GeneralPrimevil's Content

There have been 568 items by GeneralPrimevil (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#30683 Nerf P90

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 08 July 2004 - 08:50 AM in Homemades

I was just going to say that. I use styrofoam as a filler in most of my projects. If you cover it with the cardboard from cereal boxes (designs and crap pointing toward the styrofoam), then it can be spraypainted without melting anything.

Instead of having dual solenoids, try to make one with a solenoid/hose handle and a ball valve. That's how I would/will make one of the Vintage P90s. I f you can though, use a trigger style hose handle. I think they are better than the rear levered ones. Try looking in Meijer's gardening section. I always find them there.

#30631 Bmx?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 July 2004 - 09:56 PM in Off Topic

Technically its bicycle moto cross, not motor. But still, wher do they get it from?

I use to do some illegal racing on a BMX. It was the Schwinn SX2000. Mine weighed 13 lbs. Used it till the chain snapped, have yet to replace it. Now I do the smae races, only different class, with a mountain bike. Specialized Hardrock Comp. Max speed I've ever achieved on a bike was with that one. 37 mph on a flat road, tired me out so much after that time that I didn't do anything for the next day.

#30627 Boo Fucking Hoo

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 July 2004 - 09:51 PM in Off Topic

Well there are two major arteries located just after skin depth in the neck.

#30625 Nerf P90

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 July 2004 - 09:49 PM in Homemades

Very nice job. Two wings up.

I love the first design: the one that's made. If you don't mind, I will be making one close to it, but not the same. It will be semiautoish, using a ballvalve as the second hose handle. That way, it would be small, yet have a fast ROF, a militiaman's dream. ;) I also would have the top rail lower, even though it takes a bit away from the realism.

#30622 Actual Silencer?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 July 2004 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

Good thing you put that last part in on the bottom, cause the rest was BS. ^_^

Anyhow,

Maybe he should try hundreds of minute holes with the smallest drill bit he's got, and then not wrap it with foam insulation/layers.

Definetly good idea. I stuck a muzzle brake (very similar to what was mentioned, only bigger holes [3/8"], and three slits mounted in a triangular fasion, all of which were 1/4" by 1/2") on the end of my supersoaker barrel, took about half the decibels off. Then again, the barrel is 15/32" leading to 17/32", followed by a connector that is 5/8", which finally leads to the 3/4" PVC ported muzzle brake, which means air may have escaped somewhere in there, although I highly doubt it cause my darts expand to the diameter of the barrel. By the way, those were all the ID of the things mentioned.

#30618 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 July 2004 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

To make a dart that will expand to fit the barrel isn't that hard. Essentially, all that one has to do is melt away the inside of the dart starting at the back going forward, making the carve in an inverted cone shape. If done, there are two pluses to doing this: increased surface area at contact point with pressurized air and expansion of dart to fit the inside of the barrel. When I did this with a non-rifled barrel on my supersoaker, I noticed increase range with darts like this compared to darts of the same weight with the foam intact.

#29872 Powerclippin Problems

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 29 June 2004 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

If you look at the clip on your PC, you will notice groovish-type-things. The little black pieces use those grooves to keep the clip up. You might be able to use electrical tape and make the action friction-operated?

#29868 Powerclippin Problems

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 29 June 2004 - 10:25 AM in Modifications

Yeah, my friend had that problem. If you open the gun up, you will notice that on one side of where the clip is there is this black piece; it is very small. On the other side, there won't be. Since there is only one of those, the clip won't stay up. The onnly way to fix it is to get another black piece from another PC. Two weren't put in for some assembly line are, cause some of the earlier ones had two, others didn't. Nerf should recall all of the first year PCs so that no one else will have to worry about that. Here's a pic; it's on the upper right corner:
Posted Image
Props to Yakman for having a great mod site :P
Oh yeah, you're welcome in advance if it helps you any.

#29854 Laser Sniper?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 29 June 2004 - 07:05 AM in Modifications

Interesting. 6,000 candlepower? That should accomplish the "deer in the headlights" effect.

While we're on "real steel for Nerf", anyone who wants to fork out the bucks for this should. It has a cross-draw holster that should fit a NF, cause they show a Glock 18/19/34...one of those. It also has two pockets for shotshells, which could hold Stefans nicely.

Or, for you PC fans, this one is the same as above, but instead of a holster, it has two M16 30 rd. mag pouches. A PC clip could be jammed in there. Perhaps, though, someone should make a few of these in their home, only better suited to Nerf, then sell them for less. Volunteers?

#29794 Laser Sniper?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Good luck finding a few. If you go to this Aisroft website, under Accessories, Mount & Rings: Mount Base. On the very top there are a few rails of various sizes. Those I know can be attached by screws alone. They even come with the screws, which are hex head by the way. With a few of those attached to a XBow, one could have foregrips, lasers, flashlights, reddots, scopes, folding sights, carry handles, and can't forget to mention the bipods. If you do order anything from that website, the shipping is enough to turn you down. Since they ship all orders from Japan, order alot of stuff so that the shipping is worth it.

#29792 More Spray Painting Ideas

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

Hmm...Depending on the results I may have to pick up a few (dozen) cans of various colors.

#29788 Laser Sniper?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

It's range is averaged at 35 feet flat. The accurate range, however, is at a maximum of 15 feet. That's what I meant.

Terminator, those are the real deals there. They work great. I prefer the G&P Rail Mounted Tactical Laser. That thing can be stuck anywhere there is a RIS grip/rail/whatever.

#29769 Laser Sniper?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

That's the truth. An RF20 can't hit anything past 15 feet. I brassed 3K, however, may be better. Something with good range and great accuracy, but even still, lasers are pretty pointless. They aren't that great in the day, and have too small of a lit area for the night. Oh well, it was a pretty good idea. It would have to be more of a decorative item if anything.

#29761 Camo Paint

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

here's some olive drab duct tape. That will work with a bit of thin electrical tape. Otherwise, here's some higher quality camo tape.
Here's a few more:
hardwoods camo
barrel tip tape,to prove it's a non-lethal (yeah...right) airgun.
And that's about it that I can find here.

#29758 Fireworks

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

I still have to smuggle mine in, even though only a few cops really care. At my age, it's easier for me to get a few pounds of black powder than it is to get fireworks though, so even if I did want to go to Illinois or Ohio, finding someone to take me would be a whole other story. So fountains and blowtorches it is. Or go to a public fireworks display.

#29737 Ultra Bright Nite Finder

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 28 June 2004 - 10:45 AM in Modifications

Very nice work. I was thinking of putting a small RIS rail on mine and then using a SureFire light, but that sounds like more work than replacing the bulb.

A lightbulb and an LED don't compare. Not even if that bulb is a Halogen. I have used a 2 AA MagLite, and if I compared it to my triple LED 4.5 volt light , the LED flashlight will quite litterally blind you, which works very well for dark room clearing, it gives more of a "deer in the headlights" effect compared to a normal flashlight, while the MagLite is just, well everyone knows about MagLites. Hell, that LED light is brighter than my 2 D MagLite. That even has a Halogen bulb (my dad got board so he messed with it). Then again, the LED is good for short distances, but the MagLite works good for medium-long range.

#29668 Holsters

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 27 June 2004 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

That, or, you could use a sock. Fits just about every Nerf pistol, and, since several come in one bag, they can be replaced easily.

To me, the whole idea of using a holster seems kinda silly. I mean, GET SOME FRIGGIN' POCKETS! They work better.

...just stick whatever (you) can in pockets, cargo pants are good for that, you know.

I've only made two holsters. Used them both once, they were very pointless. I have yet to use them again.

#29381 Son Of An Airtech 3000

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 24 June 2004 - 07:58 AM in Modifications

Just drill them out. That's what I did, even though I don't use them anymore. I singled my AT3K. That way it doesn't click every time you pump it.

#29326 Mr. Literal

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 23 June 2004 - 07:34 PM in Homemades

What's interesting is that I actually made some Nerf-tipped bolts for a 150-pound crossbow. Looks like I may have to buy one of those and make a few more bolts if I want to keep a crossbow. The one that is pictured above is very high maintenance. After about every twenty shots four to five rubberbands need replacing, which is very hard to do how I have the thing set up.

#29314 Which Nerf Gun Has Greatest Range?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 23 June 2004 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

It all depends on the person modding it and what mods done. I would saya homemade rifle with properly weighted and shaped darts. Or a supersoaker.

#29311 Mr. Literal

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 23 June 2004 - 05:56 PM in Homemades

A shitload of rubberbands. Here's the math(slightly confusing): two strands of seven groups of three red bands=42, four strands of seven green rubberbands=28. 42+28=70 rubberbands. I'm going to add two more of the seven-three grouped strands in order to give it more power. Unfortunately, it just got left out in the rain, so there may be an entire cord replacement, which would then be replaced with three bungee cords, giving the sucker an estimated 75 pound draw weight. That may require a metal trigger and receiver assembly.

I added the stock and battle tested it today. I was able to get off rougghly 1.5 shots per second(took 3 seconds to shoot 2 arrows), so the RoF isn't too bad. Not as good as my NF, but I still one a few rounds of free for all.

Silly newb-style question but, what is LARPing anyway?

#29227 Mr. Literal

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 23 June 2004 - 08:39 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

This brings a whole new meaning to the term Nerf Crossbow. The ranges aren't great (40-50 feet flat with an arrow), but I'm currently working on giving it more power and to shoot Stefans. Unfortunately, it already takes 27 pounds of force to cock the thing, so I can't add too much more force. There is a stock for the thing, but it just gets in hte way. The bow is already 3.5 feet wide.

<EDIT>Ummm....the pic's just a little big<EDIT>

#28984 Nerf Gatling Gun

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 20 June 2004 - 09:04 PM in Homemades

Same here, but I don't know how well the design will work. Once I make some illustrations (that should be in a few months) , I'll post them. Even though I'm not to awake, here's an explanation of the design.

Regulated CO2 would be sent to one of the valves I posted on earlier. By opening that valve, it would go to a box with a fan blade in it, which is attached to a rod, which is attached to the barrels. The blades will spin, causing the barrels and breaches to spin. Now the tricky part: getting the breach bolts to move back. This will require some extensive metalwork with steel tubing and a spirally thingy. Once I draw some pics, you all will be able to understand this better; that and my explanation is not complete.

#28760 How Rich Can You Get?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 17 June 2004 - 07:43 PM in Off Topic

I like hearing that.^_^

Interesting...You guys definetly would have customers. I'm surprised there is actually people out there serious enough about Nerf to build and sell their own versions of guns we love. I mean that in a good way, even though it may not sound it. I was once like that for Airsoft. I designed and built a single 12-gauge gas shotgun round, that would allow any real-steel shotgun to be an Airsoft shotgun. It kinda worked, but not as I expected. I may be able to mod it to go for Nerf, but then it would probably be in 20-gauge or .50, or .410 if I tried. Now I just design crap that my friends make for me, usually because they can test it because they have the equipment to.

I just recently started to focus on airguns. That's how I got back into Nerf after a half-year's break. I was challenged to make a .50 pellet rifle. I gave the person the design and said here ya go, but you have to build it yourself, just sign the waiver and it's your's.

There's my (crappy) story. It's nice to see there are no procrastinaters in the Nerf homemade building division.

#28757 Airsoft Mod To Nerf

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 17 June 2004 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

Hmm...I may have to find that friend whose selling a working one for ten dollars. I need a new loser. I would probably use one of the extra Unknown Breeches I have than buying some CPVC. I'll get it to fit...eventually. ^_^

#28751 New Guns At Toys-r-us – Anybody Modded Them Yet?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 17 June 2004 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

That's why I'd buy/make one. Recoil in a Nerf gun? Sweet. I'll have to get some pics of the thing, then I may buy it, or build my own.

#28750 Airsoft Mod To Nerf

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 17 June 2004 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

No. The air output is way to small, unless you like having a gun that shoots five feet. I've tried to with my Tanfoglio and my friend's M-4, neither worked too well.

#28747 Sweetest Airsoft Gun

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 17 June 2004 - 04:31 PM in Off Topic

I'm gonna say two things. One, that's a springer, so it sucks. Two, it's made of cheap plastic, so it sucks. The TM ones are only better because their (usually) made of higher strength plastic. But yeah, it's kinda neat.

#28448 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 14 June 2004 - 06:39 AM in Homemades

Well the Gatling idea could be a Vulcan or minigun just by replacing the crank with an electric motor with the power to turn it, in which case I have a box of them that have been proven to work, I think. If you want a CO2 powered (no electric or electric rotater) Vulcan, I know how to do that, although I don't feel like typing it up right now. I may post later or something to give you all the designs.

#28421 Where To Buy A Laser Pointer?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 13 June 2004 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to regret responding, but every dollar store I have been to carries them. That is alot of states. Have you checked them yet? Family Dollar, $1 Dollar Superstore, etc. There ya go. Be happy.

#28152 Pop Darts

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 09 June 2004 - 08:03 PM in Homemades

Instead of using hot glue, you could use tacky glue. That way, to get the old poper out, all you do is get the glue wet and then it lets go.

I've heard that the popers, when exploding on skin, leave a black mark (that rubs off) and that is it. Is that true?

#28151 Shotgun

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 09 June 2004 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

Sorry about my earlier post. Now that I've seen a pic, everything is different. You definately did a good job on it. A question I have is, what kind of pump is that? I am cureous as to where you got it.

#28049 Can Someone Help Me Identify This Nerf Gun?

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 08 June 2004 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

So this is a pic of the early phaser? And this is how it turned out in the end?

I highly doubt that was a Nerf gun. On NC, I saw a pic of every blaster they has in reviews, and that does not look like any I saw.

#27998 Rf20 Problem

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 08 June 2004 - 08:43 AM in Modifications

Yeah, make a new one. Molding one won't be too hard, but finding the proper strength plastic will be. There is an easier way though, throw the RF20 in the never-use pile. The thing sucks. Buy a PC, get some extra clips, there you go.

#27997 Damn Memory Loss...

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 08 June 2004 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

Search this website. I know there is a thread about that.

#27929 My Homemade Sniper

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 June 2004 - 10:18 AM in Homemades

Or the higher the pressure in the tank. Or the slower the air output.

Ok, to get back on topic a bit more, that thing is very...umm...strange. I like the idea for the pump, though. You used a bike tire floor pump. I see why it takes only four pumps to get 165 feet. The look of the stock resembles more of a buck's rack than a shoulder piece, but when the ranges mentioned are acheived, then looks don't matter. Good job.

#27927 At3k Vs At4k

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 07 June 2004 - 10:14 AM in Modifications

I pump it five times, and when the trigger actually fires it, the darts go over 100'.

so you mean there's something wrong with it, or what ?

The pressure gets high enough that the spring will be fully compressed when the trigger is pulled, yet the valve plug won't be pulled. I solved that with minor modding. Now comes the funny: when my AT3K is pumped 5-6 times, my friend, his brothers, and my dad cannot pull the trigger. It's as if they have no finger strength. Interesting. My trigger is now starting to have damage from stress, but the tubing inside the gun has yet to crack or leak.

#27891 At3k Vs At4k

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 06 June 2004 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

I don't know, I like my AT3K more than my SM3K, or, when I had an SM3K. Now only the case is left. The valve on my SM3K blew. I lent it out and someone snapped the metal rod clear out of the valve plug.

I have modded my AT3K with: single breechloaded paperboard barrel (10" long, 17/32" ID), replacement of goo tube and the original tubing with 10" of 1/4" OD tubing, release valve plugged, and a 1/2x3/4" PVC sight with paperclip crosshairs. I pump it five times, and when the trigger actually fires it, the darts go over 100'. I would say that the AT3K is better than the SM3K and AT4K in size, weight, accuracy, and distance. That all depends on how they are modded though.

#27717 Combining Nf With Secret Strike

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 04 June 2004 - 11:54 AM in Modifications

The OD of the clear is 1/4". The orange tubing is 7/32". As for getting it in those holes, I have no idea. I'll have to look through the thousands of car parts I have and find a few pieces that will work to connect. I have mine cut like yours, and all I have to say is that you cut it wrong. You should've left some of the plastic on the valve end. That way, just file it down a ways and glue the tubing to it. But since you didn't, I didn't. I really see no other way at the momentl. I currently am experimenting. I'll update in a bit.

#27711 Shotgun

Posted by GeneralPrimevil on 04 June 2004 - 10:34 AM in Homemades

Not to be trashing you or anything, but it's not the first shotgun. Someone on NH developed a shotgun round, turning any PVC modded gun into a shotgun. This is how to make one: Take FBR, quarter it lengthwise, put a glob of hot-glue on each quarter. The spread is great. So no, it's not the first working nerf shotgun.