SonReeceSonJensen's Content

There have been 624 items by SonReeceSonJensen (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#244036 Zoom-o Ball Titan Barrel

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 26 July 2009 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

2009 is the year of the shotty mod: way to bring the innovation!

I can see this being good to clear an area around a flag station or The Core, so there might be practical use here. Not that “practical” is the only reason to mod a blaster, this deal looks just fun to have around.

If you have a job in a cube farm I can see you freaking out your neighbor with a shower of balls, that might also be fun.

#348369 Zing Air Tek bows kick nuts!

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 13 August 2015 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

I am 100% doing this. DTC is my favorite gametype and in MN we often play with variable points for different sized ammo as motivation to do crazy and quasi-practical mods exactly like yours.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Edit: also realized this is great for younger kids or people with younger kids who don't have the arm strength to really operate on of these. Double thanks!

#285768 Xbow Stock Length Question

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 20 September 2010 - 09:29 AM in General Nerf

I have 3/5ths of an xbow that I got in an amazing deal from Sooth but I am looking to de-pistolize it. Can someone please tell be the length of an xbow from the butt ot the screws before the main body?

Posted Image

Thank you, Tron, for you contribution of having this pic for me to use.

#233967 Wtf Is This?

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 02 June 2009 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

I would be very sad if someone shot me with a plastic fish…

#234415 Wondering What Some Guns Are...

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 05 June 2009 - 09:05 AM in General Nerf

• The bow and arrow is the Bow and Arrow
• The bottom silver pistol to the right of the Bow and Arrow is the Eagle Eye
• The two-barreled pump gun in the mid-bottom left is the Master Blaster
• The small red-body black-handle one above and to the right of the Master Blaster is the NB-1
• The blue-bodied multi-barrel one with the funny cocking lever to the right of the NB-1 is the Rattler, I believe
• The two pistols below the Rattler are Sharpshooters
• The blue barrel with the orange tip and the jagged marks on the far right is for a saw tooth

#254649 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 26 October 2009 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

I see change already coming.

I have been nerfing not quite a year and I have had general guidelines for excessive blaster strength and war dickitry pounded into my brain since day one. I also read almost every thread, this helps. A LITTLE credit to a new generation please.

Nerf is not dead. Just sayin’.

3rd coast: Ima rollin’ all pistolaz n’ swords next war and there is no doubt in my mind I will have a blast.

#288990 Warlock Holster/sheath?

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 26 November 2010 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Adapt as necessary. The axe can just go in handle first.

I can tell you you can run at full speed aaaaaaaall day and you will not lose your weapon with this.

http://nerfhaven.com...=18200&hl=sword

Also, the tac vest has a sword sheath on the back.

#322660 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 16 October 2012 - 01:02 PM in Off Topic

Second for Psychopathic Records

As much Mega Man as possible, please.

#256584 Very Cheap Sword Sheeth

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 17 November 2009 - 01:25 PM in Homemades

Yall better shape up before CNP comes in here and head shots each of you and laughs with feminine fury.

Absolutely no idea who CNP is, but ‘feminine’ fury is one of my fave kinds up there with ‘lyrical’ and ‘kickasstic’.

#256529 Very Cheap Sword Sheeth

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 16 November 2009 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

That's the root beer liquor my friends and I traditionally get to drink while we wait in line for Black Friday sales, one bottle in a 2 liter of root beer and you're good to go.

Root Hundo FTW! That is my Gopher *insert sport* preferred drink!

If you're making a Demetri Martin reference, I approve.... ladies.

Not sure who that is. This one was for…the ladies.

For clarification
• I have run full speed and the S-word still stays in place
• No amount of melee will replace foam flinging
• Barrel tapping IS underage…so if you are then you can’t really make this. Works out.
• Root Hundo FTW

#256410 Very Cheap Sword Sheeth

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 15 November 2009 - 10:31 PM in Homemades

I AM AWARE…

That not every war and not every ONE allows melee weapons. I think barrel taps are bunk, but they fill a need that…well…is there.

So to do this here is what you need
• A pool noodle sword
• A nerf community who allows melee
• A liter of Root 100 OR…something you are legally allowed to buy. YOU get to figger that part out.
• A knife or box cutter.
• Paint? Sure, why not.

Ok, so cut the top off like so.
Posted Image

Remover the bottom like so, this if fairly intuitive.
Posted Image

Use the belt of your choice to trace exactly where you want it to hang.
Posted Image

Imagine two or three steps that get you here…then do this!
Posted Image

Ladies…PM me for more info on sword play.
Posted Image

It was silver with a black handle but that was too NijSim so I added blazing pink.

#256420 Very Cheap Sword Sheeth

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 15 November 2009 - 11:05 PM in Homemades

I love it. I expect to be hit by this at the next war.

Oh, fair warning, there are maybe two or three women on the site. Im sure an admin has an official number.

No living creature will be spared the wrath of my pool noodle fury.

And my wife just asked if there actually WERE girls on this site and I had to admit that war pics say that…well…they’re in the range of ‘not-bad’ to ‘damn’. This is NOT a free pass from pool-noodle fury, btw.

#331959 Urban Nerf Assault

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 15 July 2013 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I cannot attend due to being at ComiCom like a stone cold pimp BUT...to anyone who is interested I have been emailing with this guy and he seems legit.

#228494 Unicorn Gun

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 06 May 2009 - 08:37 AM in Modifications

Say Cheez, could you post one more wide-shot pic? I don't think I'm fully appreciating the majesty of this beast through the small close-up pics.

I'm also a fan of 'melee' attachments, perhaps a FFX2-style quadracorn gun is in order...

#251154 U2’s Stage For 360 Tour

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 21 September 2009 - 12:53 PM in Off Topic

I saw U2 at Soldier Field in Chi a few weeks ago. This is not to discuss music (I’m a metal fan myself) but this stage is out of control awesome and thought it was worth sharing.

Posted Image

It turned many colors and the spire on top also has a disco ball in it. As you can see there is a ‘beehive’ of hexagonal screens that extends down from the base of the claw.

Posted Image

I am pretty sure I will never see a show this big again in my life.

#251235 U2’s Stage For 360 Tour

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 21 September 2009 - 10:52 PM in Off Topic

But…the thing is MASSIVE!!! It takes 5 days to assemble, 3 days to take down, and there are three in existence so they can actually get them set up in time.

It is basically one of those things you have to see, but when you think about the logistics of it and then an insane disco ball pops out the top and lights up an entire stadium I find it hard to believe most people won’t find it at least ‘neat’.

#229563 Tsunami Scattergun + Nightfinter

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 11 May 2009 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

Excellent, more multi-function weapons! I would think the decent range and ROF of the NF combined with having a 7 shot burst at the ready would make for a good primary.

Points for diversity. And putting the little guy on top, as it were.

#229938 Tsunami Scattergun + Nightfinter

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 12 May 2009 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Kind of reminds me of the gun Nemesis had in Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse, with the big part underneath. Add a digital counter that goes up to 1 and it is an exact replica :P

#251098 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 20 September 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

Sorry…all the help that can be given has bee n given.

BUT, the shear amount of effort on this device is quite impressive so props for that.

Use one piece of PCV (or whatever you want) for the tube and a home-made plunger head and you are in business.

And great work, regardless of results.

#276689 Triple Coupler’d Bbbb

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 02 June 2010 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

1) couldn't you make this half the size by cutting the CPVC and PVC couplers in half?

2) Oh, and about the clip... why is it placed horizontally? You'd have to turn the gun sideways or something before shooting, which kind of defeats the purpose of a hopper clip.

3) Nevertheless it's pretty cool;

1) I could have, but I filled the space between the inside of the 1/2" PVC and the release valve with generous amounts of Epoxy. Also a half-sawn CPVC-in-PVC would not fit over the nub…and I don’t trust my cuts to be 100% straight every time.

2) Gangsta, yo.

3) Much thanks.

I like this.

1) This would definitely make things easier on the fly.

2) You can just jam 1/2" CPVC into a small nub of 1/2" sch40 pvc.

3) I'm also curious about the hopper off to the side. It doesn't fire that way does it?

1) Truth.

2) I just discovered the endless potential of this, unfortunately the mod was long done before I did.

3) Gangsta, yo.

This is pretty cool, it should get added to the mod directory.

Those are the maddest of props. HELLS yes 

Thank you so much. I have to try this.

Titties Golores, Senor.

1) Another Spano mod!

2) I would suggest cutting the shell back a little more, it seems rather hard to pull the shotgun spread out.

3) Great job.

1) You bet your ass :D

2) Yes, it is actually unusable with my 2” barrel pods, but if I cut the shell…I couldn’t be gangsta, yo.

3) Midewest love.

Gangsta, yo. 100% inspiration from Shorts at St. Paul Late Fall.
Posted Image

#276639 Triple Coupler’d Bbbb

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 02 June 2010 - 09:12 AM in Modifications

I have been making efforts recently to try build blasters that will last through changes in trends like dart size and type, advances in barrel and clip technology, and use of alternate ammo like missiles and arrows without becoming obscure/useless/under used.

A lot of this is I really have little time (and yes, liquid capital) for modding so I try to get as much functionality out of each mod as I can. Here is how to jam THREE couplers onto a 4B, but really you could put the trip coup adapter on anything.

Here are materials, labeled for your convenience. You will also need adhesive (I recommend epoxy and goop) and hotglue for the dead space killin’.
Posted Image

Start by encasing you ½” cpvc coupler within two ½” pvc couplers.
Posted Image

Put that bad boy onto the nub end of your 4B and let dry. You could stop here if you just wanted the two but let’s push the envelope.
Posted Image

Put over the first segment a piece of 1 ¼” PVC and secure with strong adhesive, marine epoxy used here. It is GENEROUSLY used on the inside and outside here. You will want these strongly secured as repeated barrel removal and jamming in place can rip the couplers right off.
Posted Image

Kill the dead space and add stability with hotglue.
Posted Image

Goop your 1 ¼” adapter on there.
Posted Image

Put the internals back in place, BTW this will require some very creative shell cutting.
Posted Image

BAM: CPVC!
Posted Image

BAM: PVC for megas or clips.
Posted Image

BAM: large caliber for barrel pods or other silliness.
Posted Image

And yes: I painted it skin color.
Posted Image

I call it The Flesh! My wife said “that’s ghey, just call it Your Penis”. I think this means I win :)
Posted Image

#290362 Toy Story 3 Blaster

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 07 December 2010 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

Indeed, this thing really isn't worth it.

BOLLOCKS: undiscovered country has no price! I saw these in the Target near me a few months ago and was also deterred by the price but I will absolutely be on the look-out for one in the $10 range.

Nice write-up, lots of detail for something that is not going to exactly blow the doors off the competition at a war. I'm glad people will take the time to modify and document the less obvious (or obviously obscure) blasters.

Just realized the front-top portion looks just about 2k or SSBP sized...

#230939 Titan Tassel Launcher

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 17 May 2009 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

AND you have the secret agent briefcase! Nicely done, now maybe a PJ in you school colors to top it off.

#239375 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 30 June 2009 - 08:08 AM in Modifications

As-is this would be rough to use in a standard nerf war, but I love the idea and I have a solution.

Make it a TOW Missile
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Tow_missile

Tie a kite string to the titan and back of the rocket: when the string is pulled taught the rocked stops and the stephens fly out and rain down. Seems easy to fire from behind a tree or any barricade, and even if people scatter that can be used to clear bases/flag locations/The Core, whatever.

Posted Image

Could one of you try this to see if it works? I don’t have a Titan.

#286987 Tiny Tim - Edit: Simpler More Effective Design On Page 2

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 15 October 2010 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

and now, the peak of ridiculousness:

Posted Image

THIS is reason enough to do the mod: pulling a damn ARROW out of your pocket to level someone who rushes thinking you ran out of ammo would be priceless. I like the way your mind works, not limiting mods to one ammo type.

#305181 THE TITLE HAS THE WORD 'IDEA' IN ALL CAPS

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 29 September 2011 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Host a war. Try it. The resulting recap thread will let the NIC know what it needs to.

#273608 The Official Internals Directory

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 28 April 2010 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

Internals to the Ironman Launcher. I finally wrecked on beyond repair so at least others can now benefit.

Posted Image
Inside the plunger base, OPRV circled there.

Posted Image
Cut open launcher base. The tube runs al the way up to the end of the shaft.

Posted Image
The bottom of the launcher base, the hot glue on the left cover the safety hole normally cover by a marble that prevents shooting it anyway but straight up.

Posted Image
This is the tip of the rod and shaft that connects to the main air source. You have to cut either the tip off or widen the base hole but this was easier.

#289844 The Mirage-ss, Simple And Effective Semi Automatic Design

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 02 December 2010 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

That is just tits. Sorry, nothing constructive to add: only compliments today.

#241657 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 12 July 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

The only black gun you won’t get the nuts flamed off of you for.

Very nice, I like how you can capitalize on the ROF with the simple pull-back. And it has a very sexxxy look.

Now get a red bandana and tell people you are their worst nightmare.

#247575 Tfs-semi

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 18 August 2009 - 10:52 PM in Homemades

I checked out Spudfiles: holy mother f is some of that stuff intense.

Welcome to the haven, I’m not sure what shooting a 1 lb potato 300 yards translates into for a micro Stephen but I can’t wait to see.

#304931 Tetrahedral Mobstacles

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 22 September 2011 - 09:06 PM in Homemades

Reading the part on the knots reminded me of my 14 year old self trying to remember the intricate pattern of beating a level in Zelda 64.

On topic: OH MY DAMN! This is about 400% better than I imagined it would be. Good F'n work.

I will say, from the experience point of carting around a car load of 6 mobsticals, that the compact nature and portability is easily their best feature.

#302286 Territories

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 26 July 2011 - 08:53 AM in General Nerf

"How difficult was taking guarded depots?"

Not hard at all, sometimes you could run by and switch a marker while someone was not looking and often depots go unguarded to defend other depots. Also I set up the cover so the advantage was on the taker's side.

[quote name='Curly' timestamp=I would try separating the game into a few short rounds, with changing spawns and depot locations.
[/quote]
THIS I like! I can see setting up three 20 minut rounds with 10 min between to reconfigure the field and then count total scores for the three rounds! Next time :). Thanks for the idea.

#302196 Territories

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 24 July 2011 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

This is now a tried and true game and the majority opinions were posative.

Materials
-markers were easily identifiable and manipulable.
-the depots were sturdy and 3" was perfect size.

Game play - pros
-constant movement and play: which i like.
-not even the slightest chance to camp due to the constant need to be actively engaged: which I like.
-incessant need to reclaim territories and regain ground make it a challenge to literally the last second.
-easy to divide teams or reassign roles: MAN I loved being a troll/blighter!

Game Play - Con
- need a pretty big field, 300' across or more, to fit all the spawnpoints in. If I had ONE problem, and I had only one, was that we could not accommodate a 360 degree field of play with 360 degrees of spawning. Ensure this factor and you have one HELL of a round!

#302054 Territories

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 22 July 2011 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

Two points with this thread: 1) prepare MN peeps for the war in 2 days, and 2) get NIC input and possibly work out kinks or oversights beforehand.

The game is Territories: there are depots that must be claimed by each team. For this thread I will main focus on the ideal of three teams.

First we have the depots: 12" lengths of 3" PVC taped to an 18" wood stake.
Posted Image

I made ten for the configuration I have planned. And you get this many from a full PVC length.
Posted Image

Here are the markers. This game was inspired by Demon lord's efforts at a MN war and me having an absurd number in 2' lengths of 3/4" PVC from making mobsticals. Here are 10 of each of the three team colors.
Posted Image

OBJECTIVE: run around and "claim territories" by putting your team's colored marker upright. Here you cam see blue and green are tied 1 to 1.
Posted Image

Here pink has made some solid grabs.
Posted Image

Here is a configuration map. The orange are depots, the squares are modsticals, and the big circles are team-neutral spawn points with 10' no-hit zones around them to be marked with orange soccer cones. All depots start with all neutral markers.
Posted Image

Other points:
- there is no set size, but for the war the max size we can get is about 200' diameter based on the area we will be in. I would have liked 300' but whatever.
-easily converted to two teams, or have an odd man out be a 'blighter' who converts depots back to neutral.
- all teams start from a spawn point as opposite from others as you can get.
- 20 min time limit, unlimited instant respawn, most held territories at the end wins.

So that's what I got. Hopefully I just shaved 5-7 minutes of down time off the war and got your gears turning on strategy.

#302095 Territories

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 23 July 2011 - 02:32 PM in General Nerf

@keo - the markers are manually switched out by whoever get to it and changes whenever someone else wants to and is able. The depots are held by force.

@AndHero - make some :P

@Spokk- make some! Copy me!

@Curly- go nuts, absolutely use this idea. Tweak it all you want.

@LTJG - yes: manual flips. There is a good foot of neon color so they should be easy to see. And each team starts with none.

@carb - thought of that: the butt of each marker has a small amount of paint on it so it is very easy to find the right one :)

@curly again - yes: force!

@Lang- no, tomorrow will be the first time. I do see your concern but I think that will be part if the challenge and strategy: maybe goto a different point, maybe hope you beat your opponent on the draw. However "hanging out" in the nutral zone will not be tolorated nor will be shooting from inside it.

#330347 Tek Recon

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 29 May 2013 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

Just dropped my $40, 11 days and $12k to go. I really like the concept, plus I wouldn't mind stimulating the general foam dart sports market.

#302555 Tek 4

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 30 July 2011 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

I whole-heartily support your efforts to de-suck or lessen the suckage of normally buttass Blasters!

That being said I have one small mod that should add a few feet: widen the air hole on the plunder tube. Just stick a drill bit in there and you're good. You could probably still do it without opening it up.

#265871 Supermaxx 750 Write-up/improvements

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 18 February 2010 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

As far as clips go, you could always try an inline one. I know they aren't supposed to work well with air guns, but maybe you have enough deadspace already that it would be alright.

For a sonic bazooka an inline works very well, the tank volume looks about the same as the 750 so that might do the trick. I recomed 3 shots to keep dead space down, that woks well for me.

#290455 Strongarm Modification

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 08 December 2010 - 01:11 PM in Modifications

Very nice, I have not seen bendy straws used too much no nice innovation.

Your utility attachments are fun, nothing like throwing a flashlight on a all-too-serious blaster :D

I am seeing someone quad wielding these with one on top and bottom of each arm.

#254565 Stormtrooper Blastech E-11 Raider With Brass Breech

Posted by SonReeceSonJensen on 25 October 2009 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

So it is primed shotgun-style by grabbing the “bi-pod”? I think I got that, but it is hard to tell the cosmetic work from the functional hardware added…I think there is a compliment in there.