Prometheus's Content

There have been 675 items by Prometheus (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#137011 Zaler- Heavily Modded Longshot.

Posted by Prometheus on 23 January 2008 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Mine has the tubing removed, but I have another magstrike pump that has been coupler modded with a barbed hose fitting epoxied on and it can now accept 1/4" vinyl tubing. I might have a 1/4" to 1/8" reducer kicking around. I also believe the magstrike has a larger pump, but not exactly sure, never opened my hornet.

#136982 Zaler- Heavily Modded Longshot.

Posted by Prometheus on 23 January 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

I have an extra magstrike pump if you are in need of one.

#105769 Your Best Paintjobs/modifications

Posted by Prometheus on 15 May 2007 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

With 2 pages, confusion will increase, and there will be even more shit filling up the boards. CX would rip the shit out of whoever filled up the forums when everybody (or at least some of us) try to keep it clean. I'm with OMC on this one. Give 'em hell OMC.

#116413 Working On An Ls At2k Integration

Posted by Prometheus on 19 July 2007 - 07:25 AM in Modifications

You`ll need to replace the barrel to get better ranges. More power and a shitty barrel will do little. Also, a better barrel will really increase accuracy, as well as effective utilization of air.

#116407 Working On An Ls At2k Integration

Posted by Prometheus on 19 July 2007 - 06:34 AM in Modifications

It`s cool and all, but alot of the vets around here, ask why as it lowers your ROF. Perhaps there is something else here that you are trying to accomplish here...

#134872 Wood Tipped Stefan

Posted by Prometheus on 03 January 2008 - 07:57 PM in Homemades

Um what I meant was possible to break windows if you get a gun powerful enough (100+ranged) and shoot it fairly closely. I have shot at a window 5 paces away with my (maverick, Speed loader , {Maxshot 10 paces})
and didn't break the glass and I didn't dare shoot it with my singled titan. Its not as painful as you think my sister who dint know took 2 shots for me 1 wood tipped 1 washer stefan(about 2 paces away) . She said ouch to both but when i asked her which one hurt more and she said the washer stefan hurts more because it stings.My theory is the impact area is less for the wood tipped therefore spreading out the force of impact ...

That is contradictory. If the impact area is large, the force is spread out, but if it is small, then the force is more concentrated, and hurts more.

#97692 Wired Darts?

Posted by Prometheus on 04 January 2007 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

Ok, 2" for a micro stefan is almost as long as I am using. Watch how deep your weight are, because if the are too close to the center, then they can fishtail. Obviously the two weights are too much, as that is causing the dart to flip over. I am using 1 3/4" micro stefans with some type of screw in the end, and when sitting on a flat surface, they sometimes want to stand on end. However bas as this might sound, the fly very straight and accurate, and they are accurate to around 50 feet, depending on the gun. Watch also if your weights are off-centre along the length of the dart. This can cause it to rotate as it exits the barrel, which more often than most results in fishtailing or at least bad accuracy.

#131505 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Prometheus on 06 December 2007 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be okay to make it, no tests/finals/midterms in sight, plus I might be able to drive myself and a few others. Anyone know if Cardiac Kid is in? I might be able to give him a lift from campus here at UofG.

#136584 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Prometheus on 20 January 2008 - 12:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, so my car is getting safetied, things are looking better by the minute.

Cardiac Kid - you'll be in Mississauga or Guelph for then? If you are here in Guelph, I can give you a lift. I'm in East (ECO-house), and my extension is 72066. Give me a ring sometime.

If anyone is interested, I am looking to get rid of an old magstrike for parts, no bladder.

I also have a stock titan and a stock hornet I would like to sell or trade. PM me an offer.

See you all in less than one week.

#136195 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Prometheus on 16 January 2008 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Let's get this fucker on! I am almost 100% I will be driving, so if anyone needs a ride from Guelph (Cardiac Kid?) I have room for a few. Max of 4 passengers, unless you like to ride stick (then you'll be on the roof). See y'all there.

#108292 Wildfire

Posted by Prometheus on 29 May 2007 - 11:14 PM in General Nerf

It depends if you think it's worth it. I paid $17 USD for an AT3K with shipping to Canada, and I payed double for my LS. Some say the AT3K as a rip, but I us it more than my LS any day. It is all up to as to whether you consider it a good investment.

#127465 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by Prometheus on 25 October 2007 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Prometheus - for my wisdom (in reality, not on the forums) and for causing controversy (again, in real-life only).

#137464 Who Wants Some Recon Rebuild?

Posted by Prometheus on 27 January 2008 - 01:41 AM in Modifications

Well, as a former engineering student, I don't have much to offer without internal pics.

#108802 Which Gun To Get...

Posted by Prometheus on 01 June 2007 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

AT3K, or Big Blast. Easy mods, great guns.

#108091 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Prometheus on 29 May 2007 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

I recently went to a TSC farm store, and discovered that there is indeed three types of PVC, as I previously thought there was two. There is 200 psi thinwall, SCH40/80, and electrical conduit, which is a dark grey in colour. I've always assumed that the electrical conduit was SCH40. Is there any significant differences, other than size limitations? I've used 1/2" conduit for a prototype pressure tank, and it will hold 70 psi no problem, and 120 psi is the assumed upper limit. Anything else I should be wary of between SCH40 and the electrical conduit?

#119334 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Prometheus on 12 August 2007 - 10:14 PM in Modifications

[quote name='NerferKid' date='Aug 12 2007, 06:00 PM' post='119318']
[quote name='meiser5' post='87997' date='Aug 21 2006, 12:48 PM']
SEARCH

It has been talked about before,trust me.
As for springs you can get the at these fine local stores...

Ace Hardware

Menards

so,were supposed to buy a compression spring,right?*haven't added springs to anything yet...:lol:*
[/quote]

Wait, so what was there there that I missed that is supposed to be helpful? I'm confused. Oh, that's right. There's nothing helpful there that we don't know.

#120318 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Prometheus on 18 August 2007 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

I've found copper pipes at Lowes. is there really any difference between that and brass?

Yes. Copper is copper, whereas brass is a copper and zinc alloy. Brass is usually more corrosion resistant, and more malleable than copper or zinc.

#131469 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Prometheus on 05 December 2007 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

I wonder if that will collapse like the Canadian K-Mart chain did.

#103788 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Prometheus on 03 May 2007 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Some hobby shops stock it. Just look around if you live in the city, or go to the city and look around. Never know what you'll find.

#131999 Where Do I Find Plasti Dip?

Posted by Prometheus on 10 December 2007 - 10:27 PM in Homemades

What exactly is Plasti-Dip?

Why post if you dont know?

Plasti-dip can be found in a tools section of most hardware stores and is normally used to dip your tool handles in to make them more comfortable. But check you tool section then ask people if you can't find it.

'Tis a valid question asshole.

Plasti-dip is a variety of compounds, depending on what we are talking about. Most times, it's a elastomer that is somewhat soluble in something such as acetone, and when something is dipped in, and then withdrawn, the acetone (solvent) evaporates, allowing the elastomer to stiffen.

At least, that is the plasti-dip I have used in the past.

#106041 Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Places?

Posted by Prometheus on 16 May 2007 - 10:21 PM in Off Topic

Definitely Subway. They're the shit.

The argument wasn't about his maturity. It was about him backfiring when he said he wasn't offended. I don't care if he is grown up or not, he said he wasn't offended but he responded as if he was. You told me to apologize for a mistake. What mistake? Did I offend OMC while thinking that I didn't. According to OMC, I didn't. So please just get over your brown-nosing selves and shut up. If OMC really had a problem with what I said, he'd ban me or still be on here being defensive. He doesn't have a problem so neither should you.

Wally, I like the stuff but others like to believe in what idiots say and claim they don't like it but then eat it.

Look, Gregory House (anagram: Huge Ego, Sorry) kind of like OMC, has a slightly different from the norm ego. They both act differently (in a neutral way), as they're ego is altering the perspective. Most of the time, this provides entertainment for us, as they both are more direct with their approach. I am NOT saying that the way they act is bad, but we are all unique and how we interpret things determines our reactions, and our reactions determine our next actions. Perhaps CH misunderstood OMC. Everybody else didn't, obviously, but CH isn't everybody else. So shit people, let's get on with life. CH appears to be in the wrong, just because of his interpretation, which resulted in a wrong reaction and then wrong actions. Like, shit, let's ummm, I dunno, end this?

#132782 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by Prometheus on 17 December 2007 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

AT3K - Nerf

Could be why I own 5 of them.

#115479 What Would You Use?

Posted by Prometheus on 11 July 2007 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

A pointless poll, as all three guns have their strengths and weaknesses. Each is used as they are needed. Also, don't ask "which is the best?". It pisses off the admin.

#106109 What Should I Buy?

Posted by Prometheus on 17 May 2007 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, remebering is the key part... which some people will really struggle with. That's where CS's internal pics come in. Can't go wrong there...

#106063 What Should I Buy?

Posted by Prometheus on 16 May 2007 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

My AT3K cost my $17 USD on ebay, but it was worth it (in my opinion). Look around the trading threads, they pop up on occasion.

#106011 What Should I Buy?

Posted by Prometheus on 16 May 2007 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

I would recommend an AT2K or AT3K, easy to mod, excellent guns. Definitely some of my favourites.

#131867 What Kind Of Darts Do You Prefer?

Posted by Prometheus on 09 December 2007 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

This is dumb. Of course people prefer stefans. CSTD's/stock are and obvious second. The rest are just uncommon.

#108692 What Kind Of Bb?

Posted by Prometheus on 31 May 2007 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

Try making CaptainSlug darts, they are really easy to make, cheaper to make, and preform just as well.

Where do you get your washers and felt pads? Haven't found the pads in large quantities anywhere, and the washers are non-existent at the time.

#119229 What Is This Mp3 Player?

Posted by Prometheus on 12 August 2007 - 07:28 AM in Off Topic

Pictures also help. We would at least know what we are trying to identify.

#139105 What Is So Good About The Nightfinder?

Posted by Prometheus on 07 February 2008 - 07:37 AM in General Nerf

Why?
Well, several reasons.

-Reliability
If you ever look inside a Nitefinder, you will see a very simple set up of a plunger, a plunger tube, a catch, and a barrel. The only complex thing in there is the light, which most everyone rips out at some point. This is a huge reason why the LnL is so popular; simplicity at it's best.

-Performance
Not only does the Nitefinder reliably shoot a plenty far for a sidearm, it also has a fairly quick reload. Earlier, there was someone talking about two types of reload speed, Burst rate of fire is over a short amount of time, something the Maverick excels in. The other (I forget the name of this one...) is over a longer period of time, something the Nitefinder at least matches the Maverick in. Sure you can get off 6 shots way quicker than with a Nitefinder, but by the time you reload the whole turret, I bet I can get off my 5th-6th shot and be almost ready for the next.

-Availability
The Nitefinder is widely available all over the place, and for a cheap cost. I think Nitefinders over here are right around $7, with Mavericks being more like $10.

Just overall, the Nitefinder seems to win over the Maverick, and so it is the most popular sidearm for Nerfers.
Now, I'm not saying Mavericks are bad, despite other people's opinions. I think there's a place for them, and with proper modification, they can be quite good. Give it a swappable clip, a stronger spring, a more reliable rotating mechanism and some reinforcement. You should probably be able to hit 50' consistently with great rate of fire. Use it for rushing, defending, cover fire, etc. and it can be prove to be quite useful.

Yeah, Slug mentioned burts ROF and sustained ROF. A Magstrike has a high burst ROF, where as something like the AT3K or LS has a decent sustained ROF.

#109517 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by Prometheus on 05 June 2007 - 12:14 AM in Off Topic

any other sax since the fingerings are the same.

Couldn't resist, too hilarious... read it quickly
Anyways, I've found out that air guitar is also on my list...

#107811 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by Prometheus on 27 May 2007 - 04:29 PM in Off Topic

Used to play violin, and still play some electric guitar.

#121020 What Happened

Posted by Prometheus on 24 August 2007 - 06:15 PM in Site Feedback

I came on board, therefore, no need for any karma system.

OMC, that made my day. Hilarious. But so true. Would it be out of line for me to suggest that you are perhaps the next Talio?

#131246 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Prometheus on 02 December 2007 - 01:46 PM in Off Topic

I was actually hoping to participate in Buy Nothing Day, but since most of my family would see that as stupid, I'm just asking for some music. I'm going to be giving more than getting for once in my life.

Damn, I thought I was few and far in between for knowing about that. I participated, our university had a big thing going on and everything.

#107825 What Not To Do With A Titan And A 410 Shotgun Shell

Posted by Prometheus on 27 May 2007 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, a guy my Dad once knew took a 12-Gauge shell and held it with vice-grips... then smacked it with a hammer. My Dad said it's a shame it only took off part of his face and hand. Let this be a lesson to our stupider people here... We don't want your stupidity and imminent death linked to us at all.

#123951 Well....

Posted by Prometheus on 23 September 2007 - 06:40 PM in Homemades

Cool. what type of mag do you use, and any more info on the valve, such as where can we get one?

#106067 Welcome New Comers

Posted by Prometheus on 16 May 2007 - 11:04 PM in News

Guys, shut the fuck up and listen to OMC and VACC. What they say goes, or else your ass goes, or at least, that's how OMC put it.

#109029 Weights For Darts

Posted by Prometheus on 02 June 2007 - 11:36 PM in General Nerf

1/4" sheet metal screws, like what Boltsniper uses for his SCAR-N. Working on others types still.

#137647 Way Of The Gun

Posted by Prometheus on 28 January 2008 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, at least they appreciate some Hank Williams Jr.

#123016 Water Vapor Affects Performance?

Posted by Prometheus on 15 September 2007 - 03:28 AM in Homemades

If I am not mistaken, I always thought that pressure gauges measure how much above atmospheric pressure is there.

If you have a PVC tube that is open on both ends and you put a pressure gauge onto it, it will read zero PSi.

This does not mean that inside the PVC tube it is a vacuum.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.