HasreadCoC's Content

There have been 224 items by HasreadCoC (Search limited from 26-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#331383 Homemade zing atl atl

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 June 2013 - 06:09 PM in Homemades

Aww, I thought this was gonna be a writeup for a homemade zing/koosh ring launcher. But yeah, to echo what Carbon said, this is isn't safe. The stock Zing arrows (which I personally love) are fine for wars if left stock though.

Best bet for a good homemade launcher for them is to have a slingshot-like design, with a surgical tubing loop on either side, but put the slingshot "Y" shaped part at the end of an ergonomic rifle-shaped-PVC thing. A quick Google Image search brought up this:

Posted Image

which pretty much sums up what I mean. It'd be mad-easy to build with PVC and couplers, way safer than your PVC stick, and way more comfortable. Also, if we could get ahold of Zing and buy the ammo in bulk/semi-bulk, it'd make arrow-only rounds something awesome for wars, and potentially make arrows a viable ammo type in general.

#302304 10 shot turret attachment

Posted by HasreadCoC on 26 July 2011 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

You can do this to firefly and quadshot turrets too. All I did to mod a quadshot turret into an attachment was glue a foam ring and rubber washer to some PVC and glue it to the mech part so the washer lined up with the turret holes. Works because of the slip clutch (the part they put in so kids don't break the guns by manually rotating them.) Yours looks a million times better and also a lot more durable too.

Great job with the turret rear loading mods, looks fantastic. I don't quite understand what the polycarb circle is for though, it certainly looks cool, but why not use the original base? Also sort of related, if you have a compass, all you need to do is trace out the circle and you can easily find the center. http://www.makeitsol...rcle-center.htm

Yup, this can pretty much be done to any turret that uses the same basic system, I'd love to see someone do a Berserker 20 shot turret LOL. The circle is for support, and a better seal because of the way it keeps the turret pressed to the seal, kinda hard to explain, but it really works. I had originally planned to use the original base but didn't because of: the extra bulk, decreased seal (circle solves this), and the fact that I'd only have room for 3 - 4 rear loading holes due to structural limitations, whereas this has 7 at any given time. I changed it all about half way through my first build to this way LOL, it really is an improvement, though it requires a scroll saw (or big hole saw bit).

#302267 10 shot turret attachment

Posted by HasreadCoC on 25 July 2011 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

You sir, did an excellent job. The only thing I would advise you do is securely attach the turret to the blaster with a more rigid fixture. Threaded 1/2" PVC couplers are nice because they are very strong but do not need gluing.

They need vicegrips for disassembly, but meh. They also can be converted to normal couplers by unscrewing the male thread and sticking on another male fitting (this adds minor deadspace).

I had originally planned on this, but since the final product only weighs about as much as the SorrowX printed turrets, and I plan on PETG barrels, I don't think falling off due to weight will be a problem. If anyone uses CPVC for barrels though they should do this, as then there might be enough weight to cause a problem.

#308217 picture help

Posted by HasreadCoC on 12 December 2011 - 12:22 PM in Site Feedback

Take your picture, click file, then open with, then push and hold the power button on your computer. Works every-time.

Really now?

OP, the thread you are looking for is this one: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1497

Try searching around a bit more next time.

#302257 10 shot turret attachment

Posted by HasreadCoC on 25 July 2011 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

Not sure if this should go in “homemades” or “mods”, but I’m putting it in mods as it primarily uses actual Nerf parts, namely, the Hyper-Fire’s.

Anyway, on to what you will be building; a 10 shot manual rotation turret very similar to the printed turrets, but with 2 extra shots, and much more availability. Finished product before adding barrels will look like this:

Posted Image

So with that, let's begin.

--------------------------------

#1, Tools list:

A small screw driver to open the shell....DUH!

Power Drill / Drill Press.

Drill bits (1/2”, 5/8”, 3/4”, and maybe a cone-shaped sanding bit to save you some reaming)

Scroll Saw / retardedly large 3 & 1/2” hole saw bit.

Pocket knife / scissors to de-burr and ream out plastic.

Some larger hand saw, unless your scroll saw has at least 4” of clearance for cutting.

#2, Parts List:

Hyper-fire Turret and turret-mech.

Approximately a 4" x 4" square of 1/4” polycarb, cut into about a 3 & 1/2” diameter circle, perhaps a bit smaller.

Tape (Packing tape, Duct-tape, and electrical tape)

Various small lengths of piping (1/2” CPVC, 1/2” PVC, and something that fits nearly perfectly over the tube coming out of the back of the turret but allows it to turn, I used a cut portion of a raider plunger tube for this)

Hot glue, since it pulls off easily in Step 4.

Super glue / plastic sealing glue of some sort, although I used the non-preferred option of hot glue.

About 4 square inches of self adhesive craft foam sheet, to stick on to seal the turret.

Whatever you’re using as barrels, PETG would be preferable, although CPVC should work.

#3, Instructions:

Step 1, Take the Hyper fire apart, and take out the following pieces, they’re all that you’ll need from this thing (including the screws, spring, and other stuff inside this).

Posted Image

Step 2, Take these pieces apart, but don’t lose anything, and just take a slice off the front of the orange barrels like so, it should only be about a quarter inch (1/4”) thick. We’ll need this thing for several uses including a template and and optional barrel spacer. You should be left with this.

Posted Image

Step 3, Cut out a circle of polycarb to match the size of the turret, or just slightly larger (just a bit less than 3 & 1/2” in diameter), it helps to trace around a can or jar (I used a dog food can) that’s the same size you need.

Posted Image

Step 4, Now that Turret barrel slice comes into play, and it’s a life-saver here. Centering it on the polycarb circle as precisely as you possibly can, hot glue the perfectly flat side down in place like so. Don’t use too much hot glue, you’ll have to pull it off in a minute anyway.

Posted Image

Step 5, Using the orange barrel slice as a guide, drill seven 1/2” holes for rear-loading holes, but leave 3 holes in a row un-drilled. The middle hole of these 3 undrilled holes must have it’s center partially drilled, or at least marked though, to prepare for the 5/8” bit, which will not fit at the moment, because of the orange barrel slice in the way.

Posted Image

Step 6, Take off the orange barrel slice and hot glue, and drill the partially drilled (or marked) hole out with a 5/8” bit, being very careful to drill perfectly flat, and no more than 5/8” (don’t just keep spinning the bit in the hole after it’s drilled, this increases it’s size slightly, which is bad). While you’re at it, ream out (or sand) ONE SIDE of the other 7 holes, this makes rear-loading easier on your fingers. Be sure to keep track of which side of the polycarb disk is which, because with the next hole we drill we’ll have to ream it out on the opposite side of the holes we just reamed out for rear-loading.

Posted Image

Step 7, In the absolute and perfect center of the polycarb disk, drill a 3/4” hole, this it how we will slide the whole thing on the turret. Do whatever you like to get it centered, I do this funny approximation line stuff. Sand as needed to make it slide on nicely. Also, seriously ream out the side of the hole which is in the OPPOSITE side of the reamed out rear-loading holes, this is done so it fits over the flared out part of the tube on the back of the turret. Just ream until the polycarb disk can sit flush with the back of the turret, and can spin freely without too much friction (but don’t make the entire hole TOO big, it still has to be a perfect fit over the turret pipe part so it doesn’t slide out of place)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step 8, Now carefully drill out the turret itself, as is done for all rear-loading, do it with a 1/2” bit, of course.

Posted Image

Step 9, Go ahead and cut and apply the self adhesive craft foam sheet to the polycarb circle now now, being careful to apply it to the side that will make contact to the turret, in other words the side that is opposite of the side you reamed out for rear loading. Also, cut out all 7 of the holes in the foam for rear-loading once you’ve applied it (but not before), as well as the very middle hole that slides on over the turrets pipe part. Whatever you do though, DO NOT cut out the foam around that 5/8” hole from Step 6, it’s actually going to be smaller than the rest and will be cut out later, leave it alone for now.

Posted Image

Step 10, This part onwards in the write-up is where it gets a bit confusing, so bear with me, you should understand when you do it. Take a small (about a half-inch long piece) cut of your raider tube (carefully cut to be flat, or else sanded on the cut end until it is) or substituted same-size material, and wrap 5 to 10 layers packing tape over it like so, such that it forms a small “ledge” or “outcropping” outwards like so, the ledge itself should only stick out about an eighth of an inch.

Posted Image

Step 11, Using the following pieces:

Posted Image

and a second small length of raider plunger tube (pictured to the side of the other pieces) about a half inch long (cut it to be just a little big at first, sand off what you don’t need), and then test fit all these pieces to the back of the turret and see that they all fit snugly, with NO extra room for the polycarb disk to slide back from the turret, as such would ruin the seal (make sure not to have excess either though, getting a balance can be difficult here). Proceed to sand the second raider plunger tube length until it is just the right size to achieve this as needed. Also, make sure the "ledge" part with the tape points towards the gear mech stuff as pictured.

Posted Image

Step 12, Remember that 5/8” hole? Well we’re working on that now. Cut a 4” long length of 1/2” PVC, and a 2” length of CPVC, hammer the CPVC into the PVC until a little bit over a quarter of an inch of the CPVC is sticking out of the 1/2” PVC. Sand the CPVC PERFECTLY flat on the end, and make sure it’s still just sticking a hair more than 1/4” inch out of the 1/2” PVC. Put the CPVC end into the 5/8” hole in the polycarb disk and see how it looks, the CPVC should be sticking just a literal *hair* out of the turret seal. Super glue or cement the CPVC part into the 5/8” hole in the polycarb circle, in order to keep it strong and sealing well. Go ahead and cut away the craft foam blocking the hole now, you only have to remove enough to uncover the inside of the CPVC, so a little less than a half inch wide. Remember, the smaller the hole, the better the seal, but keep in mind you don’t want to block air flow.

Posted Image

Step 13, Put the spring and screws in the turret and turret mech, with all the pieces from Step 11 in their proper places, and make sure the turret is sealing well with the foam on the polycarb circle, this is a function of exactly how long the second piece of raider plunger tube is, shorter means looser, longer means tighter (TWSS!), but too much and you’ll be overly compressing the indexing spring, resulting in the auto-indexing feature (the whole point) being lost. Also, if possible, replace the indexing spring with a stronger one of the same size, this will drastically improve your seal, not that the stock spring won’t work, but don’t expect the turret to have a perfect seal with high pressures going through it. Now use duct-tape to connect all the Step 11 pieces together, like so, such that when one spins they all do.

Posted Image

Step 14, Phew, almost done. Just wrap even more duct-tape around both the previously duct-taped Step 11 pieces and the Step 12 1/2” PVC piece until they come close to touching, then fill the gap with something for strength, like popsicle sticks (or a wad of duct tape like me LOL) , so it looks like this. MAKE SURE ALL THE REAR-LOADING HOLES ARE PROPERLY ALIGNED WITH THE TURRET HOLES.

Posted Image

Step 15, Duct-tape the Step 11 and Step 12 parts together now, like so.

Posted Image

Make sure it’s sturdy (LOTSA MAD DUCT-TAPE YO), and E-tape over it all to make it look.....not duct-tape covered LOL.

Posted Image

Step 16, Test it all out, and, if satisfied, attach your barrels of choice, PETG would be preferable here. You're on your own attaching them, as not even I have completed this step yet, I need to order PETG from Taer Kitty at some point LOL. You can also use CPVC, but it’ll be heavy, just saying....

Final thoughts:

My goals were accomplished, so YAY, this was a project I had in my head months ago, but just recently got to make. Also, MY FIRST WRITE-UP ZOMG YAY IM SO HAPPY. I'll probably edit in a picture of the turret with barrels, when I get around to adding them, but the turret itself is done, so this write up is basically done as well, as this is not a walkthrough on how to glue barrels on to a turret LOL. Thanks to user Makeitgo for inspiring me with his recent HyperFire write-up and thus convincing me that rear-loading on a HyperFire would be plausible, although leaks could arise. Thankfully, my turrets seal nicely even with the stock indexing spring.

Well guys, thoughts? Flames? Suggestions? Offers to pay for my Engineering College? XD

#322867 Cinci Halloween War

Posted by HasreadCoC on 21 October 2012 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Just got back with my +2, had a great time.

plusses and minuses I guess:

+nothing of mine broke, and everything worked well.

+plenty of darts.

+war location was 10/10.

+people were awesome.

+Father Time being a one man tank. Seriously, he might as well have been a team on his own.

+/- only 7 people showed up. This worked well for some games, but ghost would have been better with 3 more people.

-girls interrupting gameplay to use the bathroom.

-you guys need hoppers. lol.

All in all, extremely fun, and my +2 thoroughly enjoyed their first war.

#322389 Cinci Halloween War

Posted by HasreadCoC on 09 October 2012 - 02:57 PM in Nerf Wars

(Obi posting from my NH account)

I'm a likely attendant + 1 - 2 guests (my 14 year old brothers, who are twins). I'm supplying them (or whichever attends) with substantial primaries, so expect more of a fight than a couple of ten year olds with un modified nitefinders XD

Supa-stoked to see a war 15 minutes away without stock-dart-only restrictions.

#322899 Cinci Halloween War

Posted by HasreadCoC on 22 October 2012 - 11:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Cons:
CamoPat showing up like at 4pm RIGHT AFTER HasReadCoC just leaving. Literally as we were all about to leave.

Argg....wish he would have come earlier, would have been nice to meet him / shoot him.

Cons:
Moved the war for several nerfers that didn't even mind to try and show.

Yeah. While the weather was wonderful, it really might as well have been the later date, plus then I could have had my proper stock finished on the pump-LSK-rainbow....

Cons:
I hate hoppers now.

You know you love them. I saw how you played once you had that hoppered PAS, like a madman. Once you had that thing you were a force to be reckoned with lol.

HasReadCoC showing up with a +2 really helped and brought foam weapons of mass destruction

...and I'm not even done yet.... hopefully by next year that +2 will be a +3 and a new weapon or 2 in the mix, with improvements on others. If I get a chance at cheap wyes, I may have to stock up, as well as on clear 1/2" pvc for clips, so I can supply you wye-less people, heh.

#299552 How old?

Posted by HasreadCoC on 08 June 2011 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

Generally a minimum of 13, unless parent supervised.

#306665 FNG Spec Double Shot

Posted by HasreadCoC on 29 October 2011 - 11:51 AM in Modifications

First, I must give you some credit for attempting a writeup for your first/second post, quite ambitious and you actually have pictures of decent visible quality.

With that said:

So what exactly is the point of this post? All of these mods can already be found in the modification directory. There's a pictures thread here for a reason.

Correct capitalization would also be nice. Not painting your blaster black would be even better.

Searching is good, and capitalization is a must. Doing a writeup of something that has been done is fine, as long as it is better quality / more detailed than the previous version.

Also:

i converted *her* to rear cocking.

That's what He said.

#338555 Bull Clip Level

Posted by HasreadCoC on 29 April 2014 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Cleanly done, and so obvious yet brilliant. Very nice. Every war host should have a couple of these with them to test blasters with.

#316839 BullPAC

Posted by HasreadCoC on 10 June 2012 - 07:04 PM in Homemades

I really, really, like this bull-pup design. I'm typically more of a spring-instead-of-bow-arms kind of guy, but it's easy enough to see how to make this a springer, as ryan has done already. After going back and reading your previous bull-pup design with the string/pulley priming, I can say that the parts of this revision I like best are:

-No messing around with spring tension. Music wire might not be the best choice, but I'm sure we can use either 1/2" nylon and a rainbow catch, or whatever that metal rod ryan used was. In any case, a solid dependable plunger rod has me quite enthusiastic about this design.

-No retardedly long barrel coming out of the wye. This puts the whole wye part closer to the front, enough that it still has the shortness of a bull-pup, without requiring a barrel needlessly long and full of deadspace. I know it could probably have been shortened on the last design and just stop part way down the blaster, but it still irked me. This design fully fixes that.

-Way more streamlined and slender looking overall (minus the bow arms part lol).

Only thing I don't like as much about this particular blaster is the lack of a rainbow catch, but that can be done easily enough I suppose.

All-in-all, a fantastic piece of work.

#323301 Time 'til CP

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 November 2012 - 04:07 PM in Off Topic

Err, what? It's probably because Im on a Mac right now, but I don't see that at the top of my NH page.... Could you elaborate what you mean?

#316702 Heavy Metal Nerf

Posted by HasreadCoC on 07 June 2012 - 10:45 PM in Off Topic

Now we do this with a crossbow, but change it slightly so it can have pump action homemade internals. At a cost of $500 USD, of course.

#303974 Max Force Shadowhawk 100: Trigger using a Nitefinder

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 August 2011 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Well the plunger tube is actually of a competent size. It wouldn't suprise me if sometime in the near future someone just stuck a coupler in there and started getting 70 or 80 foot ranges in tandem with this trigger mod.

I would suggest just hoppering it so that it sits like one of kane's bullpup blasters, with the clip near your shoulder, and the barrel inside the blaster shell. Depending on how long the barrel has the be to make it out the front of the blaster after being put on a hopper clip, I would suggest using PETG for the barrel, since 14 inches of CPVC would be too much in this case, whereas PETG would be looser, and less range dampening at that barrel length.

#313799 HasreadCoC is a twat.

Posted by HasreadCoC on 31 March 2012 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

I'm just gonna be a spoilsport and say this now:

APRIL FOOLS, BITCHES.

Aye'yup.

#324050 Rampage drum magazine drum magazine

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 December 2012 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

What the heck did you do to your finger? 0.0

Also, nice job on the pics, they'll make for a valuable and helpful addition to the internals directory.

#315508 Downtime - Host updating network equipment

Posted by HasreadCoC on 10 May 2012 - 12:32 PM in Site Feedback

Thanks for keeping us updated, we appreciate it.

#319890 nerf pumpblow 1.0

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 August 2012 - 10:40 AM in Homemades

So it's brass nested in cpvc with nails smashed into it, which is also cut up with a hacksaw? Oh, and it uses a name of an already existing prominent homemade.

Seriously, all you've told us is (kind of) what barrel material you used. Literally nothing about the blaster in question other than than that it uses an already claimed name.

I won't even go into your grammar/spelling/punctuation, as that would be back-seating, but as a reader of the thread it would be nice if you at least explained what the heck you built.

Edit: ahh yes, I see, I missed the "L" the first time. It still might be a good idea to change the name to something less similar to existing names however, as the difference of a single lowercase "L" can be easy to miss. My other points still stand.

#305075 Stampede Half Gear missing teeth...

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 September 2011 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Wait for Orange Mod Works to make metal internals, in the mean while buy the piece off someone else with a broken stampede, or sell off the rest of yours to others who have broken ones in order to fund your purchase of a new one.

#328788 Rules on Ammunition Types

Posted by HasreadCoC on 16 April 2013 - 10:05 AM in Nerf Wars

[A] It's different for each area or nerfing group.

[B] Trying to mimic realism or video games is often scorned, so assuming things based on real guns or games won't help you much.

[C] Large ammo types [balls, arrows, missiles, etc] are sometimes counted as "shield breakers", as in, if shields of some kind are allowed, they break them and the person is out.

[D] In some gametypes, players have 3 dart-hits per life, and larger ammo types may be counted as worth more hits than a dart.

[E] Finally, as plenty of older members will tell you, odd ammo is often quite simply used for fun. Throwing a nerf foam battle axe 60 ft and hitting someone is always going to be funnier than shooting them with a dart from any range.

#316788 Cincinnati Ohio Nerf War June 30th

Posted by HasreadCoC on 09 June 2012 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

(ObiWonTwo)

I'm a maybe + 1 - 2 if I attend.

EDIT: I won't be attending sadly. Medical issues.

#319354 Does Anybody know what gun this is?

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 July 2012 - 11:33 AM in General Nerf

Looks like a turreted air tank powered arrow launcher. Could be fun.

#312177 Brass eagle tallon handle trace/template

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 March 2012 - 09:09 AM in Homemades

(I put this is the Homemades section since it's for use making homemade blasters)

So, nothing too fancy, it's a hand-traced picture of the Brass Eagle Tallon paintball gun handle that has been used on one of the original rainbows, and on one of my own personal ones. I was requested by a friend to trace it so that he could cut out a wooden version for a rainbow/SNAP/ect, over at our modestly sized, but quite happy facebook nerf group. Since then, it has been used / is being used by several other members. Since the reaction and use was so positive (relative to the number of people who post there and build homemades), I thought I'd just put it up for general use, in case anyone wants something other than the standard block-O-wood SNAP handle, or whatever. Assuming you print it out full-sheet on standard-sized printer paper (what it was traced on), you'll get it full 1:1 sized. Anyway, I hope people find this useful.

Posted Image

An example of the handle after being cut out and used on a Revshot, credit goes to the awesome homemades builder "Andtheherois", seriously, his work is awesome. (sorry if some of you cant see this one, as it's linked from facebook)

Posted Image

Edit: so it would seem the template I first put on Mediafire was the wrong extension. I have now put the picture into a .pages document on my Mac, selected the option to save it as a word document, then made sure everything was the correct size, including downloading it myself from mediafire to make sure it stays the same size. Everything seem to be working fine now, with the exception of the fact that while it displays at the correct size after download, it puts it partially out of the window for me so it looks like the bottom of the picture is clipped off. All I do to fix this is just click in the middle of the picture (not the borders) and drag upwards. Sadly I can't test print the .doc from a windows computer to make sure of how it comes out. In any case, unless you are trying to make an exact replica of the original handle, it doesn't make make a huge difference if the size is a bit off from the original, just use what every size is comfy. If you print it out and think you'd like it a bit bigger or smaller, just change the size of the pic from your computer in the document by dragging the sides of the picture (Windows computers can do that, right?)

Anyway, new revised mediafire template: http://www.mediafire...gy9n3krzyj8swbg