FNG Spec Double Shot

5 replies to this topic

#1 lysdexia

lysdexia

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

hey guys, here's a double shot i did a couple of weeks ago

to start with, i cut the barrel down and converted it to rear cocking. i know most people think the folding cocking thing is the coolest bit of the double shot, but i didn't like it all that much, and it made the blaster a real pain to re-assemble

i decided from the outset that it was getting sawn off, and the stock was getting cut down. so i took it apart, pulled the plunger back as far as it goes, and marked that out on the inside of the casing, then roughly drew where i was going to cut it out

Posted Image
Posted Image

i forgot to take photos after i cut it down, but all i did was roughly cut off where i wanted it, then re-assembled the 2 halves minus internals, and shaped them on a sander from there.

i just left the back open, with the intention of covering the 'handle' in black e-tape. when i got further with this, i will likely fill it with epoxy or something.

on to making it work a bit better. i popped the plunger setup out, and pulled the orange sealing piece off the end. this normally has a thich bar through the middle of each hole, and is only about 1/8" diameter. i drilled them out to 4mm.

Posted Image
Posted Image

onto the shells. i decided to keep the standard shell setup, and just de-restrict them. that way i can still fire suckers with it. i drilled the restrictors out to 6mm, this is about the absolute max you can go without losing the sealing lip.

Posted Image
Posted Image

then i painted it up, and taped up the stock. i need to redo the barrel though..

Posted Image

with this setup it fires suckers around about 25 feet flat. i don't have any stefans so i can't test with those unfortunately. while this is still pretty miserable after that much work, it only fired about 4 feet straight out of the box so i'm pretty happy. eventually i'm going to pull the plunger setup apart and look into swapping the springs out, i work for an industrial wholesaler and we have a small range of industrial springs on the shelf, so hopefully i can find something.

i also have 2 more of the original shells, when i eventually find some tubing of the right size i'll look at making some rear-loading shells for it with longer barrels. i also intend on losing the spring eject cause it's real annoying.

#2 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

hey guys, here's a double shot i did a couple of weeks ago

to start with, i cut the barrel down and converted it to rear cocking. i know most people think the folding cocking thing is the coolest bit of the double shot, but i didn't like it all that much, and it made the blaster a real pain to re-assemble

So what exactly is the point of this post? All of these mods can already be found in the modification directory. There's a pictures thread here for a reason.

Correct capitalization would also be nice. Not painting your blaster black would be even better.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#3 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

First, I must give you some credit for attempting a writeup for your first/second post, quite ambitious and you actually have pictures of decent visible quality.

With that said:

So what exactly is the point of this post? All of these mods can already be found in the modification directory. There's a pictures thread here for a reason.

Correct capitalization would also be nice. Not painting your blaster black would be even better.

Searching is good, and capitalization is a must. Doing a writeup of something that has been done is fine, as long as it is better quality / more detailed than the previous version.

Also:

i converted *her* to rear cocking.

That's what He said.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#4 topshot

topshot

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Very nice paint scheme and external modding.

#5 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Doing a writeup of something that has been done is fine, as long as it is better quality / more detailed than the previous version.

I haven't read this rule anywhere before.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

I haven't read this rule anywhere before.

I don't know that it's explicitly stated in the rules anywhere, but it more or less falls under the "Don't post unless you have something to say" rule. There's no reason to flood the Modifications forum with writeups that re-hash the same technique over and over. This is why we have the pictures thread stickied.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users