Jlego's Content

There have been 205 items by Jlego (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363765 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Jlego on 30 March 2019 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Not missing this one, hopefully I'll see a bunch of familiar faces <3

#362902 Armageddon XIX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/23/18)

Posted by Jlego on 11 April 2018 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Planning on flying out again!

I will be there as well! Although keep the paramedics on standby in case of another torn ACL.

Yeah, really hoping there's no repeat, that was some rough shit.

#360605 APOCALYPSE 2017 - Saturday August 5th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Jlego on 16 June 2017 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Best first post I've ever seen <3

Attending as usual.

#360251 [CT] NENO 17 Saturday June 17th

Posted by Jlego on 01 June 2017 - 09:25 AM in Nerf Wars

If I can find transportation, I'm down. How competitive is very high end superstock gear? Anyone running full length darts?

Typically there are a couple superstock rounds during the day, most people are using full length stock darts for their superstock setups. High ROF superstock gear definitely has potential for a competitive edge against NIC blasters in the other rounds, so long as they're used wisely and as a part of the team as a whole.

What exactly are the details of the raffle mentioned?

People bring blasters they don't use/would be willing to part with and everyone who puts something in gets a chance to pull something new out.

#354652 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by Jlego on 28 June 2016 - 11:11 PM in Off Topic

I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.

I love you guys so much. 

I'll try to keep up.

You guys are the best. Love everyone in this clan and I miss you all terribly. What a long, strange, alcohol-fueled trip it's been.

Ditto on ALL counts <3

I've been in this hobby for a good long while and I've spent so much time and effort making darts and blasters and going places to see people, but it's all so worth it to know people this excellent. I honestly can't imagine life without all of you in it, here's to 14 more years!

EDIT: Don't forget the creation of the NIC's greatest and most prolific bromance! (debatable, convince me otherwise/get @ me)

2011-03-26 13.01.24.jpg

#354316 [CT] Connecticut Nerf Out - Norwalk - Saturday, July 2nd

Posted by Jlego on 17 June 2016 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

A war 20 minutes from home and <5 min from the best empanadas and arepas in the area? (Look up Valencia Luncheria, likely calling in an order and picking up for lunch.)

I'd be embarrassed if I didn't attend. DTN.

#352720 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Jlego on 11 April 2016 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Attending as per usual, hopefully will have a couple arrowstorms back in shape by then.

Running some gunslinger (pistols or primaries) and freeze tag, keeping the NJ and Pitt classics alive.

May even have some more old stuff to sell, we'll see what I can dig up!

#346563 NENO 12

Posted by Jlego on 04 May 2015 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

On the calender, time to shake off some rust

#346466 Frankenfinder

Posted by Jlego on 28 April 2015 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Wow Ice, I warred with you at the second to last SCUN meet, you made the Frankenfinder! Wow do you still have it or can make another? I'de love to see it!

Think Before You Post.
Don't post unless you have something to say.
Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add.

This was a 2,339 day necro, violating the three rules listed above. Disregard for these rules is considered unacceptable, disrespectful and at the very least, in poor taste obnoxious.
Please remember you agreed to abide by <these rules> when you signed up. (give them the once over, just to be extra specially sure)

Please conduct future admiration for the projects older than a few weeks over the Private messaging system.

For the record, I too want to touch Ice9's B. <end>

#344729 Nerf Stampede - Mod Guide!

Posted by Jlego on 01 February 2015 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Where do you buy all the parts?
I was just wondering what you thought would be a trustworthy and satisfactory website or store.

Welcome to Nerfhaven!

If you could please "Don't post in months-old topics unless you have something significant to add." (and re-read the CoC, again (since you already did but it didn't seem to take))

Also you may want to read more carefully, as unless you live in Singapore, the original poster of this topic might not even be able to help you with this!

Please try to read and investigate (read: google) a bit more before posting publicly (seriously in the future just use the personal message system)

Thanks!

#342485 N.E.N.O. 10 IT'S HERE!!!!

Posted by Jlego on 19 October 2014 - 12:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Will certainly be a least a little late, but I will be there.

#342379 N.E.N.O. 10 IT'S HERE!!!!

Posted by Jlego on 13 October 2014 - 10:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm tentatively planning on attending this based on time available, got a couple other things to do in the span of this weekend.

Put me down as a big maybe.

Nice, would be cool to see you in action again

#341982 Your first NIC war and your first blaster

Posted by Jlego on 16 September 2014 - 08:07 PM in Site Feedback

First war Gnomefest4 in August of 2005, thanks to going in school in Hoboken and One Man Clan being cool enough to drive out of his way to pick me up.

Ran around with a AT2k/Splitfire/Powerclip/Crossbow for most of the day, it was pretty fantastic. Little did Langley know that several years later I'd be helping (debatable) to run Gnomefests and other LGLF events.

Those 200x wars are good proof that a 8-12 person war is frequently the best war.

#337339 GRID CODE MARCH 2ND 2014

Posted by Jlego on 28 February 2014 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

The arena is much more dart friendly (no more dart loss from the tires) and bunkers/houses have been updated and renovated.

(And fucking, Jaxon. Bring the fucking.)

I hate to do this to you babe, but some pretty awful extenuating circumstances came up :(

Shipping an extra large crate of fucking in with Langley anyways <3

#337128 GRID CODE MARCH 2ND 2014

Posted by Jlego on 18 February 2014 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops, should reply to this!
I'm most certainly attending!

#324724 Happy Holidays!

Posted by Jlego on 25 December 2012 - 01:09 PM in Off Topic

Happy Holidays from (*most of*) the Mods at Nerfhaven! (Definitely not Ice9, he won't be wishing you a happy anything)
Usually around this time of year, we have a thread or two pop up and get closed for some silly reason, so he's everyone's chance!

GROUND RULES

-This topic will be open and pinned for one week, for everyone to wish everyone a lovely holiday and festive new year and all that.

-This topic is also for the inevitable boasting of Nerf and modding related gifts.
Past that? NOBODY CARES. Don't be that guy, blasters and modding tools ONLY.

Annnnnyway, I do hope everyone has had a wonderful go of this holiday season and I hope we'll be seeing you all just as much as ever in 2013.

#322595 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by Jlego on 14 October 2012 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

-Breaking Bad
-Trailer Park Boys
-Adventure Time

Characters from the show "Fringe"

As mentioned

We've got a pretty good selection already, but I guess we could add more

Langley, Ice9 and myself really tried to cover all the bases for whatever we chose the last time, so if you think there's something missing from Finge, please look through the pack and tell us what's missing.
So long as "what's missing" in your book isn't some specific frame from an episode, or something nobody else cares about (we're not here to directly pander to an individual's needs) we'll figure something out.

That having been said, things like adventuretime are hard because there are a couple dozen reoccurring characters, but there could be a couple more.

#320256 Site Feedback

Posted by Jlego on 09 August 2012 - 08:58 PM in Site Feedback

So in a couple of months, I will have had a NerfHaven account for a year.
<snip>
Give them a little power, and they think they know so much more than you do.
<snip>
All I ask is that you respect it.

Every Admin on this forum has been here at least 4 times as long as you have (3 times, rounding down for the newest additions)
Yet you seem to think that your opinion should demand respect in the same post that you deny them respect. They who have been chosen above any other members on this site based solely on previous participation in this community.

The answer to all your questions was addressed in 2005 by none other than CXWQ: This should really be required reading.

This seems like a silly course of action. Why bother deleting this account? Why choose to limit yourself to a place like NRES? Also, as Langley has recently pointed out, a warning is just that. Not a punishment. And you couldn't find an upload button because this a a free site with a low budget that does not include file hosting services. Everything contributed by a member here is hosted elsewhere. As for your guide, why would you link to it instead of copying the text out and pasting it in? That rule is simply about readability. Nobody wants to go hopping across the net to an unfamiliar spot just to read a text file. I used to feel like you do a long time ago. There are reasons the admins run this place like they do, and isn't just because they like to watch kids squirm.

That would seem to tie up any other complaints that you seem to be offended by.

Good luck out there on the rest of the interbutts <3

#318528 NJW8.5

Posted by Jlego on 15 July 2012 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a reasonable chance I'll be in attendance here as well. Hell, screw that, I WILL be in attendance.

Basically came in here to say this. LET'S ROCK

#315646 Philly Area Nerf War, Round Two!

Posted by Jlego on 13 May 2012 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a raging maybe <3

#314999 HAPPY

Posted by Jlego on 30 April 2012 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

HEY EVERYONE, WISH A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TED!

#312337 Eye Protection Is Key

Posted by Jlego on 03 March 2012 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

Lab/Industrial - Probably the safest, especially the industrial.
Anything with an Ansi Z87.1 - As stated by Swiftone1990, "Nothing nerf will punch through those".

Specifically, anything that is qualified to ANSI Z87.1, by the most recent revision, should have a marking on it somewhere stating this. Most labs/industrial places would use glasses spec'd to this, seems redundant to list these all individually.
More specifically, anything you want to use for nerf should have Z87+ printed somewhere in the plastic, since this denotes the lenses being impact rated. [Via]

That's just an important clarification, but personally I wouldn't nerf in anything else.

#312326 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by Jlego on 03 March 2012 - 02:20 PM in Nerf Wars

War is next weekend, please update your attendance and such. This could be the best POW all year, don't miss it.

Put me down as a DEFINITE.
Fuck yeah this is gonna be the bestest, look at that guest list!

Can I be hard instead?

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that at least grz and I are hard too.

#310596 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Jlego on 02 February 2012 - 05:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Got off monday from work, totally in.

#303852 Avatars

Posted by Jlego on 25 August 2011 - 11:15 PM in Site Feedback

I notice a severe lack of ponies.
This is unacceptable.
All that's there is -a- picture from the crappy 3rd generation. More ponies would make nerfhaven 20% cooler.

That picture was most likely uploaded by Julie, you're lucky there's even that much.

The fact you you deem this "lack of ponies" to be unacceptable is insulting because not every 20-30 something manchild is a bronie, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
And your comic.
It's really that bad.

If you honestly think we need to be 20% cooler, you should rethink your membership here.
Also being able to read as many as 4 posts of history in a thread before you post something irrelevant is a skill you should learn.

#302404 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by Jlego on 27 July 2011 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

1- 4 Team Deathmatch
2- U3 Objective
3- Full Roster Deathmatch
4- Deathmatch
5- 4 Team Deathmatch
6- Deathmatch
7- Deathmatch
8- Full Roster Deathmatch
9- Deathmatch

No need to type all that out myself <3

Just a heads up gang. I will definitely be there. I have interest in only playing a gunslinger round or two if at all. Otherwise I am more than happy to help facilitate rounds.

Fuck yes.

#297835 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Jlego on 04 May 2011 - 02:04 AM in Homemades

Last year, Split and I wanted to have a gentleman’s wager, over the redesign of the +bow. We never really wrapped it up, but I missed the deadline by a bit if I remember correctly and what have you. First time it got used was May last year when I got to chill with the U3 and all my NJ friends. Anyways, a while before this wager, I had made a Solidworks model of the +bow and set to modifying it to change little things that I thought could use improvements. Making this model was at times.... frusterating.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Still, once this was all done, I could pretty much do whatever I wanted, in theory. This lead to the following final product:
Posted Image
Every piece of this +bow at one point or another touched either a mill or lathe. One of the features is a rectangular plunger rod like rev one but made of aluminum with lathed polycarb plunger head and nylon spacer in the middle of the skirt.
Posted Image
One of the other improvements I was looking for was to make it a little shorter than the normal +bow.
Posted Image
I also added some ¾” foam to the back of the stock for comfort.
Posted Image
Just before we (the LGLF) invaded Canadia, I decided to fix one last issue, where the 2 side plates meet was starting to crack a little bit… so I milled this 1/8” deep in the PC:
Posted Image
Here’s a couple more shots just because it’s been my primary for almost a year now and I never thought anything could replace my crossbow. This gun is the summary of a lot of work and effort and I don’t know what I’d be using without it. Three of the other features that were improvements from the get go were a comfy handle, a 3/4" nylon rod as the top stock support, which coupled with a 1/2" wide priming grip means there is no chance of any kind of face diddle ever, as well as having the bushing entirely inside the plunger tube and mounted 15/16" back so the support won't be snapping. ever. I would expect the bushing to break first, honestly. Lots of little details make this what it is.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More recently, I was commissioned by Lucian to tune up his TornadoBow… which ended up being a lot of work, but it’s pretty freakin cool, totes worth the work. This was the first bunch of parts I made, I eventually had to change the catch, but it was worth it.
Posted Image
http://www.midnightr...ow/capture1.bmp
Posted Image
The final parts and setup were as follows, using a 9in [k25]:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And very lastly, this arrived in the mail tomorrow, it is my new favorite vise ever. www.littlemachineshop.com because it’s a fantastic resource.
Posted Image

#297458 April Jersey War

Posted by Jlego on 23 April 2011 - 01:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Don't think I can make this one, as much as I reallllllllly would like to.

Good luck with the policia though, I should see anyone who comes to Grz's PA war the next weekend if finals don't punch me square in the dick.

#297275 Phoenix Down! Rising From the Ashes! May 7th!

Posted by Jlego on 18 April 2011 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Tentative yes.
Excited. Aroused.

#296595 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Jlego on 25 March 2011 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm always down for deal, will see you all there. Staging area by the bunker?

I vote Tindall.

If I could "like" a post, I'd be doing it now.

I would be ALL OVER THIS (also I could search for my barrel some more...)

I'd rather change venues than be dick deep in rainwater in Toms River.

This is the truth.

#296101 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Jlego on 16 March 2011 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than 2 weeks out.

Planning on making this, should be quite an event.

#294891 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Jlego on 22 February 2011 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

This is why I love you.

<3

This mod is definintly going on my to-do list.
Are you going to replace the spring or anything along those lines?

That is one of the potential improvements, specifically re-enforcing the spring rest and adding a [k25], a [k26] is most likely too much, you have to remember this is a pull gun, and as nice as showing off your guns is, stability is something to consider. This is also partly because the best method I've seen for firing it is to pull it all the way back and hold your thumb on the back of the gun, firing it by pulling the last half inch or so back with your thumb on the back of the gun. That could prove difficult with a [k26] or anything more powerful. Definitely a good idea though.

Holy shit. Well done indeed.

I'll be the dick and ask how far the darts are traveling out of that beast.

HA! Was wondering how long that would take. I honestly haven't range tested it before, but at all the wars I've used/langley has used it at, it's great, somewhere around xbow ranges. When all this snow lets up, I'll do a quick range test to give you something more quantitative.

#294882 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Jlego on 21 February 2011 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

This mod was originally created before Apoc '10 in Split's workshop in an effort to make the seal on the plunger tube perfect, as this is the absolute biggest issue on the Arrowstorm. The original idea was to completely replace the plunger tube, but that seemed like such a waste, as the original plunger tube has such ample volume to work with. By chance, I realized that the ID of the plunger tube is VERY similar to that of the +bow, so I grabbed a spare skirt seal I had and went to work. The results were pretty fantastic, and I decided to purchase another one to do a write-up for. (shoutout to Ubermensch for a good sale)
Posted Image
The airflow between the plunger tube and the turret is pretty sad, for what it is. It can be widened to 7/16" without compromising the seal to the turret. This can be done with a dremel/drill/exacto/sandpaper, just be careful, alright?
Posted Image
Here is the stock Arrowstorm plunger head assembly, great, but the existing seal only makes a good seal for the last inch or so of travel, WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Posted Image
So just rip off the old seal, which is garbage. You'll notice that either a U-cup seal or skirt seal will work, however the skirt seal seems to have less friction towards the end of travel.
Posted Image
Drill a hole in as close as you can get to the dead center of the plunger head (diameter of 27/32" if you really needed to know, 7/8" if you don't wanna go to nuts)
Posted Image
Next, cut a circle of 1/8" polycarb, between 1" and 1+1/8" in diameter with a 1/8 hole (up to 5/32, if you care) in the center. I chose to put a 1/16" thick washer in the middle of the plunger head to relive stress on the skirt seal.
Then use a 6-32 bolt to assemble your plunger head, doesn't matter if the phillips head is on the outside or inside, you can do whichever if you have a longer screwdriver or socket wrench. You can check to make sure it's airtight by blowing air in the back of the plunger head assembly and see if any air escapes. If you've done all of this right, you should have something like what you see below. Throw a bunch of silicone lube/whatever you want on the inside of the tube and on the skirt seal.
Posted Image

That is what most people need, the rest of this write-up to show how to make perfect rear loading ports.
Posted Image
First off, choose your barrel material and length, cut all 6 barrels, and add enough electrical tape to secure them in place right up against the taper for the plunger tube's nesting point.
Posted Image
You can glue them in place, but if you use the electrical tape properly, it's not necessary.
Posted Image
Once the barrels are mounted, take a sharpie and put electrical tape on it so that both sections of electrical tape on the marker are the same as the ID of the barrel material (it should slide in and out fairly easily).
Posted Image
Assemble your Arrowstorm completely now, and drop the sharpie down the four barrels that should be rear loading (make sure they hit bottom) Now disassemble your Arrowstorm once more!
Posted Image
Now use the sharpie mark for the center of the rear loading holes.
Posted Image
A good way to do that is to drill a 7/64" hole and tap it with a 6-32 bit. Use a screw to attach a washer, I used a 1" diameter washer with a 1/8" hole in the middle.
Posted Image
Trace around the washers with a sharpie and then remove the washers.
Posted Image
Dremel/drill/whatever until you're up to the sharpie mark. Seems to work quite well, all the holes were just the right size for the washers to fit though. Finish with sandpaper, I used 400 grit, seemed to work great.
Posted Image
Looks off center in the pic, but it is quite well centered.

That's about it, I have a couple more ideas, but it's gonna be a while before I get around to them, so I figured I'd post this for you all to enjoy in the meantime. Also I don't think I cursed enough in there, fuck it all, props to my boizzzz over at #nerfhaven.
Questions? Shoot!

EDIT: Picture links have been corrected, thanks to WSU Cowboy and LordNikonX for bugging me to get this fixed. I may have an addendum to this mod at sometime in the future.

#292473 Grid Code 2

Posted by Jlego on 09 January 2011 - 03:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm unemployed, and have a girlfriend who may or may not come to this war too! To think, all this time I've been keeping that shit to myself. WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON! LETS B FRIENDS 4 EVR!

<3 phil

Not sure exactly what this semester will bring, but I'm going to try my damnedest to be there regardless of whatever games types get played. Also, currently no plans and no syllabuses so I don't have a great picture of what's in store for me.

#287846 Talio's War

Posted by Jlego on 03 November 2010 - 10:56 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going to make it next weekend. Also, I hear you want to go no-hoppers for this? Silly viking.

My attendance is also rather doubtful, but I do love me some speedloaders, don't listen to Split <3

#287279 Talio's War

Posted by Jlego on 20 October 2010 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to make this, but we'll see what happens with school and work around whenever this is.

#286452 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by Jlego on 02 October 2010 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Consider this your 3 weeks fucking notice.

Posted Image

Larger version if anyone wants it.

Edit: Profanity.

#285822 Pow! September: "pennsylvania Is A Big State"

Posted by Jlego on 21 September 2010 - 01:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Special Info:
As a result of a recent trip to an undisclosed location for an undisclosed war with undisclosed nerfers,
Pittsburgh will henceforth ban "Slug" style darts for anyone not documented as using them, and strongly
encourages those who use these darts to convert to a more manly dart style.

Can't make this one, but with rules like these, I'll be sure to make another one of these. (fuck yes domed slings)

#285640 A Real Man's Birthday

Posted by Jlego on 18 September 2010 - 02:07 AM in Off Topic

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, this thread definately brought a smile to my face. 24 is a boring age, but it's an excuse for a good time (crazy food, booze, bad movies, skipping class... check)!

MANY <3'S TO MY BROSEPH GRZ OVER THERE

And if you don't want to hear about my dick, why'd you get me drunk, Vacc?

#285637 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by Jlego on 18 September 2010 - 02:02 AM in Off Topic

Super happy birthday to grz, our resident movie star, may Ellen Page show up oh his door inexplicably!

See you today with any luck, you beautiful so-and-so <3