jackalelf's Content

There have been 17 items by jackalelf (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62649 Stefans

Posted by jackalelf on 28 August 2005 - 12:31 PM in Homemades

This is *not* the generic "How do you make a Stefan dart" question.

About two years ago, I purchased the Bandit Toy Crossbow.
http://www.backyarda...ery.com/barnet/ (to see a picture of it)
Some guy said that it could shoot Nerf Megas rather well. I tried it out, and it did, in fact, shoot Nerf Megas rather well. My question here is, would it be plausible to make a dart that is 3/4", and not 5/8". I ask this because although the crossbow fires Megas reasonably well, the actual barrel (or half barrel) is just a tad bit wider than 3/4". When I said Nerf Megas fire well earlier, I lied. I meant Nerf Mega Whistlers. Because the tip is much wider than an ordinary Nerf Mega, it is able to fit better into the crossbow than a standard Nerf Mega. I do know that there is foam backer rod available in 3/4" size, but I'm not sure if my local hardware store has 3/4". What would a plausible length for a 3/4" dart be? Perhaps 2.5"? 3"? And should I use 3/0 fishing weight?

#34241 Rock, Paper, Saddam

Posted by jackalelf on 18 August 2004 - 01:05 AM in Off Topic

Two papers are better. Two papers cover the rock TWICE. That fucking rock ain't going NOWHERE =P

#23885 Just A Thought

Posted by jackalelf on 09 April 2004 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

Okay, well, the thought just came to me when I was eating popcorn. :rolleyes:

#23881 Just A Thought

Posted by jackalelf on 09 April 2004 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

This is just a random thought, but you could use unpopped corn kernels to replace bb's and fishing weights when you make homemade darts.

#19897 Crayola Barrel Question

Posted by jackalelf on 25 February 2004 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

k i just made my first crayola barrel and im wondering should the barrel have three plastic thingys on the walls of inside the barrel?

#19790 Sm 1500 Question

Posted by jackalelf on 24 February 2004 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

ya i did that already, so i can just pry off the case?

#19786 Sm 1500 Question

Posted by jackalelf on 24 February 2004 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

like when im opening the case, just well, literally, ripping apart thetwo halves of the case. the top doesnt seem to want to budge, but the bottom opens up easily.

#19784 Sm 1500 Question

Posted by jackalelf on 24 February 2004 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

ok im trying to mod my new sm 1500. I was wondering if i should just rip out the casing because it seems like it will break.

#19247 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 17 February 2004 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Haha no wonder it didn't stay on. I put a microscopic amount (no, not really) of the stuff on and waited 5 hours. Thx THIRST.

#19242 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 17 February 2004 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

Thank you THIRST for backing me up, lets see. If u do have a tech target, and have some free time on your hands, go ahead and take out the catch spring. O, and J_cobbers, you should try it out too if you have one. Its not like the catch piece is being squeezed by the casing, so gravity does have an effect on it.

Note: If I do find my lost spring, then all is well. If I don't, all is still well. I'm not spending like a dollar on a spring that I don't really need.

Another note: This is my very first subject I brought up here at NerfHaven. It already has more than ten posts (half of them are mine, some of which are worthless!).

While I'm at it, what should I use to stick my 1/2 PVC barrel onto my plunger tube thingy? Cuz I tried Plumber's Goop, but it didn't stay very well.

#19203 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 17 February 2004 - 10:41 AM in Modifications

Well, after reading over your "in depth" explanation of what the catch spring does, i tested it out. Without the catch spring, i assembled everything as a stock gun. When i fired, however, the dart actually came out at the same distance as before. Then i pulled back the plunger, and SLOWLY pulled off the casing. Looking at the plastic where the catch spring goes, it somehow was pushed DOWN, as if the spring was still there. I think because of how gravity pulls it down, like when you are holding the gun regularly, the catch will naturally fall down, stimulating an actual spring's job.

In conclusion, I think the catch spring for the TTG is unnecesssary, unless you like to hold your gun upside down or something, I dunno. I think we all agree on the fact that looking for a lost catch spring can be irritating, time-consuming, and frustating, much like how this reply is.

#19198 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 17 February 2004 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

k im having ANOTHER problem (well, not really). While modding my gun, my catch spring (or something like that, i dunno) flew out, and i can't find it. Does anybody know wat it does and whether or not i need it?

O, and Talio, do u mean attaching the length of PVC (which happens to be 9 inches) to the plastic casing aroung the spring? Cuz that would just be replacing 4-6 inches with 9 inches.

#19176 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 16 February 2004 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

O. Thx for telling me.

#19156 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 16 February 2004 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

thx rag!

#19149 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 16 February 2004 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Corrosponding with my previous question, i picked up a chunk of 1/2 PVC. I need to know what size i should cut it, similar to Ragnarok's old modification, except with PVC and not brass.

#19127 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 16 February 2004 - 02:29 AM in Modifications

well thanks anyways for the link and your advice, im going to start tomorrow.

#19125 Tech Target Question

Posted by jackalelf on 16 February 2004 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

ok im new at modding and i need to know what i should use as a barrel for the tech target. I need sizes to fit stock micros and megas.