Photo

How To Re-compress Springs?

9 replies to this topic

#1 AbstractSociety

AbstractSociety

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

My cousin stretched out one of the internal springs of my Fury Fire how can I re-compress it?

Also, how do you re-compress springs in general?

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

You can't. Or at least, you can't compress it back to it's original size and expect it to maintain the same strength. Stretching springs is a bad idea in general.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 16 August 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

If you use it enough it will eventually go back into shape but it might be weaker after that. Stretching springs is for children, men buy new ones.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 AbstractSociety

AbstractSociety

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

How can I compress it back to the same size then? Will this stretch spring affect the trigger on my Fury Fire?

Heres the insides right now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/154aia1.jpg

#5 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

How can I compress it back to the same size then? Will this stretch spring affect the trigger on my Fury Fire?

They just told you you cant stupid. Just get another one.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#6 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Oh!!! That spring, you should've said so. I thought we were talking about the main spring. That spring isn't that important, I'm sure it will fire fine. But no, you can't re compress it without a blow torch or something and its not worth it, you can get them at a hardware store.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#7 LotusNerf

LotusNerf

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

Oh!!! That spring, you should've said so. I thought we were talking about the main spring. That spring isn't that important, I'm sure it will fire fine. But no, you can't re compress it without a blow torch or something and its not worth it, you can get them at a hardware store.

Yup, ACE Hardware sells a bunch of springs, and they do have small extension springs.

#8 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

No it will not matter for a trigger spring and typically if you find the right pen, you can steal its spring. For main springs you just have to re-temper them in a forge which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. A blow torch could work as well.

#9 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Just put it back together and you should be fine.

If my eyes aren't deceiving me, that's the trigger return spring. As long as it has enough elasticity left to return the trigger (which, unless you quadrupled its length, should be possible) it'll work.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#10 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

Correct me if im wrong but..............

You kind of sound like a guy who has an old crappily modded Mav' lying in a dark secret corner, probably painted black to...... you can get one of those springs out of it and make some use of your old "mistakes".....
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users