Awsome Dremel Set Deal

Mmmhm....

14 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

Well I recently got (or rather, it was "got" for me: late Christmas present) a set of Dremel bits from BJ's (Massachusetts). It includes a wide selection of drill bits along with some other interestingly shaped tools, but the best part about it is that it includes the Diamond Wheel, which usually sells alone for ~$15-$20. I saw Forsaken_Angel talking about it a while back, and it really does cut plastic like a hot knife through butter. No more worries about the disk flinging off at you, either. I haven't tried it on metal yet, but I bet it'll work very well for cutting brass (FA's longshot mod).

Pics

Posted Image

Blueprints

Posted Image

You won't even believe the price, $15! The Diamond Wheel alone is worth that much.

I don't think alot of you live near MA, but this is for those who do, or for those who have a local BJ's (they might have it in other states).

Good luck!
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

Very nice.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

I'll have to check to BJ's by me tomorrow. I've been looking for something like this for a long time for cheap. Thanks for the heads up OATN!

Edited by badger, 06 January 2008 - 11:43 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

BJ's was rated one of the best stores in the U.S a while back.

It really is a great store, the prices are ridiculously cheap. I'm fortunate enough to live 5 minutes away.

....If only they sold nerf....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Too bad I live on the west coast.... And I have $15 too! <_<

#6 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

I got a dremel set for $20. I thought it was a pretty good deal it came with 100 pieces. I think this one was probably a better deal though, good find.

Edited by venom213, 16 January 2008 - 04:35 PM.

#7 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Those black cutting discs standing upright in the top right of the first picture will do wonders cutting metal. I use them for that, and they're recommended for it. They're carbide cutting discs. They'll cut copper and brass nicely, I recently used them to cut a chrome plated copper plumbing fitting for an unnamed project that has yet to be completed due to time.

Back on topic. Nice gift you got there! I only have a small dremel starter box.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#8 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Those black cutting discs standing upright in the top right of the first picture will do wonders cutting metal. I use them for that, and they're recommended for it. They're carbide cutting discs. They'll cut copper and brass nicely, I recently used them to cut a chrome plated copper plumbing fitting for an unnamed project that has yet to be completed due to time.

Back on topic. Nice gift you got there! I only have a small dremel starter box.

I've been cutting metal with the normal "heavy-duty-(snap if you break them)" cutting discs, but I'll try those out (for FA's LS mod). It's really annoying having to wear ear plugs everytime I cut metal, not to mention being afraid of flying discs....

Also, the grinding bits (I think they're for stone) are really good for sanding, better than the sanders in my opinion. They give you more control (grind slower) and also come in better shapes.

Good luck everyone!

#9 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

It's really annoying having to wear ear plugs everytime I cut metal, not to mention being afraid of flying discs....

That's not a fun thing to do, about the discs... I think it was los frijoles at the spudtech forums who was using his dremel when it slipped out of his hands and cut his thumb. Not off, but he had one hell of a gash that was maybe 2 inches long. Knowing what deep finger cuts look like, it was pretty bad and a good reminder to be careful with all the tools we use. No matter how dormant they may seem.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

THANK YOU OFALLTHE NERF!

I went to BJs yesterday and I happened to get a much better deal than you did!

Pic
Posted Image

And the funny part is the price. Brace yourself. $19.99.
It comes with a dremel, diamond cutting wheel and 5 diamond drill bits. Plus over 200 other bits!

Edited by nerfer34, 20 February 2008 - 05:40 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#11 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

Nice find!

I'll have to check my BJ's this weekend.

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

And the funny part is the price. Brace yourself. $19.99.
It comes with a dremel, diamond cutting wheel and 5 diamond drill bits. Plus over 200 other bits!

That's not a "Dremel". It's rotary tool. :P

Great deal though. I honestly think the Dremel made products are worth the extra dollars. I had a knock off brand Dremel and it crapped out on my in a month (I'm hard on my dremel).

I think it was los frijoles at the spudtech forums who was using his dremel when it slipped out of his hands and cut his thumb. Not off, but he had one hell of a gash that was maybe 2 inches long. Knowing what deep finger cuts look like, it was pretty bad and a good reminder to be careful with all the tools we use. No matter how dormant they may seem.

Yes dremels are very dangerous. Earlier this month I cut my left index finger with a dremel pretty deep. Now I have to live with permanent nerve damage. I have limited feeling on the tip of my finger.

Just be careful, and wear eye protection while using a dremel also. Especially with the flying cutting discs.

The diamond cutting wheels are definitely worth the price. They cut through pretty much anything you will need, Nerf related.

#13 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, I agree that I would want the actually tool to be Dremel. Although I have no problem using off-brand bits, mostly because they don't cost as much.

I'm also selling some Diamond Wheels, 6.50 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

#14 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

Shoot, I'm going to Laser Quest next weekend, I'll make sure to stop at BJ's, thanks OFallthenerf!
Wait, is this the BJ's in danvers?
Hopefully my dad cuts the cost with me, after all I'm buying it for his dremel.

#15 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

Yea, the "dremel" I got is probably going to crap out on me soon(no problems yet), but even if it does break there's no loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users