Possemhunter's Content

There have been 110 items by Possemhunter (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#251615 Nf/mav Probs

Posted by Possemhunter on 25 September 2009 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

Why not just make a nitemaverick? There are write ups and everything.

#241458 New Type Of Speed Coupler

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 July 2009 - 03:18 PM in Homemades

I see that it would work well, it's just that there is a lot more dead space now and what makes it better than just using a coupler and several lengths of cpvc for barrels?

#279165 Nerf Sues Buzz Bee And Lanard!

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 July 2010 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

I find it funny that Buzz Bee headquarters is in my town of residence

#245439 Nerf Raider Cs-35 Ar Removal

Posted by Possemhunter on 04 August 2009 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

I would love to see some internal pictures of the raider.

#242790 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 July 2009 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Hasbro copied us with the "N- Strike Flip Clip." I can't wait till they start making minus bows (-bow)

Edit- Someone beat me to it with the flip clip

#232524 Nerf Grenade, Pretty Sure This Is An Original Idea

Posted by Possemhunter on 25 May 2009 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

Could you be more detailed? I don't get it. If possible draw another diagram of how this works.

#245659 Nerf Arrowstorms

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 August 2009 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

I don't know for sure but I have an arrowstorm with the cut out notches.

#251703 Need Some Help With Nf Mod Troubleshooting

Posted by Possemhunter on 26 September 2009 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

Two words DART FIT. Unless your darts are obscenely fat, 9/16 brass is only good for long barrels. Tape a piece of 17/32 in as a barrel insert and you should see an improvement.

#239889 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by Possemhunter on 02 July 2009 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Simply amazing! Are you submitting that to the modification contest?

#237174 My New Ls Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 18 June 2009 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

Ohh my gosh........... That is scary. You could win a nerf war just by showing that thing to the other team. Plus they can't tell where on earth your actually aiming it. Ranges? It also looks a bit front heavy. As long as it's functional, good job. Just try to make future mods a tiny bit cleaner.

#234150 My Nerf Nitefinder

Posted by Possemhunter on 03 June 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Yes, I agree. I think alot of people need to realize it is important to keep some orange visible from the front and sides of a nerf gun. Just the trigger and the tip of the barrel is all you need. Otherwise you could scare alot of people and that could lead to a whole big mess.

#229455 Modular Longshot.

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 May 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Nice work! I'll have to try this myself.

#233832 Mod For Buzz Bee Missiles

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 June 2009 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I have seven of these missiles. Everyone of them broke. Oh well. They didn't go to waste. I use rubber cement and glue it all back together. The added weight makes them fly farther. Is it just me or are most of the missiles terrribly innacurate? I've also tryed to make shrapnel missiles, but none of my designs have had much success.

#235046 Mega Missile/ Maverick Integration

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? Nice ranges though.

#233446 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

If you use a large external air tank the power will go down very slowly, as much more air is required to change the PSI in the tank. I could see you getting easily 30 shots out of a decently sized air tank with only a max deviation in range of 5 to 10 feet or so.

Something the size as one of Slug's backpack air tanks (not referring to his HPA tanks here) could probably get you a bit short of one hundred or so.

Edit: Don't shoot squirrels.

Do you think a titan tank would be suitable for this? I have one to use.

#233420 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

#233429 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention it, but I had another idea when making this. Have it hooked up to a larger airtank with a valve that would allow a certain amount of pressure into the 2k tank. I just don't know of ny valves that can do that.

A regulator valve, a ball valve (if you want to conserve air, you will have to open and close before each shot, though, and an external air tank.

If you don't run the external air tank above 60 to 70 PSI you won't need the regulator. Take a look at imseoulman's "unfair gun" and CaptainSlug's "DIY external air tank".

Edit: For the tubing problem, click the "My Mod Write-Ups" button in my sig. Than take a look at my AT2K mod. It basically shows how to do what wes is talking about.

The problem with using a ball valve of nothing at all is that each successive shot with have less power.

#233416 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

I had the idea to use the base of the front of the plunger in my mind. Thanks Tantum

#233410 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Hello Nerfhaven.

I recently started a new project. I'm combining the airteck 2k tank with a maverick. I had a maverick with a broken outer plunger and a set of 2k internals. The idea was to get the range of the 2k( I know it will be less)
with the cool look of the maverick.

I ran into a slight road block. I had to cut off the goo gauge to fit the tank in. Here's my question- How should I connect the pump hose to the tank? I tried hot glue but it didn't seal.

Posted Image

Thanks for the help. I think this may have been done before but the pictures in the post didn't work anymore.

This is what I have finished so far

Posted Image

The basic layout

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

#233414 Maverick 2000 Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 May 2009 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

Drill a little bit in that hole in the back of the tank to the same size as the hose (cut that plastic off of the hose), then glue. Look at the Handy Pistol thread if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks. that's a good idea. I think I'll try it.

#257734 Mav Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 December 2009 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

You might want to work on the seal in the plunger. And I'm not sure if the gun will cock with 4 pennies. There might not be enough room for the spring to compress.

The seal IN the plunger? Not quite sure what you mean by that... Actually, the gun does cock just fine.

Where the outer plunger seals with the inner plunger.

#257716 Mav Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 01 December 2009 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

You might want to work on the seal in the plunger. And I'm not sure if the gun will cock with 4 pennies. There might not be enough room for the spring to compress.

#251966 Massive Nurf Warz (75+ People)

Posted by Possemhunter on 28 September 2009 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm curious what "no metal part" mods means. No brass barrels? remove the screws? What do you mean?

#245830 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 August 2009 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? I like the idea of just moving the pump so you can have an uber mag l.oaded

#234454 Ls Quick Open Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 June 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

Good idea. I have never put all 22 screws back in place. I just put the important ones back in.

#278500 Longshot Breech Questions

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 June 2010 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I would like to say that I made the standard angel breech with a 17/32 insert for smaller darts. You just need to make sure that the 1/2 inch pusher will not be touching the 17/32 piece. With this system you can fire different
"calibers" of foam and change the barrel accordingly. I will add that my longshot only shoots around 65 feet flat like this but it is probably just the darts (bit to loose) or the fact that the gun is like five years old. I don't see how doing this could hurt though.

#236764 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

So you duct taped two longshot clips together? So what. It isn't any more functional than a single clip, just more unwieldly and a waste of another clip. Why not just take cardboard and put it on the sides of both clips so you can have two "bannana clips?

#236771 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Ohhh. Sorry. That's actually an ok idea. I thought you were taping the top of one to the bottom of the bottom of another so you couldn't use the bottom one. I'm still not sure this needed it's own thread though.

#236151 If You Mod A Tek 10

Posted by Possemhunter on 14 June 2009 - 07:20 AM in Modifications

That had to be alot of money in brass!

#242305 I Will Take Contracts [ Selected Mods ]

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 July 2009 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

"Just send us the gun and the money" What? So you can rob someone of two things at once. Even if you had no intention of doing that (At least I hope not) I don't think anyone will trust you. Post some pictures of your previous work and what you know you can do. Are you better at cosmetic work or internal work. Also taking breeches out of your list doesn't leave much to do that someone else can't do themselves.

#283310 How To Re-compress Springs?

Posted by Possemhunter on 17 August 2010 - 08:37 AM in Modifications

No it will not matter for a trigger spring and typically if you find the right pen, you can steal its spring. For main springs you just have to re-temper them in a forge which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. A blow torch could work as well.

#228622 How To Make Nerf Claymore

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 May 2009 - 06:00 PM in Homemades

That's a good idea. Very simple. I like it. One thing I would do is tie a string from the back of the tube to the spring so that the spring does not launch out. This would be safer and it would make it easier to reset the thing. My other idea is to use something as wadding so that you could fill the tube up with shortie stefans. That would gauruntee a hit.

#225102 How To Make Koosh Rings

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 April 2009 - 06:55 PM in General Nerf

Best first two posts I've ever seen someone make. ;) Very nice job!

Good Job!

#257435 How To Make Hollow Stefans (tutorial)

Posted by Possemhunter on 28 November 2009 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

Good idea. It would be cool if you could heat the nail electrically (don't zap yourself). I think the purpose of the hollow in the back of darts is to improve the seal between the barrel, not increase accuracy. When the blast of air hits the hollow in the the dart, the rear rim expands and forms a nice seal against the barrel. In theory this would allow you to use a barrel that would otherwise be just a bit to loose. But what do I know. I'll have to test it when I get more foam.

#257439 How To Make Hollow Stefans (tutorial)

Posted by Possemhunter on 28 November 2009 - 09:19 AM in General Nerf

How do you know I'm not your dad? huh No I'm just kidding

#290954 How To Expand A 2k Tank

Posted by Possemhunter on 15 December 2010 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

You could probably compensate for the slower air delivery with longer barrels.

#232879 How Do You Put A Picture On A Post

Posted by Possemhunter on 27 May 2009 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

I take some pity on you. I had the same problem. When you have the code in for the picture in your post and you click post, it will show up with the picture.

Hope it helped assuming you know the rest and were just confued because the pic ddn't show up immediatley

edit- you didn't know where to put the url? Now that's a laughing matter!

#234316 Highcap Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 04 June 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

It is easier to help if pictures are in the post. Just do this: 1)copy and paste picture url into post. 2) highlight url. 3) click the image button at top of posting window

#298417 Hey guys!

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 May 2011 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Hey everyone! I haven't been on in a while, so just dropping by. The new site sure looks spiffy! Great job to whomever designed it. I applaud you good sirs!

Possum

#231512 Help! Painting Stefans

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 May 2009 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Just use Glow in the dark hot glue

That stuff is sick! I would love to have effective tracer darts!