MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 07-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#56305 Lost A Job

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 June 2005 - 06:28 PM in Off Topic

Take the job. Your hair isnt worth it. Most girls dont like long hair anyway. I know from experience.

THIRST

It's the opposite here. Girls don't like short hair on guys.

But my city is messed up - lacrosse is considered geeky.

#56287 Lucky Finds

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 June 2005 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

$1 EaB Mint condition no ammo from my neighbor/friend
SM1500 old school style for 3 cookies from my friend at school with 2 SuperMAXX darts without the pink tip (just the green foam)
$5 for 2 Blastfires

#56041 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by MattPaintballer on 30 May 2005 - 01:55 PM in Nerf Wars

When I went into TRU today for the first time in months, and saw that they have re-released the SM 3K's in double packs, I just about fainted. SM3K 4-EVER B10TCH!!

Those are Airtech 3000's, buddy.

Close enough though B)

#56002 Here's A Curveball Topic...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 11:38 PM in Off Topic

Do you?

#55997 Brass Eagle Blade02 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Splat

Dude, that's costly. It's usually $30 for the gun, 10 cents for a Stefan, and ~20 cents for one shot out of the little cartridge. That's ~30 cents for every shot, though Stefans are reusable. Still, ~20 cents a shot WILL add up quickly if you consider how good the RoF of this thing is.

It's still cool though. Way cool. I think it's good that you added air restriction. What ranges are you getting? I would restrict it to about 50' flat because of it's insane RoF for a single-shot gun and it's mad accuracy.

#55989 Homemade Rf20 Turret?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

That sounds awesome.

If you can pull it off well, I'll ride my bicycle all the way down to California, hug you, then ride all the way back. Oh and I'd steal some too :blush:

#55969 Spoonage

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 May 2005 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

That couldn't have been Suave... No...

We lost him.

*cries*

Poor Suave :blush:

#55878 Spoonage

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday Spoon! :w00t:

That would be cool if you had a wife named Fork and a child named Knife.

#55864 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

Well other than what I posted I thought it was a good movie.

But mayhem see Obi Wan didn't betray him, he betrayed Obi Wan and then faced the consequences.

It would've been better if they played the Black Knight scene of Monty Python on one half of the screen at the same time as the Anakin vs. Obi scene on the other half of the screen.

That would've been perfect.

#55859 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 03:32 PM in Off Topic

I agree with Talio.

Yoda is the shiznite. But it didn't seem like that in the movie. I always think of Yoda as the old, short, little, extremely smart dude that can do a whole bunch of flips and confuse the enemy while they just stand there in awe. But that doesn't really happen in the movie. LAME!

I liked when he killed the Emperial Guards when he walked into Palpatine's room. That was cool.

And what was up at the end when Anakin and Obi Wan were fighting? Anakin was litterally on fire and had his arms and legs cut off Monty Python style, and all he said was "I hate you." What the hell?! I would've been like "HOLY ****ING **** IM ON ****ING FIRE SOMEBODY ****ING HELP ME GOD DAMNIT IM ****ING DYING I MADE A MISTAKE FORGIVE ME HELP ME I HAVE NO LIMBS!!!"

And not only that, but when he was sitting there with no limbs, instantly Monty Python came into mind. I could just see Anakin saying "Come here! I'll bite your legs off! Pansy! We'll call it a draw."

#55820 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

Okay, something is definitely wrong with my Splitfire. I just tried it with SuperMAXX darts, and the first dart fired perfectly, the second one went about 2 feet. Three times in a row it did this.

Edit: Shit dude you plugged the pump!?! Dude you didn't tell me that. I pump it four times and the fifth pump sounds weird, and like the seventh sounds REALLY weird.

#55816 Unmodified Splitfire Troubles

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 May 2005 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I received an unmodded Splitfire from flamebo a couple days ago. I noticed that one barrel was shooting harder than the other. This was with stock megas. I twisted out the pegs and tried mega Stefans and stock megas again. Same thing.

Do Splitfires normally do this? Also, it's madly inaccurate. I would blame that on the poor quality of my Stefans, but it's with both Stefans and stock megas.

I'm going to PVC it and see if it helps.

Edit:

The barrel on the left (transparent side, second shot) shoots farther than the barrel on the right (solid side, first shot) if that helps.

#55799 Machine Gun, Part 2... And Other Mods

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 07:28 PM in Modifications

How is the weight for the gun? Would adding a shoulder strap make it easier to lug around?

That would probably make it easier to shoot and stabalize while shooting, too, thus improving accuracy.

Do you think it would be possible to make your own PVC chainss?

#55797 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

People like Beaver Vortex piss me off because they say some stupid thing and then quote themselves and they have no opinion or idea on the subject.

This is a serious subject dude, so if you don't want to post anything serious then shut the fork up.

Edit: Sorry if I was a little too harsh.

#55767 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I am proud to say that I am a republican who is against gun control. If having guns is against the law, then what do you think will stop criminals from having guns? They already break the law. Then, when we get our houses broken into, we won't have the most effective means of protecting ourselves. Gun control can only hinder this Nation.

If guns were banned, all guns would probably be confiscated & destroyed. And if some weren't found, what the hell would criminals be able to do with them? If they use them, they'd get caught, and have their gun confiscated & destroyed.

Besides, the Bill of Rights says that we are allowed and will always be allowed to own firearms.

But that's different. Back when the Bill of Rights was written, guns were something that you had to have if you wanted to live. They didn't shoot other humans, they shot animals so they would have food and clothes and be able to stay alive.

It's different now. People hunt for fun, which is extremely fucked up. They kill helpless animals that don't need to be killed. What the fuck? How would you like it if you were killed by somebody with better technology than you, and you didn't do shit wrong? And then your body gets sold to some crazy dumbass? Yeah, you wouldn't like it. That's what I thought.

And guns are being used to kill not only animals like deer, but humans too. We don't need to kill other humans to stay alive! So why are we killing them? Petty shit! That's why! And if people are low enough to kill over petty shit, then I think the things that are helping them kill need to be banned and eliminated.

#55592 You'll All Find This Quite Interesting

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 May 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

So here's my glass raised to the Stock Class Paintball forums, for not being a-holes!

Trust me, it's ONLY stock class. I would expect that they would appreciate Nerf, since Nerf is a lot like stock class. But it's nothing like speedball, and 99% of all tourney players are a-holes. Most woodsballers are pretty nice, but stock class moreso, but I know a lot of woodsballers play stock too.

#55349 Guess That Gun.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 May 2005 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I think you're describing the Triple Strike.

Posted Image

#55329 Larami Dart Size

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 May 2005 - 05:23 PM in General Nerf

Yes that would probably work. You would also need to take a hot glue gun and burn the back end of the dart for a bigger hole, otherwise it will not fit over the air restrictors. Or you could just take them out, making your gun better. Another reason for taking out the air restrictors is that it actually damages the back end of the foam, which reduces the life of your darts. Make sure to cut the tip down because on a Larami, the part the suction cup attaches to is slightly less in diamater than the diamater of the foam, and the suction cup is slightly larger in diamater than the foam. And yes, it would probably work. You can also make Stefans, here is a tutorial.

Larami dart specifications specifications:

Foam length: 6cm/2.4 in.
Dart length: 6.6cm/2.6 in.
Tip length: 0.6cm/0.24 in.

#55245 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 May 2005 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Okay, I got the book XHTML For Dummies from the library, and it is CONFUSING.

cx, you know a lot about making a website, can you help me?

#55240 Nerf Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I'm trying to make a website and can't think of a good name. These were all suggested to me and sound good.

#55217 Any Aquarists In The House?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 07:22 PM in Off Topic

Is it true that some fish will keep eating no matter how much food you give them

You killed his fish by overfeeding them? That's fucked up.

No, I didn't, I was asking if it was true or not.

Your post is hilarious, by the way, cx.

#55210 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

His shoots mega Stefans (made of 5/8" foam) though. I personally like megas better.

#55207 Any Aquarists In The House?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

I had two goldfish.

One lived for six years, the other seven. Their names were Goldie and Trishie (don't ask me, my brother named them).

My brother went to a summer camp, and one of them died while he was away. My brother went to another summer camp the next year, and the other died while he was away.

Is it true that some fish will keep eating no matter how much food you give them, because they can't tell when their stomach is full? (or maybe they forget due to their short-term memory loss problems)

#55206 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

gun control

I personally dont feel gun control is needed. Gun control = steady hands.
Also, it is thought that guns are bad because they kill people. Honestly, ive never seen a gun jump up and shoot somebody. You never hear about someone filing a lawsuit against a GUN, do you? in my humble opinion, People kill People. Maybe we need people control?

I hate dumbasses who state the obvious on this subject.

When you were a kid, and you did something bad, you went to time-out or your toys were taken away. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

We have proof that most humans cannot handle guns. Look at all the murders with guns, all the shootings. People die almost every day in this city, and there's always an article about a shooting. I read it all the time. "16 year old kills ex-boyfriend" and crap like that.

I for one think guns need a time-out. We have so much proof that most humans can't handle them, so they need to be banned.

If you own a gun and use it wisely and don't kill people, good for you. I'm sorry other dumbasses ruined it for you, but that's life. Deal with it.

#55188 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. I like how you can still shoot the X-Stream rockets - one reason I usually don't mod my guns that shoot larger ammo.

What do you mean by regular 1/2" PVC?

#55104 My Finished Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 May 2005 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

It matches the Warhammer 40K Space Marine Dark Templar paint scheme.

Schweet.

#55102 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 May 2005 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

So there's nothing I can do? Will submerging it in water damage the pump/pump tube?

#55068 Caff - California Foam Fest

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 May 2005 - 09:36 AM in Nerf Wars

And if ANYBODY brings flour bombs or anything gay like that...

Just because you said that, I am going to ride my bicycle down there with a backpack full of flour bombs, just for you. :P I wish I could come.

#55030 Help With Creating A Website

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

I would like to make a website, and was wondering where to get started. There's so many things to consider; which host to use, (and no I won't use any of that Tripod or Geocities crap) what what coding languages to use, etc. etc.

Possible Hosts (Suggestions welcome)
Hostultra
Doteasy
Web1000

What language should I put it in? HTML? Where can I learn how whatever language I should use?

I will hopefully be attending a two-week class over the summer about Photoshop or 3D Modeling & Animation (I don't know which, or if I'll even get to do it at all) if that helps anything. I don't own Photoshop or any modeling programs though.

Oh, and everything has to be free.

#54991 Family Guy - Season Four

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 May 2005 - 09:21 AM in Off Topic

I think TV is become more and more crude, not to sound like my grandma, but I cringe at the thought of what my children will be watching 20 years down the road.

MTV.

What he said.

Dude, Family Guy is a good show. It makes you laugh, which is good for your heart.

#54965 For The Spelling Impaired

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Fagmunch isn't a word.

#54963 Megazooka

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

Wait, what does this thing exactly do? Does it just shoot air?

Yes.

Possibly made by the same people who made this?

Possibly, and that's the one Duce and I were referring to.

#54955 Megazooka

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 05:41 PM in General Nerf

Duce, I've seen your version before and I don't see why you would have to hold the elastic thing back while you load the dart.

#54943 Straighting Stefans

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 02:59 PM in Homemades

I use megas, and toss 2-foot lengths of 5/8" foam in the dryer on high for about a minute. I only put in 1 piece at a time because I have to stretch the foam afterwards, which I do by just tugging it while it's hot.

#54937 Nitefinder Question

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

I think he means he made it so all is left is the outer ring, but don't do that because then the plunger has nothing to stop on, and it could lead to the death of your gun over time.

Edit: He beat me to it.

#54930 Funniest Nerf Shirt

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

I am SO getting that shirt.

GOP means the republicans, but what does it stand for exactly?

#54903 The Next Generation Xbox Name

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

I'm going to wait until 2008 and then I'm going to buy it for a lot less when it's outdated. Or maybe I'll just buy the original Xbox like 6 months after the 360 comes out.

I can't believe they made the case so Apple-esque. White is so plain, so square...

I liked black and green better.

#54902 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

So, is there any way I can un-clog the valve? I really want to fix it because if I don't, my parents might not let me attempt to modify another gun for fear of me breaking another one which in turn wastes their money.

#54898 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Okay.

It worked before I opened it up. I have not performed the Liquitron mod (cx proved it doesn't do anything, and it's kind of useful in that it shows you if you have any air left or not) or plugged the pump. When I try to pump it, I get a lot of resistance and the pump is shoved back out about halfway when I let go of it. It doesn't make much noise. I can hear the pump when I pump it in, and when it shoves itself out it makes a noise. It's really hard to explain. If I pump it once, hold the pump down so it doesn't pop back out, and pull the rod thing (the thing you put the piece of the BIC pen on when you do the BIC pen mod) it shoots a bit of air, about as much as would come out on a single pump I'm guessing.

#54895 Yard Sales?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

The local Boy Scout Troop just had a rummage sale today, and there was NOTHING. It was all crap.

One time, my friend got two kinda trashy Secret Shot 1s at a garage sale for like $3. That's about it though.