MavericK96's Content

There have been 171 items by MavericK96 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#334952 Nerf Centurion - Streamline/elite conversion

Posted by MavericK96 on 21 October 2013 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Would love to snag one of these at about half that price.

#333276 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by MavericK96 on 20 August 2013 - 01:59 AM in Modifications

I HAD to cut down that white piece to get my modded Stampede (9kg spring and 14.4v battery packs) to stop auto-firing. I think it ended up being about 60% of the thing cut off for me before it worked.

#332965 SledgeFire A/R Removal

Posted by MavericK96 on 13 August 2013 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Okay, so, as an update, I removed the ARs and it works fine now with the peg-less shells. Fires really well and has a nice "THUMP", even with normal (non-slug) darts.

I still don't really know for sure what was causing the issue, but after some testing I think I might have an idea.

I noticed that only the bottom (center) one would fire a good distance, EVEN IF there were no other darts in any other barrels. So, for example, I put a dart in one of the upper side-by-side slots, and they would fire like crap. Put one dart in the single bottom slot, and they would fire great. I tried rotating the shell, and still only the bottom single slot would fire correctly.

My theory is that after cutting the pegs out you end up with a bit of space where the AR can accidentally slide inside the rear of the dart, instead of being opened by the edge of the dart as it should. For whatever reason, even though the dead space is the same on each shell slot, the bottom AR has less "give" or something (less wiggle room for the AR peg to become misaligned) and that is why that one works. I did fiddle with pushing down the ARs a bit and it did seem that the top two had more "wiggle" than the bottom.

So with this theory it's entirely possible that, depending on your blaster, it may or may not work properly depending on the tolerance of the ARs.

If it's not that, then I seriously have no clue. It shouldn't actually matter either way if the ARs were designed properly to not wiggle around, but the center piece of the dart peg apparently keeps them stable whereas without that part, they can slip and not fire properly.

#332933 SledgeFire A/R Removal

Posted by MavericK96 on 12 August 2013 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Using stock darts...Will try slugs to see what happens, but it really is strange because the pegs don't actually contact the inside of the dart, so the friction should not be any different.

EDIT: White foam slugs work fine, but you really have to jam them down in there...lots of friction. I'll probably just have to remove the ARs I guess, which is fine.

#332927 SledgeFire A/R Removal

Posted by MavericK96 on 12 August 2013 - 02:54 PM in Modifications

I haven't removed the AR yet on my Sledgefire, but one interesting (and kind of lame) thing I noticed is that after I removed the posts from one of the shells, the darts don't fire evenly out of that shell anymore. Which makes very little sense, since the posts don't hold down the AR pegs or anything, the dart itself does that. Basically what will happen, though, is that one dart will fire really far and the others will kind of just flop out about 5-10 feet in front of the gun. My only guess is that maybe removing the pegs somehow made the darts fire out less evenly, causing most of the air to go through one slot and not the others. However, this doesn't really make sense because I cut out each peg evenly and the darts are identical.

I assume doing an AR removal would solve this, but I'd kinda hate to lose the ability to fire less than 3 darts at once.

#329774 The Rapidstrike CS-18, a Sneak Peak

Posted by MavericK96 on 13 May 2013 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

I could see picking one of these up if it was just a simple voltage mod to get it going that fast. Could use my 7.2v battery packs with it instead of the Stampede (which has had many annoying problems).

#328078 Image of New Elite Blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 March 2013 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

If it is indeed a flywheel blaster, it makes me wonder how fast the ROF could really be with flywheels, seeing as they slow down a bit every time you fire.

#321004 Need Help Identifying Gun

Posted by MavericK96 on 25 August 2012 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

I used to have two Super Soaker 50s. Those are knock-offs for sure.

#320946 Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions

Posted by MavericK96 on 24 August 2012 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

Would be cool if you actually had some info about what replacement motor would be suitable, because AFAIK most of the aftermarket motors people have found are too big and require reaming out the plastic inside to get it to fit.

#320878 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

Running ICS 4.0.4, stock Samsung.

#320829 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:23 AM in General Nerf

Gave this a shot on my Galaxy S III, worked great. One thing I'd love to see is maybe links to some other major Nerf-related forums as well, like Nerf Revolution and SGNerf. Just an idea since, as someone was saying, this seems more like a "NIC" app than a NerfHaven-only one.

#320828 30 round Absolver/shotgun attachment

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2012 - 11:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Nice, I really like that 6-barrel splitter piece. Never seen one of those when I was sourcing parts for Absolver-like shells. Certainly would make spacing the barrels and getting them straight a lot easier, though.

#320560 N-Strike Elite Stockade Review

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 August 2012 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Any idea if it is possible to use the Trustfire Lithium Ion batteries with this thing's motors to overvolt? Barricade had some good results with that.

#304159 Has anybody heard of this gun?

Posted by MavericK96 on 01 September 2011 - 01:35 AM in General Nerf

Based on the unboxing video, those are indeed the darts that come with it...they just happen to look (and probably pretty much are) EXACTLY like Nerf Streamlines.

#304158 New Buzzbee Hawk

Posted by MavericK96 on 01 September 2011 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

It would be a nice idea for buzzbee.

Anyways, just to let everyone know, I couldn't find I single previous buzzbee gun from the series there. Just new stuff, including:the rogue pistol, beserker-like maniac, new double shot edition, and others I didn't pay any attention to. I really think buzzbee is upping their game. Looking on the nerf section with a few re-painted white-outs, shifting my glance to the buzzbee section, with totally new stuff, no repaints, I'm really thinking buzzbee will be my preference over nerf sometime soon.

Yeah, they do have some pretty slick-looking offerings lately. One thing I think they need to do is do away with the suction-cup darts and get onboard with the streamline-types...flies farther and they (or equivalent) tend to be what most people use these days.

EDIT: One question...how much was it?

#304087 New Nerf Series!

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:51 PM in General Nerf

These seem pretty cool (nice ranges), but the accuracy is the only problem I can see. Seems like the discs fly pretty randomly even with no wind, and WITH wind...they just go nuts.

Might pick one up just to mess around with, though. Seems like fun.

#304086 Has anybody heard of this gun?

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Interesting that the darts and clip design look almost EXACTLY like Nerf's...

#304085 Help me identify this vintage blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

The blue one shown in the OP used those same bullets but they did not have the sticky thing on the front. So similar but wasn't quite the same.

#304084 New Buzzbee Hawk

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 August 2011 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

So are they going to offer replacement magazines for this? Because that was the main downfall of the RFR IMO...Fun to play with, but with only one mag it was pretty useless for anything else.

#303742 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by MavericK96 on 22 August 2011 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

I thought it was shiny and smooth. This looks rough. And if it is aluminium, I can't see how it could be much heavier then plastic. Maybe shortened streamlines would work better.

I don't see anywhere where it says they use aluminum. It says "metal alloy" and "stainless steel" both places where I can see on the site.

#303682 Help me identify this vintage blaster

Posted by MavericK96 on 21 August 2011 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

My mistake, I meant Tyco. Anyway, this thing most definitely does not glow in the dark. Sadly, as that would be awesome. :)

I used to have that thing! Can't remember the name, but it fired these soft yellow foam "bullets" with a bit of weight in the end of them. Uses a flywheel system.

#303307 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by MavericK96 on 13 August 2011 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

You guys seem to be avoiding the dart tag guns, any reason for that?

I'm guessing two possibilities:

1) They are still very new and haven't been completely "explored" yet by modders.

2) I have heard that those who have tried to mod them did not have much success because of how complex the internals were.

#303287 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by MavericK96 on 12 August 2011 - 11:29 PM in General Nerf

Copy pasta'd, not intending to sound like a jerk:
Q. Are you going to make a kit for the _?

A. As of July 2011, kits have been released for or are currently in the works for the following blasters:

Alpha Trooper CS-18
Barricade RV-10
Element EX-6
Firefly REV-8
Longshot CS-6
Longstrike CS-6
Maverick REV-6
Nite Finder EX-3
Raider CS-35
Recon CS-6
Stampede ECS
Vulcan EBF-25

Cool, I didn't see that list. Thanks. ^_^

#302737 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by MavericK96 on 02 August 2011 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

OMW: Any plans to release a Stampede kit?

#300675 Most durable bike pump?

Posted by MavericK96 on 28 June 2011 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

I use this one on my sprinkler valve shotgun attachment thing:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B000FI6XGC

Works great, is very light and compact, and does up to 160 PSI. Build quality feels very sturdy, too.

EDIT: Here's a picture of it next to a sprinkler valve (the PVC tank is 1" PVC)

Posted Image

#299860 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by MavericK96 on 14 June 2011 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

I'd like to see a full-metal internal kit for the Stampede. Using voltage mods it seems like there's a lot of stress on those moving parts in there.

#295990 Pvat V2.0

Posted by MavericK96 on 14 March 2011 - 12:50 AM in Homemades

Having put together a couple PVATs myself, I like this design. Seems like it's easier to assemble and seal than the original design. Nice work.

#292983 The Mave

Posted by MavericK96 on 16 January 2011 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

Isn't 27-35 ft about average for a standard modded Maverick anyway? Doesn't this just cut down the RoF by a ton?

I would have thought singling it would increase the range considerably. Either way, inventive mod.

#292411 Nerf Barricade - Mod Guide!

Posted by MavericK96 on 08 January 2011 - 01:00 AM in Modifications

If any real electronics experts out there can elaborate further on how the safety feature works, it would be helpful to us all. :)

If someone took a close-up detailed picture of the PCB I might be able to figure it out. B)

#292345 Nerf Barricade - Mod Guide!

Posted by MavericK96 on 06 January 2011 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know where to source those AAA to AA adapters for making the "empty" battery cells? The ones on DealExtreme look like they don't have a bottom piece (making them worthless for this applications) and they're out of stock anyway. I haven't been able to find ones like SGNerf uses online anywhere.

If I can't find any, I guess the only option is to find a bolt/wire to jam/solder in between the contacts in the gun itself with no casing.

I just bought a few of them... let me see if I can dredge up a location... I'll edit this post once I get the name of the company.

EDIT: I found the source: Click Here (2 Pack for 2.26 USD)

UPDATE:

So, after I ordered these (at least a couple weeks ago, in fact), I never heard anything until I finally got them today. And as it turns out, they are NOT the enclosed type with the spring that are shown in the picture, but rather the same as the ones DealExtreme makes (with no spring and simply an open bottom for the negative terminal). Obviously these don't work for the Barricade, so I'm kind of upset. I'll email the company, as you must have gotten the correct ones (I assume anyway) and they gave me the others.

#291841 R3l Re-shelled

Posted by MavericK96 on 30 December 2010 - 02:08 AM in Homemades

This looks awesome. The only thing better would be if you could get it working with the clip system.

#291586 Nerf Barricade - Mod Guide!

Posted by MavericK96 on 26 December 2010 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Batteries in parallel is not a super-great idea. If you are going to do it, though, make sure they are *identical* (and I do mean identical). Also, make sure they are at the same charge level.

And like SGNerf said, using 9-volt batteries isn't a good idea for this application because they have really low capacity, especially in a relatively high-current situation like this.

#291584 Dart Tag "swarmfire"

Posted by MavericK96 on 26 December 2010 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

If you can't wait for it to come out in the states, you can get it on ebay, if you want to spend the money.

Dart Tag 20 Swarm fire

You could buy like 4 Stampedes for that price. No thanks, lol.

I think I'd rather spend that kind of money on a +bow. Anyway, Who on earth named it anyway? (I mean which PERSON named it.)

Perhaps, but I meant in terms of a similar-type, stock blaster price comparison.

#291530 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by MavericK96 on 26 December 2010 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Interesting. I guess you said you moved the batteries to a belt pack because of the weight, but FYI two of those rechargeable packs will fit in the back stock without any modification. That's what I have, and it feels fine (certainly not any heavier than 6 D cell batteries, anyway).

Nice job on the front barrel cut-off with the white pieces. Looks more than halfways decent, which is hard to say for some other cut-off jobs I've seen. B) I like your battery connector solution, too.

EDIT: Also, regarding your battery question, the two 7.2v batteries read something like 16.7v fully-charged because 7.2v is just the battery's nominal voltage. A lot of the time full batteries will vary upwards of that by quite a bit.

(And it doesn't take an electrical engineer, but as it so happens, I am one. :P )

#291420 Dart Tag "swarmfire"

Posted by MavericK96 on 23 December 2010 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

If you can't wait for it to come out in the states, you can get it on ebay, if you want to spend the money.

Dart Tag 20 Swarm fire

You could buy like 4 Stampedes for that price. No thanks, lol.

#290528 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by MavericK96 on 09 December 2010 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Wow. This is the same price as a Maverick. I can see this replacing the maverick as the cheap, high ROF blaster for the little kiddies.

Making a Barricade Manta would be awesome. Dual wielding them...

It's not the same price as a Maverick. But it is a pretty good deal.

EDIT: On another note, It'd be cool to see this with a minimization mod as well, i.e. making the side parts that accommodated the turret smaller so the entire blaster could be thinner.

#290504 Spectre Rev-5 Mods

Posted by MavericK96 on 09 December 2010 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

One note to anyone attempting this mod:

I don't know how it was for the OP, but pulling the orange piece off the end of the metal cylinder rod was EXTREMELY difficult for me. Way more so than the Maverick. I pulled as hard as I could for about 15 minutes before it finally gave way, but in the process I ended up flinging the orange end piece and the spring to god knows where in my room. I will probably eventually find it again, but for the moment I'm stuck with a non-working blaster because the thing was so damn difficult to pull apart.

So I guess if anything this is just a warning that it may take a lot of force, and to be careful not to lose the orange piece and spring.

#290433 Strongarm Modification

Posted by MavericK96 on 07 December 2010 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

I've got one of these that I'd be willing to sell to someone.

#290432 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by MavericK96 on 07 December 2010 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

And just for the benefit of those that have never seen/fired one of these: how exactly does one prime an ultimator?

You "pump" the priming handle (i.e. lift it upward) about 20 times (however many times it takes for it to stop being prime-able). It's not an air pump, though, it just gradually draws back the plunger with each "pump".

#290272 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by MavericK96 on 06 December 2010 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

I've got an Ultimator, but no real desire to do this mod, although it is pretty sweet.

Maybe I'll sell it, though the shipping would be murder...