At2k Tube Extension

What happens?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

If you were to lengthen the yellow tube in the At2k with some vinyl tubing, what would happen?
Anything?
I'm assuming that you would have to pump more in order to prime the gun...
But, I dunno for sure.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

First off why would you extend it? If you extended it like an inch nothing would happen.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

Not much. The volume increase you'd get would probably be minimal. I'd recommend expanding the AT2k airtank if you're looking for more power. Just be careful with the firing pin; make sure you remove the spring on the firing pin, or somehow lengthen it if you're looking to expand the tank by a large amount.

~ompa

#4 Agent X10

Agent X10

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

I believe that Lefty said that one of the ways he expands the tank volume is by drilling a hole in the side of the tank and gluing the end of a capped length of CPVC into the tank. That elimnates messing with making the tank longer, and having to deal with pin problems. Another method is to cut the tank in half and put in a piece of a 1/2" coupler, but there you might have problems getting it back together straight. Anyhow, you'd need a goodly amount of extra hose to make much of a noticeable increase in range (depending on the size hose you intend to use). I hope that this helps you.
"I hear footsteps in the attic!"
"Mice!"
"And foul oaths and curses!"
"Ill-bred mice!"

"I cut brass with my teeth. No, I use a dremel and a cutting wheel." --Ompa

#5 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:01 PM

No. I don't really want to expand the air tank.
I just need to know whether it would do anything if I added more vinyl tubing to the yellow tube for a pump relocation.
I just want to make an At2k integration and don't have enough room for the pump, so I want to put to somewhere else and that place is too far away with the normal tube lenght.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#6 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

Nothing would happen. It's just gonna take the air longer to reach the tank. Most people do away with the yellow vinyl and use some 1/4 inch vinyl so that they can poistion the tube and tank exactly how they want in an integration.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users