Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#140381 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 15 February 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

nevermind

#140118 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

The gun looks really great. It's a shame that the ranges are short.

It seems like any kind of spring replacement would not work out well since you'd be putting a lot of stress on the cocking mechanism. If there was some way to increase the diameter of the plunger tube to get it up to nitefinder specifications, I think power would increase by quite a bit.

Also, by looking at the internals, it seems like the plunger tube's full length isn't being used by the distance available for cocking.

I think that's probably more work than it's worth, though. This gun would be fun to carry around at a halloween party.

You are correct. I tried winding another spring in there with it but it didn't work out too well. Oh well. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the plunger and rod with that of a strongarm. The only thing i'd need would be for the catch to work. the way the strongarm plunger rod is looks like a pretty good place to start. Needless to say I'd have to forget about using the original cocking mechanism. I'll throw up some pictures of that whenever I figure it out.

#142735 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

nice job. Is it just me or are the barrels crooked?

#142781 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 02:09 AM in Modifications

no, it fires one barrel at a time. you swivel that orange part to either side to switch which barrel will be fired.

#179636 Food For Thought...

Posted by Cannonball on 25 September 2008 - 09:08 PM in Modifications

The disney POTC blasters are buzzbee products. I've modded one. It's in the directory.

#256054 Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Posted by Cannonball on 12 November 2009 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

I've had one of these sitting around in my gun bin for awhile but never bothered to really get to it. I was really turned off by the size. I guess I'll have to give it a second look now. Good job. The grip is definitely tiny as hell. I was thinking of replacing it or slipping a bigger grip over it.

#140370 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

I guess I could buy some brass to fit in the petg already in the pvc but I don't think the change would be drastic.

#298538 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Cannonball on 24 May 2011 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

Ok, sanded it down as you said. works great. thanks.

The 1 1/2 couples I have slide way too freely. There is a considerable amount of space between the inside of the coupler and the 1 1/4. I guess I just picked up some freak couplers from Ace then if You had to sand down the inside of yours a bit. Thanks for the help!

#298530 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Cannonball on 24 May 2011 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

I'm currently working on putting together one of these and I have a few questions. I don't have the most experience with clothespin trigger homemades and the like, so here goes..

Is the 3/4 end cap on the catch supposed to be a little snug in 1 1/4 pvc or should I sand it down more?

also, for that pump grip, you're using 1 1/2 couplers, correct? I have a few of those and they slide freely over 1 1/4. did you cut them down the middle and then push them back together and tape them?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if these are stupid questions.

#262655 Replaced Plunger Tube Disc Shot...

Posted by Cannonball on 21 January 2010 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I think a 1 1/4 inch pvc bushing just might work. I'm pretty sure that 1 1/2 is a little too big because I've used those end caps to seal off the ends of bbbb tanks. That section that bridges the gap between the pump and the tank is a little thicker than the pump tube itself. But if 1 1/4 inch doesn't work, I'm sure a 1 1/2 bushing would work instead.

#321315 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 02 September 2012 - 02:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Planning on showing up. I might be going down to San Diego that weekend, but it's still up in the air. So if it's not going down you can count on me being at the war.

#322325 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 08 October 2012 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it, man. Sorry. I don't think I'm going to have time for any nerf wars till fall break. Have fun without me.

#184468 Led Flashligh Help

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2008 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

you could always integrate a flashlight into the longshot scope so you can just slide it onto the rail.

#129973 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 17 November 2007 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

To get the one off of my secret shot, I pressed it against a table till it popped off. make sure you hold it with both hands and apply the most pressure on the plunger head or you may bend the plunger rod.

#243091 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by Cannonball on 21 July 2009 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

I use a UTG holster identical to Groove's. My pistolsplat with the front cut off was a very snug fit. The buckle barely gets around it. After unhooking the buckle and preparing to draw, it get's snagged on the buckle occasionally. I would suggest making a holster for it instead.

#145594 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 17 March 2008 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't know if I should have edited my earlier post or not. (my apologies if I should have, please let me know for future reference) But I have to pull out of this one guys. I accidentally stabbed my hand yesterday while cutting a freaking zip tie. My knife got caught for a second and then went straight through and got into my hand while I was repositioning it. Such a rookie mistake, but it happened. I should be up to snuff by the time NANO rolls around so I'll make more stefans until then.

#182562 Do Vulcan Chains Work On The Chainblazer

Posted by Cannonball on 09 October 2008 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

I tried using the chains on my razorback and it didn't work, so I imagine it would be the same for the chainblazer

#248438 Pantz-off... Is Canceled

Posted by Cannonball on 24 August 2009 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in on this for now. School is up and going again but I think I'm good for it.

#144845 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 12 March 2008 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Since it's a saturday (unless I am looking at the wrong calendar) It should be good for me. I'll make sure things are free and look up the location and such. Until then, consider me down for it.

#249582 Pantz-off... Is Canceled

Posted by Cannonball on 04 September 2009 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I really don't understand the logic of having 6 or 7 people planning to come and you canceling it because one guy can't make it.

out west they expect all nerf wars to have Effeminate attendance.

Funny. Since when did you become an expert on west coast war attendance Badwrench?

We didn't cancel only because one person couldn't show up, we canceled because nobody else could either. Not to mention the current conditions with the heat and the fire.

#144678 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 11 March 2008 - 12:35 AM in Nerf Wars

well it still all depends on the day. I have one class from 8:00-8:50 monday, wednesday and friday. I'll be in fullerton then. I don't really know where Walnut is but I'll check and see how close it is. As for NANO, I'll probably be able to make that. I can even see if my buddy in irvine wants to come.

#143795 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 04 March 2008 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I need to get a decent war or two under my belt so I'll see if I can make it to this one. No promises though.

Edit: I just checked with my school and I've got spring break march 31st to april 6th. I'm free then.

#125905 Squishy's Firefly Night Combat Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 11 October 2007 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

I have actually done this myself. I just cut out the plastic on the front and flipped the flasher up and to the side. It's inside the gun itself which probably reduces the brightness a tad. Good job man. I haven't tried it at night though so tell us how it works. <_<

#126004 Squishy's Firefly Night Combat Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 13 October 2007 - 02:05 AM in Modifications

sounds like it'd break easily. I was toying with idea of replacing the "laser" sight on a nitefinder with a disposable camera's flash bulb. I think that'd be a little better then a 'flash nade" because it wouldn't be tossed around and potentially broken.

#142780 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

ah, thanks for the explanation.

#139707 February Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 12 February 2008 - 12:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Well I'll have to check how long it takes me to get to glendora. I imagine it won't take too long. Is this a once a year thing?

While we are on an unrelated note, UCI is a pretty nice school. They are trying to get a zombie game going over there, but with socks, just because the school won't let them carry any thing that vaguely resembles a gun.

#139705 February Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 12 February 2008 - 12:37 AM in Nerf Wars

So was this war located in Irvine? I'm like an hour away from there and my buddy attends UCI.

#142734 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of doing this to my at3k to take advantage of it's rotating mechanism. I'm glad the idea of a semi-auto 2k isn't dead though. I don't own a dtg so could somebody fill me in on how the turret rotates?

#217423 Socal Nerf

Posted by Cannonball on 11 March 2009 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

To echo what the other socal nerfers have been saying: attend a nerf war first. Playing with your buddies in the front yard is not the same as driving out to some other location to play with a whole new group of people. It's valuable experience that will come in handy when you want to organize your own war. You'll then be more familiar with our play styles and so forth and then you can tailor your war to that.

#179470 Nite-finder Comes Apart.

Posted by Cannonball on 25 September 2008 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

Seriously, I swear by Devcon Plastic Welder. It never fails. Plumbers goop has never been able to get the job done for me when it comes to nightfinders. If your other epoxy doesn't work, get yourself some plastic welder and do what Retiate said and rough up the surrounding areas.

#129816 Popbottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 09:42 PM in Homemades

popbottle rocket= 2 liter bottle with fins and nose cone filled with water and pumped with a bike pump. It's one of those grade school like experiments. Am I the only person who thought those were cool when I was a kid? In any case, it would basically be an air powered homemade gun. Nothing new.

#139528 Brass?

Posted by Cannonball on 10 February 2008 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

Well, If you are using a brass, or petg barrel even, it would be smart to nest it in pvc or something of that nature so that the barrel doesn't get bent during play.

#127642 Almost Done Homemade Just Missing Something

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:25 AM in Homemades

you could make one, or you could use a bike pump

#152329 Not Quite Nerf But Cool

Posted by Cannonball on 21 April 2008 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

This gun (or at least something similar) has been brought up several times and discussed, but if ForsakenAngel_24 is working on it, then we can just wait.

What the fuck? I have mad respect for FA24, but seriously, do we all need to wait for him before we can take a dump? Why the hell do you need to wait? If it looks like it has potential, then try some shit out. You don't need to take ALL your cues from the guy. If he's got something in the works, awesome. If a bunch of people each have different things in the works then that's all the better.

For one, if anyone has already bought this questionable gun and is going to mess around and review it or what not, I'd rather wait to see how it turns out based on what they've found instead of just dropping 30 dollars for a gun that may suck balls. In short, I would rather someone else buy a POS gun and find out it is useless than finding out the hard way. The fact that FA24 is no novice to the workings of nerf guns is an added benefit.

#157119 Spring Caff Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 26 May 2008 - 11:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Cheeseboy is probably going to put those up because he is the only person I saw running around with a camera.

highlights:

being the only person around at first to flee from that huge "undead" swarm

not getting shot in the head today

Rushing a couple guys on the other team while the rest of them were doing the same thing to us on the other side of the building

bad memorable moments:

getting hit in the leg with the ball titan when I thought that dude was out. He was just standing there with some of my guys walking by. Could have fooled me.

the principle douche bag kicking us out while a bunch of skaters were tearing it up like 5 feet away from him

watching my darts fly crazy to the left or right because they didn't work in my barrel.

All in all, it was a good day to nerf.

#157408 Spring Caff Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 29 May 2008 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

so when can we expect the pictures to be up?

#144537 Need Some Zaxbow Support

Posted by Cannonball on 10 March 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

I think you need to get yourself some Devcon Plastic welder. I had a problem with the coupler coming off of mine. I just laid it on thick and it hasn't broken off yet.

#143312 Can Anyone Help Me Identify This Gun?

Posted by Cannonball on 01 March 2008 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

in it's original state it fires 2mm paintballs, or something like that. correct me if I'm wrong. I see those at the swapmeet all the time. never bothered messing with them.

#159035 Spring Caff Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 13 June 2008 - 01:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't know when bags and them get done with finals and such but I'm sure we are all still antsy to see those pictures from the war. Just a friendly reminder, even though I'm sure you guys are cooling your brains after the cram-o-rama study sessions and what not.

#143329 Can Anyone Help Me Identify This Gun?

Posted by Cannonball on 01 March 2008 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

"-Fires 11mm BBs"

That was it. Thanks peter.