Popbottle Nerf Gun

Will it work?

12 replies to this topic

#1 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

Kind of like a popbottle rocket but pumped into a barrel and out comes the dart... but for popbottle rockets, I recall, they require water... Is there a good way to attatch a pump, to a bottle, to the gun without any air leaking and without using water to project the dart?

Edited by The Bone, 15 November 2007 - 07:45 PM.

No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#2 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

What? I don't really understand what the fuck you're talking about. At least show us a concept drawing.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#3 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

Um, i'm guessing it would be no. You seriously make no sense.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about those air pressure rockets...the kind you fill partway with water, attach to a pump, and pressurize. When you release the retaining clip, the air pressure forces out the water, launching the rocket.

As far as using that kind of concept for nerf...well, that's pretty much the idea behind any air pressure gun. But there's probably no good way to pressurize the gun through the barrel, and then be able to remove it quickly enough to fire a dart.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about those air pressure rockets...the kind you fill partway with water, attach to a pump, and pressurize. When you release the retaining clip, the air pressure forces out the water, launching the rocket.

As far as using that kind of concept for nerf...well, that's pretty much the idea behind any air pressure gun. But there's probably no good way to pressurize the gun through the barrel, and then be able to remove it quickly enough to fire a dart.

Thats exactly what I am talking about... thank you Carbon- because my picture was crap! I have been thinking of how to do it and I have been getting stuck on how to keep the air from leaking... and how the trigger mechanism would work...
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#6 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

Intresting concept, but why wouldn't you build somthing like the BAMF instead? I'm pretty sure if you go through with this, it'll be almost the same as it.

#7 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

This thread is pure concept. Let's just stick to what we know for now. Anyways, that sounds like trash to me; way to long to pump and it would shoot too hard. Um, and I couldn't really understand it either.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • State:California

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

popbottle rocket= 2 liter bottle with fins and nose cone filled with water and pumped with a bike pump. It's one of those grade school like experiments. Am I the only person who thought those were cool when I was a kid? In any case, it would basically be an air powered homemade gun. Nothing new.

#9 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

Oh, those things rock. Sometimes, i would just take a 20 once Coke, put the cap on very loosely, and jump on it. It went 40 feet, and dust kicked up. It was pretty cool. if you get it tight enough, you could just put some PVC on the bottle.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#10 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

Forgotten hero (if anyone remembers him) built a ball-valve homemade using a 2-liter for the tank instead of PVC. It worked really well.
Sup?

#11 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

Forgotten hero (if anyone remembers him) built a ball-valve homemade using a 2-liter for the tank instead of PVC. It worked really well.

I remember that, didn't he also have a spring gun that used a can of pringles?

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#12 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

I remember that, didn't he also have a spring gun that used a can of pringles?

I think it was a push-plunger, like an NB-1.
Sup?

#13 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=6655
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users