to make my titan 24inch barreler. I hear alot of things about 200" ranges, and I'm just wondering if I did anything wrong before. I use regular bbs and a 12 in brass.

Does a 1/4 steel shot make a big difference in powerful guns? Because I can only get 85 out of my titan right now.

Even when I use heavier weights the ranges are still about the same, and I think its because of my 12 inch brass. Is this normal to have this little change all because of the barrel length?

I'm replacing my pvc in my titan with a longer, but it's glue on tight with epoxy How can I get it out?

:nugget: sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't really find anything.

#53683 Los Angeles, Mexico

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 April 2005 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

Lotsa Asian people too ;). Btw, offtopic, but what do you think, Grinch, about the hispanic canidiate that's running for mayor? I forgot his name. He looks ok.

#53680 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 April 2005 - 08:33 PM in Off Topic

I also do XC and Track.
My 3 mile kinda slow -19:07
2 mile slow also -12:08
1mile -5:13
800 -2:20
400 -59sec
I go to Arcadia High, where, if you guys know anything about high school track, hosts one of the biggest Track&Field invitationals in the Country. Yep. Arcadia Invitational.
Anyways to make Talio happy, I don't think that being a good runner helps alot, because when you're carring around a couple of guns, you don't usually run any faster. Plus, on big maps, you don't usually run around all the time, so physical endurance doesn't really matter too much. The only time I see as it being useful is if you have to play on a wide area and you can reload while running away fast. Usually people don't chase you all the way when you're playing in the hallways because people always set traps.

#53671 Los Angeles, Mexico

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 April 2005 - 07:58 PM in Off Topic

I live in LA too, and I'm not too concerned about it. I'm not happy about it, but let them do whatever they want. Just don't come and really take over LA.

#53412 Stefan Write Up?

Posted by cerealkiller on 24 April 2005 - 10:03 PM in Homemades

Arg I can't really find any write-ups right now, so I'll just help you as much as I can.

Materials:
foam backer rod (you can buy this at home depot)
heating iron (radio shack) or you can get a nail and your kitchen stove
bb/fishing weights/pellets/steel shots. (if your a long distance shooter, then get something much heavier than a bb) (walmart)
glue gun and lotsa glue sticks. (wherever)
a testing barrel that will compare the dart sizes.
knife
ruler

Procedures:
Ok first take the long foam backer rod and stretch it out till its fairly straight and not curled up.
Then take one of the ends and stick then into the testing barrel, till the end comes out of the other opening of the barrel, and use the ruler to measure out how long you want the darts to be. (maybe an inch for regular darts or two for loser darts)
Take the knife and cut out the darts.
When your done, put them in the thing that goes over your pillows, (pillow case, I think whats thats called) and put them in the laundry drier for a couple of minutes. you might want to experiment on how long you should do it so your darts don't turn out too big to stuff down your barrel.
Now put little holes in the front of your darts with the heating iron or heat up the nail and use that to poke them so that your bb/whatever can fit in there nicely.
Put them in.
Hot glue on top to secure the bb/whatever on to the dart.
Go outside and shoot somebody with them. Oh yea let'em dry for couple of seconds first.

Tips:
A tip for fast production is to get some people help and then you guys can do a conveyor belt like thing. Get wood blocks and drill holes into them so that you can fit in darts in them. That helps you do alot at a time, you don't have to hold the darts up, and keeps the poking hole and gluing straight. Make sure the bb/whatevers are perfectly on top of the dart, or then there goes your accuracy.

#53276 Fire Ext.

Posted by cerealkiller on 23 April 2005 - 03:06 PM in Homemades

Don't fire extingushers have some chemicals or something in them to put out a fire, because whenever you see someone use one, theres like a big puff of smoke-like stuff that comes out. Does that affect the gun in any way?

#51172 Confessions Of An Evangelical Taiwanese Expatriot!

Posted by cerealkiller on 30 March 2005 - 11:49 PM in Off Topic

sigh, A lot of sorry to you cxwq

Its me, im ckwq. I really admired you name, so I decided to make it for myself. I am truly sorry. If you want me to change it. I will. I am truly sorry about this. I just thought you name was just so cool, so I wanted to make my name there ckwq. ck stands for cerealkiller, what you guys call me here. Here, im going to go change my avatar there right now. :blush: :nugget: :( ]

EDIT: Haha(nervous laugh) Drano is on Nerfhaven. He was the one who introduced nerf to our church. Thats why hes the moderator for nerf on our church forum. Oh yea and sorry BK, I don't check my email daily.

#48824 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by cerealkiller on 05 March 2005 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

"Do you actually make nerf guns so that there is a way to mod them to be powerful? Is there like a secret way to mod the maverick and scout so that they f'n rock, but we just haven't found it yet? Or do you just sit there and see what we come up with."

I think the people at hasbro actually, because comon, look all the titan! Why would they give it some much power, and then restricted it so much, but making it so that it's easy to mod? I believe they made the titan just for us :P

Suggestion: Even though I know nerf is a toy thats sopposed to be for kids, I was thinking that maybe hasbro could make a whole other branch that's for teens and older people. You know, high powered guns out of the box, machine guns that shoot 80 feet, and the use of clips. Yes, I know, probably alot of you will flame me for this, but you know, some of us like the idea of having our nerf guns working like airsoft ones. As so others like the close combat you get so much from nerf.

#48153 Titan Mod

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 February 2005 - 01:30 AM in Modifications

I have a question about the 200' mark. Did you have to arc it or did you straight forward and hit the 200' mark?

#48151 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by cerealkiller on 27 February 2005 - 01:24 AM in General Nerf

Getting a variety of guns when playing teams is really important, so when I go to wars, I usually bring one of each type gun. On a team, there should be 1or2 heavy distance rifles, like a titan or some crazy/200footer homemade, scouters with at3k or at2k, and head on assault men with rf20 and (my favorite)splitfire.

#47803 At2k

Posted by cerealkiller on 22 February 2005 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Sigh, :nugget: go to the search control and read everything that comes up about at2k, airtech2000 and such.

#47678 I Post Once More Into The Void Of Nothingness...

Posted by cerealkiller on 21 February 2005 - 02:51 AM in Off Topic

Yea... I have been wondering alot about it but I'm always too afraid to ask. What does cxwq mean? :) -nervous smile

#46622 Stefan Darts

Posted by cerealkiller on 28 January 2005 - 12:23 AM in Homemades

Or you can forget heating the screw driver and go to radio shack to buy a heating iron costing about 4$. Yea like everyone said, make sure the weight is PERFECTLY right smack in the middle. You shouldn't just get regular bbs for your darts if you want distance. Use 1/4 inch steel shot. I think it was like 5 or 7 dollars for 400 at Walmart. Make the darts alteast 1/1/2 inches, even though you'll make less darts. Oh yea and make sure the darts fit just right so that you need a ram rod to push them down the barrel, but that its slides down easily. For me, there wasn't any difference between the darts with holes in the back versus the darts without, but you can do that anyways.

#46319 Dbf #21 : The Troll Saga - Finale

Posted by cerealkiller on 19 January 2005 - 11:51 PM in News

I liked the way you drew the fireball... Are you studying to become a artist? You should.

#46317 Maverick Issues

Posted by cerealkiller on 19 January 2005 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

Its the same with all the scouts too, but you shouldn't worry too much about it the pin bending, because after the first week when I took apart the scout, my metal rod was bent too, and it's been like that the whole time. If you are really nervous about the plastic part breaking off, your right because mine broke off, but a simple fix did the trick. Just glue it back on. Don't worry about too much. B)

#46193 Guass Gun/coil Rifle

Posted by cerealkiller on 15 January 2005 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

Sorry, this is my third post of the day, but ive been sitting at home the whole day.
A coil gun is like a nail gun right? I don't think you need 20 car batteries. My friend told me about his teacher in his physics class with this small "nail gun" that shot a washer up in the air. But if you want to put a hole in someone, then get 20 car batteries. Anyways, seriously, a nail gun is pointless. Its not like your going to shoot someone a couple hundred feet away and get him.

#46189 Mavrick And The Scout

Posted by cerealkiller on 15 January 2005 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

My friend recently bought two Mavricks at Target. While I was looking at them, I noticed that on the cocking mechaism theres a hole in the back, similar to the one on the scout. So I thought of an idea of putting a string between them, tying it up and putting it around your neck. Then, when you have dual Mavricks all you have to do is straighten out your arm to cock your gun. You can tie the strings onto a saxophone neck strap so you don't have to choke yourself everytime you do it. It looks getto, but it works and I just thought I might share it with you guys. The only problem is that you can't hold the gun straight out when you shoot. I was hoping someone could think of an idea to solve that problem. :nugget:

#46184 Nerf World Order

Posted by cerealkiller on 15 January 2005 - 06:31 PM in News

helpful, informative or funny...

Truthfully, at one time, I went on NH everyday to read Lee's posts and threads because he was so freakin retarded it was funny... counting in all the flames people said to him too.

#45712 Nerf World Order

Posted by cerealkiller on 08 January 2005 - 04:03 PM in News

I think the karma system is good, but

The NH border should be a solid, steel door, not one with a doggy flap.

Thats wrong. If you close the doors then it discourages new people to come into nerf. I'm sure we all want nerf to grow into an olympic sport (atleast me ^_^ ). Correct me if im wrong Cxwq but I thought NH was a place where people get help on modding, ask questions, share ideas, sell guns, and meet other people that share a common hobby. Going out and searching for good people isn't a good idea. What about the people that aren't elite just want to join this community(like me) New people is what keeps nerf alive. Cxwq I think that you should have something to tell the people that want to sign up during this time to wait, explaining them the karma system being introduced.

#45535 Air Power

Posted by cerealkiller on 06 January 2005 - 01:43 AM in General Nerf

Here it goes with another of my stories:

Ok so my friend (who is really crazy and wants to go to Israel to become a SWAT member there) is brassing his NF. I give him a 6 in 9/16 bass and he jammes it, in literally, but at the bottom of the barrel, sticks a dead dart with a straw in the middle, and covering the side with lots of electrical tape so it wont blow out.

My question is if he does that, will it be better? If the air has to go through a smaller passage, like the straw, will it be better for the gun? I couldn't really tell with his NF, it looked the same.

Another thing is that he says that there is virually no friction when the dart or bullet flies through the barrel, so the longer the barrel, the better. Hey says since there is only one way the air can go, so it just keeps building up. I don't really think that's necessarily true, I'm sure there comes a point that friction will decrease its range. Think about it. When you feel the air right next to the releasing valve, its stronger that when you feel it with the end of a barrel attached on to it.

#45522 New Rifle In Its Infancy...

Posted by cerealkiller on 05 January 2005 - 10:53 PM in Homemades

how long is the spring? Comparing to the to the handle it seems like 3 inches or so. I know that it's a strong AR(what is that?) spring but I think you should have more power, but I don't know. I was just looking at a pic of crossbow internals, and that spring is huge.

#43489 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by cerealkiller on 07 December 2004 - 02:32 AM in General Nerf

Yea, I agree with getting used to the gun, because, after all, even when you do the same mod on the same model, theres always a difference in the way it shoots. I don't agree with scopes being useless because, well, it really does help me aim, after practicing awhile with it. It also makes me feel more er, secure, if you know what i mean. B) One time I head shotted my friend about 75 feet away, with his head sticking out 6 inches, all thanks to my scope. :) Anyways, to contribute to this post: Something I forgot to add was sticking a lazer pointer right on the brass or pvc barrel. Final note so I make myself sound like I know what im talking about: Scopes are good to have, but you shouldn't depend totally on it.

#43410 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by cerealkiller on 05 December 2004 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Or just learn to use the fucking gun. :lol:

just a suggestion man.

#43408 Aiming With Nerf Guns

Posted by cerealkiller on 05 December 2004 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

:lol: I had the same problem with the at3k, with the curve on top. You could build a scope out of pvc, really. First cut out a rod of pvc with the measure of how long you want the scope to be. Then cut 4 slits into the front of the pvc, making the slits opposite of each other form two perpendicular lines, like a "+". Then take a couple strands of string, bind them together, and place them in the slits opposite of each other. Make sure that they are really tight and then glue them on. then, tape the scope on the gun, and position it correctly by shooting with the scope, and doing ajustments to it. When you're sure that the scope is in the position you want it to be, glue it on, and when it drys, take the tape off.

#42869 Nooo...my Titan

Posted by cerealkiller on 29 November 2004 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

I got the same problem when I was sanding down the breech valve(is that what you call the place were the air comes out?). Check and see if anything is stuck between there. I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be any internal problems, because I've dropped my titan alot of times, and it still stores it's air fine.

#42855 Look What I Won...

Posted by cerealkiller on 28 November 2004 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

Hey lee if your so rich then you should go get those crossbows on ebay

#42205 In Some Titan Trouble

Posted by cerealkiller on 22 November 2004 - 01:50 AM in Modifications

information dealing with the problem:
when you open up the titan, you will see 2 metal rods and the trigger as the firing system. one of the black metal rods is directly moved when you pull the trigger. I'll call it the pendulum rod, because it works like a pendulum when you pull the trigger. The other rod is straight and its the one that releases the air. The straight rod is pulled back by the pendulum rod.

introduction to the problem:
i find out my titan is leaking. So i take it apart with also taking off the triggers and everything. After some experiments i find out when i pump it up it doesn't leak, but when i screw in everything back in but not putting on the case, it does. I find out that the pendulum rod was somehow bent so that the long straight part of pendulum rod was too short, thus making the straight rod bend up. and when this happens, air leaks out of the place where the straight rod goes into the tank.

my stupidity:
i try to bend the rod back into shape, but it snaps.

point of this topic:
im not so sure of what to do because if i got another piece of metal rod, i dont really know how to bend it into the pendulum rod, and if i directly glue the trigger with the straight rod with a piece connecting the two it would still pull the straight rod down and out instead of straight out.

please give me some suggestions on to how i should do this. Oh yea and Drano if you are reading this, which you probably will, GO CHECK YOUR NERFHAVEN INBOX!!!

#39370 "homeland Security" Nerf, And The Law

Posted by cerealkiller on 20 October 2004 - 07:02 PM in Off Topic

hmmmmmmm... i maybe should stick with the hose on the roof, but if they turn off my then i'll pull out my guns and give them a few welts

#39319 "homeland Security" Nerf, And The Law

Posted by cerealkiller on 19 October 2004 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

In the past five years, my house has been tieped(its that right spelling?), graffied, and egged 3 times at halloween. This year i was planning to do something about it. When its halloween night, im going to sit on my roof with my awsome titan make sure those bastards dont come back next year. but then I realized that shooting them might be illegal. I searched for "illegal" and "legal" without finding the answer to the question. Ive read some articles that cops dont like us shooting civilians, alarming them, or going on private property, but what if they are bugging you, and going on your property? Is it ok to shoot them?

#39122 Bbb Mod

Posted by cerealkiller on 16 October 2004 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

that thing must weigh a ton! It looks pretty cool though, except for the pump at the bottom. Were's the trigger for the top one?

#38480 Ridiculous Question

Posted by cerealkiller on 06 October 2004 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

Practice with other people, that is the most effective way. Teaches you how to work like a team and cover areas efficiently. Also makes you learn not to be the idiots that runs up to the enemy, shoots randomly, and screams and run. Personally, if you are going to practice alone, try with moving targets, that skill always comes in handy.

#36635 Nitefinder

Posted by cerealkiller on 07 September 2004 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

i want to say this is a meaningless post but... you should of posted Jiyrah's nf with ranges

#36634 Help Me With Splitfires.

Posted by cerealkiller on 07 September 2004 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

what kind of glue are you using? and are you following cxwq's mod carefully?

if it doesn't stay, i suggest you just glop a whole bunch of hot glue in the gun to hold the barrels in place, thats what I did

#36501 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by cerealkiller on 05 September 2004 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

You could make like a Assault game, where you have to reach a certain place in a certain time to win. For example the attackers have to go to a certain place to "activate" a pretend swich so they can go through and get to another point to win.

Basically, get ideas from the video and computer games you play.

#36357 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by cerealkiller on 03 September 2004 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Just pump less and shoot more. Leave ur options open for when you really wanna nail a guy. Unless the problem is that it's so powerful that the darts go funny.

It's not that the dart goes funny, it's that if you lose count, it's so powerful, the weight, on impact, could break through the glue and into someones flesh. I went through alot of darts in testing before I realized the tips were shattering on my fence.

WOW :P titan can do that?! i never knew that. And i was worrying that my titan sucked when it only went 10 feet more than my friends At2k. I guess the titan is good for shooting at robbers. That'll teach him to touch my TV!