Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58050 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

Oh!!!! Crap that is nice! I thought it was a single shot. Damn!

TS

#58047 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 06:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I was only scared of it when it was just the two of us and I had no eye protection. He can also use less pumps to get 65-80 with it.

TS

#58041 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

How many pumps per shot?

Other than that, looks great, real professional-like. Even though it's not so practical, I like it.

TS

#58040 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Okey. Every major poster in this topic has said that they are coming. I'm still trying to round up some others.

1. Siler. You said that you were pretty close. Please post and tell me if you're coming or not, I know I'm being annoying, but I want the biggest possible turnout. I hope you can come.

2. Euphemism. You also posted a couple of weeks ago. No one really cares if someone is new, because we all are bringing spare weapons/ammo that you could use. I hope you can come as well.

So, right now it's around 11/12 people. Works for me, but i'd always like more people there.

TS

#58037 Bbb Help

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Which way should they be facing? Left to right, or up to down.

TS

*EDIT* I'm talking about the little orange square pieces. *END EDIT*

*EDIt #2* Wow i'm stupid. He just said that it shouldn't be sideways. Nevermind! *END EDIT*

*EDIT #3* Okey, I put them in the other way, still no dice. What seems to be happening is that the plunger is moving forward, as expected, but then my handle piece doesn't want to move forward. Is there anything that I could have put in wrong that would affect the sliding of the handle piece? It's just the rod above the plunger shaft, and the shaft itself. *END EDIT*

#58031 Bbb Help

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the title says it all. I was re-barreling my BBB, and after finishing it, I put it back together. Incorrectly, obviously. I looked at inside pics, and saw what to do, i forgot to put the plunger end on the catch mechanism. So i did that and screwed it back together. I fired it, but then was unable to push it forward to be able to cock it again. Any suggestions?

TS

#57956 Lightnin' Blitz Mod?

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 June 2005 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys, you're awsome. I posted like... 1 1/2 hours before and I have 3 helpful replies. I love it.

Anyways. Ompa, 2 things. First, how long was your PVC barrel? Second, how did you secure the barrel in the case? There's gunna be a lot of extra room. Would it be possible to stick... say a crayola or longer piece of brass in there, then put the pvc over it?

TS

#57948 Lightnin' Blitz Mod?

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 June 2005 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

I was screwing around with my LB when i realized that it takes a good deal of air pressure to fire 5 darts simultaneously to ~30 ft. Since it's too big to be a backup, I decided to single barrel it, therefore getting all of that pressure in one shot. Piece of cake, right? Not at all. The piping to the barrels is glued on heavily, and I don't want to cut through the air tank to find out where the air is coming out from. Could anyone tell me where to cut? Pictures would help a great deal, but measurements work as well. And yes, I searched, NH and NHQ.

TS

#57903 Your Combo

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 June 2005 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

I either use a decent range/ROF primary with an NF, or a CXWQ'd Maxshot with an SF.

And i seriously don't get why people would carry more than two guns, because all it does is weigh you down, it doesn't get you any closer to what you're trying to hit. When you're fishing out another crap gun, they'll rush you, and you'll get owned. It's just simple logic.

TS

#57894 Mods In The Making, You Guys Have Never Seen

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 June 2005 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Sweet all around. Always good to see that the community is growing. The one thing that bothers me, as Talio pointed out, is that Titans are WAY too powerful. After seeing it shoot, no one will be within 100 feet of you. Guaranteed. Plus, again, quoting Talio, that the Titan is kinda an asshole weapon, because it's overly powerful. He said it could chip bark. Or are you not Ompa-modding it? If so, ignore almost everything I just said.

Overall, good ideas, though I'd like you to explain what a "brass break barrel design" is. I'm interested if it will work well on a hornet.

TS

#57881 At2k Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 June 2005 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Ok. I got the spring off, put on the piece of bic pen, screwed the case together, and went outside. With a quad 6" PETG turret, it fired pretty well, until i heard a weird squeaking noise when i went over 5-6 pumps. The pump is plugged.

Oh, and i didn't want to start another topic with the same basic name, so I just posted it here.

TS

#57831 At2k Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 June 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I know it's kinda old, but i searched, and couldn't find a sufficient answer.

I can't seem to get the spring off of the firing pin. Is there some specific way to do this? I tried everything - pliers, cutting it, nothing worked.

TS

#57757 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 June 2005 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Do you think that you could fit brass/PETG in there the same way and get similar results? I still have to find cpvc somewhere...

TS

#57730 Need A Good Pistol

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 June 2005 - 12:12 PM in General Nerf

I might be wrong but my modded night fire shoots farther than my modded tech target but I don't know I got my tech target out from under a friends porch where it had been under there for years. Also my nf is wicked light just get rid of the light and the batteries but both are fine. :w00t:

Well, how did you mod both of the guns? I've found that in your posts you usually don't give enough info for people to really understand/care about what you're saying. I honestly haven't CPVC'd my TTG, but with my PETG'd NF i get around 50', so i think that they have about equal power. Going back to what madman said about noise, I think you could just stuff some foam/pipe insulator in the gun and it will absorb some of the big Clang! noises.

TS

#57703 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by Team Slaya on 17 June 2005 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

I don't know what people are talking about, it goes farther than my stock nite finder by at least a few feet.

Yeah, generally they would be talking about a modded NF, because it's really easy to mod, so when talking about a NF, keep that in mind.

I was thinking about dremeling the insides of each barrel and fitting cpvc into them - is this even possible, and would it be effective?

Think about it for a second. No, seriously, think about it. You'd have to cut off the case where the turret ends to fit on the cpvc, because it would stick out. That, in turn, would take out one of the sides of the rotator, rendering it useless, because there's no way you could have those barrels and the rotation mechanism in there as well. Nice idea, but it probably won't happen because of the turret.

#57651 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 June 2005 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd say ten, that's when i'm getting there. If anyone's house is nearby i'd really like to stop in for about 5 minutes. Please?

TS

#57594 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 June 2005 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Now that it being a pansy. The worst you could get is a welt, and that goes away in a day or two. And then you have anti-pansy insurance, because if someone calls you a pansy, you whip out the welt, and they'll leave you alone. Plus, that's only from pretty high powered guns, and even then, if they're powerful, they'll be used from a decent range, to the player's advantage. Sigh, i guess there's nothing to do.

Well there is a positive side to this post. Yazz's friend can come, as well as a newer nerfer, who only has a tek 6, waiting to be uberfied by jb's mod. He will be coming with me. I hope you guys bring extra primaries, as i'm on the low end myself, unless i get to mod that maxshot there.

TS

#57379 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 June 2005 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

What if I were to say: "I could bring a maximum of about 8-12 people....."
How would you respond to that?> 
Then there is the problem of transportation and getting by the parents.

Where did siler go? Siler, are you still with us? We need your people! :P

Most of us might have weapons for them. Check how many can actually come, and if you can make it, and then get back to us soon.

And yes, i know that he posted a while ago.

TS

*EDIT*

I'm sure his parents don't want a whole bunch of kids they don't know tramping through their house and making it stink up with epoxy and hot glue and dropping plastic shavings all over. I understand the fact that you're getting the brass there to mod your gun, but you can just borrow someone else's gun (my aresnal has grown, use one of them). Alternatively, I could just bring my epoxy and my pocketknife, which requires no electricity, and will work just as well as hot glue and a dremel.

Okay, yeah, i realize that it's somone's house, but still, I seriously need to glue 2 things, and then i'll have a modded Maxshot. :huh:

#57377 I Think My At2k Is Broken

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 June 2005 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

Check valve is probably defunct. THere are more threads like this. Your best bet is to replace it.

Do you mean replacing the gun, or the valve? If the latter, how would you do that?

TS

#57376 Stefan Help

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 June 2005 - 07:58 PM in Homemades

Are you sure that you have a nice seal on the barrel? Try putting another bead of hot glue around the barrel where it connects to the tank, or rip off the barrel and try again. The at2k was my first mod; i ended up snapping off the barrel twice to reglue and got better results, twice. Until it died.... but that doesn't matter. :P

TS

*EDIT*

I made a hole in the front to put a fishing wait in then i put some hot glue over it

How far down was the hole? Are your darts spinning out, or going straight but with no power? Some of my early stefans spun out because i made too big of a hole for the weight. As it says in almost any stefan making intructions - make a hole big enough for the weight, not for 3.... they don't work, believe me. :huh:

#57346 Rototrack Broken

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 June 2005 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

I don't have any pictures

Picture?

Hmmmm.....

#57316 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 June 2005 - 06:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. Well, obviously i'm in. I'll be bringing around 150 stefans, and around 20 stock darts, just for kicks. I'll be bringing my Sm1500, SF, 2 NF's, Triple shot (reserve), Max shot (to be modded with the brass i'm getting there), and probably my Powerclip, if someone can find a way to fix it. Also with me will be my trusty glue gun, some sort of work cover, glue, electrical tape, files, screwdrivers, and all the modding tools that i can collect from my garage. I'll probably think of something else to bring, but it probably won't be significant.

TS

*EDIT* user, we should make eyewear mandatory. Someone should bring a couple extra pairs just in case, however. No one wants to get hit in the eye with a stefan.

*EDIT #2* I doubt that Yazz will be on NH in the near future, but i KNOW that he is coming. Unfortunately for him, the only gun that works that he owns is an sm5k, and he is currently using a copper barrel, and it gets around 115 max with 4 pumps. He hopes to get brass from me...
heh

*EDIT #3* Jb, how many people are you bringing/not bringing? Just curious about the number of people, yet again. I think it will be awsome as is, but more people=more fun in my eyes.

#57267 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 June 2005 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Kiljhadh, how far is your house from the park? Is it walking distance? If so, modders could, theoretically, come to your house to mod, then walk over to the park with you. That would work better, for there is an obvious lack of electricity in the middle of a park.

Arcanis/userjb, could we have a set-in-stone headcount? I'm just curious, and it's probably just the old list plus 1 or 2. Thanks if you can do so.

TS

#57220 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 June 2005 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

Talio, if it had been working properly, by all means, i would never have tried this. My At2k was, and still is, seriously fucked up. I was just fooling around with it, hoping it would work, but not meaning to actually use it, kinda like collectors coins... in a way... except not.

Anyway, i've been thinking up ideas for a replacable airtank mod to an at2k, or possibly a 3k. My dad and i were talking about trying to get some of his old tanks together, these are small tanks, probably a 5 atmosphere limit, and trying to make removable airtanks. The idea is to expand on Robo7fish's idea of the semi-auto, except that i'd have multiple tanks for quick switching. This is still in the main idea "phase", if you can even really call it that. More like a "Hmm... maybe that'll work" phase. Comments/Criticism would be great.

Note - I didn't start a new topic because i don't think it deserved it, for all i was doing was expanding on Robo's idea.

TS

#57177 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 June 2005 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

Will someone help me out? I tried doing this mod, and when i tried to pump it up, the air came out of the pump handle? Is this the "check valve" or something being screwed up?

TS

#57106 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 June 2005 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

FG - Okey, I'll have $20 when i come

User - Damn... i forgot it was a park... no electricity... you see, this is the problem. I'll be getting my brass there, so i won't be able to mod before hand, therefore i'll seriously suck... oh well.

Kiljhadh, is there a place nearby that we could get some electricity? Probably not, but i'll bring a plastic cover just in case.

NOB - I'll be making stefans all this weekend and next, but it'll only total around 200. I have some stock darts, but those don't count. Hopefully, someone else will bring a shitload, because I'm gunna need most of mine. I'll be happy to shell some out.

TS

#57066 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 June 2005 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet FG, thanks a bunch. How much would it all cost?

User - 26th, as NOB said, would have Kiljhadh coming, and I would like the biggest total of people we can get there. If there are any problems with the 26th, TELL US SOON! As you may have realized, we only have another week (*EDIT* Heh, just kidding. After user's post, i do realize that we have over 2 weeks. *END EDIT*). Also, i think that people should leave according to THEIR schedule - how much time to get home, when dinner is, etc. For my family, dinner is usually 7-730, and we're 10-15 minutes away from arlington, so i'd probably leave at 7 if other people were still there, but if it's just me and Yazz (also from lexington) then i'd leave. Just a suggestion. I'm willing to come earlier as well, i would like the longest possible time, because it's basically the only nerfing i'm doing all summer, and it's my first war. Just ideas, again.

TS

#56978 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 June 2005 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Considering some of us don't have impressive arsenals, everyone should bring all working guns ( or fixable ones ), ammo, and materials for modding, such as tools, brass, copper, PETG, tape, hot glue, etc. Everything that you think might be useful. We might spend some time at the beginning modding if we want to, or have some mod while the others have a small game going on. It all depends on what people bring, and what we're interested in doing. Oh, and i will pay someone if they go out and get 5' of 9/16th brass and 1' of 17/32 brass, i'll pay for the price of it plus $5.

TS

#56908 Pissing Me Off

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 June 2005 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Would PETG work in the same situation? I was wondering if I could substitute PETG and get similar results, or is it too fragile?

TS

#56841 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 June 2005 - 05:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay! Now we have enough so that if some don't come, we still have a cushion to land on. We need a solid date, however, because my parents are gunna get pissed if they don't know exactly when they should be driving me. I'm hearing a lot of 25th and 26th, and I can do both, but i can't do those other ideas, like the ones in the PM that user sent out.

TS

#56821 3dbbq

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 June 2005 - 09:25 PM in Homemades

I suppose I'll second that...
Anyways, last we've seen from 3DBBQ was his new game, GunnyBunny2, a sweet flash game with great graphics. I posted it somewhere on this website but I believe it was eaten. Do a google search if you want to play it.

Actually, GunnyBunny 1 and 2 are on flashplayer, along with a bunch of other games/moves that either suck or own. Check it out.

TS

#56600 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 June 2005 - 09:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Kinda pushing it... maybe.

How so? Conflicts???

#56570 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 June 2005 - 04:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh! Sunday also works for me. I just thought that it wouldn't work because it wasn't listed.

TS

#56532 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 June 2005 - 08:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok. So is there a definate date? Can we have the votes in a nice post please? Thank you JB, you pwn.

TS

#56498 Airtech2000mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 June 2005 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Ehhhh? If it's coming out of the pump "tube" then that's a broken check valve at the back of the pump. Uncureable. If it's the handle/shaft itself, then yes that's an overpressure release valve acting up. Take out the handle/shaft, look in the back, and clog the small hole with hot glue.

Odd. I had the same problem with my At2k - the check valve thing - or the problem with air leaking out the pump tube. I thought that it was just the fact that there was too much space between the o-ring and the pump tube itself, so i just slathered (sp?) around it and various places on my pump. Worked like a charm.

TS

#56496 Happy June

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 June 2005 - 09:56 PM in Off Topic

Well, I end school on the 10th

Grrr... My school gets out on the 29th... stupid snow days.

The only thing that is really important in my summer area right now is MANO ( or whatever we're gunna call the MA war ). I'm really pysched.

TS

#56494 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 June 2005 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Great job scouting out, but all of the images say that they are temporarily unavailiable. Is that because it is a direct connection to your computer? Or am i just really stupid?

TS

#56201 Sm1500 Strange Fact

Posted by Team Slaya on 31 May 2005 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Wait, you pumped a release-valve plugged 1500 14 times!? Why, man? WHY!?

Well, i just go on the general rule of "If it gets damn hard to pump, don't pump anymore" with plugged pumps. 14 was the max that i could do until it was really hard.

#56142 Some Night Finder Questions

Posted by Team Slaya on 31 May 2005 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

First of all, welcome to Nerf Haven, and nice first post.

1- I've searched for a thread on here, and other sites for that matter, on the topic of finding stores that sell PETG, and have found none. Contact frank8715, because thats where i got mine.

2- I think either PETG or crayola will work, because i've done both and they work about the same ( crayola works better.) Here is the mod I used to PPK mod my NF, which was the crayola one, but my crayolas were shorter, so i only used a 5 1/2" PVC case around the crayola, and it works for me.

4- To expand on what grunty said, a good way to find air restrictors is to look through the barrel with a flashlight, or take the gun apart and look through it. Anything that blocks your view, except for the plunger that is, is an air restrictor, and you will get better ranges from better airflow if you dremel/punch some holes through it.

Hope this helps and good luck

TS

#56137 Sm1500 Strange Fact

Posted by Team Slaya on 31 May 2005 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Yeah, i noticed that as well, when i crayola/pvc modded my SM1500 ( it's temporary, i don't have any brass ). I pumped it up 14 times and it got better and better as i lessened pumps from 14 to 10 to 7, but i never assumed 4. I'm gunna go try that right now....

TS