Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 14-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#239702 I Need Help

Posted by Banshee on 01 July 2009 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

Why'd you open it? Unless you had an idea of what you're going to do to it, you shouldn't have opened it. The best mods can be done without opening it. And "iNerf" Seriously? What do you have to suck Steve Jobs dick for? No offense... Haha.

#264768 Too Many Topics Are Being Closed

Posted by Banshee on 08 February 2010 - 11:58 PM in Site Feedback

I've been noticing a lot lately that a lot of new topics started, mostly by new members, are being closed simply because they ask a stupid question. Half the time the question isn't that stupid, its just not interesting. I don't find that as a good excuse to close a thread.

Threads that obviously break our rules and are targeted at with flamming or trolling are understandable. However we are having people asking simple questions with simple answers that they don't get because the topic was "boring" and in turn closed indefinitely.

It appears to me as though some of us have lost sight in what we at Nerf Haven are here to do. We are here to share our knowledge with others and help those of us who don't understand get a better handle on the concepts so we can all gain from each other. Most new members are automatically shunned because we don't bother to help them because they are new. We were all new at one point, and we didn't get where we are by having every one of our topics closed.

There are many reasons to close topics, but I'm seeing many topics here and there being closed for no good reason. All I'm asking is that we try to put a little effort and consideration into what topics we close and stop deciding after the first post that it will go nowhere when it might. Just give the topics a chance, if the topic turns bad, goes off topic, is redundant, spam, trolling, then go right ahead and close it, but if it has a question that hasn't been answered previously that can't be found in a simple search, then let the topic go on.

Thank you for reading,
Banshee

#183601 Ballzooka

Posted by Banshee on 14 October 2008 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

People usually erotically massage idea threads here just so you know. Also, I assume you're NOT talking about the motorized ballzooka because that has no potential at all. However the old school ballzooka may possible be modded the same way and arrowstorm is. Barrel replacement and and pump away.

#274907 Magstrike Clip Problem.

Posted by Banshee on 16 May 2010 - 01:31 AM in Modifications

Remove the no-clip safety mechanism and you should be good to go.

#261060 Glue On The Nitefinder Plunger Tube

Posted by Banshee on 07 January 2010 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Try xylene. Its as strong as acetone if not stronger but is safe on plastics... most plastics. You can get it at hardware stores.

#259620 Nite Finder - Closing The Gap On A Minimized Shell

Posted by Banshee on 23 December 2009 - 12:49 AM in Modifications

I didn't find anywhere if you mentioned the price of the plastic sheets. How much are they and how big do they come?

#253179 Is This Ok?

Posted by Banshee on 10 October 2009 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

You will have to add a stronger catch spring if you do so, otherwise it wont catch at all. Just steal one from a pen.

#243479 Double Maverick

Posted by Banshee on 24 July 2009 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

Can you show us a picture of the trigger mechanism and maybe how it works?

#258641 Specific Nightfinder Question

Posted by Banshee on 11 December 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm so lost. I get where you talking about, but I don't get why there's metal there. And if so, whats the need to cover it up? Either way, epoxy putty is obviously the choice around here. Its like 4 bucks a tube at walmart.

#229073 How Do I Mod A Water Warriors Pressure Equalizer

Posted by Banshee on 08 May 2009 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

Check out my mod for the MAX D 2000 in the directory at the bottom. If you can get the gun open, the process should be very similar. But don't mount the barrel to the outside, the air output is too small from that little hole.

#177986 My Longshot Mod

Posted by Banshee on 17 September 2008 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

The mod's pretty much worthless anyways! I mean I'm all for posting mod's that have been done, but come one people, add a little something for us, don't waste our time. Maybe if it had some pictures and you didn't have the S word in your user name I'd be in a better mood. But you need to totally redo you "mod".

#293674 Eagle Eye Cpvc Breech

Posted by Banshee on 01 February 2011 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

This is the first decent writeup for anything I've seen in months. Keep it coming man!

#162430 Ls Help Plz?

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2008 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

well i say epoxy it and wrap it in e-tape or duct tape. If you can get a new one or do that, get a large piece of PETG to slide over it to keep it from breaking more.

#164002 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

okay, well how many darts are you looking to fire?

#278694 Dt3 Mod For N00bz

Posted by Banshee on 27 June 2010 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

Nice writeup. I love the DT3.

Thank you. I love the DT3 too that is why I did this mod.

Ah, wonderful words of true wisdom...

#163999 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by shotgun. Like multiple barrels, or multiple darts in a barrel, like pump action?

#312428 Help Identifying Nerf Type Blaster

Posted by Banshee on 04 March 2012 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so I picked up a pair of these at a Goodwill this morning. They were in great shape, and I could tell they were powered off an air tank. But I have no idea what they are and I've never seen them before in my life. I got home and Googled everything that's printed on the gun with no luck at all. They're made by a company called Yes! Entertainment Corporation. I did a little research on them and found that they were only in business from 1992 to 1998, and they were pretty low key. They shut their doors in 98' and this gun was made in 97'. So I have a feeling that there are not very many of these guns out there. And I have two!

Posted Image

Posted Image

It appears to fire some sort of ball, maybe about the size of a ping-pong ball. It operates by loading a ball into the 2-round pivoting cylinder, then you crank the ratchet on top which drives a rod forward pushing the ball into the barrel. For the next shot, you just push the cylinder over and do it again. Pretty neat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

But the neatest part it how it pumps! The handle comes out the back with a pretty long draw, and you push it forward. The trigger is super beefy too!

Posted Image

I opened it up to see whats inside, and its pretty simple. It looks like the air tank is about the size of a mega missile tank, probably bigger. But the hole where the air come out is nearly 1/2 an inch in diameter!!! Its the largest hole in any air tank I've seen! With a pump as long and skinny as this one with a hole that large, I imagine this gun could get scary ranges with an RSCB or a hopper. Combined with its unique pump location, it could fire off round pretty fast too!

Posted Image

Now my question is, because to my knowledge, this gun is so rare, is it worth anything? I would hate to go ahead and modify one or both of these to find out that they're the last of their kind. Has anyone seen these before? Does anyone know if they're collectible? If not, they're going to make awesome primaries! And if any of you are interested in these before I go and mod them, just PM me, this isn't the sales thread.

#312435 Help Identifying Nerf Type Blaster

Posted by Banshee on 04 March 2012 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for your help guys! Between the 2 guns, I have 3 of the shells, so I bet that raises any resale value a bit. Does anyone have a ballpark of what these things are worth?

#301174 Octo-shot turret

Posted by Banshee on 08 July 2011 - 03:01 AM in Modifications

Just out of curiosity, what turret are you using for this, Ice?

#295828 Spring Problems On A Diskshot Project.

Posted by Banshee on 11 March 2011 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Take a washer thats bigger than the spring, but smaller than the plunger rod (if possible), take the plunger head and the spring off, put it before the catch on the plunger rod, then reassemble. The washer should be on the plunger tube side of the barrier, not the catch side, but that should take care of it as long as the inner diameter of the washer is smaller than the diameter of the spring.

#276129 Nite Finder Help

Posted by Banshee on 26 May 2010 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

No, we just like replacing barrels for shits and giggles... Yes, it improves ranges if you do its right. Crayola barrels are noob proof, but I recommend Roseart markers instead. They're cheaper and they don't need to be drilled out inside. CPVC confuses new modders because its very tight on darts and people think they're doing it wrong. Either one need no structural modifications to the gun.

#266674 Magazine Springs/ New Longshot Magazine

Posted by Banshee on 23 February 2010 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I know at Ace they have some really soft springs and you could make a clip like the one the Rapid Fire Rifle uses. I don't know if you've ever opened one, but they have one really soft spring in them.

#268043 Magstrike Co2 Mod

Posted by Banshee on 04 March 2010 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Also keep in mind this will cost quite a bit of money, so you better be a very serious nerfer... or a rich one.

#237568 Hornet Madness

Posted by Banshee on 20 June 2009 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Unless you are a pretty good modder, I wouldn't even bother fixing it. The hornet is pretty hard gun to mod, even fir experienced modders. The end result won't even be worth it. You bought it at a garage sale, so it probably wasn't more than $5. If I were you I would scrap it. It has tons of parts.
If you really want to fix it, I would submerge the internals in water and pump it and see if bubbles come. If so, then goop up the spot.

Submerging is a good idea, but its not always a good idea to put the pump itself underwater because then you start pumping water through the lines and into the tanks and it makes a mess and you'll get water vapor every time you fire. It looks kinda cool, but it soaks everything. Just a tip.

#162624 Another Recon Problem

Posted by Banshee on 13 July 2008 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Hmm. Well I'd really like to see pics or better yet a video so we can see what is happening cuz I didn't really get half of what you just said.

#163133 Nf Help

Posted by Banshee on 17 July 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

If the barrel isn't glued in, then you may have disconnected the barrel from the plunger so you're hardly getting any air. If not, then I'd say the combination of problems equals the fact that your NF is fucked. Buy a new one.

#160565 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 26 June 2008 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

Yeah, we all seem to think a like. If i was going to scrap it, I'd use the barrels, plungers, springs, and the stock for other random stuff. But I haven't touched it yet just in case someone happens to show me how to fix it. If it shoots more than 4 feet I'll keep it. :D

Jwasko, if you can get me pics that'd be great!

#160467 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 26 June 2008 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

Ok. This happened to me a while ago and now I truly appreciate the numerous warnings that the DS sucked major balls. My Doubleshot was also not shooting anything. By some miracle of God I somehow put it back together and fit everything back in. And I still had the same problem. Throw it away, give to some 5 year old who thinks its a cool gun, but a rubber plunger on the front and use it to unclog toilets, etc. and then go buy a titan and triple shot it. It gets better ranges and it shoots three shots instead of two.

I enjoy good humor. Hahaha. but I got it at good will so I was like eh, what the heck. I also got a SM3000 (lucky find) but the DS sucks balls. Oh well. I'll use it as a back scratcher.

#159462 What Gun Has Potential.

Posted by Banshee on 17 June 2008 - 12:51 AM in General Nerf

Well if you look at how many things you could do to the gun, I'd say the Nightfinder. But if you're looking for the most radical changes during modification, I'd say an Airtech 2000 or something close.

#160449 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 25 June 2008 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I was going to open up my DoubleShot to see why it didn't fire. (It would break it open all the way load the shells, latch it and fire but it always made a tiny ping sound and no dart went ANYWHERE.) So I took all the screws out and when I opened the casing parts flew EVERYWHERE. So Now I got some of it in but I'm a little puzzled as to how they go in. No one in the mod directory has taken internal pictures, so I'm lost.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to put it back together and fix my problem, or better yet show me some pictures of the inside correctly put together. (With multiple angles because there is 2 layers to the internals.) Anything helps!

Thanks guys!

#163710 Magstrike Clip Mod For A Magstrike Clip And Gun Mod

Posted by Banshee on 22 July 2008 - 02:58 PM in Modifications

Hmm, well I like the concept of your idea. It seems like you want to make it so the MS clip stays in the gun pretty much all the tame and instead of swapping clips, you swap sets of barrels that are glued together. My guess would be that it could very well work, however the mag will be too heavy and it'll skip a lot or not move at all. Also, you lose compression from the gun to the mag, and if you were to put a new clip into the mag you'd lose even more. So if you were to somehow manage to get the mags to work right, the ranges wont look to good...

#181508 Dart Tag Nightfinder's?

Posted by Banshee on 04 October 2008 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

I've only seen these guns sold as an extra value item with the DTG sets and they are nightfinders with different paint jobs. They weren't on shelves for very long at all though.

#158602 Longshot Problem

Posted by Banshee on 09 June 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I did this once too. I literally had the entire plunger rotated 180 degrees inside. Don't ask how i managed that one, but it wouldn't work very well. Also I'm not a fan of using aftermarket springs in guns because they can weaken or damage parts. You may be having some of these issues due to the extra spring.

#227023 Ghetto Magstrike Overhaul

Posted by Banshee on 28 April 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

You posted something that's already been done, you didn't even have pictures, and this mod doesn't even work unless you plug the OPV. And you called your mod an "overhaul"? Not in any way was that an overhaul much less a modification at all. I'm not trying to be mean here, but unoriginal work on this site is completely useless.

#256663 Coupler For A Crayola Barrel?

Posted by Banshee on 17 November 2009 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

Wrap it in e-tape and use whatever you want as a coupler really. And marker barrels are slightly cone shaped and have a looser fit towards the end.

#208522 Silent Longshot

Posted by Banshee on 01 February 2009 - 01:38 AM in Modifications

If you can't open up your guns in your own house, you should consider a new hobby, man...

#259152 Shell Shock.... Sticking Slide...

Posted by Banshee on 16 December 2009 - 08:19 AM in Modifications

What gun are you talking about. The PAS

Where did you get that idea?

Anyways, try taking most if not all the internals out of the gun so its just the shell and install the slide on it and try cocking it. If it moves then everyone here is right and you reassembled it wrong. If not, then we can assume the paint is holding it. In which case give it several days to completely dry and try it. If it still doesn't work then sand off the paint underneath the slide.

#206492 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by Banshee on 25 January 2009 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I'll try it. Thanks, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Q-tips right? Haha. I don't know much about Big Salvo's But I didn't even open it up, I just stuck 10" CPVC barrels down each existing barrel with some e-tape on each and I'm getting about 110'-120' ranges level. Is it supposed to be that awesome?

Without a plugged pump? It seems a little unlikely to me, but who knows? Maybe you have an exceptionally powerful one.

Yeah I think so, I've heard that the OP valve on it kicks in at around 15 pumps, mine does at 22 pumps.

#206365 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by Banshee on 25 January 2009 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I'll try it. Thanks, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Q-tips right? Haha. I don't know much about Big Salvo's But I didn't even open it up, I just stuck 10" CPVC barrels down each existing barrel with some e-tape on each and I'm getting about 110'-120' ranges level. Is it supposed to be that awesome?

#275480 My Firefly Won't Fire

Posted by Banshee on 21 May 2010 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

Try resizing you pictures. The solution is simple, the firefly isn't powerful enough for CPVC barrels. The dart fit is too tight and the gun doesn't put out enough pressure. Improving the seal and a new or extra spring would help. Or you could try another barrel material. I had one once, I put brass in it and I think a nitefinder spring, but I don't remember. I do remember it helping a bit, but didn't make the gun worth keeping, obviously.