meiser5's Content

There have been 171 items by meiser5 (Search limited from 29-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#81742 Rf20 Salvage Ideas

Posted by meiser5 on 13 May 2006 - 09:21 AM in Off Topic

THis is probably my first ever post but lets get to it. You have just gotten home with your nice shiny new rapid twenty and you take it out of the box. You load it and pump it up and when you fire all you here is air rushing out. What do you do. When this hapens to me i do not fret, i always do three things to the gun before i throw it out.

1.) In the case of the rapid fire twenty it is not firing because the gun is either leaking out of the bladder or in my case, the gasket on the firing valve gets stuck open on the first shot. I tried to remedy this by opening the gun up and puting the gasket back on but it kept missfiring. So know on to step two.

2.) If you cannot fix-it, salvage-it! Thats what I unfortunately had to do to this gun but when i was done, I had extra screws for one of my future modding projects, then i was able to get a half decent spring for one of my other guns. (Just in case) I got the entire pump assembly and this was probably one of the most useful peices i got out of it, The 20 round drum.
This was so usefull because i can use it to store and protect up to twenty rounds of ammo or when taken apart you can use it to cut micro stefans and to straghten them.

3.) Through the garbage away.

#81745 Rf20 Salvage Ideas

Posted by meiser5 on 13 May 2006 - 10:00 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, the store i had gotten it from had had a closing sale and i happened to be there, that is the only reason i did not return it.

(Edit) No KB-toys was the store.

#81762 Commlink Ii Mod Write-up

Posted by meiser5 on 13 May 2006 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

That was a very good explanation. As a matter of fact that has given me an idea, Ill add a mod soon if it works.
But back on topic, that was very good job of getting the orange peice off without messing up the look of the gun.

#81764 My Firefly Is Being A Retard Please Help

Posted by meiser5 on 13 May 2006 - 02:32 PM in Modifications

I looked into it and nerfer34 is write, do the cpvc mod and if it still does not work, you need a new gun.

#81765 Rf20 Mod Kind Of Write Up

Posted by meiser5 on 13 May 2006 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

I did what you said to one of my other rf20's and got about forty seven feet, so good job man.

#82052 Titan Indoor Mod Not Going Well...

Posted by meiser5 on 19 May 2006 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

You can't even shoot that thing. There is no air running through the Knexes to propel the darts.

Why dont you read the article before you make a sugestion okay, okay then. <_<
Back on subject, sweet ammo holder. :D

#82255 Need Help!

Posted by meiser5 on 23 May 2006 - 11:22 AM in Off Topic

Okay guys, if you did not hear the back ground story on this you would chew me out for asking this but hear it goes. I need to know if there is a way to get larami darts because i have looked and called every where in my town and cannot find them. I even tried getting them on ebay or special ordering them directly from Hasbro but to no aveil. I need help, please respond fast. ;)

Does any of the older members have any in put, i mean i have experimented with megas but they are to heavy even when they are cut down, and unless i was able to get a picture of the darts that carbon suggested i would not know for sure if the darts would work with my sm1500.
PLEASE HELP!

#82298 C.s.h.g.

Posted by meiser5 on 24 May 2006 - 04:30 PM in Homemades

Sweet gun man, nice use of the hopper style system of loading it.

P.s. I will personally s*** myself if that gun works. :D

#82321 How To Make Good Use Of The Nerf Tech Target

Posted by meiser5 on 24 May 2006 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

:angry: Listen I know that this thread is ancient but come on man, dude you need to go to this thing, hmmm what is it called...
Oh yes, thats right its called first grade.

#82340 Fbr, Backer Rod

Posted by meiser5 on 25 May 2006 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

I was at home depot a couple of minutes ago and was asking them about the Foam Backer Rod, they to looked at me like I had eight heads but after some careful isle skimming I found it, next time I am just going to ask them for Backer Rod instead of Foam Backer Rod. :D

#82358 Need Help!

Posted by meiser5 on 26 May 2006 - 09:36 AM in Off Topic

Thankyou for all the help, im still pretty new at this so i admit i might have looked like a lazy ass on this thread, but i will order some and see if they work with the older larimi guns like the 750 and 1500.

On another note, if the holes on the back were not big enough but the dart was thick like a mega couldent you just use a hot glue gun to enlarge the hole, or would that be out of the question?

#82373 Need Help!

Posted by meiser5 on 26 May 2006 - 08:06 PM in Off Topic

What if I found a way to fill the dart up with some lightweight air proof material so a small air pocket could form?
Caulking might work....

EDIT///What if i was to just block the hole towards the middle where the air pocket hole end, i would be saving weight and time, would this throw the dart off. I will be going to the store this Sunday anyway to test it out so does anyone have any suggestions on why that might not work.

#82447 My Mini Nitefinder

Posted by meiser5 on 28 May 2006 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

Be extremely careful if you paint the entire thing black, if a cop sees you with it outside he might mistake it for the real thing and put a cap in your ass. If it were my gun I would paint the blue black only and leave the barrel a different color so if anyone sees the thing they dont think it is real because of the orange strips and orange cocker. But this is yours so do what you see fit with it.
JUST BE CAREFUL!

#82680 Sprinkler Valve Question

Posted by meiser5 on 02 June 2006 - 07:21 PM in Homemades

You could check online home inprovement shops for sprinkler valves and Home Depot or Lowes, and Walmart might even have them. ;)

EDIT// Just think of me as a homless person, ignore me and i,ll go away. You can just take Gramanam's advice about Menard's, it is a lot easier.

Edit 2// Im not ragging on you but Around has one "R", again sorry for if you think i am ragging on you for spelling.

#82702 Supermaxxes In Walgreen's

Posted by meiser5 on 03 June 2006 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

I'm not so sure but do Walgreen's drug stores have access to old nerf blasters because recently I walked into one and asked them if they had any nerf guns, they pointed me out to a isle that had 5 sm350's, 2 old version sm750's, an sm3000 yellow, and a bunch of older nock-off dart guns. I did buy one of each and they all except for the 350 which shoots micros came with what appeared to be freshly new Larami"s. Check out your Walgreen's in your area, the only thing i could possibly think of is because i live in God's Waiting Room(Palm Coast) the nerf guns do not sell well and mayby they get leftovers in a lot of stores.

:ph34r: ===Meiser5- Everybodys Favorite Little Money Hog=== :ph34r:

#82734 Supermaxxes In Walgreen's

Posted by meiser5 on 04 June 2006 - 12:44 PM in Off Topic

They are infact left overs.

Thankyou for clearing that up, just making sure.

#83018 New Stefans

Posted by meiser5 on 09 June 2006 - 10:38 AM in Homemades

First off, did you ever think that spring powered wings would make the dart a tad to heavy? And if they did not make them heavy how practical would they be in a war? You would be spending the time it takes for a guy with a pocket shot to pump it up and shoot you trying to get the dang thing loaded, I mean unless you had some kind of speed loader made up of a tube and plunger maybe that would help but that may not still overcome the fact that the dart will be to heavy to leave the barrel. :mellow:

------Meiser5,Everybodys Favorite Little Money Hog :lol: -----

#83025 Whee Jaw Surgery!

Posted by meiser5 on 09 June 2006 - 12:47 PM in Off Topic

Are you high, why do you love surgery it is painful. My god what are these doctors doing to you, are you okay, no really i want to know. :mellow: :lol: :mellow:

#83685 Longshot Cs-6

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

Dude, I am almost 100 percent sure that we do not need info like this, there were countless threads on this site, nerfhq, and other small time sites about the same exact things you just said, granted there might be a couple people out there that are new to nerf and might be going wow a new auwsome nerf gun, but still we have all heard this before.

Meiser--- <_<

P.s. Fix your spelling and grammar before you start getting yourself ruthlessly flamed back to the Middle Ages.

#83690 Help My Dear Sweet Hornet

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Please for the love of all that is good fix your grammar and spelling and please post useful topics that will help you and others with your problem. You may want to do this before sombody gets fed up with it and kicks your ass back to mayberry.

Meiser--- <_<

#83693 Give Me Some Ideas For Games

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

One word, Search Button.
Oh, my bad that is two words.

Meiser--- <_<

#83696 How Do You Post A Picture?

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

Type your future posts like that and you will have a happy and healthy life here at nerf haven. <_< :D

Meiser---- B)

#83703 Help My Dear Sweet Hornet

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

With that kind of attitude, I have said it once and will say it again, you will go far. Keep it up and you are welcome in my book.

Meiser---- <_<

#83709 Easiest Homemade

Posted by meiser5 on 23 June 2006 - 09:55 PM in Homemades

Spelling and Grammar.

#83728 Simple Combustion Mini Nerf Gun

Posted by meiser5 on 24 June 2006 - 12:00 PM in Homemades

If you want to fix the gap problem when you load a dart into the barrel use micro stefans, since they do not have a collar if you make them right you will have a near 100 percent increase in the seal of the dart.

Meiser----- :o

#83736 I've Officially Lost My Mind!

Posted by meiser5 on 24 June 2006 - 02:51 PM in General Nerf

May the gods of nerf have mercy on your pitifil soul for defiling a perfectly good sawtooth.......
Somewhere in a distant place a noob weaps. Did anybody even need to know this crap, I think my vocabulary has dropped by ten percent.

Mese----
Messy----
Meisr, aw screw it. :o :wacko:

Edit: Sorry for the outburst, i am running on a half an hour of sleep. But getting that thing to shoot 35' is kinda cool when you think about it because nobody probably has ever tried somthing like this before.

#83742 Your Armory

Posted by meiser5 on 24 June 2006 - 03:13 PM in General Nerf

Why does everybody keep posting in this dead topic, the thing was dormant for half a year before an insolent noob had to reopen it. Then it went dead for another month and people are posting in it again. Just let this thing die.

Meiser---- :o

#84133 Amazon Selling Magstrike

Posted by meiser5 on 01 July 2006 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

I know you can order in advance and wait on the shipping line to get one as soon as they hit the shelves, but how did you purchase the last one if they are not even out yet?

Meiser------ :huh:

#84491 Behold!

Posted by meiser5 on 06 July 2006 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

Captain, if it is okay with you I can shed some light on the internals in a day or two because I ordered the gun two days ago and it should arrive soon. Im pretty good with internals on the more complex guns so I will get back to it soon.

Meiser--- ^_^

#84911 Magstrike Or Longshot?

Posted by meiser5 on 12 July 2006 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

If your goning to post in my poll try and spell DAMN correcty, I will let it slide this time.

Leave him alone, we all make mistakes just like you did when you spelled going wrong.
To get back on topic I would have to agree with Hokie on how thrilled i am about the magstrike, this hopefully will turn into a great gun when it is modded.

Meiser---- B)

#84953 How To Make An Ammo Vest, With Pics

Posted by meiser5 on 13 July 2006 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

Do you remember when you opened up that shiny new Magstrike or Dart Tag, how good they shot when you tested them straight out of the box, things were good. So lets get out of that day dream and get to work, you might also remember those almost useless vests that you got with them. The only real use they had was that you could shoot them with the velcro darts and that was about it. Well now there is a little more use for them. And here is how to make them good ammo vests for your darts.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED...

- Needle and thread
- Utility straps ( Can be found on old lunchboxes you do not need anymore )
- Dart tag vest
- Camo material, ( Optional )
- Scissors
- Model Knife ( Optional )
- Marker or pen
- Tape

Know there are a couple optional things you could do here, first there is no reason you could not just use a sewing machine but I found it more accurate and easier to use the thread and needle on this so when I messed up I did not have restart the entire sewing process all over again. And if you do not use the machine right, you will shread the foam material. Secondly, you do not have to use the camo material but it made the vest look less childish. Finally the knife is also optional because you will not need it after you cut the holes for the straps.

STEPS FOR MAKING VEST...

1- Lay your material out on a good sized table.
2- Begin buy traceing the vest on your camo cloth, be sure you have enough for both sides.
3- Carefully cut out the cloth with a extra 1'' margin of error line.
4- Carefully sew the cloth onto your vest, when you are done with both sides take a break and go find twenty darts.
5- When you feel refreshed from your break come back, and with scissors or the knife carefully cut away the excess camo material and throw it out.
6- Tape the end of the utility strap to the edge of the vest on the reverse side.
7- Carefully make a loop matching the size of the dart then tape it off, do this until you have two rows of ten darts on the front of your vest and on the back of your vest.
8- Sew the straps down and THEN remove the tape.
9- Adjust your vest so it fits you.
10- Thats it, go pat yourself on the back.

I will try to get some pics uploaded but that will happen only if I can find my picture cable.

Meiser---- B)

EDIT- Fixed Spelling and Grammar.

#84971 How To Make An Ammo Vest, With Pics

Posted by meiser5 on 13 July 2006 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

I posted here because I was not sure if it would have been real useful to anyone.

Meiser--- B)

#84990 How To Make An Ammo Vest, With Pics

Posted by meiser5 on 13 July 2006 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

1-Posted Image

This is the picture of the vest itself after the camo has been stitched on.

2-Posted Image

This is the picture of me making the ammo loops.

I will try to make the image 1 smaller in a little bit but there will be a couple more images to come.

Posted Image

Sorry the pic is blurry.

Meiser--- B)

#85049 Magstrike Internals

Posted by meiser5 on 14 July 2006 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are some pics of the clip, the pic of the back of the clip is not present but it resembles the powerclip almost exactly.

Meiser--- :w00t:

#85051 Behold!

Posted by meiser5 on 14 July 2006 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

It finally came, but alas the gun was broken so I will have to exchange it. But let me get back on topic, I bear internal pics...

Posted Image
This is the lower half of the trigger assembly.

Posted Image
I will try to take a better picture but this is the upper firing mechanism.

Posted Image
A slightly blurry pic of the airtank and end of the pump.
Most of the pics were blurry but I hope this at least clears some questions up.

Meiser---- :w00t:

#85055 Magstrike Internals

Posted by meiser5 on 14 July 2006 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Magstrike and powerclip clips are interchangeable and here is why...

Posted Image
If you take the belt clip out and,
Posted Image
scrape away the guideline on the end of the clip, the clip will match almost exactly (except for the top) with the PC clip.

Here are some more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for my fugly feet being in the pic.

And one final pic of the clip in the gun...

Meiser---- :w00t:

Posted Image

#85057 Questions

Posted by meiser5 on 14 July 2006 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure but I don't think you can, unless somebody knows more than me.

Meiser--- :w00t:

#85221 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by meiser5 on 17 July 2006 - 01:23 PM in Off Topic

I think the most badass gun has to be the almighty and unstoppable Browning Automatic Rifle, used in four different wars including W.W.1, W.W.2, Korea, and in Nam.

Posted Image

Just saw the vid, sweet!!!! Great music to, nothing beats Metallica's Fight Fire With Fire and that musical number, Crap, Brainfart, forgot the name of the orchestrated number.

Posted Image
This Band + Miniguns = Deathmachine

Meiser--- :)

#85228 06' Blasters Situation

Posted by meiser5 on 17 July 2006 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

The Magstrike is basically a remake of the P.C., and is only as of this moment availible on Walmart.com for about Forty including shipping and tax.

The Longshot is not out yet except for the lucky someone who got his at a comic store.

Meiser---- :)

#85350 Nerfhaven Unusually Slow?

Posted by meiser5 on 19 July 2006 - 02:38 PM in Site Feedback

I'm no expert on the matter but usually my loading times slow down when there are a lot of non-members
visiting the site. But yes, my loading times have been extremely slow lately, it let up a bit today though.

Meiser--- :lol: