Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#270607 Magstrike Air Compressor Mod

Posted by Banshee on 28 March 2010 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Wouldn't this be a very expensive project?

I was about to ask this as well. How much did this mod run you in the bank? I'm sure its worth it, but if I did it myself, what kind of money are we looking at?

#253651 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 16 October 2009 - 12:53 AM in Modifications

Beautiful work there dude! Like seriously. Thats the kinda shit I'm into, milking a gun for all its worth! Two things I think you left out though, how does the auto advance operate with a new pump, and what did you do for the seal from the tank to the turret now that there are 1/2" holes in the back?

You need to give it a sick paintjob though! And how's your dart fit in the PETG? My 3K is just like CXWQ's and the darts nearly fall out because the fit is so loose and I'm using modded streamlines. I want a tighter fit without going to brass.

P.S. I would so do this to one of my 3k's, but all the materials to do it are up on eBay right now. DAMN.

#255899 Recon Cs-6 And Ertl Rapid Fire Shot Gun Mod

Posted by Banshee on 10 November 2009 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

As far as making streamlines more accurate, stuff a single BB in the hole in the tips of the darts used in guns that fire 0-60ft, 2 BB's in a darts fired at 60-100ft, and 3 BB's in dart that are fired over 100ft. This makes them pretty reliable for me and they still work in all the stock guns with no fishtailing. They don't hurt as much as stephan's, and unless you're really good at making stephan's, modding streamlines is pretty damn cheap. But I wouldn't go as far as to cut off the tip and glue, it takes too long.

#270166 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

I was loving the mod. Until I saw its on sale. Any chance of duplicating this? I want to see it in person. Did you have to reinforce the catch?

This mod was incredibly difficult and I have no intention of doing it again unless I was given the materials to do so. The hardest part was finding the materials and killing a perfectly good AT3k. And if you had hopes of seeing it in person that would require you to come to me because I don't travel more than 20 miles for a war. So if you really want to see it, you'll have to buy it. Sorry. If you get your hands on the materials, I'll make you one for contract, but otherwise I had no plans on duplicating it.

#270201 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 03:07 PM in Modifications

Oh darn, I forgot that step! I wrapped electrical tape in the front and back of the plunger. It doesn't need much to hold it in, just as long as it doesn't fall out the front, but its rock solid.

#270161 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

I've never been much for pistol sized primaries, but I'll make an exception with this thing.

Do you think one of those shotgun shell ends could be fashioned to make a good seal on a turret?

I assume you mean to use them as actual shells for darts? I would say it'd be about as good as one of the BuzzBee shells. The only problem will be drilling through the primer because it rotates freely so its almost impossible to drill.

#270150 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone! Any questions?

Things I might add, is that this gun is not at all front heavy, it takes a real man to prime it, and firing three darts at once is always a plus!

#270228 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

It looks like the plunger pull ring hits the back of the gun before the head hits the end of the plunger. If that is what happens, that will likely cause durability problems.

Anyway, amazing job with this. It should fetch some serious dough.

Not at all! I designed it with negative preload. There is actually slack in it. I just pushed the plunger rod all the way in for the pictures. I did it like that for the specific reason you stated. I intended this gun to be used and abused, so I didn't want the cocking handle hitting the gun, and when you fire it barely taps it and by that point there is no force behind it, so it works great. I would rather have the handle hit the gun than the head hit the end of the plunger.

#270136 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Wow, that's amazing. I saw Black Foxes post in the Mod PJ thread, so I decided to try it myself and make a writeup. I'm glad to see it worked out so well for you.

So it was Blackfox? I'm going to change the credit then, thanks. But yeah, it works beautifully.

#270231 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

So if I'm seeing this correctly. the shotgun shell is the pump stopper?

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by pump stopper? The shell is just the handle. It's purely cosmetic. What stops the pump from coming out is 3/4" PVC epoxied into the opening.

#270313 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

There is to be no selling or advertising of sales outside of the trading section.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a rule. And even so, does it apply when I'm simply mentioning the fact that its for sale at the end of an enormous write up? Personally I would say no. It's when I post only the sale in the Modifications section that I see a problem. I'm not arguing with anyone here, I'm just trying to clarify the situation.

#270334 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but the plunger head doesn't reach the coupler? isn't your plunger rod destroying the back of your gun right now?

Nope, I put just enough play in the spring that after its fired there's about a centimeter between the back of the plunger rod and the shell. This will increase the life of the gun a lot because plastic never impacts plastic. Its also pretty quiet, the loudest noise the gun makes is the dart leaving barrel.

#270289 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

I have a noobish question. The plunger tube in the nitefinder, (which is 1 inch petg) is it from a pet store? Or am I totally wrong.

Thanks before hand, street slick.

I said in the beginning of the write up that its 1" PETG from Pet Smart.

#270268 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

This is an amazing mod, I love the secondary inside a secondary thing going on here. But one quick question, which gun inside the NF is the "Primary"?

Well, that might be an opinion question, but I'd say the Nite Finder because its the most powerful.. For me, in a battle I use my side arm more than my primary because my primary generally shoots really far and has a slow reload time, so as I reload I hold people off with my medium range gun with a decent rate of fire, which would be the 3k. But not everyone would use the gun like I would.

#270243 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Very cool gun, but why didn't you just keep the airtech 3000 turret?

Because you can't auto advance the 3k turret outside of the gun, and you wont be able to manually rotate it efficiently because it isn't on the spring loaded gear like the 2k turret is meanign I'd have to hold it in place every round and it wouldn't have a very good seal. And it wouldn't have fit even if I wanted it to. The pump gets in the way.

#270258 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

As I stated earlier:

I wrapped electrical tape in the front and back of the plunger. It doesn't need much to hold it in, just as long as it doesn't fall out the front, but its rock solid.

#270132 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Once it cures we need to bend our trigger pin in a circle. So grab two pairs of pliers and bend it like this:
Posted Image

Now, test fit it to make sure it all works before we attach the pump. So drop it in, and then take out the trigger. We need to drill a small hole in the far back corner according the size of your trigger wire.
Posted Image

I suggest stiff wire, not flexible wire because it’s not a straight pull on the pin. I used some copper housing wire.
Posted Image

Now we’ll move onto the pump relocation. PointBlank put his where the plunger tube was, I want mine on the side of the gun. But before we place it, I’m going to do my signature shot-gun-shell pump handle! So take your shell:
Posted Image

And cut the plastic off it!
Posted Image

Then cut the end off of our pump.
Posted Image

The way I install my pump is permanent, so you need to glue it in before you can put the handle on. So epoxy it in and put the shell on the end.
Posted Image

Now we can epoxy it on the side. I’m not very good with epoxy putty, but try and be as clean as possible.
Posted Image

Now because we’re going to do the Extended Plunger Tube mod originally done by KBarker, we need to lob off the barrel stabilizer thing on the front. I also grinded the whole in the front big enough for the plunger to fit out of the front.
Posted Image]

Then if you care to do so, you can patch the hole like I did. I used thin sheets of Plexiglas and super glued them on.
Posted Image

Then I filed the edges clean and filled in some gaps with putty.
Posted Image

Now we’re going to work on the plunger rod. We need to combine sections of two to create one long one. I’m missing a few pictures, but I used copper wire and super glue and its rock solid. It should look like this:
Posted Image

Then I used an extra long bolt to run through the head, all the way through the first section and into the original plunger head of the plunger rod. It’s hard to explain without a picture. Before you put the head on, put the catch on and your spring, I don’t remember what the spring was, but I got it from Ace and it’s basically a long skinny version of the Ace #49. You’ll need to cut off about 3 inches of it.
Posted Image
Now measure out how long you want the plunger to be. On the end, epoxy your coupler in. I also ran 2 small screws into the sides for safe measures.
Posted Image

Now we can move on to the Pocket Blaster integration. This part is entirely optional, but it only takes up one ammo holder and it’s pretty easy to do. Take both ammo holder inserts out and grind them on one side to fit CPVC like this:
Posted Image

#270133 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Now take your pocket blaster out of the shell, cut the barrel off and epoxy on a CPVC one. Then install your ammo holders, slide the Pocket Blaster into place and glue it. It should look like this:
Posted Image

Now we’ve done everything to the gun and its time to paint it. I had a craving to do an orange and black paint job for a while, so that’s what I did. I nick-named it the General Lee. And for those of you old enough to know anything about The Dukes of Hazzard will know why.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The light that was used for the sight is now angled upwards into the plunger tube. So when you pull the trigger, the plunger tube lights up red. Its just another signature modification I’ve done on previous guns I’ve sold.

Now I know you all want ranges, right?

The Nite Finder gets close to 100 feet but consistently lands in the upper 80’s and 90’s depending on the dart. I’m using a 10” CPVC Barrel. And it’s the most accurate gun I’ve ever used. I test fired it and shot my friend in the chest at 85 feet consistently.

The AirTech 3000 is getting about 70-80 feet

And the Pocket Blaster gets a whopping 40-50 feet!

#270131 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 23 March 2010 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

Hello everyone. I’ve been working on this beast for some time now, and it’s finally finished! I have combined many modifications from many different Nerf contributors all into one gun. Essentially this is a Nite Finder with an extended plunger tube, an integrated AirTech 3000, an integrated Secret Strike Pocket Blaster, an AirTech 2000 turret, and accent lighting.

This modification is thorough and long, so if you want to skip to the good stuff, just scroll to the bottom. Otherwise, lets get started!

First we start with our basic materials. You’re going to also need an extra Nite Finder plunger rod or make your own from cratch. And you’re going to need some 1” PETG Tubing from Pet Smart. The following will be the installation of the AirTech 3000 to the likings of PointBlank and pump location to the liking of me and my previous Blood Finder mod.
Posted Image

You’re going to need to rip out all the internals from the AT3K like so:
Posted Image

Then you need to clean all the plastic sticking out from the air tank off. It should look like this:
Posted Image

Then we’re going to bypass the pressure gauge and remove the second section of the tank pin so you have this:
Posted Image

Now you’re going to set that assembly aside for later. Before we can do anything else to it, we need to move on to the Nite Finder and prepare it for the tank installation.

So grab your Nite Finder and open it up.
Posted Image

Gut the gun, remove everything from the inside. Then take a large drill bit and drill down the screw pegs on the inside where the light was.
Posted Image

Do this to the other side as well.
Posted Image

Then drill a hole large enough for the tank valve out the side.
Posted Image

Now take a file or a Dremel tool and grind the front of the gun where the light was large enough for the tank to fit through because it will need to stick out the front a millimeter or so.
Posted Image

Now test fit your tank.
Posted Image

The Tube into the tank should stick out the side like this:
Posted Image

Now we’re going to take our AirTech 2000 turret and go Dremel crazy on it. We’re going to do the Reverse Turret mod like Blue did, I’m not sure if he came up with it or if it was Cheesypiza001, Blue said it was originally Black Fox. Take your Dremel and grind everything off the top, the barrels, AR’s, and the steel pin in the middle. Make sure you go slow on the steel pin and allow time for it to cool down. If not it could get hot enough to start melting the plastic on the turret and that’s never good.
Posted Image

Then grind everything off of the bottom of turret except for the spring of course. Then drill barrel holes all the way through.
Posted Image

Now we’re going to attach it onto our tank with epoxy putty. I put it on offset so it wouldn’t get in the way of the plunger or the ammo holders, where I plan to put the Pocket Blaster.
Posted Image

Before you do that, if you wanted to do rear loading, this would be the time. Now we can attach the barrels. Do whatever you’d like for this, but I chose to only do 3 inch CPVC barrels. I wanted a fast reload time and didn’t want to open up the turret to do rear loading, so I went with short barrels and it works fine.
Posted Image

#261229 Lanard 12-shot Shotgun to Quadshot

Posted by Banshee on 09 January 2010 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

I guess I'll be the one to ask for ranges. So... What kind of ranges are you getting?

#183382 Night Finder 3 In 1

Posted by Banshee on 12 October 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Wow... absolutely gorgeous. Thats how a real man combines his guns! I was thinking you should attach one of those new Tek Six's underneath it Longshot style for a 6 round shotgun style backup. That sounds like my kind of gun... There are a few things that have been preventing me from making one of these myself:

1.How sturdy is the plunger once cocked? It looks like it could snap seeing as it sticks so far out the back of the gun.

2. What are the odds of the plunger rod coming disconnected at the attached points. I haven't heard of one breaking yet, but for only glue and nails, I'm a little afraid to do it. Would you recommend custom making on out of aluminum?

3. Compared to another springer, how hard is it to cock?

-Banshee

#213088 Longshot Tactical

Posted by Banshee on 17 February 2009 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Are you all fucking serious? Like 4 people in a row just necroed this. If you haven't been around this site very long to notice old threads, get in the habit of READING DATES. This happens so often around here its really getting old. Stop blindly posting people. Don't post in threads that you haven't read every previous post in, and don't post in threads that are more than 2 months old. And even that's pushing it. Please people, be a little more responsible or we're all going to go crazy. Or at least I am.

#179885 Tactical Nf Write-up

Posted by Banshee on 27 September 2008 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Nice job man. Welcome to haven. You actually look like you know what you're doing for a first poster! And by the way, whatever paint you used on your gun SUCKS. No one paints that bad, you need some new paint. Try that crap walmart sells for like 96 cents a can. It's never failed me. Keep up the good work.

#196845 Pistol Tommy 20 Mod (no Writeup)

Posted by Banshee on 17 December 2008 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

It wasn't necroed from its recent "bringing up", a little old yes, but it was only like 2 weeks old.

#183102 Tsunami Scattergun

Posted by Banshee on 11 October 2008 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

You should cut the couple attached to the tank just a bit shorter to cut down on some dead space. If you can of course.

#191792 Tsunami Scattergun

Posted by Banshee on 24 November 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

*Cough* NECRO! * Cough*

I would tell you to read this, but I decided to stick a link for you.
follow...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE------->The code.

/noobish backseat moderation.

that felt somewhat satisfying.

God, I need to post a somewhat decent mod...

Well, aside from his horrible grammar and the fact that this mod isn't THAT old, he actually added something, so I'm going to defend him and say that this wasn't a necro. However, he needs to clean up his posts and try not to pull anything like this very often.

#219725 Frostbite

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2009 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

Wait, so the smdtb trigger fires the hornet tanks and the keyring fires the AT3K, so whats the MS trigger fire? all of them? I don't understand the drawing completely.

#219735 Frostbite

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2009 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

Wait, so the smdtb trigger fires the hornet tanks and the keyring fires the AT3K, so whats the MS trigger fire? all of them? I don't understand the drawing completely.

The MS trigger controls when air is released from the bladder into the tanks. I can get off multiple shots without pumping that way.

It's what I tried to do with The Dragon, except I didn't add a release valve so it didn't work as I had planned.

Cooooooooool.... I always wanted to use a bladder like that in like an AT2K, but I couldn't part with one of my still working bladder guns.

#181085 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by Banshee on 02 October 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Oh give me a break... Come one guys! There is nothing wrong with this. The LS is probably the most popular Nerf gun and 90% of us have one with a paint job or mod of some sort. Yes I understand that the Xbow is "legendary" and deserves its own thread, but there are SO many different things you can do to a Longshot I feel it deserves its own thread just to show off these things. Yes we have the paint job thread, but how many guns in there are Longshots? Almost every other one is a longshot. Whats the big deal? How is it an insult to Haven? You guys are being so ridiculous about it. The thread is harmless, the least you could do is post nothing. Why are you flaming him!?

And nightfinder... You dumbass, you can't jump start a thread as big as you expect this to be with no freaking starting pictures. What you should've done is waited, or get a picture of someone else's (with permission) just so we have something. With what you posted, you're in the same league with the little shits who shove random fucking markers in their BBB and tell us about it. Think ahead next time.

I was gona start a topic like this myself, but I knew everyone would flip out because everyone and their mother has a Longshot.... Which is exactly why there should be a thread for them.

Nightfinder, I got your back. I don't feel that this thread in its current state is worth pinning, but we should have one for Longshots. I hereby second the act of the Official "Show Off Your Longshot" Thread.

-Banshee

#218768 Rf20 Mod - Caedo

Posted by Banshee on 19 March 2009 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Sorry to turn the thread to CaptainSlug, but I have a question about your "Big RF20 Blast". Where is the pump for the RF20? Is it linked together with the Big Blast pump? If so how did you manage to keep the Big blast tank from over pressuring as you filled the RF20 bladder? And lastly, how many pumps does it take to fill both?

#180903 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Banshee on 01 October 2008 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Okay, well this is my primary: Rapid Fire 20
Posted Image
Name: None
Mods: Banded Bladder, Crayola barrels, Locked on fully auto.
Range: 40-50ft
Description: This is probably my favorite gun. I love the way it looks with the silver, flat black, and red.

This is my secondary: Airtech 2000
Posted Image
Mods: AR removal, Barrel mod, plugged pump
Range: 90-120ft
Description: I painted it a nice flat brown and added a fore grip to it. Its my 3rd farthest shooting gun, but I use it more because it has a much better rate of fire than a converted water gun. Its range greatly depends on what dart you use.

This is my sidearm: Nightfinder EX-3
Posted Image
Mods: AR removal, Crayola barrel mod, #49 spring nested with a DS spring, silenced, laser pointer sight, reinforced catch, double o-ring, taped plunger
Range: 90-100+(with a good dart on a hot day)
Description: This gun is a BITCH to cock. I don't recommend putting such powerful springs in it without serious reinforcements to the gun. Its not as accurate as I'd like it to be but it stings when you get hit. And the chrome barrel tip is a shower curtain rod I took out during a renovation.

All my guns use converted dart tag darts and I never bullshit about my ranges. I don't have any proof of them, but I have absolutely no reason to lie about them. I don't need to impress a bunch of people on the internet that I'll never meet with a bullshit story about a plastic toy. So don't accuse me of lying. I live in Arizona, its good elevation and very hot... darts FLY...

And those are my guns!

#183121 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Banshee on 11 October 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

My favorite sidearm is the N-strike night finder. I like this gun because it's super simple to mod and mine maxes out at about 90ft but I don't have exact ranges. What I mean by it's super simple to mod is that all I did was replace the barrel and add rubber bands. I love this gun!!!

EDIT:I got a max range of 89 ft (with a perfect stremline) and a low of 45 ft (with a bad stefan).

Really.... So tell us exactly what you did to it to get that high of range?

#160492 Nifty Secret Shot Mod

Posted by Banshee on 26 June 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

How do we make it mandatory for new comers to actually read the CoC??? This sort of thing is happening quite often...

#159505 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Banshee on 17 June 2008 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

Hi guys, since some of you may know, I am sadly leaving nerf, so I never got around to finishing this. I'd love to see someone continue from where I left off. Who knows, you might see me back some day.

Can I have your guns then? Haha, seriously.

#287060 Tiny Tim - Edit: Simpler More Effective Design On Page 2

Posted by Banshee on 17 October 2010 - 01:48 AM in Modifications

Holy Hell, I thought this was going to be a troll, and then I saw a hornet tank! Nice dude! thats threw me for a loop!

#301644 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 16 July 2011 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

Meh I've got a busted magstrike, I might scrap the piston and do this to it, does I require that super soaker or could it work with any air tank?

It will work with any air tank, but the results will depend on what tank you use. I've stated my reasons for using this tank previously, so if you use something else, let me know how it goes.

#301642 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 16 July 2011 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

He means that after he pushes the push button valve for the air to go from the bladder into the tank, without a check valve right before the tank, all the air just comes out the push valve thing when you release the button. The check valve stops the air from going in that direction. I know from experience, the check valve IS vital.

Correct. The air gets released from the valve. There are several ways I could put the tank fill button as a single stage operation, but I chose not to, because to use an RSCB, you have to tip the gun downwards to allow another dart to fall into the barrel. In the time it takes me to do so, I could push that button and fill the tank, seeing as it takes a fraction of a second to do so. That way it ensures me that I'm not losing air by trying to put both triggers in one. It would be simpler, yes, but not any less effective than it already is.

#301564 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 15 July 2011 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

It seems like this would work good with a hopper, have you tried one out?

No, I have a feeling it would work, but I've never even tried a hopper on any gun. By design, they don't look like they would work well with streamline darts, and I only have a handful of stefans.

#301593 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 15 July 2011 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

Very nice Banshee! :)
The tank functions the same way as a Super Soaker Shot Blast tank. Would you happen to know how their sizes compare?

I don't own a shotblast, but from pictures I've seen, I would say they're pretty close in size. The Shotblast tank looks a little wider, but a little shorter.

#301604 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 15 July 2011 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

Very nice! If only I hadn't wasted a 2k tank and a magstrike bladder on a project for a friend... I'm guessing that most/all tanks that use a pin would be compatible? If so, I have a new project. :ph34r:

I think any tank would work, but I went with that tank because I can hear it fill with air, you can hear the rod come out of the back. I tested with an AT2K tank, and I never really knew when it was full and it didn't seem to get to a very high pressure because the darts isn't go very far at all. So I'm not really sure, but I left this mod very generalized so anyone can apply their own twists, hopper clips, different tanks, breeches, etc. The possibilities are endless, and I'm excited to see what someone will do with the concept.