Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#145594 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 17 March 2008 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't know if I should have edited my earlier post or not. (my apologies if I should have, please let me know for future reference) But I have to pull out of this one guys. I accidentally stabbed my hand yesterday while cutting a freaking zip tie. My knife got caught for a second and then went straight through and got into my hand while I was repositioning it. Such a rookie mistake, but it happened. I should be up to snuff by the time NANO rolls around so I'll make more stefans until then.

#144845 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 12 March 2008 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Since it's a saturday (unless I am looking at the wrong calendar) It should be good for me. I'll make sure things are free and look up the location and such. Until then, consider me down for it.

#182562 Do Vulcan Chains Work On The Chainblazer

Posted by Cannonball on 09 October 2008 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

I tried using the chains on my razorback and it didn't work, so I imagine it would be the same for the chainblazer

#144678 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 11 March 2008 - 12:35 AM in Nerf Wars

well it still all depends on the day. I have one class from 8:00-8:50 monday, wednesday and friday. I'll be in fullerton then. I don't really know where Walnut is but I'll check and see how close it is. As for NANO, I'll probably be able to make that. I can even see if my buddy in irvine wants to come.

#143795 March/april Yano

Posted by Cannonball on 04 March 2008 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I need to get a decent war or two under my belt so I'll see if I can make it to this one. No promises though.

Edit: I just checked with my school and I've got spring break march 31st to april 6th. I'm free then.

#184468 Led Flashligh Help

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2008 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

you could always integrate a flashlight into the longshot scope so you can just slide it onto the rail.

#243091 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by Cannonball on 21 July 2009 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

I use a UTG holster identical to Groove's. My pistolsplat with the front cut off was a very snug fit. The buckle barely gets around it. After unhooking the buckle and preparing to draw, it get's snagged on the buckle occasionally. I would suggest making a holster for it instead.

#129973 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by Cannonball on 17 November 2007 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

To get the one off of my secret shot, I pressed it against a table till it popped off. make sure you hold it with both hands and apply the most pressure on the plunger head or you may bend the plunger rod.

#321315 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 02 September 2012 - 02:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Planning on showing up. I might be going down to San Diego that weekend, but it's still up in the air. So if it's not going down you can count on me being at the war.

#262655 Replaced Plunger Tube Disc Shot...

Posted by Cannonball on 21 January 2010 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I think a 1 1/4 inch pvc bushing just might work. I'm pretty sure that 1 1/2 is a little too big because I've used those end caps to seal off the ends of bbbb tanks. That section that bridges the gap between the pump and the tank is a little thicker than the pump tube itself. But if 1 1/4 inch doesn't work, I'm sure a 1 1/2 bushing would work instead.

#322325 YANO 1: SoCal Nerf War

Posted by Cannonball on 08 October 2012 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it, man. Sorry. I don't think I'm going to have time for any nerf wars till fall break. Have fun without me.

#179636 Food For Thought...

Posted by Cannonball on 25 September 2008 - 09:08 PM in Modifications

The disney POTC blasters are buzzbee products. I've modded one. It's in the directory.

#256054 Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Posted by Cannonball on 12 November 2009 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

I've had one of these sitting around in my gun bin for awhile but never bothered to really get to it. I was really turned off by the size. I guess I'll have to give it a second look now. Good job. The grip is definitely tiny as hell. I was thinking of replacing it or slipping a bigger grip over it.

#298530 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Cannonball on 24 May 2011 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

I'm currently working on putting together one of these and I have a few questions. I don't have the most experience with clothespin trigger homemades and the like, so here goes..

Is the 3/4 end cap on the catch supposed to be a little snug in 1 1/4 pvc or should I sand it down more?

also, for that pump grip, you're using 1 1/2 couplers, correct? I have a few of those and they slide freely over 1 1/4. did you cut them down the middle and then push them back together and tape them?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if these are stupid questions.

#140118 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

The gun looks really great. It's a shame that the ranges are short.

It seems like any kind of spring replacement would not work out well since you'd be putting a lot of stress on the cocking mechanism. If there was some way to increase the diameter of the plunger tube to get it up to nitefinder specifications, I think power would increase by quite a bit.

Also, by looking at the internals, it seems like the plunger tube's full length isn't being used by the distance available for cocking.

I think that's probably more work than it's worth, though. This gun would be fun to carry around at a halloween party.

You are correct. I tried winding another spring in there with it but it didn't work out too well. Oh well. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the plunger and rod with that of a strongarm. The only thing i'd need would be for the catch to work. the way the strongarm plunger rod is looks like a pretty good place to start. Needless to say I'd have to forget about using the original cocking mechanism. I'll throw up some pictures of that whenever I figure it out.

#139978 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

The plunger tube and barrel assembly are identical to a Single Tek.

Ya, it definitely does. I really didn't realize that until now. It definitely looks better than a single tek though.

What size PVC did you use? I have a little different plan for it, I saw some at the KB toys nearest me. I might stop over there on Thursday when I go down to portland, Oregon. It won't serve anything close to a secondary, but more of a novelty.

I used 1/2 inch PVC with petg nested inside. I might cut the barrel down to try some stock darts on it and see how that goes. I have some parts laying around that may make this gun decent, but I have to rummage through my pile to find them.

And thanks for all the kind words everyone.

#139874 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 02:02 AM in Modifications

I'm still a novice when it comes to modifying guns, but I've got a good number under my belt right now so don't expect anything phenomenal. There's the disclaimer, on with the show.

Here she is.
Posted Image

This little number came in a two pack on ebay for something like 20 bucks in total. Stock ranges were pitiful, measuring around 10 feet or so if you're lucky because there really is no real barrel to be had. The cool thing about it is it's a flintlock of course, and you cock it by pulling the hammer back.

Here's what you'll be needing:

-around 5 inches of pvc
-4 inches of thick-walled OMC PETG
-dremel, complete with cutting and sanding bits
-small philips head screw driver
-plumbers goop
-some craft foam (optional)

alright, so flip the gun over to the other side so you can get at those screws. Now when they are all removed, you can either just snap the orange ring at the end of the blaster because it is that easy, or just dremel it off now. I ended up having to dremel it when I put the new barrel in so you might as well do it now.

Here are the insides. Pay attention to the little mechanism that cocks the gun. The hammer pushes back a little arm that slides the plunger rod thrown a little channel in the shell that hooks it onto the catch. No pulling involved.
Posted Image

Pull out the plunger tube and rod and let's get to work. Here it is compared to that of a Nitefinder. Not really impressive. I ended up switching the spring for another one of a thicker gauge, but short a couple rings.
Posted Image

Cut the orange part right around where I cut it. That gives you a perfect place to put your petg. Yank off the little protrusion on the side of that and you are ready to goop on your barrel. I completely forgot to take pictures of that part, but that really isn't too hard to figure out. I nest the petg in pvc and it was good to go.
Posted Image

Now here it gets a little tricky. You want to sand down the front of the shell to make room for the barrel. Be careful though because the plastic really isn't thick at all and it is quite easy to put holes in the shell, I did it a couple of times but I ended up just sanding all of it off to expose more of the barrel in preparation for an eventual paint job.
Posted Image

After that, just fit it in there and screw the shell together. Now I forgot to mention the craft foam. I put two rings of it around the plunger rod to put a little more tension on the spring. You can do whatever you want to substitute. That's just what I had on hand at the time.

Here's the finished product in front of the Jolly Roger on my wall. Who isn't a pirate at heart anyway right?
Posted Image

Compared to my nitefinder:
Posted Image

After all of that, ranges were disappointing. around 20-35 feet tops when fired flat. I have some ideas floating around on how I can better use the shell, which is cool in my opinion. I may just slap a nf tube in there and see what happens. But ya..

Tharr, she Blows

questions, comments, you know what to do.

#142781 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 02:09 AM in Modifications

no, it fires one barrel at a time. you swivel that orange part to either side to switch which barrel will be fired.

#298538 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by Cannonball on 24 May 2011 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

Ok, sanded it down as you said. works great. thanks.

The 1 1/2 couples I have slide way too freely. There is a considerable amount of space between the inside of the coupler and the 1 1/4. I guess I just picked up some freak couplers from Ace then if You had to sand down the inside of yours a bit. Thanks for the help!

#142735 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

nice job. Is it just me or are the barrels crooked?

#140381 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 15 February 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

nevermind

#140370 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

I guess I could buy some brass to fit in the petg already in the pvc but I don't think the change would be drastic.

#349867 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cannonball on 06 December 2015 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in

#149668 Spring Caff

Posted by Cannonball on 06 April 2008 - 03:20 PM in Nerf Wars

as far as I know I am free that day so I'm in unless something comes up.

#149607 Nano Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 06 April 2008 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Man it was a ton of fun. I'm definitely down for any other socal wars. Everyone played really hard and kept me on my toes the whole time. I'm really bummed that I didn't get to hit the second location with you guys. Next time I guess.

Highlights for me:

Shot in the noggin by sasquatch in the first round of the game. It still kind of smarts

going out of my way to avoid getting hit by Bag's ball gun. So many close calls.

many many more.

Good on ya Cheeseboy for hosting a good war. Looking forward to the next.

#363790 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Cannonball on 09 April 2019 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there

#207878 Bagsfest 2 Date Changed

Posted by Cannonball on 30 January 2009 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm planning on making it to this one with a buddy of mine. I actually haven't played TPB yet.

#138750 The Chief Is Using Nerf!

Posted by Cannonball on 05 February 2008 - 10:48 AM in General Nerf

That does look like a chick in armor. In any case, I think the front looks way more like an LS front than a recon front.

#342998 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Cannonball on 22 November 2014 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

There is an HVZ game in Camarillo I've always been interested in trying out on the same day. How much wiggle room is there for the date?

#142224 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

I try to use my dremel sparingly since it makes such a big mess. I love my hobby saw that allows me to switch blades to pvc/metal, wood, cement, and drywall. It came with a screw driver attatchments and bits. I would reccomend one of these because it cost a bit under 20 and came with everything needed.

#291749 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Cannonball on 29 December 2010 - 03:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I won't be able to make it after all, fellas. Have fun without me.

#363902 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Cannonball on 17 May 2019 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Working on a FB event. Should be up by the end of the day.

#343031 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Cannonball on 23 November 2014 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

They had two different dates. I guess their war is the 14th, not the 20th. The 13th and the 20th both work for me then.

#291302 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Cannonball on 21 December 2010 - 03:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I might not be able to make this one. I believe I have a church leadership retreat scheduled for that weekend. If I'm in school at that time,though, I should be able to make it.

#154857 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by Cannonball on 05 May 2008 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

I dont think anyone has said this, but as for epoxy, I suggest Devcon Plastic welder. You will not be disappointed.

#133839 Recon Internals! (scroll Down)

Posted by Cannonball on 26 December 2007 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

damn, beat me to it dude. I just opened mine up and was going to throw up the pics. good thing I checked your thread first.

#140132 The Snap-4m

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in Homemades

It's a manta ray though....

I like the sound of the snap duo though. If you name it something though it should be something bad ass and biker related due to the ingenious use of leather.

#125691 Custom Longshot Modification Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 10 October 2007 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

A good alternative is to head over to a nearby swapmeet and browse their airsoft selection. (if they have any). Most of the time you'll be able to get your hands on a cool looking rifle. Can't guarantee it will perform fantastic as an airsoft gun, but if you want to do something like mkbae then that is what I suggest. The swapmeet that is nearby me sells the 10mm paintball gun for pretty cheap as well so I'm sure you might be able to find one of those at the swap meet as well.

#307731 SanchoPanza

Posted by Cannonball on 24 November 2011 - 05:52 AM in Homemades

Wow. You really took my quote and ran with it! This thing looks awesome! I like the idea of being able to actually sight down your barrel now. I'll have to get all my materials together and build one of these ASAP! Nice job, man. Keep up the good work.

#139122 Ok You Primitive Screwheads, Listen Up!

Posted by Cannonball on 07 February 2008 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

Nice right up Badger. I appreciate the quote from the army of darkness greatly. You have the right to yell "Hail to the king baby" every time you get a hit with that thing. Again, nice job.