Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#362838 Armageddon XIX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/23/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 03 April 2018 - 05:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there

#130065 Inter Continental Nerf Missile

Posted by Cannonball on 18 November 2007 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

you could use a thin cloth/tissue/towel to pull the little pieces of foam out of the back end. 1, maybe even 2 corners of the cloth would be enough to be connected to the plug to pull out the darts in the rocket, yet allow them to fall when they are out of it.

#129609 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Oh , I think I know what you are talking about. It shoots these yellow rockets. comes with 2. I worked on one. If it is what I think it is then you can just take out the small plastic screen over the end of the barrel inside the gun and fit a micro in there. should be ok range. Nothing spectacular. I don't think it's worth it though. I did a barrel replacement and it didn't really help much. Then again I wasn't brave enough to dissect the pump casing either since it's sealed shut.

#129684 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

Sorry to hijack this thread Cornman. Here is a picture of the internals.
Posted Image

At first it looked to be at least a decent gun. See that white tube, it fits micros quite well.

with all of that though, the micros fell short of hitting the wall at the end of my hall.

that whole back end though where the pump is located is sealed but removable from the gun itself (follow?). I didn't want to cut it open so I don't know if there was something else I could do to it.

#173756 Wodden Toy Gun.

Posted by Cannonball on 30 August 2008 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

It's not that hard to integrate an at2k or at3k into that at all. I'm working on putting an at2k onto the remnants of a flintlock replica myself and I'm just using my rotary tool, and it's solid wood. It will look cool for sure, In my opinion at least. make sure you slap some orange or bright colors on the end of the barrel though so you don't get shot.

#129619 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure that's it. when I get home Ill put a pic up to see if cornman can identify. As far as I know it's some "no name" brand. I think it's something like ES toys? I haven't seen the SB though so that could be it.

#129682 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Alright, I'm thinking it was this:
Posted Image

If it isn't then I have no idea what gun it is. Here's hoping it is so we know what you're talking about.

#148291 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by Cannonball on 31 March 2008 - 01:32 AM in General Nerf

You could always try reinforcing it and putting in a new spring. I think it has potential. Don't you dare paint it though. Keep the shell as stock looking as possible. It's like the reject grand-daddy of the crossbow that some how got lost in a veteran's home. You could always try bungies too. I haven't the foggiest how you could pull that off though.

#149552 Airsoft Question

Posted by Cannonball on 05 April 2008 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Jungletoy.com usually has good deals on AEG. Sometimes on the real cheap. Don't get put off by the name. good site. I got my mp5 RAS

#149565 Airsoft Question

Posted by Cannonball on 05 April 2008 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

the m14 is awesome. All the models I have seen come with high cap magazines that hold something like 300 -500 rounds, depending on who you are buying it from.

#178728 Fall 'geddon 2008 - Recap Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 21 September 2008 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

That was was truly the greatest! The soreness I feel in my legs now is worth it.

Highlights:
- headshot right off the bat first round of the day. 3 in total for the day. Not bad I guess.
- Getting sworded only to realize I'm still in because everyone on my team hit that dude when he ate it jumping the barrier. Sorry bud, nice try.
- being within range of Sorrow's vulcan only to have it jam on him so I can pull out my nitefinder and return fire. perfect timing huh?
- Being there to witness the little kid with the blowgun inch up to the other team's flag and take it. They did not notice until I started yelling at him to run. It was the greatest moment of the CTF games in my opinion.
- Seeing the look on Pilz's face when he shot his barrel out.
- having a little kid on the other team taunt me and pilz while we were shooting at him. It was even funnier when Tony (I believe) took him out while he was dancing around.
- Seeing old and new faces
- seeing one of my team mates hose three other guys with his vulcan. It was amazing.
- Bags eating it, but still getting a hit on someone else.
- Performing the flying V formation with great success.

Cons:
- Not being able to hit Axelion once the whole day.
- The amazing aerial acrobatics of some of the darts I picked up and shot. They were fun to watch, but they didn't go where I wanted them to.

I really can't think of any other Cons right now. It was an amazing day so that's probably why. I'm glad to be a part of the madness that was fall 'geddon '08. Looking forward to many more in the future. Bags, Falcon, you guys did a great job of keeping things together and going smoothly. The war was just splendid thanks to you guys. Major props.

#171451 The Scimitar

Posted by Cannonball on 21 August 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

It's definitely different, in a good way. I've never complimented you on your use of velcro Falcon. Right on.

#179201 Fall 'geddon 2008 - Recap Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 23 September 2008 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I cant click on them and view a larger version.

#175458 Crossbow Spring

Posted by Cannonball on 06 September 2008 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

if you have a bna you could try using that spring. it's slightly longer than a crossbow stock spring. I don't know if it's any better. I have yet to try it, but I'm sure you'll need to add bungies to your crossbow too.

#232049 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by Cannonball on 23 May 2009 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Rawray's setup shouldn't be a problem if your barrels are set up right. I'm using a rawray'd original crossbow plunger tube with a dt3 spring and one mini bungee. I'm usually hitting low to mid nineties with it. Just slap a bungee on there and you should be good to go. You're not going to need to hit anyone 100+ feet away anyway.

#137097 Review: The +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 24 January 2008 - 01:32 PM in News

I couldn't have expected a better review. I've been in the wings on this plusbow versus crossbow thing for awhile, not being able to really make any declaration of superiority since I own neither. I still really can't and that suits me fine.

That said, the review was a work of art. The pros and cons of both guns were clearly laid out so that a noob like myself could educate himself. The plethora of details was awesome to say the least. I've been interested in both the crossbow and the plusbow and possibly owning them in the future. I've been holding off on my cash expenditure for quite sometime now and with good reason now I guess. i haven't really attended a war on par with the ones you guys attend regularly so I have no use for either gun at this moment. VACC, I think you did a beautiful job of laying out info for the noob population (me included, to set the record straight) I've been around for a couple months and I've seen a ton of people flying off the handle for a crossbow purchase opportunity. Your review helped me not to join that massive group of people crawling all over each other for one of those 'sacred' guns.

The sad thing is I doubt many people will take any of this to heart. If only there was a noob disclaimer on every crossbow ;)

I'm already shedding a tear for those crossbows that will be inevitably purchased and not used to it's full potential in a war and may end up collecting dust in someone's garage again.

In any case, this review was educational and very helpful. I'll stick to my longshot for a while and get some more wars under my belt before I attempt to snatch a crossbow out of the snapping jaws of some noobs. (not saying all people interested in purchasing crossbows are noobs either).

#137219 Review: The +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 25 January 2008 - 06:54 PM in News

Say slug, exactly what kind of rail system does this use. VACC mentioned brackets so I'm assuming this is a standard picatinny-type rail, or is it something different?

That would be cool if that's the case. You could always just dismantle cheap airsoft accessories. Even then, I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate the system to hold it to the picatinny rail itself. Here's a crappy paint picture to demonstrate. (to those who need it)

Posted Image

Just find the desired nut and screw/bolt that will thread on it with a big enough head and you should be good to go. I don't think this will be too hard for anybody on this forum to accomplish.

#140373 Disk Shot Vs Nite Finder?

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

discussions like these are really tough. First, you've got all kinds of claims in which people state the accuracy or range of said gun. You can't really determine reliably which one is better due to the fact that everyone for the most part doesn't modify guns the same way. Some one can say "oh, my nf is way more accurate than my diskshot." Who's to say the barrel on the disk shot is crooked as hell?

I think considering that both are so very similar that any difference in stock range could possibly be very unnoticeable and even really not that important. I think if one were to get like just a tad farther that it really doesn't matter. I have never handled a disk shot though so I don't personally know the similarity. I can't say the nf is more comfortable in hand than the diskshot either.

Since the TTG was already mentioned I thought I'd give my two scents about the feel of it. I personally like the feel of the nitefinder in hand better than the TTG. looks wise, I would put the TTG above though.

#172732 "whats That Sweetness?"

Posted by Cannonball on 26 August 2008 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

props dayko. I'm glad people are coming around to the fairly simple modding ability of this gun. I don't know if it's my gun or not, but If I pump it to around 20 I get better ranges by a little. That's when my check valve goes off at least. Is 10 the max for yours? just curious.

#160744 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 27 June 2008 - 11:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm google mapping this business right now. I'm going to split once we decided to hit the next site though.

#160321 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 24 June 2008 - 07:51 PM in Nerf Wars

you guys are making me wake up early!? ah well, I guess we get to run a little longer then. the time is fine with me.

#160429 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 25 June 2008 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

good point. I didnt even consider the weather.

#157851 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 02 June 2008 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd prefer the weekend. saturday and sunday would work for me as well. I do have church, but that might give me the opportunity to convince someone else to come. the more the merrier.

#157239 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 28 May 2008 - 12:11 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm down for now. what day does the 28th land on anyway? CAFF was a little weird due to it being on a monday.

#171174 The Megamaverick!

Posted by Cannonball on 21 August 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

I like it. Didn't Captain Slug work on a maverick without that whole front part?

#239929 Season Of Foam - Northern California

Posted by Cannonball on 03 July 2009 - 01:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, count me in on this adventure. I leave the 10th and come back the 14th so I'll be free for it. Like I said, I can pay for food and gas and what ever supplies. I'll even put in extra if it means I don't have to drive.

#239731 Season Of Foam - Northern California

Posted by Cannonball on 02 July 2009 - 12:56 AM in Nerf Wars

If we get a convoy together, count me in. I'm looking at my calendar and it looks blank. Lord knows something always sneaks up on me last minute. I don't mind chipping in for gas and food for the convoy though.

#171886 Fall 'geddon 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 23 August 2008 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

California freaking blows.

In an unrelated note, I'm in.

I really liked playing at Cullen the last time. Sellers, not so much. Or is it the other way around? Which one is the one where that teacher douche came out and yelled at us for nerfing while those skaters were less than 5 feet away?

#272727 Petg Breech Breakthough

Posted by Cannonball on 19 April 2010 - 09:30 PM in Homemades

I would also highly recommend bringing in a sample of PETG with you if you decide to buy some SCH 80 at a local store. I've found that the ID sometimes vary and have accidentally bought some SCH 80 that fit my PETG too tight or didn't fit them at all.

#174692 Fall 'geddon 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 03 September 2008 - 11:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm psyched. Haven't been to a war in a while! Oh, and I might also be bringing my buddy who came with me to the last CAFF

#173089 Fall 'geddon 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 28 August 2008 - 12:56 AM in Nerf Wars

can't wait for it. I need to get my gear set up.

#204300 January Lano 2009

Posted by Cannonball on 17 January 2009 - 11:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, attitude's not necessary man. Anyway, I'll dig through my junk to see if I have a bolt sled for ya. I know I have some spare LS parts, but no promises.

#125914 Nerf Guns For 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 12 October 2007 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

Thats going to be hella awesome!

This has now progressed to the point where it is too painful to read. I won't spoil it for cmdrmack's sake, though.

Damn I'm stupid so cmdrmack just made that up.

I now understand why there are Emo kids..

#196279 January Lano 2009

Posted by Cannonball on 15 December 2008 - 12:56 AM in Nerf Wars

I go back to school the 26th I believe. I'm not sure of what's going on, but anything before that is good. The 17th seems like a good date to me.

#215372 So I Modded My Rf20

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2009 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

Why not replace the pump with a double action bike pump? They are pretty nifty

#142733 Jspb Max Fire & Biomech

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 11:41 PM in Homemades

I know what you are talking about baghead, but wasn't that 3DBBQ's idea though? I'm thinking of trying it out myself, I was wondering though, if the gun is tilted, isn't there a chance that the rounds will just fall into the T instead of into the barrel?

#154993 Nano (oc War June 08)

Posted by Cannonball on 06 May 2008 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

dang, you guys are keeping us busy. Count me in unless something happens.

#157864 Nano (oc War June 08)

Posted by Cannonball on 03 June 2008 - 12:20 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to start saying Das va danya instead of "hit" when I hit someone then.

#157853 Nano (oc War June 08)

Posted by Cannonball on 02 June 2008 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Right on. I really liked that little park we played at. On an unrelated note, if bag's has his own little faction of SCUN, and you do also, where does that put the new guys like me? Are we just going to be the "eternal new guys" or something? Thought it was an almost funny question worth asking

#143132 Jspb Max Fire & Biomech

Posted by Cannonball on 28 February 2008 - 11:39 PM in Homemades

I believe the in line clip on the at2k you were referring to had the check valve on the back and it was used for loading darts instead of using a cap.