SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100741 New Website

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 09:53 PM in Off Topic

Why do we keep having these new forums pop up? We already have NH and NHQ. It sounds like these noobs just want a chance to play admin. (no offence Rings)

I was in the process of making my own nerf website. It's not to give me a chance to play admin, but to provide a website tailored to what I believe a forum should be. Don't get me wrong, NH is great, but there are noobs and people who can't type for shit that keep getting on my nerves, and I don't intend to allow it at the new site.

#100724 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

I hate phone-in sweepstakes. They always put you on hold for a friggin' hour just to tell you, big surprise, that you didn't win.

#100722 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

This is my longshot.

I think you mean Double Shot.

Edit: CH got there before me.

#100714 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

This might not help, but where is it normally help(i.e. West coast; east coast)?
If its in the west coast, I can probably make it(depending on where it is).

That was in the first post, but okay...

You guys might want to get in touch with Shattered Dreams and Baghead, since I heard that they were pretty active at the last Armageddon.

#100713 Ls Front Gun Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 10:07 AM in Modifications

Never strech a catch spring, because it will become weaker over time. Add more springs of the same size, such as those from a mechanical pencil or from a hobby shop to increase the catch strength.

#100623 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 March 2007 - 04:39 PM in General Nerf

Strikefire?

Yeah those little dart tag pistols. I can never remember the name of them.

It's a set of two Crossfires. Small prize, but we're not really trying to win that one, are we?

#100567 Cheapest Homemade Ever!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 February 2007 - 05:47 PM in Homemades

If you could refine the design a bit, and then attach some kind of motor to automatically pull back the dowel and release it, you could make an automatic close-range sidearm or primary for indoor wars.

#100519 Cheapest Homemade Ever!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 February 2007 - 08:54 PM in Homemades

If you have a problem with the posting habits of a new member, instead of flaming him in the forum, maybe you could send him a polite PM showing him what he is doing wrong and informing him of how things are done around here.

In my own defense, spelling and grammar are accepted as things to be correct about on these forums. (Your remarks are borderline hypocritical, as CH pointed out, badger.) I also don't know if your arguement is accurate, seeing as he has been here since September of last year.

However, I will admit that I was a little too harsh with my reply. You could argue that he has been here long enough to know how to post, or that most of us are not admins (which I am aware of). Even so, I doubt that any one of you (with the exception of those with extreme patience) would have done anything differently than I did, and seeing how you didn't have the opportunity, you can't prove that you wouldn't have, and I can't prove that you would have. This will be the last controversial remark that I make in this thread, and, for your own benefit, I suggest that others follow suit.

#100518 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 February 2007 - 08:20 PM in Homemades

HEAR HEAR. He was an asshat and a baby. Do you think PETG might work as barrel material?

Possibly, but I would stick with brass. It has been proven in boltsniper's guns, and since my shotty is based heavily on boltsniper systems, I would personally only trust brass. PETG can be tricky to house because of the difference in ID and OD, while brass is thin, strong, and easily housed.

#100477 Cheapest Homemade Ever!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 February 2007 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

This sucks, and in fact, the way you type pretains to grammatical laws much less than mine.

I would like to see how you think my typing is worse than yours, and your next post to this thread should also include an explanation of what your gun looks like.

#100475 The Most Awesome Gun I Own...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 February 2007 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

Uhg, I hate this gun. Through-out the years, I have purchased it countless times, and every time the barrel stopped turning within a day of purchasing the gun.

Well, the gun does have potential, but to turn it into a practical weapon for most wars, you would need some heavy modifications. There are some nice features, such as the ROF adjustment and the fact that the thing holds twenty darts, but loading and accuracy are major issues.

#100472 Cheapest Homemade Ever!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 February 2007 - 07:02 PM in Homemades

I'd be more worried about the admins being pissed at you for being such a little grammar-bitch.

You are aware that grammar and spelling are part of the Code of Conduct, NerfMonkey. I just want to see what the gun looks like, and for him to clean up his posts. Someone would have called him out eventually, and it's better another member than an admin that might ban him off the bat.

#100470 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 February 2007 - 06:58 PM in Homemades

Even though I'm a noob here, I'm a gamer, and this is really irritating to me too, you people need to understand that shotguns fire SHOT, which is a bunch of projectiles at once, please try to understand that.

Nobody asked you to be a jackass and give a lecture on what to call our homemades, Jergling. I am aware of what a shotgun is, having fired several before. However, the design and operation are identical to that of a shotgun, and that's what I'm going to call it. Unless you have a contribution to make that will help these guns get built, please do not respond in my thread again to make room for other developments.

#100466 Cheapest Homemade Ever!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 February 2007 - 06:42 PM in Homemades

Laugh at me if you will,

I am, at your spelling and grammar.

You should also give us a picture or explain what the hell this thing is/looks like before the admins get here.

#100437 Cdr-s.m.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 09:26 PM in Homemades

But the inertia would be moving in the opposite direction. The spring will be pushing the base towards the ceiling.

Not the lid. When CS makes it so that the base and lid don't come apart when it explodes, he could do that but the sticky stuff might not work on most ceilings (popcorn).

The fact that the lid and base won't go flying apart is why the mine would come down. Even though the lid will be stopped, the energy that the spring gave it while pushing down will continue to carry the entire module down, and most likely rip apart the adhesive's bond, peeling the paint from the ceiling and leaving residue behind, not to mention posing a threat to anyone directly below the mine.

#100405 Cdr-s.m.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 02:09 PM in Homemades

How about making it sticky on the base and sticking in on the ceiling so then the darts rain down?

One problem. How do you get it down? With an adhesive that is weak enough to take down, the inertia of the top of the mine flying downwards will bring the entire mine towards the floor and could hit someone in the head. It would have been a good idea, though.

#100403 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 02:02 PM in Homemades

SHA, I have no idea how to solve a rotating bolt issue, though I'd assume you could just use Bolt's design in the shotgun shell. Really all that would need to be different is the loading mechanism (Again, where I'm having trouble. It would probably work if I switched to a clip shotgun.).

Since nobody currently knows the answer to this problem, my Mk. 1 variant will be bolt-action. If it is successful and I figure out the answer to this question, then I will make a pump-action Mk. 2 variant.

#100402 Hand Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 01:59 PM in Homemades

Would the 1' ones work with out any modifications to the grenade?

I don't see why they wouldn't. You could fit in twice as many, unless you're worried that they might not hold end-to-end correctly. (Even though I would rather be reloading my gun than my grenade.)

#100395 Boltsniper Scar-n Rifle Bs-8

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 01:47 PM in Homemades

I wanted to ask before the thread was too old to even talk in.

Too late. Especially for this brand of stupidity, and when you could just go to bolt's website or to CH and order one.

#100314 Cdr-s.m.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 February 2007 - 11:24 AM in Homemades

I have literally spent an hour trying to get these working last night after I posted and don't see how this thing can propell darts 25'+....

You have to figure out exactly how to get the most out of the force the frisbee has when it unfolds.

I also do not think that these mines, although effective in design, are feasible for anyone to mass-produce. The CDs and springs would add costs that would skyrocket prices for consumers, plus it wouldn't be pleasant for the person shelling out the money to buy the supplies in the first place.

#100313 Banning Guns

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 February 2007 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

Straying a little off topic here, what about a clip system for the Titan? It would lower the ranges while increasing the RoF.

It's been done in the mods section.
As for the topic, ban whatever you have to. Your job as the organizer of the war is to ensure others' safety. The last thing you want is someone getting hurt, and the second-to-last thing is someone bitching about why you didn't do something to keep everyone happy. If someone wants to bring a superweapon to a nerf war (I.e. Titans, Singy, heavily-modded pump guns...), then they can. Just let them know it's going to be a showpiece and not get fired. Sure they're going to start arguing, but it's better them than you or someone more mature.

#100312 Hand Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 February 2007 - 11:07 AM in Homemades

Also, lubricate the pin, so that the bands slide off easier, as a metal or plastic pins with rubber will have a high coefficient of friction.

I was about to post something along those lines, but you would need a really good lubricant to overcome the tension of the rubber band. Also be careful not to use anything that eats rubber.

#100292 Hand Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 February 2007 - 09:38 PM in Homemades

Perhaps I can help explain, if I understand this right. The posts on the ends of the tube are for securing the ends of the rubber bands. The pin is placed through a hole in the center, and passes through all of the rubber bands while they are pulled back, keeping them taut. When the pin is pulled, the rubber bands are released and propel the darts into unsuspecting morons.
If this is the system that you are using, then wouldn't the grenade be a bitch to load and set? You would have to wedge your fingers into the tube and try to line up each rubber band perfectly, which is more trouble that it's worth. Of course, you could make use-and-trash grenades from a toilet paper roll and duct tape, so that there's no time wasted in resetting or reloading.

#100194 Rutgers Boffer Club- Livingston Dueling Association

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2007 - 08:50 PM in Off Topic

I read the article on your link, it looks...interesting. You should try to incorporate some moves and weapons into nerf, such as melee and charging your opponent.

-Loni

The point of nerf is not to bludgeon your enemy into submission, but to peg them in the ass with foam darts from a distance. Barrel taps would be the closest thing to this (besides nerf knives, but those are not widely used to my knowledge). Either way, nice article, Langley.

#100071 I Need A Small Pice Of Brass.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 19 February 2007 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Home Depot, Home Hardware, J&H and Lowe's all should have it.

No. The ones in my state only carry copper and a very limited selection of small-sized PVC. I also like the idea of having all of the brass cut to length before I get it, which eliminates a lot of the hassle on my part.

#100067 Accuracy And Lasers

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 19 February 2007 - 02:25 PM in General Nerf

What's wrong with shooting at siblings?

Nothing. I do it too. Just don't point the laser in his/her eyes.

#100066 I Need A Small Pice Of Brass.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 19 February 2007 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Have you tried local hobby shops? I don't want to take Hilt's business from him, but you might have luck there.

Trust me, they don't carry jackshit where I live. My best bet would be to get brass, CPVC, etc. from someone here.

#100024 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

After you put about 300+ rounds through the gun and take it apart twice, you get to know the finer points of its operation. However, if this modification could be effectively done, it could lead to some interesting results.

#100022 I Need A Small Pice Of Brass.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Sorry to hijack the thread for a minute, but do you think that you might be able to put together a kit of the brass required to do Forsaken_angel24's terminator LS mod? There are probably several people, myself included, who would be willing to buy them.

#100020 Accuracy And Lasers

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

For target practice, lasers are fine, since there is a low risk for any possible eye damage (unless you're shooting at a mirror or a sibling). However, I prefer to practice without a laser because it forces you to take into account the distance and fall of the dart, and therefore learn the capacities of your weapons. Plus, accurate shots need to be able to be placed effectively without aid, at least in my understanding of practice.

#100018 Air Tech 3000 In A Ls

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

It's a shame to have scrapped the magazine system (as far as I can tell, since the white tank blocks the magazine well). Anyways, nice modification.

#100017 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

it always gets boring when one doesn't work.

This is why there are the gifts of video games and nerf.

Anyway, for a semi-automatic Longshot, the gun would need some radical modification. The plunger tube might need to be scrapped, unless the air bursts are to propel the plunger. The magazine system would need complete redesigning, since friction with the other darts and the open venting space in and around the magazine would negate any firings. (Unless someone knows how a bolt could be used here). The barrel would also need to be scrapped, since the excess space around the dart would only decrease the range further, and a snug barrel would most likely prevent any darts from being able to leave the gun. This is probably not an effective and definitely not a practical modification, but on the other hand, a semi-auto nerf gun would be cool to mess around with.

#100015 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Would it be feasible/possible to make the Longshot semi-auto? I was trying to figure out how it may work, but I wasn't quite sure. I figured I'd ask some of the more experienced modders around here before trying anything though.

Ah, the dream of a semi-auto nerf rifle. It is feasible, since gas-operated systems (for those of you who know how Magstrikes work, you know what I'm talking about) can be used to make semi-automatic or fully automatic guns. However, it would be difficult to do this kind of modification to a Longshot, since semi-automatic guns have relatively low power, short plunger strokes, and a magazine system that does not use a bolt to move the darts. If I figure out any systems, I'll share the ideas, but I doubt that it would be a very practical modification. (Time to charge the air tanks, extra weight, extra equipment / bulk, issues with range...)

#100014 Trade Problem

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

nerfer34:
Well, if he's telling the truth (and I see no reason for him not to), then it's been quite an ordeal for both of you.

Grenado:
I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you or anyone else here, but I just implied that I have the mechanical thinking and patience required to effectively modify guns. I did not claim to be a demigod of nerf, as there are only about five people on these forums who could even approcah that title (The Infinite Shindig, One Man Clan, boltsniper, Carbon, ompa).

#100012 I Need A Small Pice Of Brass.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

You could try PMing Flaming Hilt he sent me some brass a while back.

P.S. Please fix your grammar and spelling, before you get the boot.

O.K. We have had three people tell him off for the grammar, and that should be enough before the admins start picking us off.

Also, I wasn't aware that Flaming Hilt still had brass. Do you remember what sizes he sent you?

#99991 Accuracy And Lasers

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Everybody I know uses very good eye protection, shop goggles, ski goggles, sunglasses, that kind of think, which is why it is OK with us to use lasers.

Perhaps you didn't realize, but those types of eye protection won't reflect or absorb laser light.

#99989 I Need A Small Pice Of Brass.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

This has nothing to do with brass, but I suggest moving this to the trading forum and fixing your grammar and spelling before an administrator goes off on you.

#99986 Accuracy And Lasers

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

Shadow, you made a good point, however, if everyone is smart and follows the rule of eye protection, we can avoid those icky situations.

You can try to avoid those situations, but accidents do happen. We would rather not see or hear about one of those accidents, which is why we discourage the use of lasers.

#99984 Trade Problem

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 February 2007 - 02:51 PM in General Nerf

Back on topic, I recieved a friendly email today from Starbuck, He said they should be shipped out in a coouple of days, hopefully this will be actually true. Third time is the charm!

Let's hope that you actually get the guns this time. Also, you should inquire as to why there was such a delay. It is, after all, common courtesy to inform clients of such happenings.

We were all noobs once, and everybody feels that way about their first mod.

First part: Yes
Second part: Speak for yourself.

#99963 Accuracy And Lasers

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 February 2007 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I would like to point out to anyone who is using lasers that placing the laser beneath the barrel and not angling it upwards is the most accurate way to use a laser sight, since the lower position of the laser will help compensate for some of the fall of the dart during flight. I still don't recommend lasers, though.