First Shot

I need help with my first shot mods

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jasonvogt13

Jasonvogt13

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:29 PM

DOesd anyone have an idea how to make the first shot better???. I have tired adding springs and it only adds two feet. I have also tired sanding the tube and minis fire even worse than megas. I am really mad because this gun sucks as a stock gun. I can only get 10 feet out of it.

#2 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:31 PM

You need to replace the barrel. Read Cxwq's article on modding the Max Shot on this site, and apply the same technique to the First Shot.

Oh, and use Stefans not nerf micros.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#3 BlackCat

BlackCat

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:31 PM

If that seems too complicated you can simply do a crayola mod. I did it to mine and I get 40-45 feet on average.
I don't know how a TV works and frankly I don't want to know. As far as I'm concerned its magic and the whole world is a magical place.

#4 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 04:52 PM

I cpvc'd mine. It gets 65' flat. You just saw off the stupid pole thing that the dart goes on, then sand that down, drill a bigger hole thats a little smaller than the cpvc, and then plumbers goop the cpvc barrel on. After that I added some hotglue for support where the barrel goes through the black peice.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:44 PM

Spoon's response -> for 1/2" micro stefans.

Blackcat's response -> for Nerf micro darts.

Serpent loser's response -> for ~3/8" micro stefans.

The most confusing thing about mods is that everyone is using different darts and tries to compare their mods directly. I'll bet many a mod newbie leaves frustrated because they do a CPVC mod for their 'west-coast' 1/2" FBR or because they try to use stefans in a crayola modded spring gun.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 VBUser

VBUser

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 03:36 AM

This is my first mod ever (:D), using a RoseArt marker--the same as Black Cat advises.

Take the RoseArt marker (the big kind) apart with plyers, removing all internal parts. Take a hacksaw, and take off the tip. Saw right below the lip, right as the smaller part begins. You'll be left with a white tube--the end you sawed off will be smaller. Take apart your FirstShot, and look at the barrel. There's a blue piece on the end, take it off with some plyers. Slip the small end of your marker over the post, then duct tape it in place. Use a lot of duct tape, and make sure it's airtight. You're ready to go (after an easy reassembly).

Also, use black electrical tape to make the part of the marker that extends out more pretty. Make it thick right at the base, so the black piece that comes with the gun fits snugly over it.

For a more perminent mod, use a glue gun to seal up the junction between marker and post.

This fits Nerf Micros and...I havn't made any of my own darts yet. The inner barrel diameter of a marker is about 1/2 inch, FYI.

#7 GunnedDown

GunnedDown

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 09:32 PM

...Serpent loser's response -> for ~3/8" micro stefans....

...'west-coast' 1/2" FBR ...

Uhh.. What? 3/8 FBR? That's too far off. Skinny 1/2in FBR that fits in CPVC is only a 32nd, maybe a 16th, of an inch, off of true 1/2in FBR that fits perfectly in 9/16 K&S brand brass. This is why it does better in 1/2inch CPVC.

Also, FBR thickness isn't regional at all. It is determined by the manufacturer, but, the manufacturer can be regional.I, on the east coast, have the same FBR that fits 9/16 brass PERFECTLY. It is actually determined by the manufacturer and their care for how well they make the FBR. You and I both use true 1/2 inch FBR, however, the darts WebbZter made, were made from skinny, false 1/2 inch FBR that DOES NOT perform well in 9/16in K&S brass, and performs WELL in 1/2inch CPVC. Since WebbZter makes darts for his clan, they all use CPVC, because, the darts are the same.

Sorry... I just wanted to clear this up.

We should try and create a list of FBR manufacturers and test their sizes and performance.
"The occasional hell or damn is ok,
but we do sh*t and F---"

~Webbster, Foam Improvement.

"I got four points... I sackled you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users