nerfer34's Content

There have been 1000 items by nerfer34 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#81738 At2k Air Stock Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 13 May 2006 - 08:50 AM in General Nerf

OK thanks. How should I center the tubing in the stock? Wrap tons of tape around it and shove it in? Also how close should the tubing be from the valve?

#81711 At2k Air Stock Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 12 May 2006 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

I pumped the at2k over 30 times and NO air is going to the at2k air tank.

#81729 At2k Air Stock Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 12 May 2006 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

Well I yet to put on the stock. Will that make a difference? I am pumping it without the stock so the air thats supposed to go into the stock is just going in the air. This is basically a brand new at2k, it doesn't have a leak.

Edt- look at the 3rd pic in my first post. That is how I am pumping it. Will it make a differnece? Shouldn't air still travel to the at2k tank?

#83904 At2k Air Stock Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 June 2006 - 04:21 PM in General Nerf

THank you carrtoon! I'm getting to work now!

#84214 At2k Air Stock Problems

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 July 2006 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

YOu can make it a removable ball joint? Sweet. Ya can you do that. Well even if I had pics I still wouldn't be able to fix it. Trust me. It looked EXACTLY like yours. I wouldn't have gotten it done.

#76900 At2k Barreled Nite Finder

Posted by nerfer34 on 19 March 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

Nice idea. YOu should be able to improve thos ranges though. Did you remove the peg and restrictors/ and replace the barrel? Also th3e barrel looks like it will fall off, How is it?

#74427 At2k Coupler Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 February 2006 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

I'll answer this one for ya
- I prefer using Epoxy ( found at local Home Depot or Lowes) If I can't get my hands on epoxy then I use superglue then put some hotglue over it to perfect the seal. And finally grab some electrical tape and just tape it over.

-Um how could you tell that the barrel is straight? There are no pictures showing how straight the barrel is so I don't know what you are talking about.

Note- I am not saying the barrel isn't straight you just can't tell from the pics

#134067 At2k Tank Q And A Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 December 2007 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone and thanks Piney.

I'm gonna throw the stock 2k pump on there.

It's good to be back here with some modding time! I won't dissapooint you guys.

#134449 At2k Tank Q And A Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 December 2007 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

I completely forgot about your writeup... I might as well do that whole mod...

Altohugh my 2k internals look the exact same, I don't understand why mine isn't working. I think I'm gonna try this and I'll let ya know.

#134440 At2k Tank Q And A Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 December 2007 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

I plumbers gooped this thing for 2 days straight, and waited for it to dry and there's still air leaking somewhere. I don't understand it, I've put so much goop!

If it doesn't work tomorrow, I'll get some pics up.

I think it would be REALLY REALLY helpful if someone could create a writeup on how to remove the goo gauge SIMPLY from the 2k. I would of I knew how....

I'll give the update tomorrow.

#134013 At2k Tank Q And A Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 December 2007 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

I have a bunch of 2k tanks and I've been working with them for a LONG time. I still haven;t figured out how it exactly works. As I do my work by trial and error..

So here is what I figured would have a shot at being functional. Frost, I borrowed your picture. THANKS

Posted Image

So what I did was saw off The goo tube. I realized that the orange plastic was obviously still inside the white openning. So I decided to saw off the whole white connector piece. The picture shows what I have now( the circled part).

So I took a bike pump and tubing and hooked them up and put a bunch of plumbers Goop, let it dry airrtight.

So I pump and there's a ton of resistance. But the 2k tank Won't fill up. Everthing's airtight, no air is escaping.

So did I cut off a valve?

What should I do?

Thanks

#134043 At2k Tank Q And A Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 27 December 2007 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

OK thanks for some input. So do you think it's worth a shot with like a stock 2k pump?( just change the pump?)

#84218 At2k Tube Extension

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 July 2006 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

First off why would you extend it? If you extended it like an inch nothing would happen.

#72349 At3k Help Asap

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 February 2006 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

OK thanks for clearing things up. Have you tried pulling the bar from the rear instead of the front? What happens? How thick is the bar?

#72303 At3k Help Asap

Posted by nerfer34 on 04 February 2006 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

I believe your supposed to saw off the barrels to perform a mod.( If that's what you meant)

#134551 At3k Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 December 2007 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

Thanks Wrath.

Yea, the hotglue track helped a lot, without it, it kept like jamming but now it flows smoothly.

I personally think range is incresed with the goo gauge removed. Some people may think that I'm just saying that because I did that in my own mod, by honestly I think it helps. Although I can't prove it. If you have the connector in hand, I say go for it.

#134470 At3k Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 December 2007 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

OK, so here I will show you how to save you at3k when a piece from the turret devive has broke. Here's the piece that broke for me.
Posted Image

I tried re-gluing many times, they all eventually broke off.

So let's get this straight. DO NOT DO THIS MOD IF YOUR AT3K IS WORKING FINE. THIS MOD GETS RID OF THE BEST PART OF THE 3K, THE AUTO ROTATED TURRET.

But in the end, this mod should come close to comparing to a turretted 3k.

Open up the 3k, it's pretty easy.
Here are the internals without the pump.
Posted Image
You can choose not to plug the pump if you really don't want to risk your gun, but I've found that the 3k is tough and doesn't leak, so I went ahead and plugged it. For more info on plugging the pump on an air gun, use Nerfhaven's SEARCH feature.

Posted Image

Next I wanted to extend the pump because I'm not a big fan of the stock 3k pump. I took a dowel, I wish I could tell you the exact size.... I bought it at Home Depot and I know it's above 1/2" in size. I think it may be 9/16" or 19/32" dowel size. It fits PERFECTLY in the 3k pump. So just hotglue it in there and cut it to a reasonable size, it doesn't matter much.
Posted Image
Now see that white piece in my above picture, that was the piece that broke for me. Cut it off so it looks like thisPosted Image
Here is the new completed pump- I added some PVC for a grip.
Posted Image
Now we have to make the sheel accomodate the new pump. This should be easy enough, just take your hacksaw or dremel and cut it like this. Some may think it's a little messy, but hey this gun had some problems before and this gap can easily be touched up later with putty or foam.

Posted Image
It's time to get rid of the goo gauge, I HATE the goo gauge. It seems like it makes me just keep pumpin and pumpin..... Here's the stupid gauge.
Posted Image
Here's how to remove it- Cut the orange and clear tubing closest to the gauge. Then take one of these or a barb would work.
Posted Image
Now connect the tubes with it, so it looks like this
Posted Image

OK now to get that turret off, since it serves no function. Unscrew all of the screws that hold down the tank and rotation pieces. Remove all pieces that you can. Everything(except for the tank obviously). You should get down to this
Posted Image
And all of this should be what you have removed(I just used the other shell as a tray)
Posted Image
Now see that metal bar that is holding in the turret? There are these 2 little nubs of metal that need to be removed to remove the turret and the metal bar. You can only really see one in this picture
Posted Image
Well take a pair of these
Posted Image
And cut one end off, you'll notice from here, you can just take a small screwdriver and poke the other little metal nub through the other side. SO it's off!
Posted Image

Posted ImageNow you can put on your barrel material or a coupler. I gooped on a coupler.
Posted Image
After it dries, screw it back in to the casing
Posted Image
Now here's where it got a little tricky. With the new pump, there was a chance that you could pull the pump out all the way, which I didn't want. So I marked how far I wanted the pump to extend and put some hotglue there and let it dry. The hot glue stops the pump from going out to far. I also put some hotglue below the pump to act as a track.
Posted Image
For best results, do the same gluing to the other half of the shell. Now close the gun up and you're done!
Posted Image

I'm throwing my Inline Simple Clip on there, so now it has 4 shots too! The best part is, is that this pump extends further than any other 3k mods out there, so 1 pump is very efficient and quick to fill the tank!

Ranges with 1 pump are VERY good. Singled with a 8" barrel and 1 pump, this thing gets the same as my maxshot which is 90'.

With my 4 shot inline, I'm getting low 80s- 80'.

I will update this, when I get my shotgun attachment working. I'm also going to paint this.

#134476 At3k Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 December 2007 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

Nice mod! But where do you get those tube connectors or barbs? ANd can you remove the goo gauge on a 2K the same way as you did with your 3k? Because mine is always filled, so if pump too much the gauge will explode :o

They have these connectors at Home Depot or Lowes or probably any local harware store. Look in the plumbing section and its a size 1/4" tubing connector.

No, the 2k is harder to remove the goo gauge from, sadly. I wish it were this easy on the 2k.....

Keef, ya I probably should have done that myself, but nothing seemed to stay for me, probably because of my extended pump and it has more force on that piece.

#134555 At3k Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 December 2007 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

I've turned into an air powered guy like you Piney.

Silent and deadly.

The tank really cracked in half? I've never seen that happen. I have a sm750 with its pump plugged and my friend pumps it like 6 times even though I always say pump it 3-4. But its still shooting strong...

I'm going to try to get a video of my inline up, I'm still not so sure if people understand how effective they are(with the exception of Carbon and Frost).

#134513 At3k Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 December 2007 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

ALright dude, the ONLY reason I did this mod write-up was to help the newer members out.

I know that a lot of people own a 3k and if something goes wrong, resort to this. That is why I have like 15 or so pics.

#89038 Attaching Guns

Posted by nerfer34 on 04 September 2006 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

I like Cole's idea.

Nerfnewbie- I'd cut down the PVC a bit and then your idea is good too.

#77603 Attention Bc Nerfers...

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

By BC do you mean Boston College?

#165524 Attention Weight Lifters

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 July 2008 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

From what I understand Creative/this M5 business fucks up and scars your kidneys.

It hasn't been proven. Doctors can say that all they want but people at my gym have been taking creatince for 10+ years.

I'm just suggesting a supplement that has worked for me, just trying to help.

Noexplode gets you jacked yes but that's the stuff I've heard isn't good for you.

M5 does have cretien in it but you DO NOT have to drink a lot of water. I haven't felt dehydrated yet. It also doesn't make you bloat.

Blacksunshine-you can talk shit about supplemtns all you want but every big guy takes supplements no doubt.

Oh BTW, I take the powder form and the flavor is "island punch". It doesn't taste good at all.

This stuff is so strong that you only take 1 tablespoon a day and 1/2 tablespoon on off days.

#165368 Attention Weight Lifters

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 July 2008 - 11:03 AM in Off Topic

I have found by far the best supplement that I'd thought I'd share with whoever works out here.

M5. This stuff has had basically no side effects on me. I've been taking it for 3 months. I have gotten HUGE. I've gained 20 pounds in 3 months. You can lift everyday with this stuff. The best part is that you do not tire out. It's amzing stuff.

I know FA24 works out and FA get on this if you haven't already!

#165670 Attention Weight Lifters

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 July 2008 - 01:34 PM in Off Topic

Well FA I did it. I weighed in at the doctors 3 months ago at 148, Now I am 168 exactly.

I have lifted every single day except 4. I've also been eating like a pig and taking muscle milk after every workout and once before I go to bed.

That is one thing that concerns me FA, I hope I don't lose my size, as I will be getting off of it in september.

But as for strech marks? Not untill I'm like 50.

#167110 Attention Weight Lifters

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 August 2008 - 12:52 PM in Off Topic

I took M5 and did sweat a lot the first 2 ays I took it but no big deal. I was never constipated.

#237964 Attn Boston/ma People

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 June 2009 - 10:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in boston and I'd be able to make it.

But I'm sure there must be a better location for a war around here..

#79191 Automobile Thread

Posted by nerfer34 on 08 April 2006 - 07:17 PM in Off Topic

but I'm saving up for a set of torque thrust II's.

Are torque thrusts golf clubs? If they aren't then sorry but I thought I've heard of them beforew. Anyways I golf a lot too. It is very fun to play but not too fun to watch..

#103457 Average Height.

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 May 2007 - 07:18 PM in Off Topic

I'm 5' 10'' at 14.

Haha exact same for me!

#142155 Awsome Dremel Set Deal

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 February 2008 - 11:52 AM in Off Topic

Yea, the "dremel" I got is probably going to crap out on me soon(no problems yet), but even if it does break there's no loss.

#141554 Awsome Dremel Set Deal

Posted by nerfer34 on 20 February 2008 - 05:31 PM in Off Topic

THANK YOU OFALLTHE NERF!

I went to BJs yesterday and I happened to get a much better deal than you did!

Pic
Posted Image

And the funny part is the price. Brace yourself. $19.99.
It comes with a dremel, diamond cutting wheel and 5 diamond drill bits. Plus over 200 other bits!

#135683 Awsome Dremel Set Deal

Posted by nerfer34 on 11 January 2008 - 11:34 PM in Off Topic

BJ's was rated one of the best stores in the U.S a while back.

It really is a great store, the prices are ridiculously cheap. I'm fortunate enough to live 5 minutes away.

....If only they sold nerf....

#157384 Ballzooka Ammo Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 May 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Can the ballzooka fire the newer green nerf ballistic balls? I know obviously that it can fire the older yellow ones.

But do the green ones improve/decrease range or do they not fire at all?

Thanks

#157415 Ballzooka Ammo Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 May 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Thank you Badger.

#157390 Ballzooka Ammo Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 May 2008 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

Update, after long searching I found 3 green nerf balls!

But.... They DO NOT fire out of the ballzooka.....

So Keks, are you just making this up or what?

#86156 Banding Magstrikes Bladder

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 July 2006 - 08:08 AM in Modifications

I really like Doom's idea but I can't find a rubber tube that has near the ID of the magstrikes OD....

#86066 Banding Magstrikes Bladder

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 July 2006 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

When banding the bladder of the magstrike does it matter how tight you loop that rubber bands around it? How many should you put on? Like 50 or so? Thanks! I have searched and found nothing and I've already been PMed 6 times on how to band a bladder.

Banding a bladder is basically locating the bladder in an automatic blaster( its in the "paintball stock" part of the magstrike) and puutting rubber bands on it. The harder way but probably more effective way is to saw off about an inch of the bladder.

#86239 Banding Magstrikes Bladder

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 August 2006 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

Yea, Its bigger than 1 inch.

#141707 Bandoleer

Posted by nerfer34 on 21 February 2008 - 12:49 PM in General Nerf

I really like it.

I did something similar, I just glued PETG tubing to a belt. But mine only carres about 15.

Looks good too.

#77329 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 March 2006 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

I have never banded any of my guns before but I plan to now. I was wondering if it was possible to band the gun on the interior. Is it possible? I just don't really like the look of all of the bands and stuff. Also where do you get those mini bungies?