Spoon's Content

There have been 516 items by Spoon (Search limited from 12-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4514 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 13 May 2003 - 03:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Sounds great Kevin, though it will be hard to have a Spoon vs. Vacc grudge match since Vacc isn't coming this Armageddon.....

#4448 Max Shot + At2k

Posted by Spoon on 11 May 2003 - 02:35 AM in Modifications

Integrations are great until you're actually in battle and they fall apart, as they almost always do, especially if they're done with tape. Bad nerfer, bad!

#4422 X2

Posted by Spoon on 09 May 2003 - 11:52 PM in Off Topic

X-Men was good. Very very good. Phoenix made me all tingly inside, like the way you get after a really intense....poo.

Rogue had better either show some juggs or become useful, 'cause she's starting to piss me off.

I'd turn gay in a second if Logan came beckoning, I worship Wolverine.

I also think Magneto and Prof. X kick ass, I like how awe inspiring their powers are.

Nightcrawler totally kicked ass, I can't imagine a better incarnation of that character.

Deathstrike was kind of lame because she was so underutilized.

I liked how much darker this movie was. In this film, unlike the first one, people actually DIED and got cut up and stuff. Wolverine going berserk in the mansion was distilled awesomeness.

Did I mention that I can't wait for Singer to fully realize the Phoenix plotline? Yea well I can't.

#4421 Air Tech 4k

Posted by Spoon on 09 May 2003 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

Integrations are pretty useless IMO (which is ironic, seeing as how I was the first one to do an integration). The AT4K is definately a lot more uncomfortable to pump, although it's handle and trigger are better. Also, PETGing 12 barrels would just be a huge pain in the ass. Still, I'm going to try to do it for Armageddon, even if I don't personally use the gun.

#4235 Realistic And Dynamic Defense Plans

Posted by Spoon on 02 May 2003 - 06:15 PM in Off Topic

Gentlemen,

I think you've overlooking one very important item. We must concede that, being nerfers by trade, we are not the most knowledgable or equipped to handle the extermination of endless waves of undead thirsting for human brains. We must ask ourselves, "What would Milla Jovavich do?"

I think we need lasers.

#4234 Power Clip

Posted by Spoon on 02 May 2003 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Yea, what he said. Bladder reduction is about the worst thing you could do to a PC.

#4053 Crossbow Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by Spoon on 27 April 2003 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

Tape won't do a damn thing. Run a metal rod along the length of the shaft and epoxy it in place. Use a LOT of epoxy. Make sure the rod doesn't stick out past the plastic otherwise it may not fit in the gun right. It will also make the plunger considerably heavier so you'll need to use more tension.

#4020 Nerf Training Poll

Posted by Spoon on 26 April 2003 - 01:17 AM in General Nerf

You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass but, wouldn't you rather take Spoon's word on it ?

What the hell are you talking about? Translation for those of us who do NOT speak you're curious dialect?

#4001 First Shot

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

You need to replace the barrel. Read Cxwq's article on modding the Max Shot on this site, and apply the same technique to the First Shot.

Oh, and use Stefans not nerf micros.

#3992 Sigs

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 12:33 PM in Site Feedback

whao vac you talking to californians but i do suport the shooting the terrorist

It's amazing, really. I mean in person you're very easily understood, dare I say even articulate? But.....online.....Jon, what the fuck?

#3989 My Ripper.

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

Really though, with two shots indoors you're pretty much garaunteed to hit what you shoot at. If you need MORE than two shots from 40 feet while indoors.....well really, you'd need to grow some skillz.

#3988 Life...

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

Yea I do some computer modding. Most of my electronic case/comp mods I've finished but never actually installed in the case. That and I've been known to rig up some really ghetto looking light/sound/dolly equipment for filming things using common modding techniques.

#3987 Sm2500

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

Spoon nerf god is much better. :)

No....not really. How about just Spoon. Hell even Ryan, if you want to pretend that you're my bestest friend....

#3970 Sm2500

Posted by Spoon on 25 April 2003 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

The SM3000 is a newer version of the SM 2500 (which itself is a newer version of the Larami 2500. The old Larami version was the best, with the versions getting progressively worse thereafter. There have been a lot of different versions of the SM3000 with different colors and shapes.

#3926 Sigs

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:56 PM in Site Feedback

.....that or a good hard rogering.....

#3925 Power Clip

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Eventually the rubber bladder will stretch a bit, lowering the bladder air pressure, and decreasing rate of fire (and range to a smaller extent).

#3924 Powerclip Rubber Banding

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

Black Scout: Yea you may suck at modding, it sounds like you had WAY too many bands on there. Or a broken PC.

Mason: You've got it backwards there actually. Banding you're PC's bladder will increase rate of fire and have virtually NO effect on range. The reason for this is that the pressure of the air inside the bladder does NOT determine the pressure of the air blast to the dart. The pressure in the bladder drives the mechanism on top back and forth. Using a system of springs and valves inside that mechanism, the reciprocating (back and forth) motion creates an air burst that goes to the dart. Therefore, increasing bladder pressure will increase the rate that the mechanism moves back and forth, which increases rate of fire. However the air burst pressure will remain virtually the same. To increase range you'd need to somehow replace or strengthen the internal spring in the mechanism (which is impossible, since it's all completely fused together), or increase the resistance when the mechanism moves BACK. I tried using bands for this but it didn't work too well, rubber bands have a very pronounced resistance curve. What I mean by that is that their resistance to stretching varies widely according to how much it's already stretched. Whereas springs have pretty much the same resistance no matter how compressed they are.

I tried to make all of that understandable, but it's easier to show than explain.

#3923 My Ripper.

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

Well when you're shooting three Stefans out of each barrel 40 feet isn't bad. I'd advise you to just keep one in each barrel and benifit from the longer range.

#3922 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Vassilli: Thats probably because you left a pretty small hole for the air to come out of. The TS's barrels are really thin, too thin I think to provide enough power for a brass barrel.

#3921 Nerfers Database

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

I found it best to go to the windows update program that every windows program has in it. It automatically finds the updates for YOUR computer.

I don't think Windows Update supports Win95 anymore either.

#3920 Nerf Training Poll

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Of course not. >puts his hands in a halo shape above his head< See?

#3869 Eab Sm1500.

Posted by Spoon on 23 April 2003 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

The same kinds of barrels that work with any air pressure gun. Read Cxwq's barrel selection article on this site. Brass, copper or PETG. Whatever fits your darts best and doesn't have much friction.

#3852 Eab Sm1500.

Posted by Spoon on 23 April 2003 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

Try it and find out.

#3851 Good Length Of Barrel

Posted by Spoon on 23 April 2003 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Two or three springs in a BBB? Good God.....

#3850 Nerfers Database

Posted by Spoon on 23 April 2003 - 02:03 PM in General Nerf

Microsoft recently (like 6-8 months ago I believe) stopped officially supporting Win 95, WinNT and (I believe) Win 98. It's an effort to push people to upgrade to the vastly superior Windows XP. My computer enthusiast side thinks people still running Win95 really don't deserve updates anyway, but my rational side still thinks it was kind of crappy for MS to drop the ball. Not suprising though.

#3849 Nerf Training Poll

Posted by Spoon on 23 April 2003 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

Vacc accepts your apology.

#3806 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 22 April 2003 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Yea Hubbard got that. I dunno, it seems ok....still a bit underpowered compared to the Max Shot.

#3805 The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Posted by Spoon on 22 April 2003 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

Many years ago, like 8 or 9 years ago, a friend and I broke in (well not exactly broke in, there weren't any locks on the doors) to a house that was still under construction, although it already had walls and floors and ceilings. It was so fucking sweet, but looking back we would have SO been in trouble if the cops had been called. So yea, don't do that.

#3790 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 22 April 2003 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

The First Shot seems pretty underpowered, especially compared to it's bigger brother. I doubt it has the air capacity or power to fire megas very well. Perhaps micros in brass, since there'd be less mass to move and less friction, will have better results.

#3767 At2k Mod

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

Whichever fits your darts better.

#3766 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd pick you up. If you needed money, we could just rob someone, it's easy!

#3764 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 07:37 PM in Off Topic

Theres nothing wrong with being gay. Just ask your mom.

#3745 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

Do I get to bungee jump around a steel cage with a chainsaw? If I do, I'm in.

#3744 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 05:01 PM in Nerf Wars

During the week would raise tons of ride problems, most kids' parents work during the week.

#3743 Want To Set Up A Nerf War This Summerin Modesto

Posted by Spoon on 21 April 2003 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I missed something....

#3714 Hey Guys...

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

Run? Are you serious? With that many desperate housewives I could open a website..... ;)

#3713 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Excellent job, as always. My only worry is that the coupler will eventually be ripped off as you pull off the barrel. In my experience PVC couplers fit pretty tightly with their corresponding pipe size. Hot glue is shit for strength, so I guess it depends on how tight you fit the coupler on over the taped end. Still, I really like how you used the PVC to facilitate the removable barrel. I'm still holding out for a better breech loader however....

I also didn't choose to remove the gun's safety, as once the safety piece got stuck and the handle crashed into my head upon firing accidentally. It hurt. I havn't noticed any jamming problems with the piece so I'll leave it in.

Did you do much testing with different ratios of 9/16" to 17/32"? I wonder if 2" of constriction is optimal for this gun.

#3712 The Physics Of Nerf

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

Sometimes using conversion factors is part of the problem on purpose. I mean outside of scientists who the hell in the US uses meters?

#3690 Weird Question

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 01:22 AM in General Nerf

IMO, hot glue shouldn't be used on mods at ALL. It's just not very strong, it's kind of a cheap cop-out if you ask me. In my opinion if it's not bolted together, it's just gonna break.

#3689 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 01:18 AM in Modifications

You need to pry off the circular blue caps on each side near the rear (at the fulcrum of the handle), there are screws underneath both caps.