Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 16-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#270268 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

This is an amazing mod, I love the secondary inside a secondary thing going on here. But one quick question, which gun inside the NF is the "Primary"?

Well, that might be an opinion question, but I'd say the Nite Finder because its the most powerful.. For me, in a battle I use my side arm more than my primary because my primary generally shoots really far and has a slow reload time, so as I reload I hold people off with my medium range gun with a decent rate of fire, which would be the 3k. But not everyone would use the gun like I would.

#270258 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

As I stated earlier:

I wrapped electrical tape in the front and back of the plunger. It doesn't need much to hold it in, just as long as it doesn't fall out the front, but its rock solid.

#270243 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2010 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Very cool gun, but why didn't you just keep the airtech 3000 turret?

Because you can't auto advance the 3k turret outside of the gun, and you wont be able to manually rotate it efficiently because it isn't on the spring loaded gear like the 2k turret is meanign I'd have to hold it in place every round and it wouldn't have a very good seal. And it wouldn't have fit even if I wanted it to. The pump gets in the way.

#270313 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

There is to be no selling or advertising of sales outside of the trading section.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a rule. And even so, does it apply when I'm simply mentioning the fact that its for sale at the end of an enormous write up? Personally I would say no. It's when I post only the sale in the Modifications section that I see a problem. I'm not arguing with anyone here, I'm just trying to clarify the situation.

#270289 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

I have a noobish question. The plunger tube in the nitefinder, (which is 1 inch petg) is it from a pet store? Or am I totally wrong.

Thanks before hand, street slick.

I said in the beginning of the write up that its 1" PETG from Pet Smart.

#270334 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Banshee on 25 March 2010 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but the plunger head doesn't reach the coupler? isn't your plunger rod destroying the back of your gun right now?

Nope, I put just enough play in the spring that after its fired there's about a centimeter between the back of the plunger rod and the shell. This will increase the life of the gun a lot because plastic never impacts plastic. Its also pretty quiet, the loudest noise the gun makes is the dart leaving barrel.

#191408 The E-tape 5k

Posted by Banshee on 23 November 2008 - 12:10 PM in Modifications

Oh god, thats going to make a mess.... In under a month you're going to have a blob of black stick goo and your gun will be trashed... My advice, take off the tape or never use it...

#180849 Give Nerfers Some Respect

Posted by Banshee on 01 October 2008 - 06:10 PM in General Nerf

The reason I Nerf is because I find it fun to turn a seemingly harmless child's toy into a riot control weapon. If a person can't see the genius that and think paintball is better, well then they're very small-minded. I shot a kid at point-blank once with a singled AT2K and left a welt, from then on he never talked crap about Nerfers. That's what he got for claiming "Nerf don't hurt."

#163159 Steampunk Rfr

Posted by Banshee on 17 July 2008 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Thats amazing my friend.... WOW. I love the shell idea, you should do a write up on just how to paint the shells and darts...

#219725 Frostbite

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2009 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

Wait, so the smdtb trigger fires the hornet tanks and the keyring fires the AT3K, so whats the MS trigger fire? all of them? I don't understand the drawing completely.

#289343 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Banshee on 29 November 2010 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Nerf isn't about sharp shooting. If that's what you want to do, play airsoft. Nerf is about running around and jumping around corners at close range and shooting people's bodies (not heads). That's why Nerf guns that aren't manual powered (cocking or pumping) or have ranges of well over 100 feet are generally extremely erotic because they defeat the purpose of nerfing.

And I assume you can't extent the stock because when you cock it, the stock collapses? That's what the stock-lock mod is for, open it up and stick some PVC in there to keep it from closing. It'll be (somewhat) permanently extended, but it's better that way anyways.

#219735 Frostbite

Posted by Banshee on 24 March 2009 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

Wait, so the smdtb trigger fires the hornet tanks and the keyring fires the AT3K, so whats the MS trigger fire? all of them? I don't understand the drawing completely.

The MS trigger controls when air is released from the bladder into the tanks. I can get off multiple shots without pumping that way.

It's what I tried to do with The Dragon, except I didn't add a release valve so it didn't work as I had planned.

Cooooooooool.... I always wanted to use a bladder like that in like an AT2K, but I couldn't part with one of my still working bladder guns.

#230885 The Soulreaper

Posted by Banshee on 17 May 2009 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Would you be willing to start selling these pre-assembled ready for installation? How much would I expect to pay for something like that?

#161050 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by Banshee on 30 June 2008 - 10:17 PM in Modifications

Just out of curiosity how long did it take u to do this mod.

Oh for the love of god! Read the damn CoC, this post is 3 months OLD. And to ask a pointless question like that! It probably took him an entire day.

#181350 Bbb Mod Write Up

Posted by Banshee on 03 October 2008 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

one of you said that you need the air restrictor for a plunger and then so you dont ned to open the gun up right

Oh god you're getting banned... You broke nearly every rule in a single post.... Damn dude...

#196845 Pistol Tommy 20 Mod (no Writeup)

Posted by Banshee on 17 December 2008 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

It wasn't necroed from its recent "bringing up", a little old yes, but it was only like 2 weeks old.

#159505 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Banshee on 17 June 2008 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

Hi guys, since some of you may know, I am sadly leaving nerf, so I never got around to finishing this. I'd love to see someone continue from where I left off. Who knows, you might see me back some day.

Can I have your guns then? Haha, seriously.

#181085 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by Banshee on 02 October 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Oh give me a break... Come one guys! There is nothing wrong with this. The LS is probably the most popular Nerf gun and 90% of us have one with a paint job or mod of some sort. Yes I understand that the Xbow is "legendary" and deserves its own thread, but there are SO many different things you can do to a Longshot I feel it deserves its own thread just to show off these things. Yes we have the paint job thread, but how many guns in there are Longshots? Almost every other one is a longshot. Whats the big deal? How is it an insult to Haven? You guys are being so ridiculous about it. The thread is harmless, the least you could do is post nothing. Why are you flaming him!?

And nightfinder... You dumbass, you can't jump start a thread as big as you expect this to be with no freaking starting pictures. What you should've done is waited, or get a picture of someone else's (with permission) just so we have something. With what you posted, you're in the same league with the little shits who shove random fucking markers in their BBB and tell us about it. Think ahead next time.

I was gona start a topic like this myself, but I knew everyone would flip out because everyone and their mother has a Longshot.... Which is exactly why there should be a thread for them.

Nightfinder, I got your back. I don't feel that this thread in its current state is worth pinning, but we should have one for Longshots. I hereby second the act of the Official "Show Off Your Longshot" Thread.

-Banshee

#225191 The Cyclops

Posted by Banshee on 22 April 2009 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

That's sweet... If it was mine, I'd put a light spring in the pump to pull the cocking/pump handle back in to place every time. I don't know why, I just think that'd be a convenient addition.

Interesting thing to consider, it would be nice to make the pump motion easier.

What I was thinking is instead of "pumping" it, you'd be theoretically cocking it 3 times. Personally, I think it would make it a lot faster.

#225140 The Cyclops

Posted by Banshee on 22 April 2009 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

That's sweet... If it was mine, I'd put a light spring in the pump to pull the cocking/pump handle back in to place every time. I don't know why, I just think that'd be a convenient addition.

#190176 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Banshee on 16 November 2008 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

100 feet? Is this singled or turreted?? My singled gets about 100ft flat and my turreted gets about 80ft.

READ his is singled

Don't be a chode...

Yeah singled, no pump plugged, and a 4 inch PETG barrel. As you can see with a longer barrel, and a plugged pump you could get significantly better ranges.

Well I'd like to hear some ranges of one withe a good barrel on it and a plugged pump.

#190118 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Banshee on 16 November 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

100 feet? Is this singled or turreted?? My singled gets about 100ft flat and my turreted gets about 80ft.

#190192 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Banshee on 16 November 2008 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

Well I'd like to hear some ranges of one withe a good barrel on it and a plugged pump.

I don't recommend plugging that pump. Too much power with a plugged pump is not good. What do you mean by good barrel? Like brass?

Well, brass is probably the best barrel material, but a long piece of tight CPVC should do.

#189208 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by Banshee on 11 November 2008 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

Does it really increase the range because we've tried goo gauge expansions with failure. Does this actually do anything? Hurry up with ranges. Haha.

#170992 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 20 August 2008 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Dude. Thats sick. I've wanted to make something like that for a Longshot. You've inspired me.. *Tears*.

#181503 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Banshee on 04 October 2008 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

When I first saw that thing, my first thought was to fire it at long range out of a small spud gun. Probably too dangerous for a Nerf war, but the concept of a Nerf firing mortar is AWESOME. I had an idea once to make a trip line type claymore using a titan with a huge shotgun barrel, but I never got around to it.

#183121 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Banshee on 11 October 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

My favorite sidearm is the N-strike night finder. I like this gun because it's super simple to mod and mine maxes out at about 90ft but I don't have exact ranges. What I mean by it's super simple to mod is that all I did was replace the barrel and add rubber bands. I love this gun!!!

EDIT:I got a max range of 89 ft (with a perfect stremline) and a low of 45 ft (with a bad stefan).

Really.... So tell us exactly what you did to it to get that high of range?

#180903 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Banshee on 01 October 2008 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Okay, well this is my primary: Rapid Fire 20
Posted Image
Name: None
Mods: Banded Bladder, Crayola barrels, Locked on fully auto.
Range: 40-50ft
Description: This is probably my favorite gun. I love the way it looks with the silver, flat black, and red.

This is my secondary: Airtech 2000
Posted Image
Mods: AR removal, Barrel mod, plugged pump
Range: 90-120ft
Description: I painted it a nice flat brown and added a fore grip to it. Its my 3rd farthest shooting gun, but I use it more because it has a much better rate of fire than a converted water gun. Its range greatly depends on what dart you use.

This is my sidearm: Nightfinder EX-3
Posted Image
Mods: AR removal, Crayola barrel mod, #49 spring nested with a DS spring, silenced, laser pointer sight, reinforced catch, double o-ring, taped plunger
Range: 90-100+(with a good dart on a hot day)
Description: This gun is a BITCH to cock. I don't recommend putting such powerful springs in it without serious reinforcements to the gun. Its not as accurate as I'd like it to be but it stings when you get hit. And the chrome barrel tip is a shower curtain rod I took out during a renovation.

All my guns use converted dart tag darts and I never bullshit about my ranges. I don't have any proof of them, but I have absolutely no reason to lie about them. I don't need to impress a bunch of people on the internet that I'll never meet with a bullshit story about a plastic toy. So don't accuse me of lying. I live in Arizona, its good elevation and very hot... darts FLY...

And those are my guns!

#183382 Night Finder 3 In 1

Posted by Banshee on 12 October 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Wow... absolutely gorgeous. Thats how a real man combines his guns! I was thinking you should attach one of those new Tek Six's underneath it Longshot style for a 6 round shotgun style backup. That sounds like my kind of gun... There are a few things that have been preventing me from making one of these myself:

1.How sturdy is the plunger once cocked? It looks like it could snap seeing as it sticks so far out the back of the gun.

2. What are the odds of the plunger rod coming disconnected at the attached points. I haven't heard of one breaking yet, but for only glue and nails, I'm a little afraid to do it. Would you recommend custom making on out of aluminum?

3. Compared to another springer, how hard is it to cock?

-Banshee

#176790 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by Banshee on 11 September 2008 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

This is without doubt the best LS writeup since FA's. Great job, I finally understand the breach. However I'm a little concerned about attaching the slide the way you did, it looks like the plastic part might snap off the brass. and I have a quick question, what kind of silver paint do you use, because I use the Krylon Fusion stuff and its whore shit.

#163735 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Banshee on 22 July 2008 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

I can't wait to see Forsaken Angel take a crack at one of these! So can you tell us how it is out of the box? RoF, range? And how is it now? How heavy is it?

#163756 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Banshee on 22 July 2008 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

#163759 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Banshee on 22 July 2008 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

It says on the outside of the box 3 shots a second.

Oh my god, that's fast! does it really shoot that fast or is it their usual overestimation?

#163815 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

Speaking of electronics, when I get one, I plan on running it off of a 9.6 volt remote control car battery. It'll be a higher current meaning faster motors. Of course I'd have to do some minor circuit rewiring and probably install a heat sink or two so it wont overheat. The battery will also be a hell of a lot lighter that 6 batteries. Just my thoughts though.

#160951 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Banshee on 29 June 2008 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

Honestly, it sounds like we've given him his fair warnings. He probably just doesn't care or he's too stupid to find his inbox. Either way I think banning his ass sounds good, tell him why and then boot him, You all know he'll just come back. At least by that time he might have some sense. I'm so fucking tired of these old threads popping up. How many times has it happened in the past week? Like 10! We need to do something about it!

#160958 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Banshee on 30 June 2008 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

Sorry about the double post, My computer posted twice.

#161043 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Banshee on 30 June 2008 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Not that this has to do with the old topic but banshee how did your computer post twice within that huge time period?

11:54 to 1:27 so almost an hour and a half...

I had posted the message and it wasn't loading right so I left it alone. I then watched a movie and came back to find that the page had timed out and told me and and "error had occurred". So I hit back and hit the post button again to find that it had already posted it. Thats how it happened. Technically I did it, but its my stupid computers fault.

Now that thats settled, back to topic.

#195568 Longshot Mod

Posted by Banshee on 11 December 2008 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Bamblack you dumbass I don't know what fucking english your talking about he only missed a damn capital you fucktart and we were warning him.

This topic has been necroed a dozen times. And now you two are gona start a fight or something!? What the hell, stop posting continuously in a necroed thread. A "Hey, dumbass noob, go read the CoC." is all that needs to be posted.

#160719 Longshot Mod

Posted by Banshee on 27 June 2008 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

Okay dude. This topic is OLD! Read the fucking CoC!!! WELCOME TO HAVEN!!!

#125287 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

I would have to say if you're going to put in a new spring of any sort into the maverick, you'll need to reinforce the cocking pin. Everyone knows how fragile the little sucker is. I recommend as a mod and a repair, take a 2 inch x 1/8th inch bolt, drill holes in the 2 places where the stock pin is and drive the bolt strait through and out the other side of the cocker. tighten the nut on and hack the extra bolt off the new pin. Then you'll be able to put a much stronger spring in with no worries!!!