Possibly The Simplest Way To Make A Homemade Wye

Very Similer to xet's

4 replies to this topic

#1 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

After seeing xet's version of the homemade wye (link), I was inspired to make my own and see if it worked. So I present to NerfHaven my homemade wye!

Materials:
Half inch PVC tee
Half inch PVC elbow (the 90 degree one)
A Dremel with a cutting disc and sanding drum
Hot glue gun and glue sticks

Step One: Get your PVC tee.
Posted Image
Now cut off the top part as shown here:
Posted Image
It should now look like this:
Posted Image

Step Two: Get your PVC elbow.
Posted Image
Now cut it down the middle as shown.
Posted Image

Step Three: Sand both of the pieces you just cut so they are as flat as possible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Step Four: Sand inside the tee on the side that you plan to insert you barrel. This will ensure easy feeding.
Posted Image

Step Five: Glue both pieces together.
Posted Image

And now you're done! All you have to do is attach a clip, a barrel, and a blaster and you have a fully functioning homemade hopper clip!

I give credit to xet for the idea of this project.

-Abyss Mods

#2 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Another thing you could do is add a nail at the right spot so the darts don't feed the wrong way, like the ones on Split's hoppers.

#3 nerfdartsmith21

nerfdartsmith21

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

I would recommend using a miter box to make straight cuts. Otherwise, very inventive and nice job.

#4 Abyss Mods

Abyss Mods

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

Lotus: Good idea. I'll try that on this wye since I'm going to be using this on my HAMP.

nds21: The reason I used an elbow was because I don't have a miter box and i figured that cutting the elbow like that would get me as close to 45 degrees as possible. And thanks! :)

#5 Y-Brik

Y-Brik

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

I've done the same thing with a miter box (tip: stand the tee up vertically when sawing off the 3rd leg- it keeps everything centered best.) and a 45-degree fitting solvent welded together. This setup is fantastic as it's actually cheaper than the base price of a wye (sans shipping), and can be made into other sizes as needed. ALso, I'm finding my wyes work with streamlines, something I understand the Flex versions do not do. Excuse me, I'm off to try to make a 1-piece Chopper fitting.

As I said I have not not alot of testes yet but I will be once I finish the mod.

Why I am boycotting Hasbro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users