Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 12-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#230448 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 15 May 2009 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Love it. Great work with the blaster and I really like the paint job.

Transformers.

Coming from you, that means a lot. Your paint jobs are absolutely SICK. And all of you are still wrong about the movie.

#230420 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 15 May 2009 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

Thank you for all your compliments! And no, sorry the movie is not I am Legend, X-men, or Slumdog. None of you will guess what movie it is. You all know the movie, but I just happened to pause it at a point that looks like it could be anything. But anyways, this thread is about my gun.

The paint I used is a Duplicolor automotive paint. I love their paints because they have pan spray nozzles, really comfortable, the paint doesn't chip, smudge, or crack, its a beautiful color, it goes on VERY even, very fine so you can get it in any nook and cranny, and best of all, it dries to the touch in like 10 minutes. I painted the gun and put some 10 minute dry clear coat on it LITERALLY half an hour before I posted pictures.

#230350 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 15 May 2009 - 08:26 AM in Modifications

This reminds me of NortherofHeavens integration... but I like this one more only because it looks "ballin" haha.

P.S. Is the movie Transformers?

Nope, not Transformers, good guess, try again!

#230328 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 14 May 2009 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

When I read the post title I was ready for a "cyclops" carbon copy, but this is amazing.
I love it. The pump handle and placement is engenious. (sp?) As well as the trigger linking. You said in the write up you wanted the option of both shots at once or semi-auto. How could that be semi?

Mega props.

Well, I don't have it rigged right now to be semi but it is possible. Right now, one trigger pull fires them both at the exact same time, but if I where to trim the trigger a bit and tighten up the linkage, i could get the AT3K to fire on half a pull and the NF to fire on the whole pull thus being semi auto, but I liked it better this way. Right now, I pump it once, shoot a dart, then I cock it and shoot another.

#230452 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 15 May 2009 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

Clue time me thinks.
Everyone agree?

Okay, its a war movie.

#230499 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 16 May 2009 - 01:06 AM in Modifications

Saving Private Ryan

And, I just realized you're using a 12-gauge shell for a pump handle. Pretty ingenious.

Thanks, and wrong again. Closest guess so far though.

#230623 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 16 May 2009 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Bow's gotta be on the right side. That's the biggest stipulation.

And you must be able to fire all or only one from the same trigger.

Haha, hell yes, then we need to add a Vulcan somewhere!

#230612 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 16 May 2009 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Black Hawk Down, Windtalkers?
On Topic: Great mod, I love how smooth the paint looks.

YOU WIN 1 BILLION INTERNETZ!!! It was Black Hawk Down! Anyways, The paint is like $6 a can but its worth every penny and it smells really good. Haha.

And to SchizophrenicMC, Me and angel and whoever it was that made BBS collaborate and create the most impractically large, bastard nerf gun EVER. We'll have the LS with the bow on one side, the Blood Finder, on the bottom, and a Doomsayer on the other side HAHA! Then we'll integrate a RF20 into the LS scope, or better yet 2! "It's like a Nerf gun made out of BICEPS!!!!"

#230502 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 16 May 2009 - 02:06 AM in Modifications

Nice I also thought that it would be another cyclops. Nice paint job!

my guess
jarhead

I loved the concept of putting a pump gun inside a nightfinder but I didn't want to waste the nightfinder internals, because there's no point. I also saw NortherofHeaven put a AT2K in a NF, but I refuse to sacrifice pump strokes, I wanted an efficient, and practical way to put a pump gun in a NF, so I did this. I didn't want to put the pump on the side, but when you refuse to cut it down or remove internals, what are you gona do, right? The gun works flawlessly though, however its a tad bit front heavy. Putting some AA's in the handle might help that though.

P.S. Not Jarhead either.

#230319 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 14 May 2009 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

I like it, its very clean and the paint job is pretty sweet. The shot gun shell for the pump is pretty excellent as well, is it hard to pump the gun with that though? It just seems like a small thing to hold on to, but I do have rather large hands.

No, not at all. Its about the size of an AT2K pump handle and I usually only do one pump anyways. And I have pretty big hands too.

#230302 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Banshee on 14 May 2009 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

I was recently admiring the work of PointBlank's "Cyclops" mod and how he managed to get an Airtech 3000 tank inside a nightfinder shell. However I wasn't so pleased with the idea of removing the perfectly good internals of my nightfinder, so I came up with a way to have both guns functionally in one gun. This is a VERY similar mod however we externally mount the pump.

The first part is not pictured, but you're going to want to take your AT3K tank and strip it completely clean of all flanges and extremities.

The you're going to take the housing of your light, remove all the wires and the light, but keep the housing. cut the flange off of the bottom so it will sit flat. Attach your barrel material inside the light and glue the whole thing to the front end of the tank like so:

Posted Image

Keep in mind however that when your tank and barrel assembly are inserted your pump valve is going to need to come out the side, so plan how you glue them all together.

Then you're going to need to drill a hole in the side of the gun where your pump valve will come out of.

Posted Image

Also, you're going to want to drill out and remove all screw posts from where the light used to be so the tank can fit. Then you're going to cut out the front enough for the tank to fit through the front. Its so unfortunate that it wont fit by such a small distance.

Posted Image

Then we need to move on to the Nightfinder internals. You can do any of the basic mods you choose. I chose to attach the CPVC barrel inside the internal coupler from the plunger tube and the stock barrel like this:

Posted Image

I then put an ACE #49 spring on the plunger and put some Teflon tape underneath the o-ring for a better seal.

Posted Image

Then I filed down the barrel tip so the CPVC will fit through:

Posted Image

Now to the AT3K trigger system. For this I did a linked trigger so I can fire both shots at the same time or still have the option of cock-shoot-cock-shoot. For this I bent the tank pin in a full circle:

Posted Image

Now be VERY careful when you do this, use 2 pares of pliers, one to hold the pin and one to bend it. If you just try and bend the pin you could break the plastic on the tank and create a fatal leak.

Next we're going to drill a hole in the trigger in the rear for out new trigger wire.

Posted Image

I didn''t get a picture of it, but I used a section of wire hanger between the trigger and the firing pin and ran it underneath the original trigger.

I also drilled some holes through the trigger for some extra style points and attached the brass end of a 12 gauge Remington shot gun shell to the pump as a pump handle. Its very comfortable.

Posted Image

This photo was taken after painting it, but I've attached the pump to the left side next to the light with epoxy putty. I advise nothing less than epoxy putty. My first attempt with liquid epoxy failed to hold through a small indoor battle and hose clamps just let it slide though, so use plenty of epoxy putty.

Posted Image

Now you can put it all back together, with your AT3K internals AND your NF internals. I ran the hose underneath the front of the trigger guard, through the gap under the barrel and into the side where the tank is. I sprayed mine with a candy apple red metallic paintjob. And I give you the "Blood Finder".

Posted Image

1 Billion internetz to the person who can identify the movie on my computer in the background.

Pump side:

Posted Image

Front end:

Posted Image

Ranges are typical:

Nightifnder Average: 75'

Airtech 3000 Average: 1 Pump: 60', 2 Pumps: 80', 3 Pumps: 90'+

Questions, Comments?

#281172 ...

Posted by Banshee on 24 July 2010 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

I say use a plastic welder or even a soldering iron and melt the two ends together. Thats the only thing that I've found you can do when glues wont work.

#281190 ...

Posted by Banshee on 25 July 2010 - 12:15 AM in Modifications

Maybe you should take this opportunity to instead of fixing the gun, build something new in the gun. Integrate some new internals into it, do something crazy! I know that's not what you have in mind, but if fixing it is too much work and you don't want to waste the gun, then make something out of it!

#165212 11 Shot Magstrike

Posted by Banshee on 29 July 2008 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

So has anyone dared to completely fabricate a MS clip yet? I'd assume it'd be too much work to be worth it, but I'd like to see it be done just to float my boat...

#165219 11 Shot Magstrike

Posted by Banshee on 29 July 2008 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

So has anyone dared to completely fabricate a MS clip yet? I'd assume it'd be too much work to be worth it, but I'd like to see it be done just to float my boat...

I designed one in CAD, but haven't bothered to try.

I figured you might have. It sounds like a lot of fabrication and plastic and in the end, you might as well just buy some extra clips off someone.

#184945 2 Bbbb As 1 Gun

Posted by Banshee on 22 October 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

And follow that damn CoC to a freaking T or Groove will shove his groovy Crossbow up your funky ass.

#165780 200+ Feet? How?

Posted by Banshee on 01 August 2008 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

[quote name='ompa' date='Apr 16 2008, 08:18 PM' post='151560']
[quote name='DarkInfection' post='151554' date='Apr 16 2008, 08:50 PM']
The national geo gun is by far, the farthest shooting sniper rifle. (Thats right, I said it, even though a moderator will probably edit me.)
[/quote]

So, I guess I wasn't around way back when, when we decided that we can't use the S word... can I ask why?? And sorry for kind of jacking the thread, I'm just curious.

#165896 200+ Feet? How?

Posted by Banshee on 01 August 2008 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

It is because Nerf guns can not go far enough to be considered long range blasters. Also, Nerf is a highspeed sport, not allowing for the slow crawling and waiting often associated with snlping.

Yeah, you're right, but I think thats a little childish. I mean no disrespect to the people who for the rule, but making the word unusable seems a little strange. Oh well, I wont have any problems anyways, I use a RF20.

#258315 3 Shot Sspb

Posted by Banshee on 07 December 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Wow... I wouldn't have thought that'd actually work. Any chance you could get a video up?

#258352 3 Shot Sspb

Posted by Banshee on 07 December 2009 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I don't call bullshit ranges, I got SSPB's with cpvc barrels hitting 70 feet easily with 12 pumps. these little suckers kick. I'm using 2 of them in my next big project.

#162064 A Few Mods Of Mine

Posted by Banshee on 09 July 2008 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

Very nice, I love the black LS! However I do believe this should have been posted in the paint jobs thread?

#162074 A Few Mods Of Mine

Posted by Banshee on 09 July 2008 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

Very nice, I love the black LS! However I do believe this should have been posted in the paint jobs thread?

It's been said a million times that it's ok to make a new thread for this kind of stuff if you've done something nice. That reactor integration is totally unique and so is the nf, so it warrants its own thread.

I thought it was said that you had to have something new to offer, not just have something "nice". Otherwise, every noob would just post a new thread because they think they have something nice. But I agree that the Reactor addition is cool! So on topic, GREAT JOB!

#229391 A Modified Maverick For My Son

Posted by Banshee on 10 May 2009 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

If you replace the spring in a maverick, be VERY prepared fro it to break within a month of heavy use. The cocking pin can not handle the stress. Once it breaks, drill holes on both sides of the cocking handle where the pin used to be, run a long bolt through it and put nuts on the ends, then it'll never break again. Or you could just do the bolt thing before it breaks.

#277943 Ace 49 Spring Replacement In Nightfinder, Problems.

Posted by Banshee on 17 June 2010 - 10:45 AM in Modifications

The nitefinders I sell on eBay have 4" CPVC barrels with ACE #49's in them and they get low 70's consistently. Thats because it's all in the perfect seal and heavy lube. I take Teflon tape and wrap the plunger head about 5 or 6 times, then put the o-ring back on and it's capable of vacuum loading because of the seal.

#316114 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by Banshee on 25 May 2012 - 12:40 AM in Modifications

I've had the exact same issue you're having. I fixed it by taking a few small screws and screwing them half way into the surface of the orange part around where the coupler will go, then I put the epoxy putty on. That gives the epoxy putty a 3 dimensional shape to mold around, and you will never get the coupler back off.

#193202 Air Gun Integrations

Posted by Banshee on 01 December 2008 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

Is this an AT2K with the goo gauge still on it? If so, remove it or use a SM1.5K. Other than that there really isn't a smaller air gun other than a SSPB but that would suck pretty bad... Try sticking a nightfinder in it or something, you'd end up getting better ranges anyways.

#250068 Air Zone Quickload Power Blaster

Posted by Banshee on 10 September 2009 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

Welcome to nerf haven, here it is pretty much widely known that motorized guns suck in every way and even with modification, they still suck. You wont make it shoot farther, only faster and louder, and the way its designed means you wont be able to use the drum mag. My advice to you, don't bother. For the same price you can get a Tommy 20 which is just as loud and obnoxious but fires 20 darts. Or for the same price, you could get a Raider that has the drum mag.

Edit: Now that I look at it, the way the gun is shaped doesn't look like there is room for wheels on the sides and the clip doesn't look like there's room for wheels to hit the darts. So maybe it uses the same plunger styled system as an AEG airsoft gun or the Vulcan. Someone should get one and let us know.

#232799 Airtech 2000 Problem

Posted by Banshee on 27 May 2009 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

You may have unseated the tank o-ring which is a real pain to get back on, but its possible and a very common problem. Either way you need to open up the gun and look at the tank.

#232991 Airtech 2000 Problem

Posted by Banshee on 28 May 2009 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Sprayed a crap load of silicone spray on it, and that only helped a little bit. I'm still having trouble. When I pump I can hear air leaking from the front of the gun. Banshee, what should I do about the O-Ring? Buy a new one?

No, the firing pin inside the tank has an o-ring on the end of it that you can't get to. Sometimes if you fire it just right, the ring pops off inside the tank and it'll never hold pressure. Look inside the tank and check. If its off, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix it, If its still on, then try what everyone else said.

#163999 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by shotgun. Like multiple barrels, or multiple darts in a barrel, like pump action?

#164002 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

okay, well how many darts are you looking to fire?

#253651 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 16 October 2009 - 12:53 AM in Modifications

Beautiful work there dude! Like seriously. Thats the kinda shit I'm into, milking a gun for all its worth! Two things I think you left out though, how does the auto advance operate with a new pump, and what did you do for the seal from the tank to the turret now that there are 1/2" holes in the back?

You need to give it a sick paintjob though! And how's your dart fit in the PETG? My 3K is just like CXWQ's and the darts nearly fall out because the fit is so loose and I'm using modded streamlines. I want a tighter fit without going to brass.

P.S. I would so do this to one of my 3k's, but all the materials to do it are up on eBay right now. DAMN.

#162803 Airtech 3000 Single Cpvc Barrel?

Posted by Banshee on 14 July 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

I personally haven't done this because thats the whole thing that separates and AT3k from a 2K. The auto advancing 6 round turret. Theoretically you should get the same ranges seeing as the air tank is the exact same in both guns However, I can't personally vouch for either way. Me personally, I wouldn't do it because that defeats the point of the 3k, but I know people have done it and are happy with it, so by all means GO FOR IT! Then let us know how it went.

#185960 Angel Breech (or Any Ls Or Recon Breech)

Posted by Banshee on 27 October 2008 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Never mind, you fixed it.

#162624 Another Recon Problem

Posted by Banshee on 13 July 2008 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Hmm. Well I'd really like to see pics or better yet a video so we can see what is happening cuz I didn't really get half of what you just said.

#163623 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by Banshee on 21 July 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Great job! Those things are BEASTS! Are they easy to use as a pair?

#125986 Are These Good Guns? Can I Mod Them For Stefans?

Posted by Banshee on 12 October 2007 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Without using the directory your answer is no. that gun is about as good as the maverick and wont get and better. It can be modded to shoot steffans, but don't get it as a primary, it may do fine as a sidearm depending on your style. But for 5 bucks, get it. but the airtechs are better.

#165005 Assault Magstrike

Posted by Banshee on 28 July 2008 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Okay, so did anyone explain the big pipe thing coming off the top of the plunger? I've read the whole thing and I still don't understand the point of it? What does it do?

On a Magstrike the piston fills itself with air; then it when the piston reaches the end of it's stroke, it releases that air into the barrel. I just gave it more space to fill with air. Thus more air goes out the barrel per shot.

I noticed that when holding down the trigger the first shot is the weakest, and as more shots are fired they go farther. Anybody got any ideas as to why it does that?

Really!? Thats very interesting. Is the massive ranges you get because of the barrels or the tank thing. I'd like those kinds of ranges but i don't have the patients to do both, so what do you think increases the air the most?

#164995 Assault Magstrike

Posted by Banshee on 28 July 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Okay, so did anyone explain the big pipe thing coming off the top of the plunger? I've read the whole thing and I still don't understand the point of it? What does it do?

#191293 At2k Help

Posted by Banshee on 22 November 2008 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

DO NOT CUT IT OPEN!!! Trust me, thats a last resort... I've done this same fix about 4 times and I just used a paper clip to fish out the seal, then held it in place while I pushed it back on. Sometimes its a little frustrating, but I've done it in about 5 minutes... Try it at least before you do something you don't have to...