Photo

U2ís Stage For 360 Tour

5 replies to this topic

#1 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

I saw U2 at Soldier Field in Chi a few weeks ago. This is not to discuss music (Iím a metal fan myself) but this stage is out of control awesome and thought it was worth sharing.

Posted Image

It turned many colors and the spire on top also has a disco ball in it. As you can see there is a Ďbeehiveí of hexagonal screens that extends down from the base of the claw.

Posted Image

I am pretty sure I will never see a show this big again in my life.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#2 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

It looks like a base from some halo covenant apparatus, like the canon you have to destroy just before the flood appears. Really cool indeed.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#3 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

It looks like a base from some halo covenant apparatus, like the canon you have to destroy just before the flood appears. Really cool indeed.

What?

Man, I hate it when people to this, putting so much effort in something so non sequitur and off of their boundaries and then getting such good responses just because they poured a bunch of money in some giant alien lamp or whatever shit they made.

Really, some thing that looks like a headcrab with screens doesn't improve your music. Something with an Ipod attached to it doesn't necessarily add to it's effect. Oh well. I know it could be called "creativity", but putting some lights and cheap LCD panels on fiberglass doesn't really deserve applause by me.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#4 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

ButÖthe thing is MASSIVE!!! It takes 5 days to assemble, 3 days to take down, and there are three in existence so they can actually get them set up in time.

It is basically one of those things you have to see, but when you think about the logistics of it and then an insane disco ball pops out the top and lights up an entire stadium I find it hard to believe most people wonít find it at least Ďneatí.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

Man, I hate it when people to this, putting so much effort in something so non sequitur and off of their boundaries and then getting such good responses just because they poured a bunch of money in some giant alien lamp or whatever shit they made.

Relax, we get it, you're edgy and full of angst. No one questions your emo cred.

I'm not a fan of U2, but that is pretty much directly out of an Episode of Metalocalypse. Brutal.

VACC

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, but Bono is gonna be crooning about saving starving children in Africa rather then using the contents of your spinal column for dental hygiene purposes.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users