Photo

Sm 1500 Question

8 replies to this topic

#1 jackalelf

jackalelf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:20 PM

ok im trying to mod my new sm 1500. I was wondering if i should just rip out the casing because it seems like it will break.

#2 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

Alright alright...what? What do you mean by just ripping out the case? Clarification please? I can't help you if I don't know what you mean.
Spectre of the CFM

#3 jackalelf

jackalelf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:27 PM

like when im opening the case, just well, literally, ripping apart thetwo halves of the case. the top doesnt seem to want to budge, but the bottom opens up easily.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:30 PM

Unscrew the dart holder.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 jackalelf

jackalelf

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:35 PM

ya i did that already, so i can just pry off the case?

#6 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:11 PM

Make sure that ALL of the screws are completely out. Some like to stay partially inside even after you've unscrewed them. If worse comes to worst, you could just pry it apart, but try finding that little secret thing that makes everything so much easier. Don't break it though.

[EDIT] vv OMC, that's what I was thinking. When I opened my 1500, I had no problems with it, other than a couple screws not wanting to come out all the way. A few more twists with the screwdriver helped that. I'm just wondering, is it and old 1500 (looks like a large pistol), or a new 1500 (looks like something that was shat out of a camel and vomitted on)?

Edited by Spectre2689, 25 February 2004 - 03:39 PM.

Spectre of the CFM

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:21 PM

Dude you have to be missing a screw. I can't tell you how many nerf blasters I've taken apart, and NEVER once has one been glued or epoxied together. Check and double check every damn screw.
I hate you.

#8 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:22 PM

make sure you take off that thing where the pump is and the cap on the back(that may only be on the old sm 1500). That should be what you are missing otherwise check for screws.

#9 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:09 PM

If your SM1500 is a newer model, most likely the case was glued together near the top. The same thing was done to my SM5K, which also was a newer model.

First, make sure that it isn't something obvious that's holding apart the two case halves... (I.e. Cap near the pump, screws, etc.)... The only way to do it is either rip them both apart (most likely will cause some damage to the case) or use a flathead screwdriver, locate where they're glued together, and run it down the length of the gun so it splits the two halves.

~Mystic~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users