Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297800 P.A.V.L.O.V.

Posted by Cannonball on 03 May 2011 - 01:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Hoping to be there.

#179471 Halloweeno '08

Posted by Cannonball on 25 September 2008 - 12:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going to be able to come to this one.

#182404 Socal Nerf Is Here To Stay!

Posted by Cannonball on 08 October 2008 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

so is there some interpretive nerf blaster dancing going on here? Why haven't we seen this at any of the other wars?

#173691 Halloweeno '08

Posted by Cannonball on 30 August 2008 - 01:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds interesting, but I think there'd be safety issues involved. I will consider it, even though I'm busy that day.

#173861 Halloweeno '08

Posted by Cannonball on 31 August 2008 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd rather have a day time war, but then again I don't know if I'm going to attend. I just would rather not run around in some park in some neighbor I have no idea about with not but a plastic gun and a cheapo flashlight (since my surefire wouldn't be allowed)

#128103 Halloween Pumpkins!

Posted by Cannonball on 31 October 2007 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

My amateur attempt at Chuck Norris last year.
Posted Image

I just tried my hand at scraping this year. Nothing too large scale, just the eclipse design from Heroes.

2 more pumpkins to go so We'll see what happens.

#159229 Nano Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 15 June 2008 - 03:04 AM in Nerf Wars

frick, I hate missing wars, especially when they turn out good. glad you guys had fun.

#159524 Nano Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 17 June 2008 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

and cannonball... you may have gotten away this time... BUT YOU WILL JOIN US NEXT ROUND MUAHAHAHA!!

count on it

#141705 Ss Barel Relocation?

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

I believe mayhem had one too. I have a ss lying around that is just crayola'd I may try and do a tri-barrel since I have nothing better to do as well.

#144844 Ls Modular, Version 2

Posted by Cannonball on 12 March 2008 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Why not buy some picatinny rails and use them instead? That's if they are cheaper or you want to save the front of your recon. Looks good though and I like the idea.

#140900 Secret Shot 2 Help

Posted by Cannonball on 17 February 2008 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

well that's weird. How is the condition of the seal on the rod? That could have something to do with it. A bit of E-tape might help, but I really don't know the specifics of the inside of that tank so I have no idea.

#140841 Secret Shot 2 Help

Posted by Cannonball on 17 February 2008 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

SS2's in general have a finicky seal. I have two of them myself, one has the problem, one doesn't. I suggest what Matt31 said. Just pump it real fast until you feel it seal up. after that you can pump it like normal. It should hold after that. If not then there is something else wrong.

#269397 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by Cannonball on 16 March 2010 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

Just to echo Cheyner, I did the exact same thing with pretty much similar results. (I used two random springs instead of an ace spring) nice job. They don't make them like they used to. I've never noticed a difference between the distance from either barrel.

#354496 S.L.I.D.E. socal war

Posted by Cannonball on 23 June 2016 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Slideball! I'll be there!

#131551 Barnett Crossbow

Posted by Cannonball on 07 December 2007 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

I got one as a xmas present a couple of years ago. It's pretty cool for shooting around the house with the darts they provide. I think you'd need some thick darts to shoot out of it though.

#133050 Anyone Done A Ls/spiderman?

Posted by Cannonball on 19 December 2007 - 03:35 AM in Modifications

definitely possible. I actually integrated one into the front of my long shot carbine. my carbine is a little longer than the one in the carbine mod though.

#346054 Indoor Arena for So Cal Nerf players!

Posted by Cannonball on 08 April 2015 - 12:35 PM in General Nerf

This sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to participate and spread the word about this to locals. I work in youth ministry, and I think this would make a great event. I'd like a little more certainty before I decide to mark this on the calendar though. Is getting this warehouse a "for sure" thing? I'd love to clue other local churches in.

#138478 Recon

Posted by Cannonball on 03 February 2008 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Careful with the slide. I forgot there were screws on it and I literally tore the slide off because it's flimsy as hell. I then realized how stupid I was. I was just going to replace it with a bolt anyways but I still broke the doggone thing. It's tricky.

#354864 S.L.I.D.E. socal war

Posted by Cannonball on 08 July 2016 - 01:59 AM in Nerf Wars

What Part of the park is it in?

There is a part of the park up the road that has two large slides built into a hill. That's where we'll be playing. If that address takes you to the large parking lot, go up memory lane till you hit another access road into the park. Can't miss us.

#142452 The Loaner

Posted by Cannonball on 24 February 2008 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Nice job. I have two SS2s myself and I am very much pleased with them. Although I took the secret barrels off, I kept all of their pieces together and intact if/when I decide to put them back on. I don't think that gun is going to stay a loaner for much longer.

#305252 Sonic Bazooka Decrapification

Posted by Cannonball on 02 October 2011 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

Nice work. I never thought of doing that, though I'll admit I'm not too savvy with back-pressure tanks and the like. I expanded the tanks on my knock-offs to get that extra range boost to make them able to compete with other blasters you usually find on the field. I'll have to go and buy another one now to compare. May be we'll see more of these instead of Big blasts now.

#362970 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 01 May 2018 - 03:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Singled sledfire counts?

It should. We'll confirm the day of.

#305254 Sonic Bazooka Decrapification

Posted by Cannonball on 02 October 2011 - 12:30 AM in Modifications

I suppose. You do preserve the stock look, at least. Won't be able to do that with a hopper though. You do have to use that tiny pump less in order to prime the thing, which is nice. I think it's the worst thing about the blaster... I haven't handled an original Sonic Bazooka, but I can't imagine the pump is any better.

I've been picking mine up at Big lots, and although the $8 price tag isn't the most appealing, these things are pretty nice if you get them up to snuff. Definitely one of the least cumbersome blasters around, considering it's size. Maybe a little awkward to hold for that same reason though.

#331477 possible balls for a homeade

Posted by Cannonball on 02 July 2013 - 04:04 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've been using yellow practice golf balls in 1.5 pvc without a problem for a while. I usually pick mine up at target. Looks like they might've changed brands or packaging. You should be fine with just 1.5 pvc. Big blasts and Jobars/cobras get the job done. Particularly effective if you utilize them as Roboman explained. 6-7 in. barrels give you enough room to load two balls with a mess of darts in between.

#362927 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 16 April 2018 - 01:30 AM in Nerf Wars

What are rules for pistol rounds (assuming you'll run pistol rounds)?  No mag feds, single shot only, right?

That's correct.

#357072 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2016: A SoCal Experience

Posted by Cannonball on 09 December 2016 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I plan on being there.

#362862 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 07 April 2018 - 01:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Armageddon Warm up

Date:
Saturday, May 12th, 2018

Time:
9:30am - 4pm

362 N Live Oak Ave
Glendora, CA 91741

This is one of Armageddon's back up locations, and a favorite of mine. Cullen Elementary is also next door which we could also run rounds in if we choose.

As the name suggests, this is a chance to shake the rust off before 'Geddon and make sure all of our gear is in working order before the big war.

Rules are the same as Armageddon. Make sure you have water and eye protection. If you have a question about a blaster or gear, this would be a great opportunity to get approval.

We'll be running standard game types, and possibly some oldies Socal gametypes that we used to run at Ole Hammer!

Questions? Pm/post in here.

#186759 Bagsfest-my New "pseudo-random" War

Posted by Cannonball on 01 November 2008 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me +3 as a strong possibility. We're still discussing it.

#188194 Bagsfest-my New "pseudo-random" War

Posted by Cannonball on 08 November 2008 - 04:28 AM in Nerf Wars

we're going to have to back out on this one guys. sorry. enjoy it without us.

#139262 Airgun-maverick

Posted by Cannonball on 07 February 2008 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

nice use of the old super soaker hardware. If I didn't live in southern california I would have scrapped my CPS 1000 and 1200 for parts. Awesome job.

#149068 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 03 April 2008 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

Ok. thanks for clarifying jwasko. I understand now. mine are instant tube fittings.

#148996 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

the packages say quick connectors So I have no idea if they are barbed or otherwise. I can take them off easily enough. I did solve the problem though. the section of tubing the leak was coming from was being bent and being pulled out slightly so I replaced it. No problems now and my gun holds pressure just fine with no apparent decrease noticeable. I am wondering though, where would you apply the zipties Imaseoulman? I'm sorry if this sounds noobish but I couldn't find a thorough explanation of these sorts of processes on the forum and this is my first time working with this kind of stuff.

And thanks for all of the help guys.

#148864 Vinyl Tubing Quick Connectors

Posted by Cannonball on 02 April 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I've been working with some 1/4 vinyl tubing and some connectors and I was wondering if you needed to goop/glue them in to make them air tight? I can't fill the chamber so I was wondering if that was the problem.

#127643 Crossbows

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:28 AM in Homemades

you should probably replace your name with lucy in your quote there buddy.

#274440 Scunwar

Posted by Cannonball on 10 May 2010 - 11:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in. I'll rally my troops

#208139 Modified Saw

Posted by Cannonball on 31 January 2009 - 03:33 AM in Off Topic

obviously you've never been to a gun show.

#200738 Rscb On At2k Or At3k?

Posted by Cannonball on 03 January 2009 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

As a person who's done it before with great success, I would stick with the At2k. slightly better ranges than the at3k and it's not as bulky. Don't ruin the advancing turret on the at3k when you can do it on an at2k too.

#321312 H.N.R.G.G.

Posted by Cannonball on 01 September 2012 - 11:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Just transferred to a new school so I'll see if I can wrangle up a new group.

#152332 3rd Spy Gear Signal Launcher Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 21 April 2008 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Nice job with the turret g-force. I like the idea though. If I may suggest though, It'd look better if you cut the existing red barrel shorter and attached the turret closer to blast chamber. It'd look alot nicer and I imagine it'd be easier to use. It all comes down to person preference though so if that works for you...

#128909 At2k Mod: Awesome, But....

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

I know the question wasn't directed to me but...
If you've got a crappy gun or something else with a pump then you can replace it with that. That's the beauty of spare parts.

feel free to cuss me out if you want jwasko. I won't hold it against ya. :blush: