Stefan Help

how can you make good stefans?

20 replies to this topic

#1 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

ok today my friend and i were trying to make mico stefans. I made a hole in the front to put a fishing wait in then i put some hot glue over it. I rounded the glue on top but when i fired it went only half tyhe range a stock micro. They where strait to.

any help would be appreciatied
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:56 PM

What gun are you using and what kind of barrel are you firing from? Stefans very often need to be fired from moddified barrels, such as barrels made out of brass or cpvc. If the barrel is not moddified, the dart is probably too loose in the barrel.

#3 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

i used cpvc to fire them but it uhked

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#4 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:21 PM

What gun are you using? Does the dart have a tight or loose fit? What are the ranges compared to gun firing stock?

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

You are probably using the wrong barrel material for your stefans.

#6 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

well i am useing a At2k but it is gutted and modded cpvc barreled. It shoots micros like 60-70 feet
and stefans like 20-30 feet.

the barrel is 5/8 1/2. cpvc.

Edited by doomforu, 12 June 2005 - 07:39 PM.

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Are you sure that you have a nice seal on the barrel? Try putting another bead of hot glue around the barrel where it connects to the tank, or rip off the barrel and try again. The at2k was my first mod; i ended up snapping off the barrel twice to reglue and got better results, twice. Until it died.... but that doesn't matter. :P

TS

*EDIT*

I made a hole in the front to put a fishing wait in then i put some hot glue over it

How far down was the hole? Are your darts spinning out, or going straight but with no power? Some of my early stefans spun out because i made too big of a hole for the weight. As it says in almost any stefan making intructions - make a hole big enough for the weight, not for 3.... they don't work, believe me. :huh:

Edited by Team_Slaya, 12 June 2005 - 08:08 PM.

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

How long is your barrel then? If you say you're using micros then they cant be that long...You need about 6-8" of CPVC on a singled AT2K. Make sure you're jamming your stefans all the way to the bottom too. We still need alot more info.

#9 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

Also what kind of weights are you using?If you don't know here is a nice thread on stefan wieghting .

Edited by tucker, 12 June 2005 - 08:14 PM.

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#10 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:15 PM

I can't understand what your saying (what's uhked?).

The basic answer I can give you for anything Stefan-related is:

1) Make sure your darts have a snug fit in your barrel. For the at2k its even ok if they are a tiny bit loose, but snug is better.

2) For the at2k, make sure your darts are relatively heavy. That means maybe lead shot or something. Fishing weights work too, yes.

3) What he said, make sure the weight is at the tip (think about how it works) and make sure your darts aren't too short. Remember you're firing a dart, not a cannonball. 2-2.5" is a good length.

4) From what I've observed, your at2k is fine if your getting 60-70 off of micros, so it must be your darts.

5) It looks like...it's possible that your CPVC is much too tight for your Stefans. I'd spend some time to straighten them and stretch them. There are several ways to do this, the fastest probably just being a hairdryer and stretching it out, though it's kind of crude and you get darts of varying diameter.

If you could give us a little bit more information that would be helpful.

AA
Indiana '11

#11 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:42 AM

well first of its going to take me awhile to get another AT2k working because i gave my good 1 to a friend who helped me make it in trade for to guns he has in his old houses. i am using 2'' atefans i will try to make them skinner. i am useing split shot for my wheights.

The AT2k i was fring from just the vital parts hot glued together (without the casing).
i thought i had a good seal on the barrrel but i gues i did not.

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

Please clean up your spelling and capitalization as per the Code of Conduct.

Thanks.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#13 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:49 PM

Quite funny, I was about to whip up a batch of stefans. ^_^ Basically everything got covered here. I advise everything the guys just said.

One issue that wasn't addressed: how big are the holes, if any, in the back of your darts? That could throw off the weighting of the dart. Is your dart fishtailing? If it is, there could be a tear in the dart, or an off-center weight. My only further advice is that you scrutinize your darts, and hypothesize on what may be causing a problem. If it's not the darts, it may just be the barrel. Check up on that too. Sometimes the advice given here may not apply to your situation.

And as Cx said, clean up the posts. I had a hard time deciphering what you were saying.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#14 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

Sorry about the bad spelling i am just like the worst speller in my grade. Thanks for all of your help

Next time i should use a dic... god i cant even spell that ^_^.

#15 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:44 PM

Or you could get the google toolbar. It's got a spell check on it. My spelling is normally fine but I still use it most of the time.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#16 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

Next time you should use your dick? Perhaps, but I normally stick with my brain.
Indiana '11

#17 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

Next time I should use a dic...

Thats not needed, Firefox has this cool toolbar thing, just enter the word you need to know.

#18 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Following up on what rings said ,always rember this when making stefans:

A little extra care in your dart construction makes you a lot more likely to hit what you're aiming at.

cxwq

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#19 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

Thanks everyone for giving me the advice :P. Today I just made my first 4 good stefans :). But all I need to do know is finish modding my RF20 and get some rubber bands on my crossbow.

I dont understand how you make the chain of rubber bands could someoe help me with that?

Thanks

#20 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

Okay, here's a bad explanation.

-Take two rubber bands.
-Mark one with a red pen and the other with a black.
-Stick the red through the center of the black.
-Now, hold both ends of the red rubber band and fold it over the black.
-In your mind, make one end of the red band "number 1" and the other end "number 2".
-Still keeping the red folded over the black, insert red1 into red2's loop.
-Pull on black and red1.

Hopefully, you should have two joined rubber bands with a funny looking knot at the joint. I'd actually reccomend that you don't use rubber bands. :P Bungee cords don't require any joining and are stronger and "prettier".

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#21 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Arcanis i now understand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users