nerfdartsmith21's Content

There have been 34 items by nerfdartsmith21 (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#289467 Nerf War Hosting

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 30 November 2010 - 07:32 AM in Nerf Wars

In general, you should make sure with the park administrator that it is okay to play with nerf blasters on their ground. Unless you're renting the park you usually don't have to pay, but some parks do have admission fees. Yes, any nerfer can do it.

#289459 Barrel Tapping - A Cheap Shot?

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 30 November 2010 - 06:34 AM in General Nerf

But you see, most rules state that once you barrel tap, you must shoot your dart into the ground. If it doesn't, well the tapee is not out.

#286800 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 11 October 2010 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe, depends on this question: How do you explain your modified nerf blasters in your trunk to border security?

I've crossed the border for two wars now, and going across is pretty simple. Sure, I get weird looks when I tell them I'm going to a Nerf War, but having a regular suction dart handy helps explain you're pretty harmless. Getting into Canada is the least of your worries, just be sure you know your stuff for typical border questions (where you're going, how long you'll be there, occasionally questions like where you're staying or how much money is available on your credit card. Stuff that is kinda-to-not relevant, but mainly for gauging if you're some evil person messing with the Canucks.)

I've never had to mention that my stuff is modified. Just tell them what you're there for, make sure everything in your trunk looks legit (as always, black-painted nerf guns are not a good idea), and you're 99% of the time on your way.

I have had things searched coming back to the states, but didn't have a problem there, either. Honesty really works wonders. Besides, if you're really admitting to doing something like a Nerf War, more than likely they aren't viewing you as the party-hard until you go to jail type. I mean, honestly, we're playing with kiddie toys as far as they're concerned...

Alright, thank you. Just checked my schedule, can't make it.

#286784 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 11 October 2010 - 06:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe, depends on this question: How do you explain your modified nerf blasters in your trunk to border security?

#284668 Quick Question About Big Blasts

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 03 September 2010 - 06:22 AM in General Nerf

It's also possible to create your own homemade lever trigger.

If I don't get a level trigger one I will definitely try this. Thank you!

The box should say something along the lines of "Blasts missiles 30' " if it's a lever trigger. Also my lever trigger BBBB box said 2005 on it.

Alrighty then, thanks cherrios!

#284635 Quick Question About Big Blasts

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 02 September 2010 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Who exactly did you ask? From the outside they look almost exactly the same, I'm not sure of any differences you can spot with external shots of the two versions side by side. If the box says 2009, then it is for sure not a lever trigger though.

I asked customer service on dartzmart.com. Oh, okay, thanks for the info blue.

#284612 Quick Question About Big Blasts

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 02 September 2010 - 04:58 PM in General Nerf

So I have a question, I am interested in getting a big blast. When I asked if it the big blast online was 2010 version with level trigger, they responded with: I checked our version and it came out in 2009, I know that Lanard came out with a version similar to the Big Blast, but this is the only version I am aware of for Buzz Bee Toys. As far as the trigger, the bridge underneath the trigger is level, but the trigger itself is concaved.

Is that the level trigger one? Thanks in advance.

#284489 Bolt Release

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 01 September 2010 - 06:41 AM in Modifications

What else am I supposed to do with a longstrike?

I don't know, AR removal, spring replacement, oh and a brass breech sound like good ideas.

All are already done.

Then you're done, longstrike's can't be modded worth crap anyway. But just because you're bored with it doesn't mean you make it more impractical than it already is.

Oh and floppyjack, another problem with this thing is that it might shred/jam darts.

#284438 Bolt Release

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 31 August 2010 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

What else am I supposed to do with a longstrike?

I don't know, AR removal, spring replacement, oh and a brass breech sound like good ideas.

#284433 Bolt Release

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 31 August 2010 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Woops, computer screwed up. Sorry.

#284432 Bolt Release

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 31 August 2010 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

If you don't know already, this is a button which throws the bolt forward when pressed.

This might be a dumb question, but isn't that the trigger?

No, the trigger makes the plunger go forward, this makes the bolt sled go forward.

What's the point of having a release, when you are just gonna release it anyways before you shoot? Nerfdartsmith21 is right, you should just have an extension spring, rubber band or something in there to make the bolt go forward. No need for a release.

And when I need to reload?

See? This bolt release thing you speak of is completely unnecessary. Is it really that difficult to push the bolt forward? Or do you have carpal tunnel?

#284420 Bolt Release

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 31 August 2010 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

If you don't know already, this is a button which throws the bolt forward when pressed.

This might be a dumb question, but isn't that the trigger?

EDIT: Oh, and I think instead of adding a release button, you're better off just adding a one of those springs with 2 ends like ones in the Maverick (sorry lacking terminology).

#284362 Mafia/ Shrub B-day War

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 30 August 2010 - 03:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come, if my parents are up to the 4 1/2 hour car drive.

#284254 First Documented Hopper Clip Usage In Nerf

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 29 August 2010 - 06:20 AM in General Nerf

Claiming you invented it first helps no one. Improving it, you help everyone. Hell, that's what I did.

Yet you still named it after yourself? Anyway, everyone who posted here but Nerfer9 is right, inventing it without documenting it isn't going to help anyone.

#283594 Crossbow Catch Questions

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 20 August 2010 - 11:55 AM in Homemades

From the directory:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=17610
There's a scale diagram.

I also have writeups for 3-4 types of homemade internals for the crossbow that I'll put up soon.

Yeah, I saw that. What do you mean by center thickness should be 1/16?

#283588 Crossbow Catch Questions

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 20 August 2010 - 09:51 AM in Homemades

Okay, I'm making homemade internals for my nerf crossbow. I have everything down pat except for one thing: The crossbow catch. Does anyone know the dimensions of a homemade crossbow catch. Before you ask, I searched to no avail. I looked at Draconis's crossbow catches and tried to replicate that, but I don't know if my dimensions are correct (Drac, that's your cue to post).

#283479 Mino

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 19 August 2010 - 06:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in for this as well just need to know about a week in advance for a date. As far as right now, my fall is pretty open.

May be able to convince one or two more people to come along too. I'd also be willing to throw in my cooler and some waters if it's still going to be hot out. You never know with the weather in Michigan.

Also if it works out that I can make it. I'll be bringing many spare blasters/parts for selling and trading.

That would be great, though I think we need a couple more people before we finalize a date.

#283331 Mino

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 August 2010 - 12:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make it 3rd through 5th, how do you like the 28th of August?

#283312 Mino

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 August 2010 - 09:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay, I have just about been dying for a nerf war in Michigan, so I'm trying to get one together now.

Location: Gallop Park? If you have a better location feel free to suggest.
When: September 1-2? Late August? Just trying to see what people can make it to.
Time: It'll probably last from 10:00 to 3:00 or 4:00.

Bring:
A friend or two.
Darts, and lots of them
At least one primary, I recommend bringing at least 2.
A pistol would be nice too, but I don't think we'll end up playing pistols only rounds.
A good attitude.
Mobstacles if you have them.
Water and food, there really aren't any food places around. Be sure to bring lots of water, we don't want anybody dying on us.

Just some rules:
1.Banned blasters: Singled and plugged titans, BBBB's, LBB's, Nat Geo's, and Signal Launchers. I also reserve the right to spot ban any blaster.

2.Darts must have a cloth, foam, glue or rubber cover. No exposed weights.
3.Don't be a asshole, I fish in this park at least twice a month and pretty much all the locals know me, if you make me look bad I will load up a couple slingshot darts and shoot you.
4.No obscene language, parents with kids use this park.
5. Be smart, don't bring a nerf blaster that looks real.
6. Eye protection is mandatory, you wear it, or you leave.
7. Oh and no slingshot darts.
Gameplay:
I don't know what you guys like to play so we can decide later on.

Other notes:
If you are in High School or older, you will be older than me and my friends. So feel free to take over if you want, we can work it out over pm's. I just wanted to get something started.

Definites:
nerfdartsmith21+1-15?

Maybes:
flashflint+3?

#282423 Possibly The Simplest Way To Make A Homemade Wye

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 07 August 2010 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

I would recommend using a miter box to make straight cuts. Otherwise, very inventive and nice job.

#282319 Slambow Video

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 06 August 2010 - 01:12 PM in Homemades

Wait a second Fome, a nerf war is just a game of tag. Not World War Bajillion and Five, I'm sure anyone who isn't absolutely crazy knows in games like this, it's more about having fun than winning. Split did a very good job with the Slambow and it's slamfiring mechanisim. Your toggle switch idea is very nice, but how about presenting it to him nicely or even better, doing it!!! No need to call Split an egotistical douche. Anyway, great job Split, can't wait to see the writeup.

#280860 Nerf Big Blast On Target

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 21 July 2010 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

This should go in the product awareness thread (Sorry if this is backseat moderating).

#280518 Another Homade Wye Guide

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 July 2010 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

Have you tested this yet? It seems like the dart would get snagged on the Tee, where it goes from the 45 to a 90 degree angle.

A wye is built like that. Remember, he cut the "tee" part of the Tee Coupler off.

#280492 Another Homade Wye Guide

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 July 2010 - 11:32 AM in Homemades

Very nice, I like this very much. The only thing I would worry about is stability, but I guess something like amazing goop would hold it together well.

#277812 Build Your Own Mobstacles

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 15 June 2010 - 05:50 PM in Homemades

Woah!!!!! Ryan McNumbers sews!?!?!?!?! Not saying thats a bad thing though.

#277502 Angel Breech Longshot Pull Back Help

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 12 June 2010 - 07:22 AM in Modifications

J-B Weld is the best thing for this. I tried three separate kinds of epoxies before J-B Weld, and they all broke with just a few primes.

I still want to do the pull back mod though. So please stop commenting on glue and inform me on how to do the pull back mod please.

#277275 Angel Breech Longshot Pull Back Help

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 09 June 2010 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Fishing Glue is stronger than other cyanoacrylic glues, yadda, yadda. You can read all the claims at the web site. Krazy Glue, Plumber's Goop, Marine Epoxy all failed for me. Besides, the purpose of the write-up is to show what works - if you want to stray off the reservation, your mileage will likely vary.

Well I guess I'm better off buying fishing glue then.

#277232 Angel Breech Longshot Pull Back Help

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 09 June 2010 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

So I saw FA_24's angel breech modification and saw that he used fishing glue to glue the orange nub and boltsled to the brass. I really don't want to buy fishin glue and was wondering how do you do the pull back mod? Do you glue the wire to (my wire can hold up to 90 pounds so I don't worry about that snapping) the end of the plunger with the indent (which I'm better of just buying fishin glue and not doing a pull back mod)? Or do you drill a hole and tie a knot through the hole. Or if there is something else I overlooked or forgot that you guys, the NIC do to do the pull back angel breech modification? Thanks in advance!

#271924 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 11 April 2010 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Modified AT2k, 6 inch PETG barrels, plugged pump.

#271079 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 02 April 2010 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Lanard Shotgun, 9" Mcmaster Petg barrels, longshot spring added, better seal, spring reorientation, rear loading. This thing gets 80-90 feet flat. My new primary.

#269836 Scorpion Ldr

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 21 March 2010 - 04:55 PM in Homemades

Nice! But as pjotrkuh said, I'm not sure painting it totally black is a good idea. If your neighbor or someone sees it, chances are they'll call the police.

#265757 Zbreech

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 February 2010 - 04:16 PM in Homemades

Nice job, could you tell us in depth how to make it? Anyways, keep up the good work!

#265718 Blaster Classification/rating System

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 17 February 2010 - 07:58 AM in General Nerf

This is actually pretty cool and useful, nice work.

#262808 Raider Issue

Posted by nerfdartsmith21 on 23 January 2010 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

I had this exact same problem! I got so pissed I took the whole thing apart and riped out the slam fire internals. To make it worth taking apart the gun i cut part of the handle off and screwed a 2" pvc pipe onto the front to make it like a shotgun. I also did a lot of other mods to it and am painting it now. I might post a writeup when I am finished painting it. :D

-nate483

I think that it's just a flaw or purposely built into the raider. Because the same is happening to me and probably other people.