reversedracula's Content

There have been 163 items by reversedracula (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28535 My Idea

Posted by reversedracula on 14 June 2004 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

Doesn't sound like the friction is worth it. Also, I tried something like this once. The biggest problem was that the dart wouldn't go into the barrel properly as it was a tight fit. It would be slightly off and just crumple.

#28585 Tek Six - Any Ideas From The Mod Geniuses?

Posted by reversedracula on 15 June 2004 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

He's not the only one to have a tek ten rotting in the closet. My hexagonal barrel one that I've removed the barrel shafts from and tried to mess with is also sitting in my closet. We're all counting on you! If it doesn't happen, I'll try some crude mod with crayolas and goop for stock ammo or something along those lines by the end of the summer. Whatever you do, you can't get anything with a frictional barrel to fire from that gun. Indeed, the slight friction from the STOCK HEXAGONAL BARRELS is enough to make the gun screw up. Long story short, I'm still griping about how those barrels such and how much better the round-barreled tex ten is.

#28731 New Guns At Toys-r-us – Anybody Modded Them Yet?

Posted by reversedracula on 17 June 2004 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

My friend has the big foam missile launcher, whichever one that is. It's pretty sweet just to carry and make some noise with for a fear factor. We were recruiting at accepted students day at my college for our Nerf games, amongst other things, and I must say that that thing made quite an impression on folks just by holding it. As for its actual use, it's almost like having someone slowly throw a foam football at you. It gets about fifty feet but lacks accuracy. Still, it looks and sounds and feels like a demon.

#28806 Music To Nerf To

Posted by reversedracula on 18 June 2004 - 12:53 PM in Off Topic

I only Nerf to speed metal and classical music. And the occassional TV theme. Usually though, we don't have stereo equipment around when we're Nerfing in academic buildings at night though. :-P

#28974 Supermaxx 1500 Barrel Questions

Posted by reversedracula on 20 June 2004 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

I disagree, Tinkerer. The range increase in the ChainBlazer is very significant indeed, especially with such an unreliable rotator. Not only is it unreliable, but there's a piece on the rotator that rotates the items that's very prone to breaking and can't be repaired as easily as other rotators such as the AT4k. It's just a very tiny chunk of plastic that can't be gooped/epoxied on or healed otherwise. Even just some PVC for micro darts shoots about twice as far as the stock megadarts. As for using some bigger barrel or different dart... I'm a perpetual indoorsman Nerfer so I wouldn't know. I'm sure it's a similar deal with the Rototrack.

#28982 Disasters Galore

Posted by reversedracula on 20 June 2004 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

I accidentally got some hotglue too deep into my AT2k when I was replacing the barrels. I had to go in and scoop it out with my fingertip to prevent it from ruining the gun. I had nothing else nearby that would've worked. I had touched hotglue before, but disregarded what forming a fingerglove around my index finger would do. It made a warm little mitten. I saved the gun at least. I also resultantly use plumber's goop and epoxy for almost all of my adhesions and seals now.

#29000 Hey Gang!

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 12:08 AM in General Nerf

Normal Person + (Internet) Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad.

http://www.penny-arc...004-03-19&res=l

#29021 Pussies! (now Completely Dolphin Safe)

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

Waiting for Cxwq's posting today was like waiting for a Christmas gift. A crossbow Christmas gift.

Edit: Er, just checked his timestamp, seems I went to bed right before he posted, but you get the idea.

#29022 Powerclip Psi?

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 08:51 AM in Modifications

That sounds like the problem with my gun, where the purple cylinder behind the trigger wasn't sealed properly. You say you've checked all the connections; maybe you've missed that one. Maybe you didn't. I had that problem new in box. Good luck.

#29024 Hey Gang!

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 09:03 AM in General Nerf

On a countervailing note, I think he really got us good when he called us "publess." I don't think a one of us owns a public house or drinking establishment of any sort. Though some teetotlers and temperance advocates might disagree: Man, that sucks. There's just nothing you can say against that.

#29034 Pussies! (now Completely Dolphin Safe)

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 10:38 AM in Modifications

Looks like Ice Nine and I snagged the good new signatures.

For those of you unfamiliar with trolls, this is right out of the monster manual:

Large Giant
Hit Dice: 6d8+36 (63hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30ft
AC: 18 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +7 natural)
Attacks: 2 claws, +9 melee, bite +4 melee
Damage: Claw 1d6+6, bute 1d6+3
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5ft./10ft
Special Attacks: Rend 2d6+9
Special Qualities: Regeneration 5, scent, darkvision 90 ft.
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Iron Will

"Trolls are horrid carnivores found in all climes, from arctic wastelands to tropical jungles. Most creatures avoid these beasts, who know no fear and attack unceasingly when hungry. Trolls have ravenous appetites, devouring everything from grubs to bears and humanoids. They often lair near settlements and hunt the inhabitants until they devour every last one. A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weights 500 pounds. Its rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. A writhing, hairlike mass grows out of the skull and is usually greenish black or iron gray. The arms and legs are long and ungainly. The legs end in great three-toed feet, the arms in wide, powerful hands with sharpened claws. Trolls can appear thin and frail but possess suprising strength. Females are larger and more powerful than their male counterparts. Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, the arms dangle and drag along the ground."

Combat:
"Trolls have no fear of death: They launch themselves into combat without hesitation, flailing wildly at the closest opponent. Even when confronted with fire, they try to get around the flames and attack."

If you wish for more information about trolls, read some Norwegian folklore, go watch David the Gnome, read Henrick Ibsen's play Peer Gynt or listen to Edvard Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King from his Peer Gynt Suite, based on Ibsen's play. More info on forum trolls here:
http://en.wikipedia..../Internet_troll

#29094 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I am to foam as Ed Wood is to angora.

#29109 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

"By the pumping of my guns
Something wicked this way comes."

~paraphrased Shakespeare from Macbeth

"Nerf guns are like Voltron. The more of them you hook up, the better it gets."

~paraphrased from Red vs Blue

#29112 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

You get a sixth shot on the Hornet, and side smacking is easier than topsmashing for blasting. But yes, it's very similar. As for the Scout... couldn't I just call the Nite Finder a Secret Shot remake? And couldn't I just (loosely) call that a Sharpshooter remake? Warhog, other pistols... just seems difficult to be very innovative with a spring pistol without being gimmicky. I think we have to see how well the integration works, whether the barrels are as short as they look and how well that monster shoots smaller darts with a modded barrel.

#29138 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

As for all this talk of halo influence, I think the nite finder looked already a good deal like the pistol. I also think the powerclip looks and behaves a lot more like the plasma rifle than this new hornet.

#29147 Nothing On The Topic...

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 12:38 PM in Off Topic

"Robots...dancing?" The first thing saying that makes me think of is the Clerks animated series, when the trial scene is completed by the Korean animators....

"BIG AMERICAN PARTY! LOTS OF FUN, GOOD TIME FOR ALL. I AM HAVING VERY GOOD TIME. ROBOT DANCING!? CAR FULL OF MIDGETS. QUICKLY IN HERE. WHO IS DRIVING. OH MY GOD BEAR IS DRIVING HOW CAN THAT BE? KOREAN ANIMATION STUDIO. EVERYBODY WORK. AAH! EVERYBODY WORK! AXEL FOLEY AND JUDGE REINHOLD *SMASH* TOM CRUISE! YOU WANT THE TRUTH YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. SHOW ME THE MONEY. *SMASH* OH NO! *THUMBS UP*"

I think that sequence is the sort of thing that put a damper on my anime interest.

#29193 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 06:46 PM in Off Topic

Not me, but welcome back.

#29199 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Why not just Scout, Titan and Sane Hornet? "Sane" seeing as how this one doenn't seem to be poorly designed.

#29249 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

It doesn't look any worse than holding the Rapid 20, Hunter, and could prove better.

#29253 2004 Line-up Poll

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:32 PM in General Nerf

Hornet + Blastfire = Room Broom

#29257 2004 Line-up Poll

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:48 PM in General Nerf

I'm aware of the numerological rigmarole Nerf has arbitrated to name these guns. I do not find their assigned system of naming efficient. I'm quite particular to the diction I decided on for the poll as the future nomenclature for these new boomsticks.

#29259 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:51 PM in Off Topic

Forum uniformity is important.

#29263 Mr. Literal

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:57 PM in Homemades

That thing is borderline LARP.

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

I collect LARP videos from around the 'net if anyone's interested in such amusement as watching these creatures. I hope I'm the only one.

#29267 2004 Line-up Poll

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 01:15 PM in General Nerf

Halo vehicles? thethirteenthour, are you talking about the puma? I hear you can throw grenades into exhaust pipes in Halo 2. This game will really be a "Halo Killer." I also hear that in the new version, you can hijack your own thread in just a few minutes.

#29274 Mr. Literal

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 01:45 PM in Homemades

You'll have to take what links I can find from google or wait 'til I get back to school. I have a weird firewall/router thing here that impedes transfers on AIM. Also, my wireless can't handle huge files, sadly. I'm not computer savvy enough and don't care enough to change this.

#29292 Stock Or Stefan?

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

We recently had some issues with Stefans for our weekly indoor games with about 30 people on average in attendance. Several people were using Stefans in this huge, close-range, cluttered mess. Seeing as how these darts were leaving many welts and we had some close calls with people getting shot in the eyes even wearing glasses, and we've seen Stefan go through fiberglass ceiling tiles; we've placed a ban on homemade darts for our games. I therefore only use stock darts.

#29382 Son Of An Airtech 3000

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 09:30 AM in Modifications

I'm a fan of the Dremmel with plyers follow-up. If you press hard in a circular, outward fashion from inside the barrel, you should be able to wear down the sides of the stub that's stuck in side and elongate it slightly. After this, get a small wedge that tapers to a point, something between a very small screwdriver head and an awl and jam it in there with brute force and sort of lever it so it toward the center so it can be grabbed with plyers. Be careful not to stab yourself. Not that I'd know anything about that... ahem... Then you should be able to work in the plyers. That's what I did with my AT4k and it made all the barrel holes pretty clean. Shoved in crayolas with goop and it worked fine. You can of course usse PETG or whatever else too. Wrap it in duct tape after it cures and you're done. On a specific note for the AT3k, I didn't care to keep that orange thing to have straight barrels perfectly, partially because I'm lazy (or broke the piece, take your pick.) I've found that a 2 inch section of 1/2" PVC in the center serves the same purpose with a bit of hot glue. Good luck.

#29386 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I know a way to keep a spring gun quiet. It's called an air-restrictor. Nerf is kind enough to put these silencers in nite finders for us. Hehe... TWANG!

#29429 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

"The law specifies that any device which could be attached to a firearm and could reduce the noise from said firearm, is illegal."

Conclusion: Sticky earplugs could land you in prison.

#29430 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Groove, does this mean you won't be around for any of the games in the 'burg anymore? :cry: One man's home is another man's college.

#29433 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:35 PM in General Nerf

I made a bad joke. If you're using sticky earplugs, you have worse things to worry about than breaking laws.

#29449 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, your weapons themselves aren't banned. We have plenty of stock darts, and if you can't fit them into your barrels because they're too big, we could always shove crayolas in or something. There's always a way to adapt things. Good luck with school and let's hope our breaks don't line up so you'll get at home when I'm at school so we can play at my school/your home. ^_^ Confounding phraseology.

#29480 Gun Remakes

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Speaking of Max Shots, I heard they were going to be re-released this summer in a different color? This was just a rumor I heard from a friend. I'm curious. Anyone know anything?

#29487 Hello!

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

I think you need your troll definitions cleared up.

"A person unjustly accused of being a troll may be hurt and express indignation. A troll is more likely to react with verbal abuse, raising the stakes with inflammatory remarks maligning the motivation of the accuser, and may pursue his/her perceived enemy from site to site."
from
http://en.wikipedia..../Internet_troll

For a more zealously expounded study of trolls, I recommend the following reading.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2376

http://nerfhaven.com...c=2378&hl=troll

Hopefully this will discourage any future extemporaneous and hasty addled response on your part.

Here's a new treat from my recent continued troll studies as well. It seems an exquisite compendium.
http://www.demonbuster.com/trolls.html

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the yard burning long-haired dolls and books of Norse folklore.

#29488 Gun Remakes

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

So you use the malapropism of "XBox" for "XBow" just like I do, eh VoLT? Cool. :cry:

#29498 Gun Remakes

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 11:18 PM in General Nerf

I would irreversably mod my NB-1 for maximum performance the way I have many of my ancient guns, such as the pair of secret shots that I tri-barrelled. The main impediment is that I respect the NB-1 too much as an individual and a woman to do something like that to her.

#29537 Holsters

Posted by reversedracula on 25 June 2004 - 11:41 AM in General Nerf

Measure the dimensions of your gun. Cut out that much cardboard. Wrap that much cardboard in duct tape. If the fit is too loose, cut the cardboard and put it closer together. If the fit is too tight, cut the cardboard and spread it slightly apart. Repeat until snug size is reached. Cover cardboard in duct tape. Tape to ropes to tie to belt-notch or tape to belt, or wherever you wish, using duct tape liberally. Never failed me in the dozen or so I've made.

#29568 Holsters

Posted by reversedracula on 25 June 2004 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

Sound conclusion: If we aren't allowed to bring back old topics and aren't allowed to post about something that's been talked about before, in a strict sense, then we can conclude from these two assumptions that we should never talk about holsters again. I would make some witty analogy to make this notion seem outrageous, if we hold to it strictly, but I think I've already conveyed my point, albeit without my usual pertness. *Takes off his Simpsons-comic-book-guy-tinted writer's glasses.*

#29571 Holsters

Posted by reversedracula on 25 June 2004 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

More fashionable than cardboard and duct tape? Heresy.

#29581 Laser Sniper?

Posted by reversedracula on 25 June 2004 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

I almost put an extra Nite Finder LED into my SM3k blue. Instead, I just got a cool translucent blue flashlight and put blue film over the light and shoved it in. It's just as cool and fits perfectly.