Photo

Air Zone Quickload Power Blaster

Electronic flywheel powered dart slinger?

4 replies to this topic

#1 yoruai

yoruai

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

Hard to see but it appears to be powered the same way hot wheels race tracks shoot cars around. I think a bit of electrical tinkering to increase the power thus, the RPM's of the flywheels could make this quite a dangerous weapon. It could be a good reason to ban electronic assisted firing in some competitions. Especially if you figured a way to run a belt through it or that new drum clip. In any case it should be a fun one to mod and at only $19.99 (TRU exclusive).

Edited by yoruai, 10 September 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#2 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

Welcome to nerf haven, here it is pretty much widely known that motorized guns suck in every way and even with modification, they still suck. You wont make it shoot farther, only faster and louder, and the way its designed means you wont be able to use the drum mag. My advice to you, don't bother. For the same price you can get a Tommy 20 which is just as loud and obnoxious but fires 20 darts. Or for the same price, you could get a Raider that has the drum mag.

Edit: Now that I look at it, the way the gun is shaped doesn't look like there is room for wheels on the sides and the clip doesn't look like there's room for wheels to hit the darts. So maybe it uses the same plunger styled system as an AEG airsoft gun or the Vulcan. Someone should get one and let us know.

Edited by Banshee, 10 September 2009 - 05:10 PM.

Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#3 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

I think the wheels are in the clear parts.
I have seen one before, but didn't want to waste my money on it.
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#4 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

I, like flamingeyes, have indeed seen this before. Flaming is correct, the flywheels are located inside those clear plastic bulges. If i remember it correctly (I only saw it once, long ago), I imagine it functions much in the same way the Mech Tommy 20 does, where the trigger pull pushes the dart into the grasp of the flywheels.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 wasdf

wasdf

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

This gun came up in a general Nerf thread last October. People said it didn't have much potential whatsoever.
For a battle cry you gotta scream out "Feel the awesome power of my balls!"
~Chadpuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users